My WDP's ongoing progress!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
My WDP's ongoing progress!

Although most of my progress will be nothing major I thought I'd start a thread to keep track of it.

I bought the car late August 2010 @ 75,500 miles. I drive a lot of highway miles so now mid October she's taken me about 4,000 trouble free miles. I've really grown to love the car, just lately I finally got comfortable in the driver's seat...you know how that goes, takes a while to find that sweet spot. lol

So here she sits @ 79,400 miles and a consistant 31 mpg average each tank.

Sure driving slow and shifting early gets boring but I love the mpg too much to do otherwise.

I went over the entire car with clay 2 weekends ago and used a Meguiars polishing pad and my 7424XP with Meguiars polish. Basic paint correction is done, as soon as I get my backing plate I plan to buff on a nice coat of wax.

Exterior work so far consists of new center caps, new passenger rear door handle cap, partial debadge, exhaust tip polish, tint and 07/08 mud guards. Aside from that stuff I changed my cabin filter, gave her an oil change, added 5K LED license plate bulbs and Silverstar fog light bulbs. I also replaced most of the interior switch lighting, burnt out bulbs piss me off. lol

I found white paint on the underside of my hood underneith 79K worth of nasty build up.....

Just a boring stock motor, K&N panel filter and the dealership I bought it from installed a new OEM P/S pump/lines. I will not be playing around under here, no plans performance wise.

I will soon remove the front plate and stick on the black ACURA inlays, I think black will tie into the lower grills nicely. I just need to pick up the screw hole caps.

I have also restored my headlights using 1000, 1500, 3000 grit sandpaper followed by a high speed polish and hand buff with plastic polish.

I will probably stay with the stock headlights although I wouldn't mind an 07/08 front end. Time will tell.

TRUNK SHOT lol

In here we carry drying towels, microfiber towels, bag of all kinds of cleaning supplies, umbrella, code reader, 7424 buff pads, fuses and a partridge in a pear tree. lol

The interior's pretty good for the age/mileage. Acura's interior guy is going to fill in the faint creases in my driver's seat, dye and clear over them very soon here. I would also like to replace the floorish garnish next to the sidesill, the PO scratched it up pretty good with his feet. I would also like to replace the metal trim on the passenger side of the console, PO wore rings and took a section of the metal off. I condition about twice a week and did a full scrub down with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. This is what we end up with:

Yes, the dealer plastic is still on the floor. I have this obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to keeping things clean, nuff' said. lol

Money shot, thanks again Dave for ridding me of that stupid OK screen and adding those features!

It really doesn't look like anyone really sat in the passenger seat, barely even any faint creases at all.

The sun pwned this one...

And a look into the back, notice the dual gangster lean. Haha, it's comfortable, what can ya do. I'm one of those front seats at the exact same position kind of people btw.

That's just the sum of my story so far and now I have a place to keep track of things I do.

My plans are somewhat mild......first off will be the interior work mentioned above, I need to get PA inspected soon at which time I'll have the GM juice put in for good measure (3rd is fine atm)

After that in no particular order I'd like to get 07/08 base tail lights, front aspec lip and replace all the shocks with either KYB or Koni and pair them with a mild set of springs like Tein sp?.

Thanks for reading, comments/questions/etc. welcome.

Last edited by ohsixMTee; 10-15-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:17 PM
2016 Acura TLX

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts
remove the pinstripes , otherwise it looks good
Old 10-15-2011, 04:25 PM
University of Tennessee

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by honda_nut
^^ This and the dealer tag on the front. Just remove the front plate holder all together. Nice clean ride otherwise.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
i agree pinstripes must go...looks like its in really great shape
Old 10-15-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Damn that's a clean WDP.

07/08 Base tails would look great! Do it!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:14 PM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
very nice, clean.. reminds me of when I first picked mines up
Old 10-15-2011, 08:37 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
I would keep the pinstripe but remove all the dealer tags and debadge it

any plans for future mods ?

BTW great pick....and MT FTW !!!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Nice and clean TL. So how did you get rid of the OK screen on the navi? 6mt FTW!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
pinstripe is so 90s
Old 10-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by honda_nut
I've never been too fond of pinstripe but I sort of like how the color of it blends with the tan interior, there's an Acura emblem in the pin stripe as well that's pretty neat. Chances are the dealer that sold me the car had it put on prior to.

We'll see, I like it right now but that's subject to change. lol

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bladehopper82
^^ This and the dealer tag on the front. Just remove the front plate holder all together. Nice clean ride otherwise.
I was leaving the plate on because it's hiding a small crease in the bumper but I plan to remove it very soon as soon as I get the screw hole caps, I have an ACURA inlay waiting to go on.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
i agree pinstripes must go...looks like its in really great shape
I'm still on edge about them, I like how they blend with the interior but I've never been a fan. I've always removed them on prior cars....we'll see.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Damn that's a clean WDP.

07/08 Base tails would look great! Do it!
Thanks a lot! I do want the tails, finances just need to settle down a bit.

