First TL used for Emergency Responce?! (PICS AND VIDEO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010 | 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ggesq
I've never seen an actual car/person in person masquerading as one but I have seen Defendants in court that have been charged with Impersonating an Officer by putting lights in their cars and pulling people over, showing fake badges and trying to get them out of the car. This one lady in particular-I remember was told by the kid (he was like 24 and was ex- Coast Guard) to step out of her vehicle. She said that she would like to call 911 to make sure that it was ok. Turns out, her suspicions were right. When the 911 operator told her to tell him to show her his badge, he got back in his SUV with flashing lights and left. She got his license plate, gave it to law enforcement and got caught.Stuff like this happens all the time. Imagine what would have happened if she just trusted the guy?

How do you know the lady in the minivan knew that an 18 year old in a TL with flashing blue lights on an unmarked car was official? You have no sirens, no insignia on your vehicle and no PA system so you can announce your intention.

Calling in a plate on an unmarked car (TL) with blue lights flashing e.g. as they are trying to get around you in a hurry is not abusing the 911 system.

What do you mean you hate people who think they are the law? Didn't you start a thread in Ramblings about chasing down a thief because he was breaking in your car or your neighbors car or something like that?

Crestwood- believe me when I say this, I admire you for what you do but you shouldn't take things so seriously.
There is a difference between pulling people over, and asking them to move. People around here know us, some of them just try to "stick it to us" by not moving, nooone wins in that situation, the person looks like an asshole, and it takes that much longer for me to isolate a scene and let the fire fighters get to work. I dont think you would understand unless you were involved in it, its so maddening when people rant about how volunteers get lights. Im not singling you out ggesg, just saying that if you wanna call the cops and report me driving fast and asking you to move over fine, but when they look up my plate number (if they even do, which they mostly DONT unless you do something insanely reckless) its gonna show up that im certified to have the lights and the most likely will not follow up. Most officers understand the everyday person driving home getting mad that they have to (god forbid) slow down for a few seconds.
Sorry but I just get offended when people try to bash the people that are there to protect them, I dont see them volunteering to do this kinda shit, its not all fun and games, iv seen some scary stuff at car accidents, iv seen people lose everything in a home fire. Just want people to have some respect.
Old 09-16-2010 | 11:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ggesq
I've never seen an actual car/person in person masquerading as one but I have seen Defendants in court that have been charged with Impersonating an Officer by putting lights in their cars and pulling people over, showing fake badges and trying to get them out of the car. This one lady in particular-I remember was told by the kid (he was like 24 and was ex- Coast Guard) to step out of her vehicle. She said that she would like to call 911 to make sure that it was ok. Turns out, her suspicions were right. When the 911 operator told her to tell him to show her his badge, he got back in his SUV with flashing lights and left. She got his license plate, gave it to law enforcement and got caught.Stuff like this happens all the time. Imagine what would have happened if she just trusted the guy?

How do you know the lady in the minivan knew that an 18 year old in a TL with flashing blue lights on an unmarked car was official? You have no sirens, no insignia on your vehicle and no PA system so you can announce your intention.

Calling in a plate on an unmarked car (TL) with blue lights flashing e.g. as they are trying to get around you in a hurry is not abusing the 911 system.

What do you mean you hate people who think they are the law? Didn't you start a thread in Ramblings about chasing down a thief because he was breaking in your car or your neighbors car or something like that?

Crestwood- believe me when I say this, I admire you for what you do but you shouldn't take things so seriously.
Oh and TECHNICALLY im marked, plate says im a volunteer. Not allowed sirens or I would have them, you would think she would have gotten the point when the 4 cars behind her moved out of my way.... some people just dont pay attention
Old 09-17-2010 | 09:26 AM
US Navy Seabees

