My 3G TL...new addict...follow the progress

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:27 AM
deno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 3G TL...new addict...follow the progress

Relative newcomer to the forum, but can't stay away now My low mileage, near mint condition 2004 AT TL was a opportiunistic buy when a buddy gave me a great deal since he had taken a job in Singapore..initally I had no plans to do anything to the car, but after driving it, I was addicted to my TL...and so the modification jpourney began, will a little encouragement from my buddy Moses...I've posted the intial pictures of the car as I first bought it...I've since done several mods, including Eibach Pro kit springs, Koni Adjustable front and rear shocks, Comptech rear sway bars, Blue LED interior lights, custom shift knobs, Injen CAI, tinted windows and blue backup lights. Did all the mods myself (Moses helped on the CAI installation) except the suspension...and love the car!

Found about the Ron jon kit via this forum and just got my Ron Jon kit today. Ron, you're awesome...you undertand your customers and can relate/identify with them..and based on this forum feedback, you have quality products.

So check out the initial picture and I will post current pictures shortly....then I will follow it up later with the RJ kit installed. My strategy is to do the wheels last so I can get most off the use from the rubber and save up for wheel..besides, I have not decided what wheels i like best...yet..so check out the initial stock pics and watch my addiction evolve
Old 11-12-2005, 04:14 AM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
thats excellent, now where are the pics?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by XjoEnX
thats excellent, now where are the pics?

^^ ^^
Old 11-12-2005, 05:53 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL, after all that typing, no pics
Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 PM
deno

Let's see if this works...
Old 11-12-2005, 09:36 PM
deno

Unhappy

Guys, I am trying to post the pictures..seems like the link to my ISP site for the picture doesn't work...sorry about the setup and then no pics...will update thread as soon as I get it working
Old 11-12-2005, 10:17 PM
deno

Before pic:

Will post current pics shortly
Old 11-12-2005, 10:19 PM
deno

Initial picture
Old 11-12-2005, 10:22 PM
deno

Question

Inital pic Original
Old 11-12-2005, 10:24 PM
deno

Initial stock picture of my 2004TLHere
Old 11-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds good!

Maybe try www.photobucket.com in the meantime.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:37 PM
deno

Thanks for the suggestion..here is the stock picture..will post latest pics tomorrow [IMG][URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/aladean/initial1.jpg][/IMG]
Old 11-12-2005, 11:41 PM
deno

Here is the intial stock picture

Old 11-13-2005, 01:19 AM
アキュラ 力

^ Yeh that worked, so how about those pics with the mods
Old 11-13-2005, 11:06 PM
deno

OK, here we go...latest picture...I know, I need some wheels now

Before picture (so you don't have to scroll up).
Old 11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
He's setting you guys up, kinda how lokius did his thread. So here it is with some mods which can't be seen too much, except for the drop. next will prolly be the kit installed, and then wheels and other mods as his addiction grows. then rehab, which he will drop out of and return even stronger. He might even OD, and then we will noi longer hear from him again. but his spirit will live in on his thread. Right?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:09 AM
deno

Right on Ron

I need to find a reputable place to get the RJ kit put on (anyone know a place close to Sacramento, Ca?) ..now that I have physically seen it, I think I will have it professionally installed...it may take me a couple weeks as I research some reputable bodyshops who do custom work...

I must say, so many plans, so little $$
Old 11-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Instructor

on the konis what are your spring perches set on?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Instructor

how much did u get the koni yellows for?...because im thinking about gettin them after winter. and would u please give us more info about them as in...how they ride? thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 12:11 AM
deno

On the Koni's I don't know what the spring perches set on..I had them (with the Eibachs) installed..I can call the place and find out if you'd like.

I got both the Eibachs and the Koni (front rear adjustables) on ebay from SoHiPerformance (ebaysales@sohiperformance.com)...they were pretty friendly and dependable. The springs were ~$250 for the set and the Koni's set me back ~$290 each for front and rears..

