MrKingston's Fully Bolted/Tuned/AccuAir Bagged '08 CBP TL-S Progress Thread 12/29/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts
Cool Small Valentine's Update

Happy Valentine's Day to my love Tamara aka TLicious! LOL Her V-Day gifts came right on time! 5K VLeds V3 Triton Switchbacks & 5K Morimoto Foglight HID Bulbs to replace my 8K (Also matches what I have in my Low Beam):

It's almost time for a milestone and her oil change also...

Will report back with installs. A-Spec & Wheel Spacers on the way!!! Next Mod on the list were supposed to be TEIN SA Coilovers but I'm leaning towards Air Suspension/Bags!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Old 02-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,600 Posts
So far so good
Picture time
Old 02-15-2014, 01:34 AM
Wow Amaze Such TL-S

Received 129 Likes on 112 Posts
coming along very nicely!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Great progress so far! Keep it up!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Racer

Cool Update 2/19/14: VLeds Installed

Some night shots (Day shots & better night shots will follow later when I get a chance).

Peek a boo, I see you...

Switchbacks & DRLs

Switchbacks, Headlights & Fogs

Left Indicator

Right Indicator

Hazard Lights
Old 03-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Racer

Exclamation Teaser Alert!!!

Hey AZiners! It's been a while since my last update but I promise you those who were following my progress, I will make it worth your while. I've been pretty busy and I can't wait to share what progress I made. I still have to gather all my photos and clean her up but here's a teaser…

And if you want more teasers you can follow me on Instagram in my signature below…

Old 03-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Team Owner

I like it-lookin' good!
The following users liked this post:
mrkingstonvi (03-19-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 127 Posts
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Racer

Arrow Project A-Spec ---> Complete! Akata Spacers Installed! (Warning Lots & Lots of Pics)

Well, it's been a while since my last update for my TL-S and I must say I was really busy over the past few weeks. Between my 2 jobs & being a traveling DJ between the islands, I must say I'm just slightly exhausted but I can't stop now. I had a few projects lined up for my ride and it's coming along very nicely I must say. Well enough of all the blotter, time for pics.

Last few pics before A-Spec install:

Pics of the newly painted front bumper/side skirts (Also deleted the front grill bar):

Nice & smooth…

Grille mesh…

All parts laid out as me & my friend (Who also did the painting) prepped for install…

Out with the old Aftermarket Base Bumper

My friend's Canon…

Getting ready to install front bumper. Please excuse the messy VLed DRL & V3 Triton Switchbacks wiring (I changed the route where they originally ran) But I made it neat, tucked away & tie strapped later…

Here is when installing the mesh and making clearance for the hood latch…

Cleaned up the wiring and test fitted the radiator cover to make additional clearance. I must say it was done very nicely, flush, and looks aftermarket with factory fitment…

The front install involved a lot more especially with the custom front grille. The rest of the install was quite easy and straightforward so I didn't really take any pics. Use of the heat gun made sticking the adhesive to the front & rear bumpers are also a great help.

And the finale (Side skirts & Rear lip installed)…

This weekend I plan to fully detail so for now I just washed off all the dust/dirt. I also did a quick photo shoot on my way to my 2nd job the following day… :too cool:

I just want to take this time to thank all the members that contribute their time, effort, knowledge, ideas, talents and so much more on AcuraZine. Also I want to thank the vendors that offer superb products & services for our vehicles. Thanks to AckTL05 for the great price on the A-Spec Lip Kit/Front Bumper & Custom CDM Tail lights (More works from him coming soon ). This is truly a great forum for old/new owners of Acura's 3G TL/TL-S! Let's continue to share thoughts, ideas, advice & especially love. To all the Noobs, please take time to read the forums because a lot of the answers you're looking for are already here on this great forum. Last but not least, the Mods who keep this site respectable, organized, functional & fun!

