HIN Charlotte plus mild modifications to the TL...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLboi
I love how the rear of the trunk goes down perfectly with the a-spec rear center bracket.. compliments it real well, nice job man..
Thank you Sir. I wasn't sure how it would turn out but overall i'm happy with the result. I believe this mod would compliment the Greddy Evos nicely.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:33 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by ililillilillilil
the new rear looks great!!
did the drill holes match?
I must not have drilled the three holes in the bumper when i installed the original aspec kit, but this time i went ahead and drilled the three holes in order to make this type S version fit.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Inno
Car is so sick man. Gives me hope that I didn't screw up on buying the TLS. So, the Versus front bumper you have, did you just have the lip painted black, or is that an add on lip?
The black was just something i decided to have done to give it a little different look. I'm sure if i decided to leave that white it would work just fine. But there is also a carbon fiber splitter that is attached to the bottom of the bumper. So you have a type S?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the Evo.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Intermediate

Yeah I just picked up an 07 type S and am beginning to feel (due to lack of stuff available) that maybe I should have picked up the TSX. Plus that car is a little shorter and seems to look a little more sporty. It's lighter. Not to mention, everything under the sun is available for that motor.

I may start off by dropping in some new suspension, and picking up the Versus front. I'd like new exhaust, but I actually like the quad tips on the TL-S, so maybe I'll just pick up some new plumbing and keep the tips. Of course, a set of wheels will be mandatory. The factory 17s are disappointing, but at least they aren't too heavy.

I sure wouldn't mind FI, always loved the sound of the BOV, but I guess there aren't enough of us guys who started with our civics and b16s and eventually grew up and got married etc. Not that everyone who owns this car is no longer 18, but probable stats.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
looks great eric!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Intermediate

I sure wouldn't mind FI, always loved the sound of the BOV, but I guess there aren't enough of us guys who started off by blowing up b16/18s and eventually grew up, got married, etc and needed a family sedan. Not that everyone who owns this car is no longer 18, but probable stats. Anyway, car bug hasn't left and would like to do something to this grocery getter. Either that, or I need to go pick up a shell and get started on something else. So any turbo kits for this baby? An FMIC showing through that versus front would be killer.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Yeah I just picked up an 07 type S and am beginning to feel (due to lack of stuff available) that maybe I should have picked up the TSX. Plus that car is a little shorter and seems to look a little more sporty. It's lighter. Not to mention, everything under the sun is available for that motor.

I may start off by dropping in some new suspension, and picking up the Versus front. I'd like new exhaust, but I actually like the quad tips on the TL-S, so maybe I'll just pick up some new plumbing and keep the tips. Of course, a set of wheels will be mandatory. The factory 17s are disappointing, but at least they aren't too heavy.

I sure wouldn't mind FI, always loved the sound of the BOV, but I guess there aren't enough of us guys who started with our civics and b16s and eventually grew up and got married etc. Not that everyone who owns this car is no longer 18, but probable stats.
The TL-S is much more of a car then the TSX... Correct choice getting the TL-S.

I better not say anymore.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

Correct choice? But there is almost nothing out there for it aftermarket? The 07 TL-S has no FI kits that I've found, maybe just a couple bolt ons, which means way more potential for far less on the TSX. Body kits are extremely lacking on the TL-S, which means mine has to look like everyone elses, and so on. If I'm wrong... please point me in the right directions. I hope I'm wrong. LOL!

Also, almost everything I find out there aftermarket says 04-06, what about 07s? Doesn't look like the car changes much to me.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Intermediate

PS... Sorry to thread jack... Anyway your car is sick man.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
The 07 TL-S has no FI kits that I've found.
CT makes a SC...in fact, ACCURATEin has it.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

For 07 TL-S?

Comptech Website says:
Supercharger Kit (04-06 TL)
$4,995.00
350-073

or

Supercharger Kit (02-03 TL-S Auto)
$4,495.00
350-062

This is exactly what I'm talking about... 07 TL-S seems to be left out of almost all mods (what little there even is).
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For 07 TL-S?