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
Oh and TECHNICALLY im marked, plate says im a volunteer. Not allowed sirens or I would have them, you would think she would have gotten the point when the 4 cars behind her moved out of my way.... some people just dont pay attention
Thanks for what you do, that takes a lot of guts!
Old 09-17-2010 | 09:31 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

cool job bro, nice ride.
Old 09-17-2010 | 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Sorry but I just get offended when people try to bash the people that are there to protect them, I dont see them volunteering to do this kinda shit, its not all fun and games, iv seen some scary stuff at car accidents, iv seen people lose everything in a home fire. Just want people to have some respect.
It's a good thing your starting at this level because you will have to get used to it unfortunately. Law enforcement is a thankless job. You are under tremendous pressure to always do the right thing even when faced with constant criticism. If you can't handle it, you might want to think about a different profession. No one wants a loose cannon with a gun and badge roaming the streets. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-17-2010 | 09:49 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

There is a difference between pulling people over, and asking them to move. .
There is also a difference in asking someone to move and RUNNING THEM COMPLETELY OVER! Sorry...bad timing on your part there so far as whats happening local here in Indy....

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=13012847
Old 09-17-2010 | 09:54 AM
Racer

I find this comment offensive. Iv never, ever run into someone "masquerading" as an emergency vehicle. How do you know they are not? How do you know they are not trying to do their job? I had a lady today in a fucking mini van stick in front of me and flip me off while i was trying to respond to a structure fire. I hate people who think they are the law, and "call in plates" you do realize they dont take your calls seriously and that there are laws against abusing the 911 system? Thats not an emergency, so move over and get over the fact that they are trying to do something. If you want that power, join a department, till then, stop complaining. Is it so much of an inconvience to just slow down and move over for a few seconds? I know when someone moves over for me I appreciate the action and if its someone I know I make sure to thank them later...
And I find your attitude offensive, as though I have some problem with authority and I'm trying to box in ambulances so they can't get to the patient. I already told you that I move over when I see emergency lights. I don't know how to make that more clear so that you get it. I don't complain about moving over for a real emergency vehicle. I complain about idiots, and yes I have seen them, pretending to be emergency vehicles, driving like dipshits, weaving in and out of traffic at 90mph with a jillion lights all over their cars.

Now, if you wanna get right down to it, I'm a TV photographer. Guess what? I know EVERY vehicle in my area that belongs to the emergency crews, because I'm right there with them on the scenes. I also know the laws my state has regarding equipping personal cars with emergency lights. As I already explained to you, in my state, if you have all those lights on your car, you're breaking the law. And by the way, I've seen everything you have, and probably more, because I've been doing this job since you were still heading out for recess after lunch.

I'll say it again, and hopefully you'll get it this time. Whether I think the flashy lights in my mirror are on a real emergency vehicle or not, I pull over. And when it goes by me and I can see that it's fake (as I said, 50 million lights are a hint, and 4 laughing teenagers with backwards hats flipping me off was a pretty good hint one time) I call the plates in. And they don't ignore me. In fact, the last time I did it, I was thanked for it by the officer who responded the next time I saw him at a wreck.

As for hating people who think "they are the law," guess what Sparky, you have a BIG attitude adjustment that you need to do before you become a real LEO, because the public, and good LEO's, "hate" meathead cops who think they're superior to everyone else just because they have a badge and a blinky light on their car - and that's the attitude I'm seeing starting to form up here. Sit back and relax. I'll get out of your way when I see you coming with your lights on. But stay out of mine when I report criminals to the cops.
Old 09-17-2010 | 09:59 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Old 09-17-2010 | 10:09 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by shadowkahn
And I find your attitude offensive, as though I have some problem with authority and I'm trying to box in ambulances so they can't get to the patient. I already told you that I move over when I see emergency lights. I don't know how to make that more clear so that you get it. I don't complain about moving over for a real emergency vehicle. I complain about idiots, and yes I have seen them, pretending to be emergency vehicles, driving like dipshits, weaving in and out of traffic at 90mph with a jillion lights all over their cars.

