Let's see your front bumper domed decalz!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by ebelp
It's a complicated mod that takes too much effort and looks like crap in the end...what a waste.
Damn your car is sexy!! this may become my new computer wallpaper!
The following users liked this post:
ebelp (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
**The Catfish**

Received 549 Likes on 440 Posts
yummmmmm...!!! those window visors. Cant wait to get mine installed
ebelp (02-22-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Drifting

black chrome vs gloss black domed decalz on AM TL

BLACK CHROME:

GLOSS BLACK:

Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,968 Likes on 14,485 Posts
Gloss black stands out so much better!
Nice job!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Drifting

^Ya I really like it now!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by zachlone
My First A on the decal isnt even sticky so ill be needing to glue it pretty good unless the heat makes them stick. We got freezing rain last night/morning and i woke up to 1/2" of ice on my car
Did u clean the area with alcohol which was mentioned a butt load of times? I've had mine on for who knows how long and never had a problem. Didn't even need the adhesive. U guys are making this way to difficult then it needs to be
Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Lookin good Zach!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by bmore07tls
Did u clean the area with alcohol which was mentioned a butt load of times? I've had mine on for who knows how long and never had a problem. Didn't even need the adhesive. U guys are making this way to difficult then it needs to be
Yes i wiped down area with alcohol. I didnt have any issues. I used emblem adhesive and it worked well. no complaints, no problems. I was just saying that since the decal wasnt sticky that i would need to use adhesive to get it to stick thats all.

Originally Posted by justnspace
Lookin good Zach!
Thanks!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 539 Posts
I finally get to play!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 PM
I Like turtles

Received 300 Likes on 238 Posts
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 78 Posts

Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 PM

I'm not biased or anything; but it looks the best on Silver.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So i recently purchased the domed decals off the site. I received them in a envelope not attached to the white 3m strip, they were just in the envelope some which were stuck to each other. Some of the letters the black is coming off and a layer of red is starting to show? I have yet to install these, I might just have to re-order these things for another 25$.......

Anyways what 3m emblem adhesive do you guys use to install these? seeing as how mine never came with its adhesive. i heard using some liquid adhesive just eats the paint?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:36 PM

when I did mine, I bought some adhesive liquid stuff from autozone.

NEVER AGAIN.
the chemical was so strong that it gave me hives. I think I might have gotten in contact with it trying to adjust the letters.
I was miserable for about 2 days.

and it turned my domed decals a green hue

although, they're looking fucking sexy here:

Last edited by justnspace; 11-20-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by Jriddle8
So i recently purchased the domed decals off the site. I received them in a envelope not attached to the white 3m strip, they were just in the envelope some which were stuck to each other. Some of the letters the black is coming off and a layer of red is starting to show? I have yet to install these, I might just have to re-order these things for another 25$.......

Anyways what 3m emblem adhesive do you guys use to install these? seeing as how mine never came with its adhesive. i heard using some liquid adhesive just eats the paint?
DO NOT ORDER FROM HIM AGAIN.

Contact him and get to the bottom of it.

Long story short;

I ordered some domed decalz from him on his website in white. I received the letters in the mail and they were simply the gloss/black decals but painted white using either plasti-dip or spray paint can. How do I know? There were imperfections on a few of the letters. Some were even peeling like yours. Mine also did not come with any adhesive (3m tape on the back).

I immediately e-mailed him and notified him that I wasn't satisfied with the purchase and quality of the item was not what I expected and felt duped. He says if I ship them back to him, he will send out replacements. I shipped them back to him on May 8 and e-mailed him May 22 and he says
"I never got anything".
So I manned up and said
"I guess I have no choice but to take it as a loss. Thanks for trying to work something out with me."
He replies

"I can get you another one sent out at my cost if that interests you. $16 is what it would be."
Paid him $16 and STILL NEVER RECEIVED SHIT.

In the end I lost $25 for original decals and the $16 I sent for the "replacement" decals. $41 total

I even messaged "Sharksbreath" here on acurazine only for him to ignore me. I recently deleted my message I sent to him here on Acurazine, so I can't pull that back up but I did notify him I didn't get anything.

All this happened back in April-May 2013. Never mentioned it to anyone but I saved every e-mail we exchanged just in case I ever need to bring it up.

I will be more than glad to copy and paste our e-mail we sent back and forth so everyone can know the kind of service I got. I tried e-mailing him and PMing him and nothing worked so bringing it up for the AZINE family to see is not a problem at all.
Jriddle8 (11-20-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@vietxquangstah - Im glad some one else has had my problem. I will not be ordering from this guy again.

Is there any other place that i could buy these decals for my front bumper? i saw we have a new vendor that sells some. as well as unique style racing has some. Are they any good?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Unfortunately this guy is the only one that sells the "domed" version of them. Our other vendor that recently joined and that can make the vinyl decals for $15 are just the regular flat letter ones and not dome shaped.

I'm sure you'd have better luck with our recent vendor.

"Domed Decalz" used to be a vendor on here. Everyone seemed to be happy with their products while he was still "vendor" status. Now that he's not a vendor here anymore he uses the name "Sharksbreath"...

