New Member -- '08 WDP TL-S

Old 06-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Looks good-in for more pictures, for sure.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:43 AM
SixSpeedDreamin'

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Keep up the good work, it's definitely coming along.

Last edited by Willie3.5; 06-21-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts
WDP Type-S Good luck with it man. Look forward to seeing what you have in store for it.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words! Has anyone removed the front lip and reinstalled it? I think I'm going to take it off and have the front bumper repainted. I don't mind the rear being off white but my front is more noticeable since the lip covers more of the bumper than the rear does. I love how the lip matches the body of the car but the bumper is more of a yellowish color. I believe both were painted at some point before I purchased the car.

I'm guessing the body shop would be able to install more of the 3M tape to secure it to the bumper after the repaint.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Pro

I've only had mine on for less than a year and I put so much extra double sided tape on it that I'm not even sure I'd be able to move it

On WDP there is an annoying subtle difference in color, but I don't think mine is too bad unless you're up real close and staring hard at it. But the color difference is that noticeable on your car? Your Type S front lip covers much more of the bumper than mine, but still...
Old 06-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
my man Boog, your car looks amazing...primarily cuz I have the exact same car. I got mine shipped here from Louisiana. I found her on cars.com an fell in love with it. I traded mt 06 v6 accrord 6spd sedan for it. mine came with the same mileage an I paid 18800 for it. my wheel got a shit load of curb rash though, female driver...go figure lol. im also located in NC, Fayetteville, Fort Bragg area. your car is coming along super nice. I was informed that our trannys usually have a 3rd gear issue an I think its true cuz my accord had the same issue. I jus purchased a comptech short shifter and bushings for it along with 4qrts of GM syncromesh fluid. should be here by Friday I hope. theres supposed to be a meet in July in Raleigh an theres gonna b e decent Acurazine turn out there. hope to meet you an your car bro.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DarkTower19
I've only had mine on for less than a year and I put so much extra double sided tape on it that I'm not even sure I'd be able to move it

On WDP there is an annoying subtle difference in color, but I don't think mine is too bad unless you're up real close and staring hard at it. But the color difference is that noticeable on your car? Your Type S front lip covers much more of the bumper than mine, but still...
You can only tell at certain angles and in certain light but I'm VERY anal about the looks of my car. I don't mind spending an extra few hundred to get the color matched perfectly. I'm sure I can load a bunch of 3M tape and be fine. I just don't know how to unhook those clips that pull the black plastic pieces through.

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteTLs
my man Boog, your car looks amazing...primarily cuz I have the exact same car. I got mine shipped here from Louisiana. I found her on cars.com an fell in love with it. I traded mt 06 v6 accrord 6spd sedan for it. mine came with the same mileage an I paid 18800 for it. my wheel got a shit load of curb rash though, female driver...go figure lol. im also located in NC, Fayetteville, Fort Bragg area. your car is coming along super nice. I was informed that our trannys usually have a 3rd gear issue an I think its true cuz my accord had the same issue. I jus purchased a comptech short shifter and bushings for it along with 4qrts of GM syncromesh fluid. should be here by Friday I hope. theres supposed to be a meet in July in Raleigh an theres gonna b e decent Acurazine turn out there. hope to meet you an your car bro.
I have a buddy stationed at Fort Bragg. I should be living in Charlotte sometime in July once this transfer finally gets pushed through. There are always meets there and I've met a few locals there. Be sure to keep your eyes on the regional section and Charlotte thread. There is a LOT going on in that city!

I sent a local friend who's dad owns a body shop and asked how much it would be to respray the front bumper w/ the lip taken off. They did a repair on a white TL that rear ended someone and the color match came out perfect! Lets just hope my bad luck doesn't follow me with this!

Up next is OEM window visors and 15mm (maybe 20) spacers.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Gave the car a quick wash after work yesterday and snapped a few pictures with my iPhone. I haven't had time to detail the car and bust out the nice camera so these will have to do for now. I also chatted with a friend today about repainting the front bumper. I will hopefully have that done sometime within the next two months or so.

