Finally, pics of my NBP (Buda)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007 | 12:08 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

drop looks good. Now you got me wanting to slap some tints on my NBP.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:28 PM
Racer

I have to admit that I like the mud splash....it actually looks kinda cool on the NBP. Unfortunately, I can't tell you to wash your car, because you saw what mine looked like recently and it wasn't much better than yours. They'll be clean for July though!

Anyways, nice job with the camera and screen image. I'm not gonna comment on the suspension, because I already saw it in person, but I do like it. Maybe next year I'll have a decision on which drop to go with and get one installed. Until then, I'm working on the motor and some other miscellaneous items.
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:13 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- You and Spiritman have given me that itch. I wonder if it is worth it doing the thermal block spacers without having the CAI installed yet?

Btw, I did more of the navi hacks now. I have the OK bypass, Trip computer, and splash screen done. I will change the background colors sometime in the next week. I created the bin files to load with the OEM splash and text with the OK bypass and trip computer hacks to provide to people who want it but don't want to go through it all. Changing the splash is easy. I'm still working on what I want the disclaimer text to say now.
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:26 PM
Starcraft II addict

Oh yeah, I've order some more white cold cathodes and a thin LED strip. I'm going to make another set of CC License plate lights but have 2 4" tubes on each side. So I may have an extra set of CC license plates lights to get rid of soon. I'm also going to replace the trunk light with a set of 4" cathodes or the LED strip. However I'm going to try out that LED strip up front to see if it works as a DRL on the center strip in the lower grill.

I need to start looking into the CAI and spacers now.
Old 06-05-2007 | 11:46 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Did you see my PM? Can you hook that up?
Old 06-06-2007 | 12:13 AM
Starcraft II addict

Got your PM and emailed you the files.
Old 06-06-2007 | 08:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Buda
Oh yeah, I've order some more white cold cathodes and a thin LED strip. I'm going to make another set of CC License plate lights but have 2 4" tubes on each side. So I may have an extra set of CC license plates lights to get rid of soon. I'm also going to replace the trunk light with a set of 4" cathodes or the LED strip. However I'm going to try out that LED strip up front to see if it works as a DRL on the center strip in the lower grill.

I need to start looking into the CAI and spacers now.

I'd be careful with the LED DRLs....I see that as a prime reason for a cop to pull you over, not to mention the tinted windows and running red lights Just messing with you, but I'm serious about the LEDs. I'm actually going to finally install my CC tubes for the plates, hopefully this Sunday when I get back in town and I actually ordered an extra set initially, so I'm going to install them in the trunk.

As for the CAI and thermoblock spacers....maybe next weekend, assuming something doesn't come up.......but at the rate I'm going, I'll be able to install them next year sometime
Old 06-06-2007 | 08:47 PM
Starcraft II addict

Hey 05TLRIDER, did you get my VM about where you got the CAI and spacers?
Old 06-06-2007 | 11:06 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hey 05TLRIDER, did you get my VM about where you got the CAI and spacers?
And did YOU do the hex editing??? LOL! Get busy slacker!!
Old 06-06-2007 | 11:15 PM
Starcraft II addict

No, I didn't was busy listing a bunch of things for sale on craigs list. I already have a guy coming tomorrow to look at my living room furniture set. I'll get to the hex editing this weekend. I still need to figure out what I want the disclaimer to say. If you already know what you want it to say, then I can just work on that for you if I haven't decided on what mine will say.

I keep getting myself into to many things and I'm having to move soon. AGAIN!
Old 06-06-2007 | 11:34 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

No, I didn't was busy listing a bunch of things for sale on craigs list. I already have a guy coming tomorrow to look at my living room furniture set. I'll get to the hex editing this weekend. I still need to figure out what I want the disclaimer to say. If you already know what you want it to say, then I can just work on that for you if I haven't decided on what mine will say.

I keep getting myself into to many things and I'm having to move soon. AGAIN!
LOL! That's funny you asked that (my text)...I don't have a clue!! So no rush man! LOL! Damn Sean, you got a lot to do huh man? I have some stuff to sell on ebay or craig's list too! I need to get on that! I guess we won't be looking at the game tomorrow night huh man? Sike!
Old 06-06-2007 | 11:40 PM
Starcraft II addict

Yep, lots to do. I don't even know where I'll be moving to. It'll either be in/around Eden Prairie (minneapolis) or I'll be relocating to Kansas City.

So far right now I'm working on or looking into the following:
A set of doubled up CC lights for the license plate
CC angel eyes
New Trunk Lighting
Potential DRL LED strip
Mesh center grill - trying both '07 and '06 grill backings
thermoblock spacers
CAI
Exhaust
DVD/Mediagate Player

Wait I need to catch my breath. I just don't know where to start and stop. Mostly the stopping is the problem.
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:25 PM
Racer

Yep, lots to do. I don't even know where I'll be moving to. It'll either be in/around Eden Prairie (minneapolis) or I'll be relocating to Kansas City.

So far right now I'm working on or looking into the following:
A set of doubled up CC lights for the license plate
CC angel eyes
New Trunk Lighting
Potential DRL LED strip
Mesh center grill - trying both '07 and '06 grill backings
thermoblock spacers
CAI
Exhaust
DVD/Mediagate Player

Wait I need to catch my breath. I just don't know where to start and stop. Mostly the stopping is the problem.