This is exactly what I'm talking about... 07 TL-S seems to be left out of almost all mods (what little there even is).
There are a lot of things that fit on the 07 type s that are not listed on company's websites. You may have to be a bit creative in making things fit dead on. And you have to be patient, it takes a lone time after a car comes out for aftermarket things to be produced for it.

At least you've got an RL engine and Mugen plays with the RL engine. Some 04-06 3.2 items fit on your 3.5 as well.

you will def have to call up the manufacturer directly to see what parts fit.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
There are a lot of things that fit on the 07 type s that are not listed on company's websites.
Exactly. There's not much difference between the 04-07 TL and the TL-S. However, calling a manufacturer is pretty pointless...they all say "we haven't tested it, so we don't know"...just look around here to see if it's been done...plenty of TL-S's with CAI's, but no one makes a CAI for a 07 TL-S...and if it hasn't been done, step up and be the first.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Intermediate

Thanks guys for the help. A CAI, A-spec body kit which every member has, and a set of springs is far from what I plan to mod though. I guess I'm used to having every mod under the sun available (endless differentiating possibilities), and have done too much to past cars. So it's frustrating me that the TL has jack available.

Hey, Drag is in NoHo. They wanted to do a turbo kit for my IS, but I decided against them. Maybe I'll see if they want to make a kit for the TL! :o)

I just love the sound of a BOV!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM
tehLEGOman

Thanks guys for the help. A CAI, A-spec body kit which every member has, and a set of springs is far from what I plan to mod though. I guess I'm used to having every mod under the sun available (endless differentiating possibilities), and have done too much to past cars. So it's frustrating me that the TL has jack available.

Hey, Drag is in NoHo. They wanted to do a turbo kit for my IS, but I decided against them. Maybe I'll see if they want to make a kit for the TL! :o)

I just love the sound of a BOV!!!
Sounds like you've got the mod bug like me. And you're right there is not an entire assembly line of aftermarket goodies available for this TL, which sort of makes it fun to modify because it forces you to stretch your imagination and figure out other possible options. The 03 Honda Accord shares a lot of the same parts, mostly the suspension components.

I checked the Versus Motorsports website and it says there is a front bumper available in stock so you should definitely look into that. It's only $299 plus shipping so its hard to pass it up. By the way what color is your Type S?

What all did you have done to your IS300?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 PM
tehLEGOman

Does anybody dare me to be a guinea pig and test this Hope Systems Air-to-Water Intercooler on the J32A4. It's intended for use on the J32A2...not sure how different the two motors are, but i feel it's possible to make it work. There's one for sale in the private sales and trades section.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice AccuraTein. I love the takata's. Looks like you had alot of fun at the show. We make our HIN debut with the RL this weekend, can't wait
Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Intermediate

ACCURATE... that's exactly it... gotta pave the way... I've had all kinds of project cars... Started off with my first car, a 550rwhp Mustang (84 LX, light and crazy fast). That car tweaked the unibody when it launched. 19 years old and that much power = didn't last long. Had a juiced Probe which was a sleeper, a juiced del sol with a swap which made 12s gutted on slicks. Had a turbo civic...blew up a couple motors in that one. hehehe. The IS300 was blown, and had all the usual bolt ons. Would have loved to swap in the 2JZ, but out of the budget. Next was a G35 coupe, which again had all the usual bolt ons, and I was thinking about supercharging that one too. Instead, I sold it so I could have my 20% down when buying my house. Sad to think it only gave me 5%, but thats what I was missing.

Now I have the TL-S (SSM.. Wanted White, but the G was white and tried something else, which I'm regretting too) and the house. Funny thing is, right now I feel like my wifes car is cooler. She is driving an FX35, and I really love it. I've only done audio/video mods in her car so far. That's all shes gettin too! Although I'm always tempted to slap some ProKits and 22s on there. LOL!

