Heishin2's TL Build.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Heishin2's TL Build.

Thought Id share a few pics and info on my newly acquired car and its build in progress.

To Start off...
I picked this up as is a week or so ago. No I was not drunk...just thinking of the possibilities.

Sat in the driveway for a few days due to lack of time.

My other cars along for a photo opp.

Finally got it on the road and decided to work on it at work tonight.
Took off the Tow hook, Neon Green Roof Spoiler, All the stickers and Neon Green Ap2 V1 wheels. Mirrors will be wrapped or painted... havent decided yet.

She currently sit like this as of tonight.

Still have to play with the height a bit but its too late and Im tired as hell. Perhaps tomorrow then off to get an alignment. But Im lovin the tucked look.

Ill update as I go along.

Thanks for viewing.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:02 AM
//C A M B E Я G A И G\\

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Ertefa tomorrow?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Advanced

^ Maybe with my EK ^
Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 AM
//C A M B E Я G A И G\\

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Sweet! Come say hi if you go. I'm coming from Hamilton with a few cars. DoNt know many tl drivers.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
lookin better already man. saw your post the other day with people hatin'. its all about the plans not the present. if you want a cheap fix for those mirrors maybe plasti dip for the mean time?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
its getting there

How about the aspec side skirts?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Advanced

*mirrors will either be plastidipped or wrapped. I work for a vinyl wraping company...just gotta find more time haha

*sideskirts are a must but it didnt come with the damn car. ill get them eventually.

*headlights are hazing so might need a new set and might as well get new tails too.

*haters are gonna hate. they prolly paid more for their wheels and suspension set up than I did for this whole car!

Last edited by heishin2; 06-14-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 AM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by heishin2

*headlights are hazing so might need a new set and might as well get new tails too.
try wetsanding, then polishing them first before getting new ones. you would be amazed at the differnce it could make IMO

if you need more info PM me or visit the detailing forums on here
Old 06-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Advanced

^ Sorry didnt mean hazing...I meant im getting retarded condensation inside. Previous owner decided to open it and take out the ambers and didnt seal them properly. That being said, I can open it again, clean it up and reseal but I heard that doesnt work either.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:13 AM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
I actually liked the way the s2k wheels looked on your TL. Can't say I care for the color, but there was some potential there. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
what a weird matching bro. but still looking like exotic. looks good man but the combination is kind of crazy... but like it tho
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
still think you were a bit drunk when u bought this car...not imaginative, and if that's the word than your imagination is similar to a preadolescent hood rat
Old 06-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Advanced

^ I see no reason for someone like you who, if that car on your avatar is yours, can talk about lack of or no imagination when all you are really rocking is a cookie cutter TL... and if for some reason the car is NOT yours, then your imagination goes only as far as someone elses idea.

Please, if you are going to hate or criticize, please make sure you have something thats going to impress me cause other wise you are the only one here who is giving criticism but not the constructive type.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Kool Good decisions on the Yellow stuff

Much better already
Congrats
WOW she is slammed.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Racer

^ I see no reason for someone like you who, if that car on your avatar is yours, can talk about lack of or no imagination when all you are really rocking is a cookie cutter TL... and if for some reason the car is NOT yours, then your imagination goes only as far as someone elses idea.

Please, if you are going to hate or criticize, please make sure you have something thats going to impress me cause other wise you are the only one here who is giving criticism but not the constructive type.
I wasn't trying to criticize your car if i were to criticize it i would tell you remove the illest sticker, get ur car back to one color, and get rid of those rims and that includes the new ones too.
your car is a disgrace to not only this forum, but to acura as a company.

But... I appreciate the comments about my car, as if you have any room to talk.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
2004 TL SSM w/NAVI

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
this kid is 19^^^^ F.O.

car looks way better, like the chrome stockies you don't see them much. off to a good start....
Old 06-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
whats up dude

finally made a thread
Old 06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
I like turtles

Received 139 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Dpat
I wasn't trying to criticize your car if i were to criticize it i would tell you remove the illest sticker, get ur car back to one color, and get rid of those rims and that includes the new ones too.
care to enlighten us of what this dude is doing wrong??
Old 06-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys, everyone needs to dial it down a notch-before this gets out of hand.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This needs to be done without name calling. If we can't do that, this thread will be closed and summer vacations will be handed out to non-conformers.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
05_NBP_TL (06-15-2012), JD TL-S (06-15-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Advanced

Wink

But... I appreciate the comments about my car, as if you have any room to talk.
Remember kid, everyone has a staring point just like you did. Although this is my first TL this is definitely not my first build. I would put you and what you think you've acheived with your almighty car to shame with the amount of mods I've done with my past cars so I dont understand why you insist that I bought the car with the intentions of keeping it that way?