Guys, I am very happy with this combination. and it is worth every penny to me Since I got both done at the same time, it is hard to really describe the specific changes due to each separately, but the combination is awesome..the Koni's are set halfway on firmness (got to keep the wife happy too) and the ride is pretty firm, but not jarring. The car turns on a dime with almost no body roll..and has a pretty heavy feel..like you are drving a heavier, wider car..that is the kind of stability I feel..and I love it..now squat if I need to move in a hurry and the converse it true if I need to stop...I could go stiffer on the shocks, but know it won't fly with my wife, Dina.

I have noticed that Comptech now offers these on thier sites..so I think I may have hit the right formula. I used to own an 87 Daytona Shelby Z eons ago (did I just date myself?) and had Konis on them and loved them...that's why I got them when I saw them on ebay..Does this help answer your question?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:31 AM
deno

Update/Latest Mod

Originally Posted by popeyedeno
Relative newcomer to the forum, but can't stay away now My low mileage, near mint condition 2004 AT TL was a opportiunistic buy when a buddy gave me a great deal since he had taken a job in Singapore..initally I had no plans to do anything to the car, but after driving it, I was addicted to my TL...and so the modification jpourney began, will a little encouragement from my buddy Moses...I've posted the intial pictures of the car as I first bought it...I've since done several mods, including Eibach Pro kit springs, Koni Adjustable front and rear shocks, Comptech rear sway bars, Blue LED interior lights, custom shift knobs, Injen CAI, tinted windows and blue backup lights. Did all the mods myself (Moses helped on the CAI installation) except the suspension...and love the car!

Found about the Ron jon kit via this forum and just got my Ron Jon kit today. Ron, you're awesome...you undertand your customers and can relate/identify with them..and based on this forum feedback, you have quality products.

So check out the initial picture and I will post current pictures shortly....then I will follow it up later with the RJ kit installed. My strategy is to do the wheels last so I can get most off the use from the rubber and save up for wheel..besides, I have not decided what wheels i like best...yet..so check out the initial stock pics and watch my addiction evolve
OK guys, quick update and pictures of latest license plate LED mod

One of my wife's co-worker's Dad owns a bodyshop and the co-worker, is a car enthusiast, who seems to be pretty knowledgable about custom/professional kit installations. He came over yesterday and took a look at the Ron Jon kit so he could give me a quote for painting and installing it...he was impressed with the quality of the kit (Kudos Ron) and will get back to me on the price...so this may turnout to be a christmas present to moa Stay tuned..this is realistically trending towards a mid-late december completion.

My latest mod was license plate LED light..I opted for a bluish tint LED vs. Blue LEDs, as I wasn't sure if it was legal in CA..here are some pics.

License Plate mode (Bluish tint LED) with prior Mod (Plasma Blue backup lights..may replace with Blue LED lights..opinions??)

Licence plate mod by itself
Old 11-22-2005, 03:45 PM
deno

latest mod

guys, quick update on Ron Jon Kit and my latest mod

Ron Jon Kit: Turns out one of my wife's co-worker and his Dad own a body shop and he has experience in custom kits. He came and took a look...he was impressed by the RJ kit (Kudos Ron). So I am waiting for a qote...this one is trending more toward mid-late december completion..a nice Christmas present to self

Latest mod is a bluish tint LED..went wit hthis vs Blue LED to play it safe..not sure if it is legal in CA...turns out I actually like it a lot..jsut enough to get noticed, but not distract from the car. here is a pic

Here is another look, with existing plasma blue lights for back up..anyone know how this look varies form Blue LED for back up lights?

Old 11-23-2005, 05:54 PM
deno

Latest Mod-Bluish License Plate Light

Ok Guys..quick Ron Jon kit update and my latest mod

One of my wife's co-worker's dad owns an auto body shop and he's done a few kits..came over and looked at the kit..he liked the quality (Kudo's Ron) and I am waiting for a quote..this may end up being a mid-late December project..so Merry Christmas for me

On the mod front, I swtiched to bluish tint LEDs for my licence plate light..wasn't sure if Blue LEDs were legal in Ca, so opted for less attention. As it turns out, I really like them. Check out the pics.