Lastly, I'm currently working on another project for my ride, but I'll just keep this one on the low until I'm done! Thanks for checking out my Progress Thread.
yoks032rs (04-22-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Holla At Ya Boy

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts
I like the look. Very nice and classy Mods. An Acura badge would look right at home in the middle of your mesh grill.
mrkingstonvi (03-20-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EarlThePearl
I like the look. Very nice and classy Mods. An Acura badge would look right at home in the middle of your mesh grill.
I forgot to mention I do still have mine but I just haven't put it back on as yet. I wanted to rock that look for a while. Maybe by weekend I might put it back on

Last edited by mrkingstonvi; 03-19-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Car looks great. did the aspec kit come with the badge or did you pay a small fortune for it?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CBP08TL
Car looks great. did the aspec kit come with the badge or did you pay a small fortune for it?
Didn't pay too much of a fortune. I got a really good deal on it!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
3 2 GONE

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts
What's it like having a tls in the islands, lots of attention?
Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ATLS_666
What's it like having a tls in the islands, lots of attention?
Pretty much but here in the VI they looooooovvvvveeee Hondas/Acuras. To be honest there are like a million civics (hatchbacks, SIs, Accords) & Acura RSXs, TSXs, TLs. Mine get alot of attention because its the only Type S in CBP. There are several Type S: 3 WDP, 2 NBP, 1 KBP, 1 CBP, 2 ASM. All the ohers are Base models ranging between 04-06 models.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM
3 2 GONE

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts
I had slight tunnel vision when I asked that question. The TL/S is a rare sight on the mainland so I was just picturing that rareness x10 since it's on an island with a smaller population and thinking how much your car must stand out given not only is it a TL but a Type S.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats,
Old 03-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Team Owner

Wow....hell of a write-up!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:28 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your car is nice! Mine is the same color but looks nowhere near as slick as yours
Old 03-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ATLS_666
I had slight tunnel vision when I asked that question. The TL/S is a rare sight on the mainland so I was just picturing that rareness x10 since it's on an island with a smaller population and thinking how much your car must stand out given not only is it a TL but a Type S.
Oh ok I see what your saying. The TL & TSX became quite popular over the last few years around here but there weren't any Type S. For about 2 years there was only 1 ASM Type S. Afterwards a few more came on the island like I stated earlier. The other TLs that come are just base models & usually older years, like between 04-06. I have only seen roughly 3-4 07-08 Base Models. But just about everyday I spot a TL so there are in abundance.

Originally Posted by trance957
Congrats,
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow....hell of a write-up!
I know. I been wanting to post up on every step I made like my earlier progressions, but I figured I would wait until I was finished to write a nice long post. Now I can take a break. lol

Originally Posted by WillTC
Your car is nice! Mine is the same color but looks nowhere near as slick as yours
Thanks. You can get there too, just take your time, read up alot, save your money, and you too will have a sick ass ride! BTW your ride is clean!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Team Owner

I commend you for putting it all in one post, not 4.
mrkingstonvi (03-21-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Racer

Small Update / Random shots (56K Warning)

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I commend you for putting it all in one post, not 4.
No problem.

Hey guys it's been a while. I just thought I'd bump this thread and throw in some random shots. I also installed rear brake covers, painted the front brake calipers and the brake motive d/s rotor hubs. I do have a major update on the way so I will update again soon. On to the pics:

Before painted calipers…

Was at my friend's house one Sunday evening and took some pics with his 2010 Toyota Corolla…

Shaved rotors a little, painted entire rotors then later shaved where the pads would make contact, painted brake covers, front calipers, installed, then took quick pics…

Old 04-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 64 Posts
great work
mrkingstonvi (04-23-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Team Owner

Dude, excellent update and great shots.
mrkingstonvi (04-23-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Racer

Exclamation Mega update!!!!

Wow, it's been so long since I updated this thread that I don't even know where to begin. So much as happened since my last update, all of which includes losing my job but with plenty of patience and determination, I was able to still persevere. Anyways here goes my little timeline (I tried my best to remember as much as possible and also in chronological order):

Late Spring/Pre-Summer Updates
Despite not updating this thread, I still were visiting the forums regualary, lurking the Black Market and I were able to score one of these for a great price (First piece to some future updates)

Then I have been debating for a while on lowering my ride but the road conditions on island surely had me thinking long and hard. So with some research, and some planning, I began on this journey...