If you paid any attention to the thread (which i can see you havent) this is what you call a build thread. The reason why they call it a build thread is because I want to get my hands on actually working on the car to build it to my specs...not yours...MINE and not just pay someone to do it and blame them when something bad happens like my wheels falling off

Now if you paid attention to what Ive done, you would see that the illest sticker, the tow hook, all the decals and lime green wheels are all gone! The mirrors will be taken care of but I think it was good progress for one days worth of work.

Now, you come on my thread and you say you are not criticizing my car and yet in the same breath say that its a disgrace to this forum and acura as a company? Why is it a disgrace? Is it because its previous appearance doesnt meet your approval? Its a disgrace because Im slowly trying to build it? Or is it a disgrace because the previous owner tried to be different and you feel that you can put the blame on me? The sad part about this is that it just shows, just because you own a TL or TL-S doesnt mean you have class and if you are any reflection of how TL owners are, Id rather just sell my ride cause I wouldnt want to be associated with you. If you ask me, its you who's a disgrace to this forum.

Remember this buddy... at the end of the day... YOU OWN A HONDA...TYPE S

And just for the record, IM CALLING YOU OUT to put an end to your rambling because this is your idea of building a car...bought by mommy and daddy.
Aspec lip kit - Bought and installed with a few screws!
Suspension - Installed by someone else and blamed when the wheels fell off.
BBS Wheels - All you need is money (IF THEY ARE EVEN REAL)

This is mine:
First day bought

Got my new BYS front

Body shop for a new color

New look

New wheels

Redid the bay

Doing a wire tuck with new mounts, headers, intake, rad

Audio finished and installed

Tired of low offset..lets do MUGEN Wheels

Tired of BYS front...Lets do OEM

Tired of Red valve cover, lets polish em. Tired of Carbon Kevlar intake... lets do ARC.

Tired of Recaro seats...Lets Mugen it up

DO I STILL HAVE THIS CAR??? YES I DO. Just in case you call BS on me...all 3 rides with my Element too!

You couldnt not even begin to imagine the amount of research, blood, sweat and tears I put into this car. Im very confident of my ability to put a decent car together...what would make you think I need ANY TYPE of advice from you?

My.02
/Rant

MODS: If u feel the need to close this thread and or evict me from the forums because I needed to rebut a post... by all means do so. I mean no malice, but as a new member in a community that I heard nothing but good things about and to come on here and feel singled out by one member in numerous threads, I couldnt help but put a reply like this together. If you decide to keep me on, please dont delete this thread or any replies in it. Members, specially new ones should not be put in a position where a reply like this was needed just to shut someone up.

Last edited by heishin2; 06-14-2012 at 11:06 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by heishin2:
filipinoooy (08-31-2012), JD TL-S (06-15-2012), Papayon (06-18-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Old 06-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Word up heishin, that kid has his nose stuck in the air, but I'm excited to see what you're going to do to this car cause that hatch is cleeeeeeeeaaaan
Old 06-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Racer

I see i've inspired you to throw up a nice rant about your previous beaters and current cars.. good job ...with that being said are the green mirrors gone?

i didn't notice... you did some research for this rant.. i mean what i said was basically true, your car is a disgrace to acura, and as for all the beaters you've owned previously nobody really cares.. even if this is an acura forum. those are cars are as good as my lil bro's hot wheels chilln in his closet honestly. Rarely have i seen teggys & hatches done up right. most are booty and "multi-colored" just like you had your TL. I'm not cocky, and i dont think my car is hotter than anybody elses unless you've got monster green mirrors and wheels to match. But, im just being real... when i see a car thats done wrong, most people are thinking it but have more generosity to say nothing. Everybody was thinking it, i said it. and if they weren't thinking it, look at their whips....

