I made one hell of a mistake.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
the guy who did the 6MT swap for the 2G TLs? wow, no wonder he got banned so much.
who also made a turbo kit and effed a few ppl on the "other" forum.

back on topic.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
damn, one of the most whimsical and dangerous events had to have happened to one of the biggest heavy weights on this forum..

before I get ANYTHING done to my car, I always ask the mechanic if he's done that specific type of work before... if i need coilovers installed, I ask the guy have you done suspension work? if I need to stretch my tires for wide wheels, I ask have you done stretching of low profile tires before?

If I get the yes, then I let him proceed.... like others have said I'm glad you're okay, and that this didn't happen going 75mph on the highway. Good thing you were working out.... Thank the unhealthy food you're eating

Looking forward to seeing the whip back to normal shape.
Goodluck!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
F-SPORT

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Wow, just got done reading all three pages thread by thread. Glad you are okay for the most part. And that guy.......(no commment)!!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Damn!!!! Damn!!!! Damn!!!! i would have been so pissed! getting right out of the gym i would have been so pumped!, i would have gone right over to that piece of sh*ts place and taken that impact gun of his and shoved it up his ass! then i would have picked him up, military pressed him a few times and threw him in the apt. complex trash dumpster!

Eric, you're too nice man! sorry this happened to your car. glad you weren't hurt brother. fix your baby
Old 07-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Aww man, sorry to hear Eric. Sometimes you do run across d-bags as this and you just know that they won't help you fix their mistake. But you gotta stay positive man! Get that thing running and get those track videos you owe me! =)
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
Eric dude what happen???? That sucks! Glad you are ok dude.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by jptl04
Damn!!!! Damn!!!! Damn!!!! i would have been so pissed! getting right out of the gym i would have been so pumped!, i would have gone right over to that piece of sh*ts place and taken that impact gun of his and shoved it up his ass! then i would have picked him up, military pressed him a few times and threw him in the apt. complex trash dumpster!

Eric, you're too nice man! sorry this happened to your car. glad you weren't hurt brother. fix your baby
umm... note to self.. not to piss you off at the next bbq meet. lol!

nikon sucks

lol
Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn gald u are ok eric.....
Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Here it goes.

Buddy moves into my apt complex. Black TL, black wheels. See's me working on my car. Eventually he comes over to see what is going on. Tells me he works as a technician at Hendrick Honda. Proceeds to tell me if any work needs to be done, just bring it on up there and he will gladly work on it. So i'm glad nice! good deal good deal.

So my brother needs his brakes installed. We bring it to Honda, and everything gets installed quickly and without any problems. I'm thinking, man this guy is good!

A month or so later, i'm moving out of my apt. It's hot as hell, and i'm getting tired of moving stuff into the Uhaul. SO i'm like, dude, just take this stuff. Gave him my old oem calipers and rotors, a 12W7 in a custom box, and some 18 inch Focal G7 wheels and tires. He says " damn, i'm gonna be working on your car forever"! I look at him and smile.

So now i'm in my new apt. Dude comes over and we modify his headlights. After we get done, i'm like, man lets put the te-37s on my 6MT. The lug nuts were tight to the point that i couldnt break them loose with a socket and bar. So he busts out his gun. Lug nuts come right off. As he is putting the te37s on, he gets to the right rear, and says, hey man this lug nut doesn't want to go on. Damn thing is misthreading. I'm thinking to myself, hmmmm...how is this so. ???...

Another month or so. He's inquires about my old sparco seats. I'm like, well shit, if you want them, how about doing the knuckle swap for me and i'll give them to you. Deal. Brings his tools over and performs the swap. His method to get the lower control stud out of the housing it to take a mallet and beat it until it pops out. My ass is frightened by this method, and i'm standing there with my eyes about to explode as a result of this fear. One bad swing and it's going to clip the stud and damage the threads. Am i right or am i right? The proper technique is to use a press. But low and behold, the knuckle swap is done.

Somewhere along the lines, he tells me he lost his job at Hendrick Honda. They said he left some lug nuts loose on a customer's car and caused a flame inside an engine bay on another car. They let him go. Dude is without a job.