Originally Posted by omnuts
very nice, clean.. reminds me of when I first picked mines up
Thanks! Do you have a progress/picture thread?

Originally Posted by swoosh
I would keep the pinstripe but remove all the dealer tags and debadge it

any plans for future mods ?

BTW great pick....and MT FTW !!!
Thanks man, future plans are in the OP.

Originally Posted by AcuraCake
Nice and clean TL. So how did you get rid of the OK screen on the navi? 6mt FTW!
A local did it for me, loaded some files off a dvd disc and then put my nav disc back in. You can have a picture of your choice come on while it's booting up as well. It also gives you a real time trip computer that resets automatically when you get gas and on screen manual climate controls.

I am liking the MT, I'll probably end up with a custom vanity plate, something along the lines of WDP 6MT or OH6MTEE. lol
Old 10-15-2011, 10:24 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Wow, that's damn clean!

I didn't know you could get rid of the nav okay screen...was it a pain to do?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
Car looks good...what are your future plans??
Old 10-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Looking clean!!!

Seems to be rare to see such a clean car WITH clean exhaust tips.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:33 AM
B A N N E D

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
It's great when the car is a virgin, you can really notice and enjoy every upgrade and mod you do!! It's a beautifull TL, have fun Bro, it's therapy!!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Wow, it looks beautiful-it's amazing what a good claybarring and detail will do!

I like the arrangement in the trunk too (with your netting).
Old 10-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by ebelp
Wow, that's damn clean!

I didn't know you could get rid of the nav okay screen...was it a pain to do?
Thanks! It actually only took about a minute to load the new files into the nav, you just have to be good with computers which I am not hence asking an experienced local for help. lol

Originally Posted by BigPZ
Car looks good...what are your future plans??
Thanks! Pretty simple 07/08 base tails, aspec front lip, KYB or Konis F/R with a mild lowering spring set. I may have some exhaust work done at a local shop as well, don't want it real loud but wouldn't mind a bit of a rumble.

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Looking clean!!!

Seems to be rare to see such a clean car WITH clean exhaust tips.
Thanks, they surely were caked with nastiness when I got the car. lol

Originally Posted by Ricky Pounds
It's great when the car is a virgin, you can really notice and enjoy every upgrade and mod you do!! It's a beautifull TL, have fun Bro, it's therapy!!
Yeah, she's a virgin pretty much. lol

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow, it looks beautiful-it's amazing what a good claybarring and detail will do!

I like the arrangement in the trunk too (with your netting).
Thank you! The passenger side cargo net was my first AZ transaction. lol I just like keeping my detailing supplies and towels with me so that if I wanna bust out a cleaning session in a random parking lot nothing will stop me.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:43 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Originally Posted by ohsixMTee
Thanks! Pretty simple 07/08 base tails, aspec front lip, KYB or Konis F/R with a mild lowering spring set. I may have some exhaust work done at a local shop as well, don't want it real loud but wouldn't mind a bit of a rumble.
I have the Neuspeed Supercup Kit on my TL (Koni Yellows + Neuspeed Sport springs). If you height/dampening adjustability without paying $800+ for coilovers, they are a great option.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
very clean WDP. I just got my 04 WDP 6spd few weeks ago. love it. 31mpg is pretty solid. I was able to get 33mpg on PA turnpike this weekend. Yours interior looks really clean. mine isn't as nice.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by ebelp
I have the Neuspeed Supercup Kit on my TL (Koni Yellows + Neuspeed Sport springs). If you height/dampening adjustability without paying $800+ for coilovers, they are a great option.
That's cool, I had Koni adjustables on my previous car and even at full soft they were pretty firm. I'd like to keep the ride more toward the cushion/comfortable side so I may end up leaning toward KYB or similar. We'll see.

Originally Posted by blkmz3
very clean WDP. I just got my 04 WDP 6spd few weeks ago. love it. 31mpg is pretty solid. I was able to get 33mpg on PA turnpike this weekend. Yours interior looks really clean. mine isn't as nice.
Nice, congrats on your new car. Leather is always going to wear, the best you can do is have creases/cracks repaired while they're minimal and condition regularly. Have you looked into leather repair? Acura's interior guy supposedly does fantastic work. Jones Acura uses Fabrion.net. I'll put up some before/after shots of my driver's seat once I have the refreshment done.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
oh god...aaron made a progress thread.

that's it...you're done...time to make a separate bank account for acurazine.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:41 AM

Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Early Shifter

LOL Now I have to blow money on the car for the sake of updating the thread!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:45 AM
BANNED

^correct.

just pick one thing to do each month. that'll keep us entertained.

just don't show up with a new air freshener and expect us to

Old 10-17-2011, 09:47 AM

^^^ yup....just a "bump" wont cut it....

you gotta do something like:

oohhh aspec kit
yesss coilovers
dang rims

you get the idea LOL...
Old 10-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
^correct.

just pick one thing to do each month. that'll keep us entertained.

just don't show up with a new air freshener and expect us to

Haha. 10/4.