First I upgraded the front strut bar thanks to the good folks at RV-6 Performance:

Next, I received these! (Updates later in this update)

Summer Updates
The beginning of summer was rough for me because I lost my main job. So the first half of summer, all my projects were put on hold until I reevaluated my financial situation. But I still had some goodies on the way and then I eventually made some more purchases during the last half of summer. Also had some fun projects to do also:

I contacted Bruce (AckTL05) once again because of such amazing work he performs and had him do some custom head lights for me. I was tired of my fogged up and spider cracked headlights So here is some pics he sent to me before the final seal up.

More packages...

Now while I waited for Bruce to ship the headlights, I also received a care package from him to begin my next mod. And with the help of a friend it went a little something like this:

Not bad for the first time! Since it came out so nice I decided to do some more a few days later!

Moooaaaarrrr Carbon Fiber!

Custom Headlights/Smoked Fogs (Cf wrapped bezel, lightly smoked diffusers, red demon eyes, gun metal rings, ZKW-R Lens upgrade, LaminX Treated)
And just when I thought the fun would stop, another care package came from Bruce
I also had installed smoked fog lights to complete the stealthy look in the front. I'm satisfied with the way it came out.

These are the old headlights

Out with the old, In with the new & sexy!

Demon Eyes
Well what do we have here? Who awoke the demon?

I think I need a break.... Break over!

Fall Updates
This is the last pic I took on Stock Suspension. From here on out, a new saga began...

AccuAir Air Suspension
Here is where months of research, planning, and saving came into play. Slowly but surely I have been receiving parts for my setup and the time has finally come for the install. Thanks to the good folks at AirForce Suspension, AccuAir & Bag Riders for all their assistance. Also I want to thank ebelp for answering my questions at the beginning of my research. When I did the install, I ran 1 AirZenith OB2 Compressor but eventually I installed a second one. Recovery times are super fast. I mostly did the install along with the help of some friends. I first began on removing the rear seats and installing the wiring.

This trunk setup is only temporary until I fully decide on a setup which might include an audio setup later on.

A friend did the carpeting...

Creating a mount for the tank.

Tank nicely Mounted

Bagging time! Up Up & Away!

We began at about 5pm one evening and finish at about 3am the following morning. The rear stock suspension was a slight challenge to get out but with more hands involved, the install was completed!

Happy moment!

Here's a teaser vid I did for my instagram page! Click Below!

Here's where the air lines ran into the trunk.

Finished!

Video Time! Click Below!

Some more shots! Needs moooaaarrr loooowwww!!! I also plasti dipped the front emblem black and installed it back on the custom shark mouth grill

Present day!
I still have yet to install the eLevel sensors so that should be on the top of my to-do list but it seems I have bumped it down the priority list. (I know, I know, I should have installed them before the bags/struts went on) Moving along, I got bored one day and I decided to remove the OEM Window Visors (which I eventually sold on the BM) and added some decals just for fun. But I will remove them soon

Then I was at a friend's house and he had some Chrome 22s laying around so I tried them on for fun. Specs were 22x7.5 but I didn't know what the offset were. (Don't kill me lol)

Talk about close fitment! :why me:

Then I decided to finally change the factory radio and install the Pioneer NEX 4000 Double Din with the Apple CarPlay update! Couldn't be happier!
I also installed a steering wheel control interface so I won't lose that functionality. Also did the resistor mod so the Nav can still be operational.

Here's my cockpit view! Anyone wants to upgrade my dash Leds for me?

When I installed the Air Suspension, when I dump the air, you couldn't hear the released air from the outside. I left it that way because I liked to be stealthy, but as of now I ran some lines from the VU4 through the same area where the airlines ran so you can now hear me psssshhhh!!

Click below to view all down psssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Now I originally wanted to get the Vossen CV3's as my wheel setup but because of the job situation, I copped some Status wheels from someone for a great price so this is how she sits currently until I get the CV3's. Specs are staggered 20x8.5 Front wrapped in 225/35/20 & 20x10 Rear wrapped in 245/35/20.

Shout outs to the AcuraZine members & everyone who followed my progress on my Instagram page (Check signature & follow me as I post updates faster there). Thanks once again to Bruce (AckTL05) & John (ebelp) for their service & advice. Time for another long break on this thread (maybe).
Old 12-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Holla At Ya Boy

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts
Nice....
mrkingstonvi (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Wow Amaze Such TL-S

Received 129 Likes on 112 Posts
daaaaaaang nice bro!
mrkingstonvi (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Racer

Smile

Originally Posted by EarlThePearl
Nice....
Originally Posted by Kaiii
daaaaaaang nice bro!
Thanks guys! I forgot to include this video!