He tells me the story, and i'm like damn. He then ends up inquiring about my old CF hood. I tell him if you want it, then i'll give it to you if you swap the catalytic converters out. I find the DIY on acurazine, and read it. It says nothing about taking the front right axle out. So he's getting around to the rear cat, and says, dude i've got to take the axle out to get this rear cat out. I proceed to tell him that this thing can be jiggled out. He says, no, i need to take this axle out. I'm getting nervous at this point. I tell him, allright, go ahead and do that if you feel it's neccessary. He takes the entire assembly apart and gets the cat out. Puts it back together. He starts tightening the axle nut, and it gets to a point where it doesn't want to go any further. I'm standing there looking at it, and i'm like that nut needs to go a few more millimeters. The nut wouldn't budge. Test drive... grinding sound coming from the front right on left turns only. His response, oh it's the dust shield". I'm thinking, no probably something more intense.

I drive the car 60 miles, and i'm thinking something just isn't right. I take the wheel off, and inspect. I find the rotor has been digging into the caliper. The entire hub and brake assembly can be jiggled...not suppose to happen. Call him up, he comes over and his torque gun is unsuccessful in getting this nut off. He tells me let's take the knuckle off the auto TL...and i stop him right there. I tell him, dude i'm just going to drive this thing up to Acura and let them handle it. He tells me, "man, if i messed your car up, i'm never working on a car ever again". I remember standing there looking at him.

I'm driving the loaner TL, and recieve a picture message... He sends me a picture of his newly tinted tailights. I look at it and shake my head.

Acura bill....$1,187.00 Pissed.

Another picture message a week later... he sends me a picture of his newly installed j-pipe. I look at it and shake my head.

ANOTHER picture message... new grille he received.

This whole time i'm just waiting for him to be like, man, im sorry, how much do I owe you, or what can be done. Not once does he even offer. Still to this day i'm waiting.

And then, this stud breaks. Uber pissed. Mostly pissed off at myself more than anything.
Send him a picture message of your acura bill since he's so in love with pic messages...
Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by thewanderer316
wow, really sucks to see that happened. This is the reason i would never let another tl owner work on my car unless i know them well.
+1
Old 07-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Kro
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
you're dealing with this very well it seems. props to you. good luck
Old 07-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMMMM!!! that is messed up for real bro, but im very glad Eric that you and your passenger were okay and it happened in a controlled area instead of a highway or street! this guy is a true FAG and deserves to be
Old 07-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Cruisin'

did u make him pay the cost?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Ok so I took a look at the diagram on page 2 and for the Type S it looks to be a little bit different and labeled differently as well. Just for the future people as well as me who swap suspension components. I am going to H&R Coilovers next week and now I want to take necessary precautions to ensure a safe installation.

Looking at this diagram I should order two #16's, #21's, and #25 correct? Now i need to take a look at the rear diagram for the car.

Last edited by badazzTL-S; 07-15-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
super multiquote!!...

Originally Posted by coreshredder
ya never deal with ppl like that.. they always think they r right.. use u and then when something goes wrong its like they dont know u..
That pretty much describes what's going on here.

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
to see this happen to you. keep your head up and learn from your mistakes (even though its really not your fault).

people like this really pisses me off, reminds me of a guy here named joe who got banned for multiple forums b/c of similar situations with mutliple cars.
Thanks Phil. I certainly learned a lot from this whole dilemna. I think I remember the Joe guy.

Originally Posted by HONgDA
You held back long enough, and this was the last straw. Actually the time he starting asking for parts in return of service was where you should've drawn the line. And how long have you known him? Not long I assume. He took your generosity for granted and now you got burned for it. Payback is a bitch and karma will bite him in the ass.
I've known him for about a year. Hopefully karma will pull through.

Originally Posted by Danny04TL
you should take all your stuff back that you gave him for his awesome services!
glad your okay and no one got hurt...
I wonder if he would come forward and just deliver all the items that he has been given. Thanks man im glad too.

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
That sucks man..... I was honestly really surprised when he name dropped you in that one thread. At least nothing worse happened, like your car slammed to the ground and you hit someone else. Just move on... that tard can make himself bad without even trying.

the guy who did the 6MT swap for the 2G TLs? wow, no wonder he got banned so much.
Yeah he threw my name around about 5 times too many. It would have been so bad if i had hit someone else.

Originally Posted by AZuser
Wow. What a freakin moron that guy is. No wonder he got fired.

That guy's a FAIL.
FAILURE for sure.

Originally Posted by elkayem
Dude, so glad you're ok.
At least yeah, you're going slow!