Anyway... So my thoughts for the TL-S.... Thinking about Versus Front... A-Spec rear (don't have too many options here), wouldn't mind Tein EDFC setup, but will probably start with some H-Techs and upgrade later when my stock struts go. (The decisions you make when you get a mortgage I guess... LOL). I haven't decided on wheels yet, but I'm scouring the internet, and messing with photoshop. I'm sure some sort of Volk. Would be nice to be RWD and able to slap on a wheel with a nice big lip like my DPE's on my G. Oh well. Next year will be FI, out of the budget for this year. I'd really like an intercooled SC so I could go BOV. Turbos are great, but I haven't personally had the best of luck with them. Of course, I have a bit of a boost addiction though too. It's fun (and $$$) finding the limits of motors. Hahaha!

We will see.... I've been eyeing a few Del Sols for sale. Would love to build another one of those... Dying to swap a K24 into one. Just don't know if my wife will like parking her car out of the garage while I do it.

So that's the dilemma... build a project car up, or build the TL-S. Of course, both would be better.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Intermediate

Oh yeah go figure... I can get a supercharger for my wifes SUV, but there isn't one for my Type-S.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Does anybody dare me to be a guinea pig and test this Hope Systems Air-to-Water Intercooler on the J32A4. It's intended for use on the J32A2...not sure how different the two motors are, but i feel it's possible to make it work. There's one for sale in the private sales and trades section.
go for it!!! thanks for posting pics by the way. man, i've run out of compliments for your ride, eric. it's like the super model of tl's. it's seen more photoshoots than tyra banks!

by the way, i picked up the july issue of honda tuning - still no ua6?

also, i should be in charlotte for good by the end of august ... time for some friendly competition ...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 PM
i R shehmir

Hey ACCURATEin, i was just wondering where you got your carbon fiber hood from and where did you mouth your Takata's on to? on the back of the seat or into the ground?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Touge
Very nice AccuraTein. I love the takata's. Looks like you had alot of fun at the show. We make our HIN debut with the RL this weekend, can't wait
Thank you sir, indeed it was a good time. Your NY show was probably a lot more fun considering the amount of acura's that were in attendance.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
tehLEGOman

ACCURATE... that's exactly it... gotta pave the way... I've had all kinds of project cars... Started off with my first car, a 550rwhp Mustang (84 LX, light and crazy fast). That car tweaked the unibody when it launched. 19 years old and that much power = didn't last long. Had a juiced Probe which was a sleeper, a juiced del sol with a swap which made 12s gutted on slicks. Had a turbo civic...blew up a couple motors in that one. hehehe. The IS300 was blown, and had all the usual bolt ons. Would have loved to swap in the 2JZ, but out of the budget. Next was a G35 coupe, which again had all the usual bolt ons, and I was thinking about supercharging that one too. Instead, I sold it so I could have my 20% down when buying my house. Sad to think it only gave me 5%, but thats what I was missing.

Now I have the TL-S (SSM.. Wanted White, but the G was white and tried something else, which I'm regretting too) and the house. Funny thing is, right now I feel like my wifes car is cooler. She is driving an FX35, and I really love it. I've only done audio/video mods in her car so far. That's all shes gettin too! Although I'm always tempted to slap some ProKits and 22s on there. LOL!

Anyway... So my thoughts for the TL-S.... Thinking about Versus Front... A-Spec rear (don't have too many options here), wouldn't mind Tein EDFC setup, but will probably start with some H-Techs and upgrade later when my stock struts go. (The decisions you make when you get a mortgage I guess... LOL). I haven't decided on wheels yet, but I'm scouring the internet, and messing with photoshop. I'm sure some sort of Volk. Would be nice to be RWD and able to slap on a wheel with a nice big lip like my DPE's on my G. Oh well. Next year will be FI, out of the budget for this year. I'd really like an intercooled SC so I could go BOV. Turbos are great, but I haven't personally had the best of luck with them. Of course, I have a bit of a boost addiction though too. It's fun (and $$$) finding the limits of motors. Hahaha!