Just try messaging Sharksbreath and see what he says. Hopefully you have better luck than my ass
Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 AM

Perfect public example of why I'm no longer friends with Aaron Wise.
Chalk it up as a loss, guys...you won't get anything out of him unless he has something to lose like future business/money.

And for the record, mine wouldn't stick either...I ended up using some clear RTV silicone adhesive applied with a toothpick. At the end of the day, I removed them because I like the clean look of the indentation.

Good luck!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:10 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
first of all, let me apologize to the both of you for any hardship or inconvenience.

Jriddle, i have never gotten any emails or messages from you regarding your issue. had you of contacted me instead of posting on here we could have worked something out. in fact, we still can work something out. just email me and i'll take care of you, like i do with everyone.

viet, i NEVER got anything in the mail from you. i have not ignored you. i tried to work with you but nothing ever happened from it because i never got the merchandise back from you. i have sold many many many hundreds of these decals, and i guess you can't make everyone happy. i am still willing to work with you to get this resolved. we are talking about a decal here guys, these things can be worked out fairly easily.

rockstar, you can keep your two cents to yourself as you have no dog in this fight and only like to spread filth about me. grow up.

in closing, as i said, i've sold many hundreds of these decals and if anyone ever has issues i take care of them. plain and simple. this forum isn't really the place to discuss this stuff...seeing as how i am not a vendor here anymore. my website has my email and it's easy to get ahold of me. i check it daily.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:01 AM
**The Catfish**

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
Unfortunately this guy is the only one that sells the "domed" version of them. Our other vendor that recently joined and that can make the vinyl decals for $15 are just the regular flat letter ones and not dome shaped.

I'm sure you'd have better luck with our recent vendor.

"Domed Decalz" used to be a vendor on here. Everyone seemed to be happy with their products while he was still "vendor" status. Now that he's not a vendor here anymore he uses the name "Sharksbreath"...

Just try messaging Sharksbreath and see what he says. Hopefully you have better luck than my ass
Viet,

I am in contact with someone and we are doing some R&D on making the Domed with very strong adhesive. Look for them in the next couple weeks to a month.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 AM

Actually, you have not sold many hundreds of these. You sold a very small first batch that stuck very well but were reddish in hue, then you sold another batch that don't stick to the bumper at all (can't even make it through shipping stuck to the original backing is a good indication). Then you included some adhesive that kinda works which you apparently did away with but blamed the customer's for not knowing how to install them...then, when your stock dwindled, you offered your remaining decals in "any color you want" which entailed you just spray painting them. Cool, but not when they don't arrive in usable condition.

Sounds like you're operating as a vendor but aren't actually a vendor.

And it's not filth if it's true.

Like I mentioned, the only way they'll get any resolution with you is if it'll hurt your future pocketbook by going public. Aaron Wise also the guy selling his services modding headlights and tail lights and anything else you feel like paying him for on Facebook. Just expect the same treatment as the 2 recent complaints if you have any sort of issues.

When you start doing the right thing, the world will be your oyster, buddy. I wish you well, just not at the expense of others.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:16 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
actually, i have sold many hundreds of these. you wouldn't know because you aren't me and didn't order them. you sound arrogant and ignorant at the same time which isn't easy, bravo. i have many satisfied customers, so many that i had to have more of these made.

and yes, all you do is talk shit about me. it's borderline obsessive and weird on your part that you spend so much of your time acting the way you do.

and SickTLS, LOL...you are on THIS page months ago talking me up and telling people to order from me...and now you're getting a bunch of these made up to sell yourself? way to go champ...class act.

both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. not but 8 weeks ago you both were at my wedding, an invitation i had to beg my wife to send out...and now you're trying to do me dirty any chance you get. unbelievable.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 AM
**The Catfish**

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
actually, i have sold many hundreds of these. you wouldn't know because you aren't me and didn't order them. you sound arrogant and ignorant at the same time which isn't easy, bravo. i have many satisfied customers, so many that i had to have more of these made.

and yes, all you do is talk shit about me. it's borderline obsessive and weird on your part that you spend so much of your time acting the way you do.

and SickTLS, LOL...you are on THIS page months ago talking me up and telling people to order from me...and now you're getting a bunch of these made up to sell yourself? way to go champ...class act.

both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. not but 8 weeks ago you both were at my wedding, an invitation i had to beg my wife to send out...and now you're trying to do me dirty any chance you get. unbelievable.
Aaron, you're right. I was on here a couple months ago talking you up. I've never said anything derogatory anywhere about you or the work you do. I simply (and we've been around and around this) saw a business opportunity where friendly competition was missing. I also saw that I could make money doing this. This is solidified by the fact that you have customers that have had problems with the decals you sent them. So if I were to develop these with a better adhesive, cheaper price (probably) and better customer service, I could gain a portion of the market. I'm not attacking you, I'm not being mean or derogatory, I am simply just trying to make a little money on the side.