Name:  photo3_zpsccc4e448.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  photo2_zps8a810714.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  photo4_zpsb375f2e1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  photo1_zps58990217.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  100.3 KB
Old 06-27-2014, 08:22 PM
__M|M__

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
Don't know if it's just me but in pic #2 both front and back bumper have a yellowish tone to it.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spectra Phantom
Don't know if it's just me but in pic #2 both front and back bumper have a yellowish tone to it.
It's not just you. Like I've said a few times in this thread that it irritates me having the off white bumpers. Almost every WDP has an off white rear bumper and most people just deal with it. My front was obviously repainted at some point and I'm having it redone sometime soon to make everything match better than it does now.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:20 PM
__M|M__

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
Yes I noticed you mentioned it but like you've said the front was obviously repainted as most WDP with off tone white issues is in the back bumper.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Boogsephine
Thanks, all! I forgot to mention the mods so here they are! Not a lot but subtle little things.

- 50% Pinnacle Window Tint (Windshield, side windows and 40% on the rear window)
- Independent Fog Lights using the Stock switch
- All interior LED's -- License plate lights & reverse lights included
- Rear door cover (lock cover) covering driver keyhole

ASPEC kit is definitely something I'll do sometime next year once the winter is over but I don't want to modify the suspension yet and I don't want the kit on without being dropped a little bit.

The iSimple kit will go in sometime in November as well.

I have the OEM locks on them but nothing aftermarket. Might look into something like that in the future though.

Absolutely! I fly out of Charlotte quite a bit and it's only about 2 hours away so some kind of meet can be organized I'm sure.

Anyone have any ideas on my cruise control?
Hey bro, when you say you used the stock switch to make your fogs independent, do you mean the switch on the turn signal lever?
Old 06-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteTLs
Hey bro, when you say you used the stock switch to make your fogs independent, do you mean the switch on the turn signal lever?
Yes. The fogs can be on or off without the headlights being turned on. They were like this when I purchased the car but everything was done properly with a relay and a new wiring harness. When I installed the ASPEC kit I noticed the fog lights had a separate plug than the OEM one and the stock harness was tucked into the bumper frame and wrapped up with heat shrink.
The following users liked this post:
SnowWhiteTLs (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Boogsephine
Yes. The fogs can be on or off without the headlights being turned on. They were like this when I purchased the car but everything was done properly with a relay and a new wiring harness. When I installed the ASPEC kit I noticed the fog lights had a separate plug than the OEM one and the stock harness was tucked into the bumper frame and wrapped up with heat shrink.
I like that...I'm planning on doing the same thing with mine.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Team Owner

Good shots!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Well, it has been a long time since I've posted on here. I've been busy busy busy but figured I'd drop back in and say hello! I'll give you all a run down on what I've done with the TL in the past few months.

As you can see in the previous few posts that the ASPEC kit didn't match my bumpers. I took the car in to the shop in the middle of September to have the front redone. I received the car back and the bumper and lip were the came color as the lip was before which didn't match the body of the car. In certain lights it looked fine but seemed more like a Grand Prix white than the pearl white of the body. I left it be for about 2 weeks while I was out of town for work but ended up taking the car back and had them redo it and told them to take their time as I have a 2nd vehicle to drive in the mean time.

Here are some pics from when it was painted the first time:

You can probably all tell the significant different in matching in the pictures above.

I picked up the car two days ago and this is the only picture I have so far but it's almost perfect with the matching. I'm much happier than I was before and I'll most likely be having the rear bumper done by the same place in the spring once it warms up again.

When I picked the car up I asked what they did differently and the 2nd time around they used the paint code from the body of the car whereas the first time was the paint code from the bumper given from Acura.

I have a few small things I'll be adding on here shortly so stay tuned!

Note: Photobucket is being a jerk to me this evening so I had to use Flickr. I'll have better pics up after the weekend when I get some time to take better ones.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I like turtles

Received 139 Likes on 99 Posts
That looks really good. I'm glad you were able to get everything to match. The problem with the paint was the reason why I removed my kit. The inconsistency with the colors drove me absolutely insane.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Team Owner

Looks good................................but where the HELL have you been??????
Old 12-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Looks good................................but where the HELL have you been??????
Busy busy! After not driving the TL for almost 3 months I just fell off the face of AZ!

