I done did something....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 05:47 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Tinted & other stuff...

It only took about 90 minutes, she said it would take about four hours, but they were not busy, and both ladys were working on it...

I stopped by Mike Whitely Honda, my go-to place for servicing... I inquired on the cost for service B4, which I expect to see within the next 3-15k miles... $999 for T-belt, tensioners, pulley, serpentine & drive belt, and water pump... And 250 for spark plugs... I'll also have the tranny done around that time...

Going to the Acura dealer in Ridgeland to get the radio code off the vin, and order a paint pen...
Old 06-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
Good luck with that, they will give you all kind of BS for how they need the radio serial number so on....

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-22-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
They shouldn't.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Null and proud of it

Mods I will do this upcoming week...

So, this week I'll be working on plasti dipping the front emblem... Black base coat with a sapphire blue pearlizer... I don't think I'll need the glossifier, I hope it holds up, but I'd figure a deep metallic blue would look nice with the silver... Also, I have a smoke plate cover to replace the clear one... I didn't care for the white plate look, looks odd on the CF look-alike plate area... Remember, I'm in MS, 10% of us have smoke over our plates, haha... It's not dark... I wouldn't put a dark one on it, just a slight gray look...

Also, the red rear market lights are killing me, I have the DEPO TypeS ones in the mail... I'm only doing the rear, I saw pictures, they look close enough to to the fronts, but if they bother me I'll change all of them... Staying optimistic here...

Also, I'll try a stab at that LED trunk light...

See y'all later!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
You going to try to do something about that dent on the rear left? A little hard to tell, but looks like it's on the fender only and not the door. Almost looks like the fender part could pop out but there's a crease in the lip. I bet a good body person could pop it out and get it looking much less noticeable for a few dollars.

Are you doing clear or smoked for the rear markers? I think smoked would look nicer than clear; could probably just pop them out and hit them with some NightShades spray.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Null and proud of it

I plastidiped the front emblem black+blue pearlizer+gloss... P.S.- Pearlizer is meant to be used in extreme moderation or you'll end up with a ghay periwinkle blue... I wanted it to resemble the blue on the gauges and my keychain... Better than chrome for me!!! I'll redo it soon, didn't come out too good, if it still looks bad, I'll buy a used emblem, paint it like Obsidian Blue or Fathom Blue out of a rattle can, and have a shop install in new emblem when I have the fogs done...

I also installed DEPO TypeS rear sidemarkers, look pretty good!!!

And the smoke cover over the plate, which I love... Kinda feel like I should get a CF looking one until I debadge it, just I have "TL" on the back twice...

I wonder how much PDR can do for that dent, it was there when I got it...

Guys, is that car supposed to have some torque, I know it's not much, but damn, thinking I need a serious tune up... Well, I'm at 103K...

The RDX hit 199K the other day... New tie rods, tie ends, sway ends and torque rods going in tomorrow...

Go check out my thread "Just an", it was supposed to be "Just an update on the RDX"...

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-05-2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Nice work.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
A honda having torque?

would be nice.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by Mizouse
A honda having torque?

would be nice.
Well... What I mean is the RDX feels like a rocket compared to the TL, which has a momentary advantage off the line...

I know I need spark plugs, may have them done soon.... I timed 0-60 in about 7.7 seconds... Should be like 6.3, I can't even spin the tires... But after 3.5-4K RPMs, it's fast like the RDX, well, guess that's what I get for wanting a Honda...

It's not really a big deal... A Honda with torque would be nice... Hmm... Maybe I should check out a Lexus IS350 for future plans.... But I'm enjoying the TL now... Got a PDR quote today... Atleast 4hours, drilling a hole in the door jamb (above kick plate) and about $325, that's just one shop, also not my biggest priority...

Picked up my paint pen today, Acura of Jackson still has those two NSXs in the showroom... Also, my local Honda dealer has a new Civic SI, not bad for 23K... 1.5T 6 speed, 205hp... That should be fun!!!

I've already put over 750 miles on the TL, tomorrow will make a month since I got it... I'm really enjoying this car compared to the 850 miles I put on the Camry in over three months...
Old 07-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Nice work.
Thank you!!! I'm thinking of getting a lip spoiler next!!!
Old 07-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
You going to try to do something about that dent on the rear left? A little hard to tell, but looks like it's on the fender only and not the door. Almost looks like the fender part could pop out but there's a crease in the lip. I bet a good body person could pop it out and get it looking much less noticeable for a few dollars.

Are you doing clear or smoked for the rear markers? I think smoked would look nicer than clear; could probably just pop them out and hit them with some NightShades spray.
Wow, just seeing this... I got a price quote for $325 and a 1/2 days labor... He said he'll drill a hole in the inner door jamb next to the dent... He said the slight crease to the rear of the dent would be a little tricky... I'm going to see a place in my town, which is an hour south of where this guy was... But he was nice about it...

I dod dos the smoke markers, I really like them... They're so bright at night, and we're very easy to change... They're a little "blacker" than the front, but it isn't hardly noticeable from more than 10 feet away...

The RDX is not really fixed, the new sway ends, tie ends, and rear torque rods did NOT fix the problem... Acura dealer in NOLA claimed these were bad, and we had our loyal Honda dealer order the parts and install them without looking first, don't trust Acura (NOLA) diagnostics...

I have a thump or clunk when I turn the wheel sharply primary pulling into or backing out of a parking space.... Typically to the right, but also when I back out to the right, swinging left... I also have a shimmy above 65 mph, but it may be gone, haven't tried it yet....

I still ill have a constant faint clicking out of the front passenger side when going over any roughy spots at any speeds...

Also, I had an alignment done, but it seems to want to pull slight my right (new)...

Also, the steering is still very light, but maybe slightly tighter than it was...

Please, put in a suggestion if y'all have anything... I'm thinking CV joint? Or strut mount...

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-12-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Merged Posts