I kinda guessed it was some where along the lines of like suspension blowing. I guess, I was close?
HAHa, but wow that guy's a douche.
GG to his intelligence and reputation on Azine.
Not that he had any but it's worst now.
Thanks! I hate to bust someone's reputation, but hey, i think he deserves it.

Originally Posted by ifirahse
Eric, I know how scary it is to have suspension components fail like that, since something similar to me happened a few months ago when my two front shocks were jammed deep into the forks from a hard impact going about 45mph:

Anyways, I have a few questions to ask you to clarify what happened, since I'm scared what happened to you might happen to other members on the board, including me.

In this diagram, is it #19 that failed? If so, how did it fail? Did it just slip off or was it sliced into pieces? It's held on by a nut that's supposed to be torqued to about 40 lb/ft.

FYI, Honda recommends replacing that bolt every time it is touched, something I haven't done after removing it about 5 times, but am now seriously thinking about doing.

What happened to you is obviously way worse than my issues, but thanks for any info you might have, and good luck with the repair/beating the guy's ass.
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you and your car, and i'm glad you're allright.

The stud that failed is not pictured in that diagram for some reason. It's the one that is on the end of the control arm. It's located almost inside the barrel of the rim on the bottom of the hub assembly.

Originally Posted by JwongTLS
dude... thats some shit man..

at least your ok..

that dude is an IDIOT..u should be able to judge someone by their car
Thanks man. Go ahead and judge him accordingly. It's a good assumption!

Originally Posted by TheWanderer316
Wow, really sucks to see that happened. This is the reason i would never let another TL owner work on my car unless i know them well.
I wish i would have just done the work myself.

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
damn that sucks dude Seriously though, thank god no one was hurt!
Yes, thank god indeed.

Originally Posted by Audioserf
Wow. This whole situation is crazy. Like everyone else has said, I'm glad this happened to you in a parking lot rather than on the streets.

Don't sweat it too much for now... I bet karma's got something in store for the little Honda repairman that couldn't.
This parking lot was the optimal spot for this to happen, despite there being the 5oclock monday swarm of people coming in and out.

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I am Glad your Alright, the car is always replaceable-repairable. I work as a Technician and been doing so for the past 6-7 years. I do assure you that yes there are times the lower control arm has to be hit off, if your keeping it well you can use pry bars and work it out but sometimes with bushings rotting and rusting hitting it is the only way man. As far as the bolt in that picture # 19 you always and I mean ALWAYS replace it when removing it. You tend to keep streching it and will end up breaking under stress. I will not pick sides but just saying shit does happen he should have been more aware of whats involved in this job and most importantly replace any bolts that were removed.

I did a four wheel brake job in my driveway last weekend. Rotors and pads the whole 9 yards plus some other bullshit. His rear brakes had a ton of rust, I even said the chances of something breaking is pretty high. Well ended up breaking a slide into the caliper bracket. Used heat and PB blaster the whole 9 and nothing the rust had done it's job. I ended up having to replace the whole caliper and the guy understood. Yeah I felt bad but I what was I going to do shit happens but I repaired it as needed and he understood. Sorry you had to go through it man, but it takes a tech to understand what he did. Best of luck man!
I'll have to replace the #19 bolt because they've never been changed. Thanks for that heads up. Atleast you repaired it and sent him off with everything in good working mechanical condition. Thanks for the words!

Originally Posted by gatdammit
Nasty... all I can say is nasty. And it's stories like this, that reaffirms my cynicism towards people nowadays. It seems that common sense and just plain ol common courtesy are seen less and less as the years roll by. The sad part is that this guy ain't the only one like that. What happened to just owning up and manning up to ones actions? I mean not to even offer to help you out with it? How about an apology? Does he even realized that he's in the wrong because the crazy thing is he probably realize it in the slightest.
Yeah there are more guys out there like this. We'll just have to watch out for them and let this story be a reminder. An apology would have been 10 times better than picture messages of modifications. But did i get one, ...no.

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
I feels like my heart was ripped out of me and this is not even my car.

Hope everything goes well with the repairs and glad you are ok.

Eric will be back and shining in no time.
I thought my heart was going to stop when i felt the front end lay down. I was thinking man this is embarrassing. I'm confident the guys at Acura will take care of it. Thanks man!