Felt SO good to be back in it though and have that power and comfort. My Pilot is comfortable but nothing compared to the TL. Now that I'm back in business (other than having the rear bumper repainted sometime soon) I can't wait to install the next small but necessary mods.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Redsand353
That looks really good. I'm glad you were able to get everything to match. The problem with the paint was the reason why I removed my kit. The inconsistency with the colors drove me absolutely insane.
agree completely, especially on wdp...i will never buy the kit because 8/10 match horribly.

OP good job on the paint match (at least the 2nd time around)!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sockr1
agree completely, especially on wdp...i will never buy the kit because 8/10 match horribly.

OP good job on the paint match (at least the 2nd time around)!
Thanks! Part of me wishes I never installed the kit and just had my back bumper repainted from the get go but the aggressive look makes me happy.

The bumper is still a LITTLE off if you look at it under certain light but you really have to know what you're looking for. No one I've spoken to sees the difference but I'm picky so I can see it. Overall it matches better than it did before the kit.. so that means I have yet to see a WDP with matching bumpers. Haha! Looking at my records, I have only put 900 miles on it since July 23rd of this year. Whoa!

Here's a snap I took this afternoon after finishing my Christmas shopping (yay!).

Name:  12192014_zps01fd1a4f.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  73.1 KB
Old 12-20-2014, 04:33 PM
I like turtles

Received 139 Likes on 99 Posts
Car looks clean, I really do like the kit. Sometimes I wish I still had mine.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Looks good. Man I love me some WDP Type S.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Team Owner

It's hard to beat a clean WDP Type S or TL.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Instructor

It's sure as heck been a while since I've posted any updated pictures of the TL. Right now I can say not much has changed but I have quite a few things lying around that will all be installed within the next month.

Ordered some OEM window visors from Tim on here as well as some rubber gasket for the ASPEC lip. Tim was very professional and had my items shipped very very quickly!

Met up with a local member (Stephen) with a black '08 on AMG wheels (can't remember his handle) and he helped me install the visors on this past Sunday.

Name:  IMG_3293_zps6okvzahz.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  179.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3294_zpsz9vlsihv.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  160.2 KB

And now for the goodies! I met up with good 'ol CLtotheTL32 this evening to say hi and left with about 140lbs of material in my trunk and back seat.

Name:  IMG_3306_zpsf0xpo9wm.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  230.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3308_zpsdjn9sixn.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  234.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3309_zps3mtio0nv.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  246.1 KB

Before anyone says anything about it, I know.. it's a monster truck with those wheels and tire setup. This was just a test fitting without spacers to see how they rode with the current tires he had on them. I'll be very surprised if the wheels are on my car by October as they all need new tires and I still have 95% left on my waffles. I literally drove my car less than 4,000 miles within the past 13 months so of course they'd have a lot left.

Tyler is a local to me and wanted the wheels to go to a good home and knew I'd take care of them like a child. Thanks again Tyler and it was fun hanging out for those few hours. Hope you can come out Friday! Oh yea, his S2K is mint! For being a 10 year old car that thing is in-freaking-credibly clean!

He'll probably kill me for this but I felt like I had a tear in my eye when I pulled up and saw this...

Name:  IMG_3312_zpsrmhx6qii.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  214.4 KB

Anyways, I have some Koni Yellow struts and Tein H Tech springs to install as well as a set of 15mm spacers for the front and 20 for the rear which should all be done by the 1st week of August. If I decide to get new tires for the ASPEC wheels before October then my TL project will be complete and I'll introduce my next project.. or should I rename the title to "Progress Thread"?
Old 07-16-2015, 06:43 AM
Pro

Glad to see the wheels go to a good home. Looking good

Look forward to seeing the Koni's and H-Techs go on.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Team Owner