^^^ yup....just a "bump" wont cut it....

you gotta do something like:

oohhh aspec kit
yesss coilovers
dang rims

you get the idea LOL...
Progress will be somewhat boring here for a while, there's just a few restorations I'd like to make before I start playing.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Early Shifter

Well, the front plate is gone. I am not that happy with the bumper's condition under the plate which will more than likely result in the bumper being refinished at some point.

For now though it's better than what it was before I suppose...

I was quoted $400 to repair/repaint the bumper, thoughts on that price?

That vinyl inlay didn't really fit too well either.

Maybe I'm just too picky. lol
Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM

^^^ looks good to me....

about the bumper, $400 does sound a lot....recently a friend of mine took his rear bumper to a guy who does touch up paint at the Toyota dealership, he fixed and repainted the full rear bumper and lip for $200....

try getting some hookup like that....will help you save some $$$

Also do it when you have the Aspec front lip so you can have the "gray" part of the painted as well....WDP/SSM/ASM/NBP owners usually turn the gray part to black :thumsbup:
Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Early Shifter

^^^ looks good to me....

about the bumper, $400 does sound a lot....recently a friend of mine took his rear bumper to a guy who does touch up paint at the Toyota dealership, he fixed and repainted the full rear bumper and lip for $200....

try getting some hookup like that....will help you save some $$$

Also do it when you have the Aspec front lip so you can have the "gray" part of the painted as well....WDP/SSM/ASM/NBP owners usually turn the gray part to black :thumsbup:
Thanks man, I'll surely ask around.

The Aspec front lip is probably going to come sooner rather than later....I can't stop wanting one here lately every time I see my car.

Possibly within a month, I try to limit play money to one decent item a pay period and next Friday I am getting PA inspected and the GM juice. Soon though for sure, I really want the lip. I'm actually pretty happy with my sideskirts and rear bumper as they are.....at least for now, might change once the lip is on.

I just want to be careful because women can make life hell and I do not want to piss the wife off. After all, buying this car was supposed to put an end to my modification shenanigans.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts
Looks good!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
WDP + 6 spd FTW!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:29 AM
BANNED

I just want to be careful because women can make life hell and I do not want to piss the wife off. After all, buying this car was supposed to put an end to my modification shenanigans.
we def need to get together for a beer sometime bc we have way too much in common.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 AM

Thanks man, I'll surely ask around.

The Aspec front lip is probably going to come sooner rather than later....I can't stop wanting one here lately every time I see my car.

Possibly within a month, I try to limit play money to one decent item a pay period and next Friday I am getting PA inspected and the GM juice. Soon though for sure, I really want the lip. I'm actually pretty happy with my sideskirts and rear bumper as they are.....at least for now, might change once the lip is on.

LOL....yup some girls can be like that....I like to think i got lucky with mine LOL

about the lip....I agree the front is the most important (look wise)....I had the front only for 2 years and then added the type S rear....and after owning the car for 5 years I have front and rear and no side skirts....I got some plans but we will see
Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by Kayak_man
Looks good!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by huystAr
WDP + 6 spd FTW!

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
we def need to get together for a beer sometime bc we have way too much in common.
Haha, that'd be cool. I enjoy hangin' out with friends away from the females to let's say.....rant. lol

LOL....yup some girls can be like that....I like to think i got lucky with mine LOL

about the lip....I agree the front is the most important (look wise)....I had the front only for 2 years and then added the type S rear....and after owning the car for 5 years I have front and rear and no side skirts....I got some plans but we will see
That's cool, best of luck on your relationship adventures. lol

Do you have a picture of your setup for reference? I like to see many examples of different things possible.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:38 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I plan on getting the whole Aspec kit from Ack. He has it for $760 shipped painted. I'll post pictures probably after winter.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:05 AM
MATT

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
clean 6 spd...look forward to seeing what you have planned for it
Old 10-21-2011, 09:02 AM

Bro....Steven Bell and myself might do a photoshoot tonight....will post some pix for reference after that

EDIT: Was too lazy to quote the OP LOL....
Old 10-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by blkmz3
I plan on getting the whole Aspec kit from Ack. He has it for $760 shipped painted. I'll post pictures probably after winter.
That's cool, the whole kit is sharp I just think I'll prefer stock sides and rear. Put up a thread when you get yours on!

Originally Posted by 06cmv6
clean 6 spd...look forward to seeing what you have planned for it
Thanks!

Bro....Steven Bell and myself might do a photoshoot tonight....will post some pix for reference after that

EDIT: Was too lazy to quote the OP LOL....
Haha, cool. I'll look for the possible thread after work tonight.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:02 AM

^^^ will post the link up here
Old 10-21-2011, 10:05 AM
BANNED

Haha, that'd be cool. I enjoy hangin' out with friends away from the females to let's say.....rant. lol
yes..."rant".

hey i'm heading up to dave's on sunday if you want that trunk tray. just a heads up.

i'll even install it fo' free!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:10 AM

There should be a like button on Azine....

Sharky you fawkin funny

Quick Reply: My WDP's ongoing progress!