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Sorry to hear about what happened Eric... I'm glad you're alright and nothing serious happened... Like everyone has said... you live and you learn...

That's why I only let ONE person work on my car (mechanically)...

Should be an easy fix...

What people don't realize is that Bilt #19 & #14 (diagram above) Should be replaced with NEW ones once it's removed from the fork... They are a ONE TIME USE BOLT...
Thanks Rod. I'm thankful to be alive. I'm glad we're all learned bolt #19 needs to be replaced. I think lots of us did not know that.

Originally Posted by godfather2
sorry for your troubles, eric.
It'll work out Vinny!

Originally Posted by Trew
You see... This sort of thing would make me hurt someone.

Eric. I'm really sorry this happened to you. I will await the full story for further comment.
I wish I could hurt someone physically, but with the lawsuits these days, it's just smarter not to engage it a battle. However, if you can find a way to deliver an attack to the victim without the victim knowing who did it, then that's a different story. hehe.

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
I would have ripped him a new one if that shit every happened to me. I admire your self-restraint. you have such an awesome looking car, this is equivalent to someone walking up to you and poking you in the eye with a knife.

Im glad you're safe. makes me sad such a thing happened on your car. its what my car dreams of becoming one day.
Yeah man i've never really been involved in an altercation where someone is having their ass handed to them. I've got a lot of self discipline when it comes to restraint. I honestly feel like he was indirectly, but directly trying to sabotage my TL, and or life. Thanks for the words!!

Originally Posted by ankur914
Damn dude, so sorry to see that happen to you and your car.

But, as many others have said, the extreme positive out of this situation is that it happened in a parkling lot.

Also, wanted to commend you on taking the high ground in that "EYeeeeeeeeeeee SPeekaaaahh Noooo InnnnGeeeshhh!" thread that you posted of douche nuts.

Best of luck to you dude,
Just remember, Karma is a real bitch.
Thanks man. I figured I would keep quiet in that thread. Karma indeed!!!

Originally Posted by ggesq
Eric, sorry to see this happen to you man. Good luck w/ the repair.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
wow, sorry to see that bro. one of the cleanest cars on here. hope you get it fixed soon and kick that guys ass
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by alexSU
Damn Eric. Sorry to see this happen to you bro. I was going to have this guy put my springs on but then I backed out. Some locals warned me of him and now I see it gets worse! Dude you got every right to have your stuff back and for him to pay your stealership bill!

And if you need something done right, you know the locals (not naming anyone ) are always very helpful and much more knowledgeable Good luck and I hope you get your ride to good form soon.
Good thing you backed out Alex! The locals kept you on a safe path. Good hearing from you bro.

I did not know this. I've done suspension numerous times on different cars and nothing has happened to the bolt #19 and #14 failing. Is it because it was rusted that it breaks off? I've taken those two bolts out with ease and never had i run into any suspension failure after re-using them. Well thanks for the new info, i'm certain to replace them. Better be safe than sorry.
True. I think we should all go and replace #19 and/or #14 now!!

Originally Posted by 6MTProwler
That's some shit. Totally blown about this happening to ANYONE.

Also some shit that he didn't even OFFER to help you out with an 1100+ dollar repair bill. I would have gotten some legal consultation at that point..

Much luck to you in figuring this all out. And like everyone else said, glad to hear you are safe. This could have been much much worse.
Yeah i don't recall ever seeing this happen before. A little help with that bill would have been nice. Thanks for the words!

Originally Posted by ankur914
I recently changed out my suspension to A-Spec, and that mad mamajama was rusted on tight!. I cleaned it off with a wire brush and liquid wrench, and it appeared to be good. After seeing this thread, i called up an Acura dealership in Chicagoland that has an very knowledgable service tech (he's old, lol) and asked if i needed to change out that fork bolt. he stated , "no" .

In the ASpec instructions, they dont inform us to swap out the bolt. Yet, rodney has a good point, i think. Many of us have had to use a dowel pin and mallet to get the dang thing out. Just for the sake of safety it may be good to change it out.

Rodneyc77, Did you read somewhere specifically that we need to change out the bolt? If so, could you point us to where you read this? (Im not doubting what youre saying, just curious)

Dont mean to derail the thread...
Yeah it takes a little tippy tappy taparoo to get #19 out sometimes. I can understand why there is a need to replace it. A lot of weight rests on that bolt.

