Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Flagship Aspec

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
BE different man! I got a lunchbox just like yours, ssm though
Old 06-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
EK took about 5 years to build to its current state. However, Im not planning to go as crazy on the TL since it will be a daily driver. Ek was more nice weather car only... a garage queen if u will.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 127 Posts
can't wait to see the finishing touches on the tl in person
Old 06-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
i like grill matching car color... i probably do that with my abp... really like it...

Old 06-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good job on your previous car!, Im sure the TL will come out just as nice. with the green already gone it looks better already!..LOL!...Ignore that little punk DPAT, its not worth it. Unfortunately you will see alot of people that act like that around here. They type a big game but when confronted in person i assure you their tone is a little different. keep up the good work!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Justin's

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by heishin2
MissTL - I bought the wheels off 98JDMCL Ill rock it with pride.
As for the build Ill keep posting as I make changes.

You hold a great rep in the GTA car scene. Im glad these wheels went to a good person. They look great.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Advanced

I was rocking TEMP plates for the past few days till I got a few things done. Now it got proper plates. I also, Raised car up a bit, Got Safety, Emission test and Alignment.
---------------------
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM
-Brandon

Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts
Lookin' good boss! Once the mirrors are gone, you will be golden.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,007 Likes on 14,511 Posts
A little higher up, especially once you get the side skirts...was probably a good idea. Low is great, but low AND driveable take the cake.

Dpat...I thought you were kidding with that post. You couldn't have done anything more than look at the pictures in the first post. He specifically made a joke about the fact that he wasn't drunk when he bought the car because of some moronic posts in another thread. You're young enough to have had to take FCATs to get out of school...use them skills!

Anyway, I think my car is a little "cookie cutter" too, but oh well, I still get a slight chubby when I look back at it after parking. Lower, window visors, aspec kit, wheels, tint...

Heishin, coming from experience on this...I promise you, with your skill, patience and level of modding expertise, you can CERTAINLY whoop up that condensation without getting new lights. Pull em, or do something to them (no shortage of ideas on here) maybe clear USR diffusers...CF in em...paint the projector trim ring? Then clean out the crappy sealant job previous dude likely did...and then reseal well and before putting back on the car...use a garden hose taped to a shopvac reducer and a blowdryer to run hot NON humid air through them for 10 minutes each side. If you get a LITTLE condensation in the weeks to follow when it rains or it's cold out...don't fret...it's part of the process of the lights getting acclimated to having been opened again. I PROMISE...I went around in circles on this a bunch of times and finally have it down.

J.

PS. The EK...that's not blaze orange is it? NICE WORK!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rockstar143
PS. The EK...that's not blaze orange is it? NICE WORK!
EK is Sunset Orange Pearl from a 2003 Element.

Originally Posted by UA6~RBP
Lookin' good boss! Once the mirrors are gone, you will be golden.
Been experimenting on them...Hoepfully Ill have em covered soon.

Originally Posted by 98JDMCL
You hold a great rep in the GTA car scene. Im glad these wheels went to a good person. They look great.
Im sure Ill see you around!

Originally Posted by Papayon
Good job on your previous car!, Im sure the TL will come out just as nice. with the green already gone it looks better already!..LOL!...Ignore that little punk DPAT, its not worth it. Unfortunately you will see alot of people that act like that around here. They type a big game but when confronted in person i assure you their tone is a little different. keep up the good work!
Originally Posted by cpm06wdptl
^^^ I remember when I had my first beer. If you wouldn't say it to someones face then don't come on the forum and start talking shit. You're a disgrace to Acura owners everywhere. Op I'm in for the build. Good luck and good progress so far
Couldnt even e-thug on line when called out. Then he had to make a new account just to troll. People have way too much time on their hands when they dont have to work hard a day in their life.

Originally Posted by tc5280
BE different man! I got a lunchbox just like yours, ssm though
I love the element. Its my 2nd one. After my first E was given back after the lease I said Id own another one some day. Got it at a great deal and I coudnt pass it up.

Originally Posted by missTL
Haha - sorry I didnt come to officially meet you! Anyways, welcome to the TL community! I am sure we will meet sometime soon.
Im sure...specially since I know how ur car and your plates look like. Ill make sure to wave or honk if spotted.