Great shots......
Old 07-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Met up With Tyler, Shannon, Stephen and Derek last night. Derek's Accord not pictured but I believe it's a 2004 6 speed with OEM lip kit and 19's.
Attached Thumbnails New Member -- '08 WDP TL-S-image.jpg  
Old 07-18-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 9,493 Likes on 6,165 Posts
Thanks for taking the A-Specs off of my hands, Adam! I'm glad they're going to a good home

The S2k is a blast isn't it?! Drop by for a test drive anytime
Old 07-18-2015, 11:13 PM
Team Owner

We'll need pictures, Adam.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Instructor

I have a collection of ASPEC wheels going on in the garage now! Sadly, both sets will be gone at the end of the month.

The only upgrade coming are the suspension install and an early timing belt job. The TL might be up for grabs come the new year.

Will post pics after the suspension install!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Team Owner

......I'll wait here for pics.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Well, I ended up selling Tyler's ASPEC wheels to one of his friends that came down for his wedding. I didn't feel like just keeping the wheels in the garage was worth it knowing I may not keep the car and that someone else could benefit by having them.

I did install the spacers a few weeks back and I think they make a world of a difference. I came across a MT ASPEC suspension that I only had to pay shipping for so I'm going to be using those top hats on my Koni Yellow / Tein H Tech and throwing the springs on a friends TL. So lets hope the suspension will be on sometime within the next month or so.

On a side note, I had my transmission fluid replaced with GM Syncromesh (not friction modified) and it was smooth for about a week. 2nd week it started shifting rough again. I went on Amazon and purchased some of the friction modified syncromesh and it's shifting like butter again. Hard to believe just the small additive of the friction modified would make THAT much of a difference.

Here's how the car sits with the 15mm in front and 20mm in rear.

Name:  thumb_IMG_3844_1024_zpsnfm2smvz.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  127.2 KB

Name:  thumb_IMG_3855_1024_zpst92s5yem.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  142.4 KB
Old 11-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Team Owner

Good call on the spacers-I still love mine.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:43 PM
TL-S

Received 412 Likes on 365 Posts
the GM friction modified stuff is definitely what you want. You're just going to continue to love it, trust me.

I've put it in 4 different TL's (two of my own) and it always fixed any issues I had with them. Even if there was no issue, it always shifted better with the GMSFM.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Instructor

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures up but I couldn't pass up the beautiful 82° today and gave the car a wash! I finally had the suspension installed and it was a disaster. I'm still swapping my rear out with an identical set to get rid of this rattle that is happening but the car still drives smooth and looks amazing! Hopefully I'll have some extra time this evening to pull out the DSLR and take some higher quality photos.

Since my last update I installed a Comptech Short Shifter as well as the Tein H Tech with Koni Yellow setup.

Name:  IMG_4370_zps04c1n8dq.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  315.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4372_zpsyzbhihhi.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  280.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4374_zpst50ldduv.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  266.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4172_zpsb95f7rdx.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  142.4 KB

Don't mind all of the excess Gorilla Glue coming out from the short shifter, haha! The lock tite (or similar brand) that was included with the SS didn't bond enough and the two setting screws didn't have enough to sure the shifter in place. We loaded it up with Gorilla Glue and it is like a rock!

Name:  IMG_4331_zpsrmvni8qe.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  241.5 KB

Lastly, the identical suspension that is on my car that I'm swapping it with. The setup that is on my car now will be taken apart and the springs will be replaced with ASPEC springs. As of right now, there is a full set of ASPEC 6MT suspension that is being taken apart with a friend when we have a little extra time and eventually the Koni + ASPEC will be installed on his car.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:06 PM

Received 9,493 Likes on 6,165 Posts
Stunning as always, Adam! I'm sorry to hear about your suspension issues.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Stunning as always, Adam! I'm sorry to hear about your suspension issues.
It's a car so you know problems are going to come about! I find it so odd how the exact same setup doesn't rattle but mine did. If it still rattles when I put this 2nd set on, I'm all out of ideas! Lets just hope for the best.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:44 AM
Team Owner

^^^ Best of luck....great pics too.