Originally Posted by jjashaa
o.....m......g...

don't you hate being too nice at times? lol. i feel you on that one.

this is the reason why sometimes, i'm a little uneasy when people ask me to work on their cars. lol

hopefully you get this shit taken care of.

i would def come over to help you if you were a little closer.... haha.
I think i just need to get ugly sometimes. I'm always too nice. I appreciate that bro. A lot of times i wish i lived in California.

Originally Posted by BoBByLiGhT83
I get home from work, log in and this is the first thread I see and I'm like, Huh? wonder what Eric is doing now. In no way did I expect this. Def glad to hear your OK. That's the most important part of course. As for the car, those parts can be replaced. Yea it sucks and can be costly, but your or someone else life can't. I had the rear axle in my old mustang snap going down the drag strip going about 75 mph and smashed me into the wall. Scariest moment of my life. So trust me, be thankful that it happened at such a low speed.
I'm very very glad no one was hurt. Dang man, i'm glad you made it out alive. I can imagine how scary that would have been.

And to think i was going to prepare this TL for the time attack in august at CMP.

Originally Posted by stillhere153
Its bad when someone touches the heart of the car, some people believe the motor of the car is the heart, I consider it suspension

I don't touch it, I always only let legit peeps work on it
Trey (local car-head)
Craig (semi-local fellow azine acura tech)

The other times anyone else has worked on my rides it ends up being more expensive

The fact is anytime you try and save a buck, you end up getting jammed up and spending more... Although some of your parts for labor trades were nuts... Cf hood and recaros c'mon bro, I would've driven down and helped you do this shit in person if you was given out parts

As for removing the axle for cat install... Yes by the book u remove the rear halfshaft... But since the cat can me jiggle wiggled out.. It's a safer bet

Petition to ban this member
1. Stillhere153
I think you've got a point about the suspension being key. One small bolt and stud issue, and you've got a potentially deadly situation.

And now thinking back, two sparco seats for this type of install was beyond generous. I wish someone else had been given those seats such as yourself. You've helped so many people out you almost deserve to be awarded those seats as an offering.

And yes, the jiggle method is much more efficient. I actually tested this jiggle method out the other week when my brother and I were working on the auto TL. You just take the heat shield off and sure enough it'll fit right down through the top of the engine bay.

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
who also made a turbo kit and effed a few ppl on the "other" forum.

back on topic.
assholes man.

Originally Posted by bforbrian
damn, one of the most whimsical and dangerous events had to have happened to one of the biggest heavy weights on this forum..

before I get ANYTHING done to my car, I always ask the mechanic if he's done that specific type of work before... if i need coilovers installed, I ask the guy have you done suspension work? if I need to stretch my tires for wide wheels, I ask have you done stretching of low profile tires before?

If I get the yes, then I let him proceed.... like others have said I'm glad you're okay, and that this didn't happen going 75mph on the highway. Good thing you were working out.... Thank the unhealthy food you're eating

Looking forward to seeing the whip back to normal shape.
Goodluck!
Yeah it's always nice if the person performing the install has done it atleast one time before. They know what they're doing usually, and also might know the best way of getting it done. 75mph could have been fatal. It's unbelieveable the types of food i eat. Beyond junkfood! Thanks Brian!

Originally Posted by LTxArucAx60
Wow, just got done reading all three pages thread by thread. Glad you are okay for the most part. And that guy.......(no commment)!!
Thanks man! haha

Originally Posted by jptl04

And I was having a good day in the gym too. I had just finished pressing the 120lb dumbells and was feeling excellent. As for hurting someone, i have always wondered what it would feel like to have a metal drill bit drilled into one's body, and multiple times. I can imagine the word "excruciating" being one of the adjectives to describe this level of torture. Thanks for the words bro!!

Originally Posted by aznbo187
Aww man, sorry to hear Eric. Sometimes you do run across d-bags as this and you just know that they won't help you fix their mistake. But you gotta stay positive man! Get that thing running and get those track videos you owe me! =)
I'm working on staying positive. Being negative probably won't help anything. I'll work on getting some track vids and pics if i can get back to a state of comfort with this thing. This incident has been scared shitless thinking what would have happened if it failed when my brother and I were testing out 3rd and 4th gear WOT. I'm guessing sparks, destruction, death, blood, etc. would have been evident.