Now, if you wanna get right down to it, I'm a TV photographer. Guess what? I know EVERY vehicle in my area that belongs to the emergency crews, because I'm right there with them on the scenes. I also know the laws my state has regarding equipping personal cars with emergency lights. As I already explained to you, in my state, if you have all those lights on your car, you're breaking the law. And by the way, I've seen everything you have, and probably more, because I've been doing this job since you were still heading out for recess after lunch.

I'll say it again, and hopefully you'll get it this time. Whether I think the flashy lights in my mirror are on a real emergency vehicle or not, I pull over. And when it goes by me and I can see that it's fake (as I said, 50 million lights are a hint, and 4 laughing teenagers with backwards hats flipping me off was a pretty good hint one time) I call the plates in. And they don't ignore me. In fact, the last time I did it, I was thanked for it by the officer who responded the next time I saw him at a wreck.

As for hating people who think "they are the law," guess what Sparky, you have a BIG attitude adjustment that you need to do before you become a real LEO, because the public, and good LEO's, "hate" meathead cops who think they're superior to everyone else just because they have a badge and a blinky light on their car - and that's the attitude I'm seeing starting to form up here. Sit back and relax. I'll get out of your way when I see you coming with your lights on. But stay out of mine when I report criminals to the cops.
Funny you would mention idiots who are acting like they are law enforcement. I had a similar incident...followed a guy out of Louisville Kentucky up I-65 North all the way to Indianapolis....we were running probably around 80mph most of the way. He was in the fast lane...tossing on his lights to get people to move...then turning them back off shortly after...and the people in the car were laughing wildly every time they did this. Was a plain white unmarked crown vic....just had lights in the windows similar to this car shown in this post. I watched him do this for about an hour or so minimum to the point where it was stupid. As we drove into Indianapolis city limits....I suddenly find myself being PULLED OVER by another city police officer WHILE I AM ON THE PHONE WITH 911 REPORTING THIS GUY. What do they do? Pull me over...let him continue....doing nothing to him whatsoever. They eventually verify that this guy is a state police officer and is off duty....but the city and state police, while they hate each other in our area, dont pull each other over or ask each other questions whatsoever.

After talking with the officer's superior....the ticket the officer wrote suddenly disappears and never reappears again. I go into court...they have no record of anything ever happening.

The police in our area are worse than the people they claim to be serving and protecting.

But when you start with a prosecutor like Carl Brizzi...who found himself locked deep into federal investigation along with the likes of Tim Durham, his new found best friend....it says a lot. You cant expect much from people working under this type of situation can you?

http://gawker.com/5412883/tim-durham...today/gallery/
Old 09-17-2010 | 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

man this thread is like Acurazine's Soap Opera good read while bored at work to kill some time....BTW OP good thing ur doing....I'll just leave it at that....1 thing though just because it doesnt happen in your town doesnt mean it doesnt happen somewhere else.....

Hate to break it to you for every 1 good police officer theres probable 3-4 bad ones...That's just life....so dont take too much offense, if you are not one of the bad ones then you got nothing to worry about....

Keep up the good work
Old 09-17-2010 | 11:39 AM
Team Owner

^^^ Yea, and the Soap Opera is going to stop. Warnings have been sent out. The tone here needs to be dialed down... a lot!

Some of you have made your point...enough! The next step will be a 1 week late summer/early fall vacation.
Old 10-04-2010 | 01:45 AM
Former Whyner

Cool lights Bro...But you still owe me 20.00 for those springs i sold you Aug 1st. Stop ignoring my PM's too!

BTW...its Response

Last edited by RonJonTL757; 10-04-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-04-2010 | 03:14 AM
Safety Car

Old 10-04-2010 | 09:02 AM

:ibronabanhammer:
Old 10-04-2010 | 12:23 PM
UA6 SSM TL

Originally Posted by Majofo
Eric's Spaceship

where can i see picts of this car??
Old 10-04-2010 | 02:03 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Cool lights Bro...But you still owe me 20.00 for those springs i sold you Aug 1st. Stop ignoring my PM's too!

BTW...its Response
Oh man, not you too Eric, he still owes my $30 from the time he wanted my blacked out rims for stockies.