Last edited by Dpat; 06-15-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 PM
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thought Id share a few pics and info on my newly acquired car and its build in progress.

To Start off...
I picked this up as is a week or so ago. No I was not drunk...just thinking of the possibilities.

Sat in the driveway for a few days due to lack of time.

My other cars along for a photo opp.

Finally got it on the road and decided to work on it at work tonight.
Took off the Tow hook, Neon Green Roof Spoiler, All the stickers and Neon Green Ap2 V1 wheels. Mirrors will be wrapped or painted... havent decided yet.

She currently sit like this as of tonight.

Still have to play with the height a bit but its too late and Im tired as hell. Perhaps tomorrow then off to get an alignment. But Im lovin the tucked look.

Ill update as I go along.

Thanks for viewing.

nice rims
Old 06-15-2012, 04:19 PM
7th Gear

chrome i mean =)
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Advanced

Green mirrors are staying on since it annoys you.

At the end of the day, since yo have a real problem with with the way the car WAS done before I got a hold of it...Go talk to the previous owner and nag him and stop trashing my thread.

MissTL - Thanks for the compliment...U must have good taste hahah!
The following users liked this post:
Redsand353 (06-15-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dpat man(kid) you sound like a little computer thug…bet any money u wouldn't disrespect anyone like that to there face about there car and op I give u credit on that EK build don't pay attention to the kid were not all like that keep us posted on the BUILD…
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
nice drop, I am not in for the green mirror taste IMO.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM
iWhine

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Nice pick up...and nice color (yes i'm biased)! Im in for the progression!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:14 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by missTL
nice rims
Green mirrors are staying on since it annoys you.

At the end of the day, since yo have a real problem with with the way the car WAS done before I got a hold of it...Go talk to the previous owner and nag him and stop trashing my thread.

MissTL - Thanks for the compliment...U must have good taste hahah!
Haha - sorry I didnt come to officially meet you! Anyways, welcome to the TL community! I am sure we will meet sometime soon.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Advanced

MissTL - I bought the wheels off 98JDMCL Ill rock it with pride.
As for the build Ill keep posting as I make changes.
The following users liked this post:
missTL (11-20-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Well i am interested in seeing what you do to the TL after looking at the transformation of the hatch..
Old 06-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
I see good potential here.... Keep it up!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Judging by the build of your Ek and the abundance of high-quality parts used on it, i feel that you'll turn the TL into a work of art.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
I see i've inspired you to throw up a nice rant about your previous beaters and current cars.. good job ...with that being said are the green mirrors gone?

i didn't notice... you did some research for this rant.. i mean what i said was basically true, your car is a disgrace to acura, and as for all the beaters you've owned previously nobody really cares.. even if this is an acura forum. those are cars are as good as my lil bro's hot wheels chilln in his closet honestly. Rarely have i seen teggys & hatches done up right. most are booty and "multi-colored" just like you had your TL. I'm not cocky, and i dont think my car is hotter than anybody elses unless you've got monster green mirrors and wheels to match. But, im just being real... when i see a car thats done wrong, most people are thinking it but have more generosity to say nothing. Everybody was thinking it, i said it. and if they weren't thinking it, look at their whips....

^^^ I remember when I had my first beer. If you wouldn't say it to someones face then don't come on the forum and start talking shit. You're a disgrace to Acura owners everywhere. Op I'm in for the build. Good luck and good progress so far
Old 06-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I don't think dpat really read your post I think he thinks you did all the neon green work to the car yourself haha but like your original post said you're takin all that shit off. And looking a the hatch this car should be a really interesting build
Old 06-16-2012, 04:18 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Sorry didnt mean hazing...I meant im getting retarded condensation inside. Previous owner decided to open it and take out the ambers and didnt seal them properly. That being said, I can open it again, clean it up and reseal but I heard that doesnt work either.
before you seal them up, drop silica in between the housing and the chrome face of the lights, and of course seal them up tight that way you dont have to worry about anymore of that water.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Advanced

^ Thanks for that tip... I never thought of silica.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
you're headed in the right direction! your civic is nicely done... don't listen to the haters. If its not constructive criticism, its a useless post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the looks of what you did on your previous build-with all that time and effort, your TL will be smokin' for sure....

Quick Reply: Heishin2's TL Build.