And I am not, nor will I be ashamed of myself. Yes, I was at your wedding, and had a good time. I appreciate you inviting my wife and I. We were happy to see you take a big step in your life and celebrate with you. But that doesn's mean I or anyone should be ashamed of trying to supplement their income. I appreciate your input though Aaron.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Does Aaron have these copyrighted? Cuz if not anyone is free to make them. I don't understand how it's ok for Aaron to step on Bruce's toes and try and take his customers but when someone does it to Aaron it's wrong? That sounds hypocritical to me.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:58 AM

^^^That's sound logic.

I'm just stating facts. Not once did I fabricate anything or call you any names.

Now you, on the other hand...

For the record, if Glenn came in here and stated that your product was great, it's because you asked him to to counter someone's complaint. As your friends, we were all in a position to stand up for you when you asked. Too bad you didn't think highly enough of us or yourself to reciprocate. Now, you have no choice but to...
Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
Finally, the evidence I knew would show up

Aaron/Sharksbreath, you're hereby banned from AcuraZine for taking advantage not only of our resources by being a non-supporting vendor, but also for ripping off our members, and leaving a negative impression behind. This decision will not be reconsidered and is final.

cheers,
robb
Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 AM
**The Catfish**

Its not only that J, the product is a good idea and it definitely sought after. Back when i got my first one (Red Chromium supposed to be Black chrome) He went out of his way to take care of me. His customer service was above-par and I was happy to recommend him because of my experience. I ended up getting a cf one after it was all said and done and he even went as far as to put some 3M adhesive promoter in the envelope. Again, awesome customer service.

Like I've told Aaron over and over again, this is not a personal attack, this is simply me attempting to supplement my income and help out the forum for something that, clearly, a lot of people want.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by Sick TLS
..and help out the forum for something that, clearly, a lot of people want.
So you're going cut a percentage of the profit to Acurazine?
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM
**The Catfish**

Absolutely! The cut in my profit is going to be the lower price offered to the forum! good question Maj... now take me out of your signature lol
Old 11-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
God damn I miss you guys...

Anyone remember the mark-up on these? Insanity. Someone make them, sell 3x as many at half the price, profit.

Also, lol @ "evidence". In his defense, not like I really care, but a 'he said, she said' crap isn't enough to ban someone. IMHO!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:59 AM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Curious to see Glenn's product. I want one for my Trapper Keeper.
rockstar143 (11-22-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Wow Amaze Such TL-S

Received 129 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by maharajamd
God damn I miss you guys...

Anyone remember the mark-up on these? Insanity. Someone make them, sell 3x as many at half the price, profit.

Also, lol @ "evidence". In his defense, not like I really care, but a 'he said, she said' crap isn't enough to ban someone. IMHO!
^i agree...
Old 11-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by Sick TLS
Absolutely! The cut in my profit is going to be the lower price offered to the forum! good question Maj... now take me out of your signature lol
You should just charge a reasonable price and everybody wins..

@sig.. didn't even remember it. I guess it stays indefinitely.
Sick TLS (11-21-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
In all honesty, I dont see $25-$30 as being too pricey for the domed decalz. There is a lot of things that go into producing a product and actually selling it.

Its strange that someone would be banned based off of he said/she said. This was the first time I have ever heard of any issues with the product or customer service. Sure the adhesive on the back wasnt that great, so get some damn Gorilla Glue and call it a day, its not a big deal. I feel that Aaron should at least be given some sort of opportunity to correct this issue.

He has played a pretty big role on this forum as far as the domed decalz goes, along with being chapter leader etc.

Last edited by AccordFlex; 11-21-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Race Director

^I've was once told the numbers, and trust me, it's not anywhere near $25/$30 a unit.

And I bet the ban was more about not being a real vendor, and the whole ordeal that went down a year or so ago about it. Even if not a real vendor, or not trying to actually sell them here, people are still using this channel for support.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
^I've was once told the numbers, and trust me, it's not anywhere near $25/$30 a unit.

And I bet the ban was more about not being a real vendor, and the whole ordeal that went down a year or so ago about it. Even if not a real vendor, or not trying to actually sell them here, people are still using this channel for support.

Its called a business. Ever wonder what it cost for that loaf of wonder bread to be made that they sell for $2.99 in the stores? Literally cents on the dollar. Its not just cost of the product which determines pricing.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Race Director

Hey man, you don't have to teach business models to me. If he was a nobody we all didn't know, I'd actually have less of a problem with it.

But this is a community. Selling for 2-3 times the cost isn't something I can endorse.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow Amaze Such TL-S

Received 129 Likes on 112 Posts
I do agree w/ AF though that Aaron should've at least been given a chance to rectify the problems before getting a surprise ban hammer from the forum altogether. For example, could have told him to make sure that anyone with an issue needs to have it addressed immediately or else further action would have to be taken. That way, the people who actually have grievances would have them resolved, and everyone would be happy. Meh.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
But this is a community. Selling for 2-3 times the cost isn't something I can endorse.
I'm willing to bet 90% of the parts we buy for our cars are marked up at least 2x. Especially if you're basing the math on the net cost to produce them. There's always a middle man taking his cut.

Quick Reply: Let's see your front bumper domed decalz!