He said he would pay to get the tires switched over, so I would end up with my tires on his old rims, and he would end up with my blacked out rims and his tires. He ended up not having enough so I loaned him $30, he said he would pay pal it back to me, but have yet to get anything.
Old 10-04-2010 | 03:49 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

^^ He's probably busy doing the superiority dance trying to get people to get out of the way?

I kid.
Old 10-08-2010 | 05:06 PM
Burning Brakes

BTW...its Response
Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
Oh man, not you too Eric, he still owes my $30 from the time he wanted my blacked out rims for stockies.

He said he would pay to get the tires switched over, so I would end up with my tires on his old rims, and he would end up with my blacked out rims and his tires. He ended up not having enough so I loaned him $30, he said he would pay pal it back to me, but have yet to get anything.
Doesn't sound like a future cop to me..
Old 10-08-2010 | 09:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Ok first off the issue with RonJon is ongoing, no comment and if he continues posting publicly hes gonna have an issue with mods. And Oscar you never reminded me about 30$, you have my cell number you can txt me anytime. I have no problem with you, only ronjon.
Old 10-08-2010 | 10:52 PM
ScoobyZINE

Old 10-08-2010 | 10:59 PM
Administrator

BTW...its Response
Ok first off the issue with RonJon is ongoing, no comment and if he continues posting publicly hes gonna have an issue with mods. And Oscar you never reminded me about 30$, you have my cell number you can txt me anytime. I have no problem with you, only ronjon.
I would like both of you to send me a PM with your story on this. And also stop posting anything about it.

It doesn't look like it went through the Black Market, and for $20 I'm probably not going to get too excited, but I am just curious to find out the details.
Old 10-09-2010 | 01:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ron A
I would like both of you to send me a PM with your story on this. And also stop posting anything about it.

It doesn't look like it went through the Black Market, and for $20 I'm probably not going to get too excited, but I am just curious to find out the details.
Sent

Last edited by Crestwood1001; 10-09-2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-13-2010 | 11:25 AM
Administrator

Despite all of his protests, it is Crestwood1001 who is the scammer, and RonJonTL757 who is the one being scammed.

I sent Crestwood1001 a PM and asked for the paypal statement to prove he sent all the money, and I got this reply, leading me to believe he still owes the $20.
In saying this, I mean no disrespect to you. But ban me, remove my profile, whatever you wanna do, I dont care. Im not about to go outta my way to defend myself from something I didnt do on a forum online about cars. Iv never done anything to anyone on this site and think iv been a good member. But iv had enough of the pissing matches. Im not dealing with this. Have a good day. Thank you
I asked RonJonTL757 for a copy of the paypal statement, which he sent, showing he only got $80 from Crestwood1001. Here it is in living color.

I'm not going to ban Crestwood1001 from Acurazine over a $20 bill, but it does prove that he doesn't have any ethics or responsibility, so I am going to ban him from the Black Market. If he registers again to circumvent this ban, then he will be banned from Acurazine.

Old 10-13-2010 | 11:37 AM

Ron A is here!

Originally Posted by Majofo

:ibronabanhammer:
Old 10-13-2010 | 11:37 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

I don't think this is the place for that, Mr Marco.

It's sad that all this had to happen over a measly $20, but at least it's resolved, I think.

As far as moving over for volunteers with flashing lights, isn't there something on your state's driving test that addresses this?
Old 10-13-2010 | 11:49 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Aman
I don't think this is the place for that, Mr Marco.
I agree.

Removed.

Let's not turn this into a PW thread.
Old 10-13-2010 | 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

wow, just wow.
Old 10-13-2010 | 12:04 PM
Former Whyner

Ill live. im just more chapped because I met this guy and he gave me his word as he shook my hand. $20.00 is well worth the price for honest Azine members to give them a buyer/seller beware deadbeats. Lesson learned moving on in life
Old 10-13-2010 | 12:14 PM

Maybe give him a -2 trader rating as his mark of shame..