Originally Posted by KN.TL06
I don't think dpat really read your post I think he thinks you did all the neon green work to the car yourself haha but like your original post said you're takin all that shit off. And looking a the hatch this car should be a really interesting build
Originally Posted by jwr0ng626
you're headed in the right direction! your civic is nicely done... don't listen to the haters. If its not constructive criticism, its a useless post
Originally Posted by ibtrue2my04TL
From the looks of what you did on your previous build-with all that time and effort, your TL will be smokin' for sure....
Originally Posted by Genedog
Well i am interested in seeing what you do to the TL after looking at the transformation of the hatch..
Originally Posted by chaqui74
I see good potential here.... Keep it up!
Originally Posted by GoldenShoes
Judging by the build of your Ek and the abundance of high-quality parts used on it, i feel that you'll turn the TL into a work of art.
Thanks ya'll.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Advanced

Before and Afters:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Old 06-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by YMCMB TYPE-S
Dpat man(kid) you sound like a little computer thug…bet any money u wouldn't disrespect anyone like that to there face about there car and op I give u credit on that EK build don't pay attention to the kid were not all like that keep us posted on the BUILD…
eh.. this is a forum and like steven said i am entitled to my own opinion and i gave it, sorry OP it was a bit harsh. And as for you, your name is YMCMB... enough said.
Originally Posted by Redsand353
care to enlighten us of what this dude is doing wrong??
The car was purchased with ugly taste, if that clears things up for you.

OP I like how you've removed all the "ugly" mods that the owner before you did. I personally think you should stance that bitch out!

Also, I apologize for the disrespect.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 PM

I think the progress thus far is very awesome.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:55 PM
2004 TL SSM w/NAVI

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
looks like a different car already, good job
Old 06-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dpat are u saying my name is as lame as ur car.....? If so ok no problem and my name might represents what I am ever thought of that nough said
Old 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Racer

Dpat are u saying my name is as lame as ur car.....? If so ok no problem and my name might represents what I am ever thought of that nough said
lol your name represents how lame, unoriginal and gay you are.... nothing more... nothing less. U reppin' YMCMB brah?

This is my last post. sorry for hi-jacking ur thread.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Dpat
lol your name represents how lame, unoriginal and gay you are.... nothing more... nothing less. U reppin' YMCMB brah?

This is my last post. sorry for hi-jacking ur thread.
Damn bro, Someone needs to get laid!

OP good luck on staying with "mild" mods on the TL. I originally got the TL to be my daily driver, less than a year later I bought a beater as a daily, stanced out the TL, and keep it in the garage. Great job on unmodding so far, can't wait to see where you go from here. Love the EK! Super dope!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
way better man
Old 06-25-2012, 07:02 AM

Ironically, the more I see the way you bought car...the more I liked it. It's different...
Some spacers and it would have been pretty unique!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:14 AM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
^yeah, but like most of us, we cant leave anything in "stock" form. we always had you modify things to make them are own (even if previosly modified when we bought them).

I even modified my sons power wheels with leds and strobe controller for the police lights effect. spent a good two days on it (i think I have more fun with it than he does).

back on topic...cant wait to see what else your plans are for this car heishin.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Advanced

Im toying with the idea of wrapping the car but still undecided on a color. I work for an automotive wrapping company so Im not scared of falling short on material as well as help. Any suggestions in color? Matte Black or Matte White Maybe? Ill photoshop some ideas together.

I want to go lower but will do so when I get new wheels and save the fitment of height, camber and stance when it finally happens. Hoping to stay in the 18" wheel range but 19 if a deal comes up will certainly be entertained. Its a daily driver because my civic is a bitch and gets me paranoid when I take her out.

DPat: no worries man! Just wanted to make sure peeps understood that I didnt do that to this car...just not me.

Rstar: I was a bit iffy of keeping the car as is. Its definately not me but I could have tolerated it. Got it for a hella cheap price but was a little scared that it might come with some history behind it. Had a few "hate" vandalism on it (hence the price) so...just wanted to change her up in case it followed me.

Thanks for the kind words from all and obviously all constructive criticism, Ill keep ya'll posted.

Last edited by heishin2; 06-25-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Anytime, man...

I feel ya on the history following the car thing. There is a matte black and a matte white tl somewhere on AZ, can't remember who they are, but you can get a good idea.