Originally Posted by KB1Spec
Eric dude what happen???? That sucks! Glad you are ok dude.
Shit happened! And it does suck. Thanks Ray.

umm... note to self.. not to piss you off at the next bbq meet. lol!

nikon sucks

lol
haha it sounds like jptl04 could do work to someone !! don't mess with him !!

Originally Posted by Soyboy26
damn gald u are ok eric.....
Thanks brother! I am too.

Originally Posted by 218TL
Send him a picture message of your acura bill since he's so in love with pic messages...

I had considered doing that. I didn't want to scare him off.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

daaaamn. I knew exactly who it was as soon as i read your 1st post.

Sorry to hear about what happened bro. Good thing is that you're ok.
did you get an estimate yet? and are you going through insurance? or are you thinking of trying to get this guy to pay for part of if not ALL the damage?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Here's another picture from the front. You can see where the #19 bolt did not fail.

The black box indicates where the issue occured. It's the ball joint stud that's on the bottom of the knuckle assembly, which is not pictured here.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Damn how did I miss this thread last night. Sucks to hear this BS happened to you man. Oh well, all you can do now is learn from your mistakes and move on. Side note: your Invos look like slicks lol
Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

wow thats crazy. Glad your doing ok, but I cant even imagine the anger you must feel.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Any damage to your rims Eric? nice slicks lol
Old 07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Hey at least your fenders are flared now so you can get some more aggressive wheels
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Oh God please tell me the Versus Front is ok or can easily be repaired??? OMG I just thought about that, you are the only TL with the rare versus front end. Keeping that bumper in my prayers!!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow man....wtf, I can't believe he fuqed up your car like that dude... your car is fuqing sweet...

I'm still shocked that you can still be so nice about all of this... He fuqed up your car and you haven't yelled or complained to him about it...
I hope good karma moves your way because you are just too nice.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:49 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
super multi-quote is right!!! lol

Yea, i have a temper problem... and usually, when i leave the gym... my testasterone is on the war-path.... i would have been at this dudes house in a heart beat...

I'm getting angry just thinking about this... does this dude know the POWER of AcuraZine?? Does he reeeaaallllyyy want 20+ members showing up at his house...
Old 07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
WOW
HOLY
SHIT!!!

First of all and most importantly THANK GOD you were in a parking lot!!! THANK GOD!!! and I will add that your car is sexy as hell and when I saw that first pic I was very sad for you!

I remember the other thread with the "mugen tl" I have to say this guy has the silliest TL I have ever seen! I hope he does not think that looks good!
Anyway tho I cannot believe this happened to your car, I am very sorry, I honestly feel bad for you. I let ONE mechanic work on my TL and he has been a Honda tech for over 15yrs. Anything I cannot do by myself or with other aziners he does.

So where the hell is this guy? Has he even seen this thread? Hes not even coming in here to defend himself? If I was him I would feel like an ass ever coming on azine again, I bet he changes his s/n.
Honestly i think 99% of the 3rd gen TL ppl know your car and have much respect for it. For him to do this to your car and now everyone knows it was him.....I really dont think he will be back on here.
I hope everything turns out ok with your car!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
You held back long enough, and this was the last straw. Actually the time he starting asking for parts in return of service was where you should've drawn the line. And how long have you known him? Not long I assume. He took your generosity for granted and now you got burned for it. Payback is a bitch and karma will bite him in the ass.
yes eric, u are way too nice.. if anything, this douche can be talking trash behind your back.. this is what i learned, the hard way.

Sometimes, you just gotta be straight forward, especially to fags like this guy. I'm jus dam glad you're alright man. I'd be real sad to see a TL legend go like this. At least the car can be replaced.

o.....m......g...

don't you hate being too nice at times? lol. i feel you on that one.

this is the reason why sometimes, i'm a little uneasy when people ask me to work on their cars. lol

hopefully you get this shit taken care of.

i would def come over to help you if you were a little closer.... haha.
Yes, i would be so down to help you out as well, it's too bad you live so dam far away!. I always take longer than others whenever i work on cars, mine as well as my friends. I make sure it's ON and it's tight, always double checked. I'm always surprised to hear that people can do their coils in 4 hours.. I take the whole freakin 8. Plus more if need to be.

ANYWAYS, definitely ask for your stuff back man. At least so you can sell those seats and get some money out of it. Of all the people around your area, eric, I am DAM SURE that others woulda been MORE THAN WILLING to help you out with the install/removal instead of letting a "tool" like this fag work on it. With a 24pack of beer on top, of course.