Definitely a matter of ethics, ironic no?
Old 10-13-2010 | 12:28 PM
BANNED

it's a shame to have his image slandered like this, but crestwood does seem to be at fault.

if someone is nice enough to work with you on a financial deal, like ronjon was, you should return their generosity with what is owed. whether it be $20 or $200. money is money and people get funny about it, and rightfully so, cash is important.

if someone does me a favor, the first thing i do is return that favor. otherwise, how can you live with yourself for blatenley screwing someone over? cya later morals!
Old 10-13-2010 | 01:05 PM

Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
Old 10-13-2010 | 01:31 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

And that my friends....is what I believe you call...moderator pwnage. Happens all the time.

Well stated GG.

Look at what I am considering buying for a winter ride this winter....

How many people do you think will slow down, pull to the side, ect just by the very act of me driving this car up behind them or approaching them whatsoever from behind them, not on purpose or anything..but just by general coincidence in me normally driving the car? Most? Guess what....I wouldnt be a cop...but certainly would be thrilled you got the hell out of my way anyway? lol Toss some cheezy lights in it...and you got yourself one immediately fake cop car...for less than 3 grand. (not my plan at all....I would leave it just as it is....would be nothing but transportation on snowy days for me)

Edit....wrong post above...I was talking about GG's post on the bottom of page 1. I hit page 2 on the thread listing page and didnt realize I wasnt at the end of the thread as I forgot this site is broken out the wazoo in that regard...NEVER takes you to the right page usually in a thread from that thread choice page. My bad. UPDATE THE SITE O.S. ....It will fix about 99% of that for you.

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 10-13-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2010 | 01:35 PM

Mikebenz, I hate those when they follow me.
i'm sitting here making sure i blink, making sure i stop, making sure i slow down....all to find out that its hazbeen copcar.
Old 10-13-2010 | 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
And that my friends....is what I believe you call...moderator pwnage. Happens all the time.

Well stated GG.

Look at what I am considering buying for a winter ride this winter....

How many people do you think will slow down, pull to the side, ect just by the very act of me driving this car up behind them or approaching them whatsoever from behind them, not on purpose or anything..but just by general coincidence in me normally driving the car? Most? Guess what....I wouldnt be a cop...but certainly would be thrilled you got the hell out of my way anyway? lol Toss some cheezy lights in it...and you got yourself one immediately fake cop car...for less than 3 grand. (not my plan at all....I would leave it just as it is....would be nothing but transportation on snowy days for me)

Edit....wrong post above...I was talking about GG's post on the bottom of page 1. I hit page 2 on the thread listing page and didnt realize I wasnt at the end of the thread as I forgot this site is broken out the wazoo in that regard...NEVER takes you to the right page usually in a thread from that thread choice page. My bad. UPDATE THE SITE O.S. ....It will fix about 99% of that for you.
:ibpeopleslowthefuckdownbcofthatretiredcruisereffe ctivelyboxingyouinandrelegatingyoutodriving5mphund erthepostedspeedlimit:
Old 10-13-2010 | 02:46 PM
OOOOOH

I would NEVER drive an ex-police car, lol. Everyone around you would drive slow as sh*t! Most annoying thing ever.
Old 10-13-2010 | 06:47 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Ill live. im just more chapped because I met this guy and he gave me his word as he shook my hand. $20.00 is well worth the price for honest Azine members to give them a buyer/seller beware deadbeats. Lesson learned moving on in life
And I was a witness to that deal, he gave you his word. he also even tried to text me and tell me how he didn't have a problem with me, and that I would get my stuff soon.
I'm guessing that's all a big lie.
The biggest loser is me, he got me for $30, oh well like Eric said you live and you learn.

He did seem shady at the meets a lot of stuff he talked about seemed dishonest like he just wanted to fit inn.
Old 10-13-2010 | 09:50 PM
ScoobyZINE

Oh-my-lanta.

Epic.
Old 10-19-2010 | 01:39 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

lmaoo @OP trying to get a free 20$ haha
Old 10-19-2010 | 08:43 AM