We will see.... I've been eyeing a few Del Sols for sale. Would love to build another one of those... Dying to swap a K24 into one. Just don't know if my wife will like parking her car out of the garage while I do it.

So that's the dilemma... build a project car up, or build the TL-S. Of course, both would be better.
Of course i will tell you to modify the TL-S because I love the TL so much. I'm waiting to see a versus front on someone else's TL besides mine. I've seen it on two other TLs, (the red TL which was the supercharger test car, and an anthracite but his bumper is RIP due to some chair on the interstate that he ran over).
Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by godfather2
go for it!!! thanks for posting pics by the way. man, i've run out of compliments for your ride, eric. it's like the super model of tl's. it's seen more photoshoots than tyra banks!

by the way, i picked up the july issue of honda tuning - still no ua6?

also, i should be in charlotte for good by the end of august ... time for some friendly competition ...
Thanks for the words Vinny! I guess you can say i love the car...haha. And as far as the Honda Tuning feature goes, I believe he's waiting to get some updated shots of the car because it looks different now and doesn't want to put the old pictures in the magazine. But they did feature the 5zigen EuroR accord and Spoon Legend which is holding my patience.

And thats right you're moving to the Charlotte area right? Let me know when you're here. Not sure how much you're into driving around but you're welcome to come hang out with the car guys on the weekends. My friends will probably be intrigued by your TSX.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by shehmir9
Hey ACCURATEin, i was just wondering where you got your carbon fiber hood from and where did you mouth your Takata's on to? on the back of the seat or into the ground?
The hood was purchased off ebay from a company called Custom Carbons and the shoulder straps are mounted on the frame of the base of the seat underneath. The correct mounting point would be in the back seat which is possible if you take out the back seat.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Time to Climb

^^ i'm always down for a cruise
Old 07-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by godfather2
^^ i'm always down for a cruise
Definately holla when you get to NC , Im there occassionally visiting the family and get bored in the sticks.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Time to Climb

^ done
Old 07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Time to Climb

eric, clear your inbox
Old 07-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

do you know if 04~06 AEM intake would fit on 07 type-s?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Time to Climb

^ it should fit
Old 07-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Y'all better call me when this drive goes down...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Pizza4Everyone
do you know if 04~06 AEM intake would fit on 07 type-s?
More than likely yes.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:57 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Y'all better call me when this drive goes down...
Well maybe we should just organize an acura meet sometime.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM
B A N N E D

can i ask u guys something, how's the bodykit fitments? as in.. if i purchase a versus front, will it fit on a 07 type-s? also, how bout the 04 to 06 sideskirts, will they fit on the 07 as well?

sorry, im a mod freak and used to have an accord coupe slammed, full kit, 19 inch c5s and all.. but now imma pick up a tl this week
Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by as2222
can i ask u guys something, how's the bodykit fitments? as in.. if i purchase a versus front, will it fit on a 07 type-s? also, how bout the 04 to 06 sideskirts, will they fit on the 07 as well?

sorry, im a mod freak and used to have an accord coupe slammed, full kit, 19 inch c5s and all.. but now imma pick up a tl this week
Welcome to acurazine! The versus kit should fit on a typeS with no problem. I suppose the most difficult part of installing it would be the relocation/mounting of the lower fog lights. The sideskirts should also fit with ease, but aren't necessary...the a-spec sides will probably fit better and look the same...the only difference is the versus is a one piece sideskirt.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:56 AM
*03 TL Type S*

damn thats a nice TL
Old 07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
B A N N E D

hey thanks a lot man. been here selling a lot of accord parts and such but never actually talked on the forum. lol. o yea, i have a comptech sway bar from my 2003 accord, that's swappable with the TL correct?

btw.. ur shit is sick
Old 07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by 03 TL TypeS
damn thats a nice TL
haha thanks i tried.

Quick Reply: HIN Charlotte plus mild modifications to the TL...