Old 12-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Talk about an update..... Damn
Old 12-08-2014, 04:22 PM

Received 9,493 Likes on 6,165 Posts
Wow, huge update! Very nicely done!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Wow........dude-fantastic update. You're reaching my level of Carbon Fiber-ness.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-08-2014 at 09:22 PM.
mrkingstonvi (12-14-2014)
Old 12-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
car is looking awesome man keep up the good shit
Old 12-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Very nicely done!
Old 12-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 151 Posts
wow!
nicely done...
just not feeling the stickers or gas cover. Other than that....it's smooth!
mrkingstonvi (04-06-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
Insane
mrkingstonvi (03-07-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkingstonvi
Some night shots (Day shots & better night shots will follow later when I get a chance).

Peek a boo, I see you...

Switchbacks & DRLs

Switchbacks, Headlights & Fogs

Left Indicator

Right Indicator

Hazard Lights
Car looks great. I have the Triton V3 kit too but haven't installed. What did you use for a write up to get those things working? Any tips? Thanks!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by zoostation
Car looks great. I have the Triton V3 kit too but haven't installed. What did you use for a write up to get those things working? Any tips? Thanks!
I actually wired these up without a DIY. The instructions it came with were pretty straight forward and easy to follow. Just take your time and you will be fine.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Racer

Talking Summer Update!

I'm back after almost 6 month and it's almost Summer so I think this Progress Thread needs a fresh update...

Well in my last update, my last wheel setup were Status Knight 816 wheels and they were only temporary because I needed something to play with to help me decide on what size/specs I wanted to use. So I sold those wheels back in the ending of March 2015 and rode around on Waffles for about 2 months freshly wrapped in new Nexen Tires.

Also since my last update, I installed a 4" CAI, P2R TB Spacer, RV6 V3 PCDs, RV6 V3 J-Pipe and got FlashPro tuned by Domgsr-t. If you follow me on Instagram (@tliscious_typesex) you can find videos of street pulls, dyno pulls (including a top speed pull), and so forth. And if your wondering if its worth the mods so far, yes. Next mods hopefully installed by the end of summer or Mid-Fall are but not limited to RV6 V2 True Duel Exhaust (currently part of last batch), PNP Runners (already have but not installed), PNP IM/Bored TB or 3.7 IM/Bored TB (Still deciding).

Here's some results as previously posted in the FlashPro J-Series thread:

Originally Posted by mrkingstonvi
I wasn't going to post these until I update my progress thread in about 2 weeks but...

Here's my stock graph (08 5AT TL-S):

Here's graph after PCD/Jpipe/TB Spacer/4' CAI/Hondata tuned by Dom:

Run #3 is Low Vtec (4500K-4700K)
Run #5 is High Vtec (5000K-5100K)
Run #10 is Dom tuned Vtec (4800K-4900K)

Here's comparison graph with mods before & after tune:

Run #9 Stock Hondata Map w/ Mods
Run #10 Dom Tuned Map

You can check my Instagram in my signature below for videos on the Dyno & street pulls!
Next I finally installed my eLevel Height sensors and have been enjoying the ride ever since. Enough babble, here's a million random pics lol:

Then I took some pics down at our local drag track just when they were preparing for the upcoming race weekend...

New Wheels!
Now here comes the new setup! Rolling on XO Luxury St. Thomas Wheels 20x10 +42 All Around Wrapped in 245/35/20 Nankang Tires. Pics were taken behind a high school where NAPA held their annual VI Car Expo & Car Audio Exhibition.

As we conclude this update I present to you a video I shot & edited myself. This is my first attempt at an edit like this but it came out better than I expected. I will continue to learn some more tricks/techniques & making more vids so stay tuned (Make sure you hit that HD button!)

Thanks for viewing my progress thread...check back soon!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Team Owner

Great new shots!
mrkingstonvi (06-01-2015)

Quick Reply: MrKingston's Fully Bolted/Tuned/AccuAir Bagged '08 CBP TL-S Progress Thread 12/29/15