Here is a picture with the license plate and Plasma Blue reverse lights

Old 11-28-2005, 12:34 AM
deno

Some recent pics...

Here are a couple of my latest pics...

I got this black walnut carbon fiber matched shift knob from ebay a while ago..

Here is a photoshop enhanced version
Old 12-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The drop looks so nice, can you please find out where the perches are set? and awesome color! reminds me of my car
Old 12-13-2005, 06:05 PM
4th Gear

could someone post a pic of a tl tach redlined, and the speedo at like 140?
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by dome1422
could someone post a pic of a tl tach redlined, and the speedo at like 140?
Wow, that was a random request given the topic of this thread
Old 12-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Yes, the drop looks good from here, with some nice wheels, you will be ridin lovely.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
The drop looks so nice, can you please find out where the perches are set? and awesome color! reminds me of my car
You really should only use the middle perch with lowering springs. The struts were intended to be used with stock springs on lower perch. No real harm just that you have more of a chance of blowing the shock. I am not arguing because I have had them on my car when i had my tsx and had on lowest perch also. But then later raised them to middle after talking to a representative from koni and my left front was starting to leak some fluid.

From the pick it looks like middle. Which is stock strut perch height.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 PM
lilvinnyb

PRogress Pics

PRogress pics should show the RJ kit before installation...plus I want to see it before ordering :-)
Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Oh my god I want that shift knob!!!!!!

hey pops can you link me to the seller?

I wonder if that will fit 6MT
Old 12-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by trancemission
Oh my god I want that shift knob!!!!!!

hey pops can you link me to the seller?

I wonder if that will fit 6MT
It "should" fit the 6MT. I think it would make the shifter look too tall though.

By the way, popeyedeno: great looking drop.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
It "should" fit the 6MT. I think it would make the shifter look too tall though.

hmmm, yeah I never thought of that. it does look hot though.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:43 PM
deno

Finally put the RJ kit on!

Guys,
Been a while since I posted. I actually got the RJ Kit in late November but got really busy with work and homelife and got the kit installed early January. I know I need to learn how to take better pictures, because the car looks so much better in person than in the pictures. I also know I need wheels..but not to worry, the 1 piece Devotions (19") are sitting in the garage, waiting on rubber (and I am waiting on refilling my money bag after the RJ kit and the wheels, so I can buy the tires). I took the rims and put them in front of the car to get a glimpse of how it would look...and I am really motivated to get the tires soon

I absolutley love the way my car looks and can't wait to put on the wheels. It turns heads, even with stock wheels. I also put a lip spoiler and debaged it.

Ron, thanks for the follow through and excellent service...

Here are some pics..but I will take some better shots and post..I just feel that the pictures don't really do the car justice, but I am not much of a photgrapher..maybe Jerky can help

A couple pics of the kits by themselves, as requested.

Here are some pics.

Sorry guys; once I edited to black out license plate, I couldn't get the images to post any smaller..

Old 01-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looking good.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:31 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I REALLY like the fact that you painted the lower portion a different color! That is how it SHOULD look imo. Try standing back a bit farther so you get more in your pictures. Look at some of the pics on rons site and try to replicate those angles.

Looks good! Get some rubber on those rims so i can drool more!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:06 AM
deno

Thanks...good idea on replicating the angles on Ron's site.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Look good yo
I'd never noticed the lower horizontal slat before. Nice job highlighting it.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow the paint match looks perfect from the pics. im not feeling the white stickers on the windows. look like you just need some rims and your set!

do you have any rims in mind? what type of finish?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
man i must be a car noob... why can't i notice the drop >.<

Quick Reply: My 3G TL...new addict...follow the progress