You live and you learn tho. And it just sucks that this has to happen to such a nice guy. It's a fked up world we live in. U gotta watch your own back.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear but don't worry it'll be fine again. your car is one of the nicer cars on this site, and it'll stay that way.

my advice to you: next time you see him, don't be nice to the guy.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
super multi-quote is right!!! lol

Yea, i have a temper problem... and usually, when i leave the gym... my testasterone is on the war-path.... i would have been at this dudes house in a heart beat...

I'm getting angry just thinking about this... does this dude know the POWER of AcuraZine?? Does he reeeaaallllyyy want 20+ members showing up at his house...

azine mob you better watch out!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I personally treat and respect your car like the FLAG SHIP of Azine. I have never met you or seen your car in person but im sure i would do my best to beat down someone that fucks with it.

Down for a AZ beatdown and while were at it 2. on the ban list!!!

But seriously Eric his car looks like complete ASS. Life altering experiences always makes you stronger
Old 07-15-2009, 03:52 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by alexSU
azine mob you better watch out!
when two other members were up to "no good" in the BM.... the lynch squad rectifyed everything
Old 07-15-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Eric holy shit. My girlfriend and I read every post in this thread and we are shocked to say the least. I'm so sorry man, but damn I'm glad you are okay.

I'm the type of person that if you trust me to do ANYTHING on something you own, and I fuck it up, you bet your ass I'm going to pay for it. Maybe that's the way I was raised, or maybe that's just common sense. I can't believe he hasn't said anything about it and has the nerve to brag about his new stuff he has acquired. That's a douche to say the least. Wow. I'm in disbelief.

Any idea how long it will take to get fixed? Have you gotten an estimate? Can you get insurance involved somehow and see if the guy can be held liable for the damage to your car?

At least you still have the 5AT to whip around haha Good luck with everything man. Keep us updated.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Eric holy shit. My girlfriend and I read every post in this thread and we are shocked to say the least. I'm so sorry man, but damn I'm glad you are okay.

I'm the type of person that if you trust me to do ANYTHING on something you own, and I fuck it up, you bet your ass I'm going to pay for it. Maybe that's the way I was raised, or maybe that's just common sense. I can't believe he hasn't said anything about it and has the nerve to brag about his new stuff he has acquired. That's a douche to say the least. Wow. I'm in disbelief.

Any idea how long it will take to get fixed? Have you gotten an estimate? Can you get insurance involved somehow and see if the guy can be held liable for the damage to your car?

At least you still have the 5AT to whip around haha Good luck with everything man. Keep us updated.
1. I think its in the shop getting fixed body wise im sure acura did the work already or it might be with them

2. he posted earlier 11xx.00 damage

3. doubt it cuz owner agreed to the MOD
Old 07-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts

Speechless...

What's the tab this time?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Eric, when you called me up the other night and told me the story, I had no idea it was this bad!! Wow dude, I am a loss for words. Justin needs at least two smacks in the mouth and I still wouldn't call it even. I hope all works out in the end. I'll give you a ring later.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
1. I think its in the shop getting fixed body wise im sure acura did the work already or it might be with them

2. he posted earlier 11xx.00 damage

3. doubt it cuz owner agreed to the MOD
1. True.

2. I thought that was for the butched brake job?

3. Ouch
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
the member in question is banned. You should know better than to support a person who's using AcuraZine to advertise without being an official vendor.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Good thing the so-called honda tech didn't tackle the navi install, the car probably caught on fire or something.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by astro
the member in question is banned. You should know better than to support a person who's using AcuraZine to advertise without being an official vendor.
Dayyyymn the MOD smackdown 4 life?? Astro
Old 07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
damn dude that is crazy .. this guy is an absolute JERK-OFF.. I'm with Allon on this one i would have been at his house smashing his face into his ugly ass car by now..but thats just me..lol
Old 07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Soon I will have

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Eric,
All I have to say is thank the good lord that you are alright and no one else was injured in this seriously f'ed incident. This dude needs to get slapped in the face like Jon said. I am not sure how you are not seeking this cat out knock him out. Gimme a shout if you need anything I am more than willing to help out. Once again, thank god you are ok.

Quick Reply: I made one hell of a mistake.