J.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Advanced

Dpat I'd love to meet u in person....il run into u at a meet in NJ
Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Racer

Dpat I'd love to meet u in person....il run into u at a meet in NJ
HAHAHA i know i said i wouldn't comment any further, but the bold claims about talking shit online... hypocrite. but yet a tough guy

look for me in the Maybach Music T-shirt. More reason to fight, since you apart of ymcmb
Old 06-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dpat
I see i've inspired you to throw up a nice rant about your previous beaters and current cars.. good job ...with that being said are the green mirrors gone?

i didn't notice... you did some research for this rant.. i mean what i said was basically true, your car is a disgrace to acura, and as for all the beaters you've owned previously nobody really cares.. even if this is an acura forum. those are cars are as good as my lil bro's hot wheels chilln in his closet honestly. Rarely have i seen teggys & hatches done up right. most are booty and "multi-colored" just like you had your TL. I'm not cocky, and i dont think my car is hotter than anybody elses unless you've got monster green mirrors and wheels to match. But, im just being real... when i see a car thats done wrong, most people are thinking it but have more generosity to say nothing. Everybody was thinking it, i said it. and if they weren't thinking it, look at their whips....
to each their own but u need to stfu now.

as for disgrace to acura... who of acura are you talking about lol.. there's people here who like it.. some who don't. but that's it.

I think it's something different which isn't bad. the rims are nice.. the rear view mirrors I'd have to see it in person.. lol

that hatchback is SSIIIICK tho
Old 06-26-2012, 06:38 PM

dang, internet throwdown...count me in.

NOT.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 127 Posts
keep up the good work the car is coming along nicely
Old 06-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Advanced

Kid where u get ur info from MMG & YMCMB have problems....? No bold claims here
Old 07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
9th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
im gonna bump this up. nice TL man i was actually looking at that car when it was on kijiji when i was in the market for a TL the color scheme scared me away lol. but good for you for transforming her. i was hanging around your EK at battleground last year and have seen it on TAC. when youre free Thursday nights come out to ERTEFA me and a buddy of mine run that meet. come with TL, civic, or the Element anything is welcome =)
Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Old 07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Funny Thread. I like where this is going heishin2. I also had a 97 EK coupe with a fully built B20vtec. Project ended though because I cant get enough of owning a TL soon!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
Progress looks great! Did you end up tossing away the green roof spoiler? If not, you could've always color matched it to the rest of the car and put it back on.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bankz
keep up the good work the car is coming along nicely
Thank you!

Originally Posted by sinaa
im gonna bump this up. nice TL man i was actually looking at that car when it was on kijiji when i was in the market for a TL the color scheme scared me away lol. but good for you for transforming her. i was hanging around your EK at battleground last year and have seen it on TAC. when youre free Thursday nights come out to ERTEFA me and a buddy of mine run that meet. come with TL, civic, or the Element anything is welcome =)
Make me an offer on the car... Cert and Etested now hahah! Wow battleground... I was actually in talks with Mike to trade my EK plus cash for his car but we lost communication. One of the guys from JDMR took the deal tho. Seemed like a nice car. Ive been meaning to swing by Ertefa, my friends swing by there all the time. Fully wrapped flat gunmetal GS with ADV1 wheels and fully wrapped 8th Gen civic (brown) with Volk CE's. Ill swing by one day.

Originally Posted by Sargy
Funny Thread. I like where this is going heishin2. I also had a 97 EK coupe with a fully built B20vtec. Project ended though because I cant get enough of owning a TL soon!
Threds been bastardized but funny as hell. I just click on here for a good laugh. Nothing new with the car just driving it and fixing up the little stuff here and there for daily driving.

Originally Posted by DaeHanMeenGuk
Progress looks great! Did you end up tossing away the green roof spoiler? If not, you could've always color matched it to the rest of the car and put it back on.
I just put the spoiler aside for now. Its gonna get wrapped when the whole car gets a make over.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Paint the upper grille piece and lower grill piece body color too. I did it to me AM TL when I had it and I loved it a lot.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
cant we all just get a long

good work man, keep doing what you do
Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Advanced

Just updating the build thread.

Lowed a bit and new tints.
Shocks are blown and need new ones.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Nice shots-why don't you use the first pic as your Avatar!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
Coming along very nicely. I respect you for ignoring the negative and ignorant things that are being posted in here. Anyways, keep it up man!

On the side note: Look at Mr. You-Should-Use-Your-Pic-As-Your-Avatar. What about you? Why didn't you change your avatar to one of the picture of your ride?!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Nope....no changes-Blue Angels insignia forever.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Nice shots-why don't you use the first pic as your Avatar!
Done Sir...thanks for the idea.

Originally Posted by StiCkY~RiCe
Coming along very nicely. I respect you for ignoring the negative and ignorant things that are being posted in here. Anyways, keep it up man!
Hey man, unless they are paying for my car/parts...they can say all they want.

Quick Reply: Heishin2's TL Build.