fog lights......but which brand and model?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005 | 12:21 PM
Banned

fog lights......but which brand and model?

i saw a few fog lights in wal mart the other day. there are some 3rd brands displayed. i was tempted to buy one since i hated the stock fog light bulbs. the picture looked decent on the package though. but wal-mart is well known for 'ghettoness'.....and i was thinking if i get those 3rd brand ones, my car would probably look ghetto with fog lights on. what brand and model should i get? any recommendation?
Old 10-29-2005 | 02:05 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

I personally think any brand (even PIAA) would look ghetto on the 3G unless you take the time to fully customize the lower grills to appear like the fog/grill combo came from the factory. The only way I can see that truly working out (and looking good) would be if you fiberglassed you own custom housings to fit perfectly into the contours of the bottom grill/bumper them reformed the existing bottom grill around that. Even then, I'm not even sure if that would block anything behind the bottom grill. It would be an awful lot of work for the redundancy of having 2 sets of fog lights if you took that road.

Anything less than that (in my book at least), would look slapped on/homemade. Plus, we already have fogs in the main light housing.

Do you want them for show only?

If you do end up adding in some fogs, please post some pics as I'm sure you're not the only one on this site who wants them. Pics may help others decide if they want them or not.
Old 10-29-2005 | 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scribesoft
I personally think any brand (even PIAA) would look ghetto on the 3G unless you take the time to fully customize the lower grills to appear like the fog/grill combo came from the factory. The only way I can see that truly working out (and looking good) would be if you fiberglassed you own custom housings to fit perfectly into the contours of the bottom grill/bumper them reformed the existing bottom grill around that. Even then, I'm not even sure if that would block anything behind the bottom grill. It would be an awful lot of work for the redundancy of having 2 sets of fog lights if you took that road.

Anything less than that (in my book at least), would look slapped on/homemade. Plus, we already have fogs in the main light housing.

Do you want them for show only?

If you do end up adding in some fogs, please post some pics as I'm sure you're not the only one on this site who wants them. Pics may help others decide if they want them or not.
oh i meant fog light bulb