I've been tinkering with Photoshop CS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been tinkering with Photoshop CS

I've been inspired by the works of some of the members on here like sixsixfour and boxstock to modify photos of my TL. I'm not trying to say I'm as good as those guys, but hey, I'm new to the process.

Here is the link to my photoshop edits: http://nisene.com/images/tl_images/photoshop/

Here are a couple of my favorites (so far):

Old 05-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Instructor

Watch out Brett, messing with photoshop is addictive!

Lookin good!

boxstock
Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
ineresting style bro. i actually like it.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:16 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have this program. The version 9 one. I am clueless! Does anyone recommend a book to help? I really want to get into this program, because there are many ways for me to showcase my ride like FramedVision and others but I DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
boxstock, sixsixfour - thanks for your comments. I'm still working on my PS skillz, and you guys are still the kings This is super-fun, though. I don't really know anything about the program or what it can fully do; I just started messing with it and have begun to figure stuff out. I'm sure my techniques are totally wrong, but the results are coming out pretty well.

darksom1 - just play around with it. You'll start to do things, and all of a sudden and it'll start to click. My only suggestion, epecially if you're a little green with computers (not saying you are, but just in case): save your original pictures as copies somewhere on your computer so you don't overwrite them with something you don't want permanently! I do all my photoshop work out of a new folder of copied files.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by brettallica
boxstock, sixsixfour - thanks for your comments. I'm still working on my PS skillz, and you guys are still the kings This is super-fun, though. I don't really know anything about the program or what it can fully do; I just started messing with it and have begun to figure stuff out. I'm sure my techniques are totally wrong, but the results are coming out pretty well.
thats how it all starts bro. just play around and look for your groove. like I told you, when you play around with PS, you will eventually find a certain style/flavor to your pictures that you will like.

bets thing for you now is to figure out levels and exposure. you have a white car, and its always a pain getting exposure right on it. i should know, i always had a white car.

but if you need more help or tips, let me know.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Godfather of Chrome

^ Blue!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL - Brett now you can photoshop your new rims on your car
Old 05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
now with four rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like boxstock said, PS is addicting...but it's fun as hell to create new things...

darksom1, check out Photoshop: Classroom in a Book...that will get you started, no doubt...

along with photoshop, i use PhotoMatix...it has better HDR controls than photoshop...the pics below were modified and manipulated with PS, but the color was brought out with PhotoMatix...

before...

after...

keep it up brettallica...you'll be masking, filtering, stroking, outlining, and blending like a pro in no time....maybe we should start a photoshop help thread...?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by rimz
like boxstock said, PS is addicting...but it's fun as hell to create new things...

darksom1, check out Photoshop: Classroom in a Book...that will get you started, no doubt...

along with photoshop, i use PhotoMatix...it has better HDR controls than photoshop...the pics below were modified and manipulated with PS, but the color was brought out with PhotoMatix...

before...

after...

keep it up brettallica...you'll be masking, filtering, stroking, outlining, and blending like a pro in no time....maybe we should start a photoshop help thread...?
Ok, I'm not computer illiterate fellas, because I build, sell, and service them...but this PS CS 9 or whatever is very complicated looking. Question: My gf said there are tutorials in the help file that will really assist. Is that true?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Actually, my "first" photoshop was of the wheels I'm going to get:

Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome thread, since I'm a PS noob.

I have one q, how do I make a border?

TIA...
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by darksom1
Ok, I'm not computer illiterate fellas, because I build, sell, and service them...but this PS CS 9 or whatever is very complicated looking. Question: My gf said there are tutorials in the help file that will really assist. Is that true?
yes, adobe puts some great information in their help file for photoshop...just open up Help and search for what you're looking for...they take you step-by-step, so adobe's built-in help should get you going...also check out good tutorials for some nice write-ups...
Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
Awesome thread, since I'm a PS noob.

I have one q, how do I make a border?

TIA...
one of the easiest ways to make a standard border is to make a selection in your image that includes what you want to see in your image, then make an inverse selection (ctrl + shift + i) and fill it with a color...there's also a border option at the top under the 'select' menu and then under 'modify'(?) ...whatever is under 'feather' in the 'select' menu, go there and you'll see 'contract', 'expand', 'border', 'smooth'....and something else...anyways, that should get you a border...you can always spice them up with different patters, transparencies, and fades...
Old 05-15-2007, 08:57 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

yes, adobe puts some great information in their help file for photoshop...just open up Help and search for what you're looking for...they take you step-by-step, so adobe's built-in help should get you going...also check out good tutorials for some nice write-ups...
Thanks rimz!

Hey Brett, these guys are giving me tips but may regret it later huh? (pics) LOL!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Originally Posted by darksom1
Thanks rimz!

Hey Brett, these guys are giving me tips but may regret it later huh? (pics) LOL!
I don't even want to know what kind of whoring will ensure once you figure out PS! I try my best not to pic whore, which is why I usually substitute with links whenever possible (as seen in my first post on this thread).
Old 05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brettallica
I don't even want to know what kind of whoring will ensure once you figure out PS! I try my best not to pic whore, which is why I usually substitute with links whenever possible (as seen in my first post on this thread).

There is always the photography section - can't get feathers ruffled for pic whoring in there - LOL.

Geez
Old 05-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
one of the easiest ways to make a standard border is to make a selection in your image that includes what you want to see in your image, then make an inverse selection (ctrl + shift + i) and fill it with a color...there's also a border option at the top under the 'select' menu and then under 'modify'(?) ...whatever is under 'feather' in the 'select' menu, go there and you'll see 'contract', 'expand', 'border', 'smooth'....and something else...anyways, that should get you a border...you can always spice them up with different patters, transparencies, and fades...
thank you very much!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
You can do so much wonders on Photoshop. I've been using it for almost 15 years >_<

Before shot:

after shot:
Duplicate image, saturate the duplicate image, eraser part of the saturated image.
And there is your final piece.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Here are two more that I just busted out:

Original:

Photoshop CS:

Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Godfather of Chrome

A couple more custom PS jobs:

http://nisene.com/images/tl_images/photoshop/
Old 05-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
ya....PS is lots of fun........just dont overly do it though hee hee
Old 05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Godfather of Chrome

The graffiti one is a bit much, but kind of neat. I really like the first one of those last three, with the faded background.