Are you planning on getting all of this completed by the July meet?! You definitely have your work cut out for you, if that's the case.

I can only hope to get my AEM, thermoblock spacers, and potentially three more "little mods" done before the July meet, but I don't think I will have time, because there are a lot of big weekends coming up here. I might have to start working on the mods during the weekdays too, to get it all done!
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:05 PM
Starcraft II addict

The new set of CC license plate lights are already done and installed. I have my original single bulb (on each side) set I'm thinking of selling or making it a double bulb set and selling them.

I just got the spacers today and the CAI is coming tomorrow so I'll be installing those this weekend. I just talked to sandiegodrive and he still doesn't have anyone to do the CAI install for on the DIY video so I'll be making the DIY video. I'll have to install at my place as I may have someone coming over to buy my living room furniture on saturday. Were you still thinking about both of us doing the install at the same time/place?

I figure since I'm going to go ahead and take off the front bumper for the video, I may try to do the '07 mesh center grill mod while I'm at it.

I got the DRL LED test strip and just created a video. I'm converting it now and will post it. Then the trunk lighting will be easy enough.

The only things I won't have done are the exhaust and DVD player. The Angel eyes is an idea I'm toying with, not sure if I'm going to do it yet.
Old 06-13-2007 | 09:21 PM
Racer

Hey Buda, I should have mentioned earlier when I talked to you that I also plan on installing both the license plate CC lights and my "spare" set in the trunk this weekend too.

I think you and I will be very happy with our TLs when we're all said and done! Remember, I'll bring the beer!!
Old 06-13-2007 | 10:56 PM
Starcraft II addict

Awesome. I even have an extra set of CC license plate lights to get rid off. The housing is even modified to allow for the wire coming from wendy's camera.

Hey do you have the plastic casing that the cc lights come in? I need an extra plastic case to create another set of housings. The stuff I ordered from Oznium cam in cardboard boxes.

I will probably be doing lighting in the trunk this weekend as well. And that reminds me... um well if I wouldn't have stopped typing to watch a little family guy, I would have remembered what it was I was reminded about.
Old 06-13-2007 | 11:29 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Sean, is that Cold Cathode lic plate mod difficult? I see you said you have an extra one. Is it plug and play, or do I have to cut Stella yet again? She threatened to get a restraining order after that grille mod! Hahahahahaha! Let me know, I'm interested!
Old 06-13-2007 | 11:41 PM
Starcraft II addict

It's actually pretty easy but it's not exactly plug and play. There is 1 item that has to be taken care of. The OEM light covers. You have two options:

1. Cut off the clips that hold the light cover to the inside of the car and then 3m the cover back on. Replacements are cheap enough. However the lens aren't as clear as they could be.

2. Use Lexan or Plexiglass to cut out a new license plate light lense and then 3m that onto the car. This is the route that I went especially because I needed an access hole for wendy's camera wire. The lexan is also clearer then the OEM lens. This also keeps the OEM lens intact for going back. I could make you the new lens covers as I have plenty of lexan left over.

The current light set I have is a single bulb setup on each side. I can convert it to a double bulb setup but need to build new housing for it. I was thinking about creating another double bulb setup in addition anyway. Also I would make the blade connectors so that they plug directly into the EOM connector without the need for the wire tap.

Just let me know what you are looking for.

I do need to get some pics up of the CC lights at night. Especially with the double bulb setup in now. It really brightens up things for the camera.
Old 06-16-2007 | 09:02 AM
Starcraft II addict

Today's the day! Installing the thermoblock spacers and the AEM cold air intake. I'll be doing a DIY video as well! I'll post a couple pics when it's installed. My take a while because we are doing 2 installs today. 05TLRIDER is coming over to install his at the same time.
Old 06-16-2007 | 03:50 PM
FizzyStatus!

That's awesome! Can't wait for the DYI and hope all the installs go smoothly! You guys doing the cathode bulbs as well?
Old 06-17-2007 | 11:41 AM
Racer

Brief update.....unfortunately we spent all day on Buda's TL yesterday and it didn't exactly go smooth. Long story and I'll leave it to Buda to tell it.

We didn't get around to my car, so my parts are still just waiting to be installed. I'm not sure when I'll get to installing them either, because I have something going on virtually every weekend for the rest of the summer. At least I don't have to worry about my cold cathode tubes, because Buda is going to do the prep work for me and then I should be able to just plug them in. They're fairly simple too, so it can be done some evening when I have a few spare minutes.

Hopefully, I'll be able to give an update soon saying that my stuff is on, but we'll see.....my fiance is having surgery Monday, so I don't think I will have much free time in the coming weeks.
Old 06-17-2007 | 11:46 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Brief update.....unfortunately we spent all day on Buda's TL yesterday and it didn't exactly go smooth. Long story and I'll leave it to Buda to tell it.

We didn't get around to my car, so my parts are still just waiting to be installed. I'm not sure when I'll get to installing them either, because I have something going on virtually every weekend for the rest of the summer. At least I don't have to worry about my cold cathode tubes, because Buda is going to do the prep work for me and then I should be able to just plug them in. They're fairly simple too, so it can be done some evening when I have a few spare minutes.

Hopefully, I'll be able to give an update soon saying that my stuff is on, but we'll see.....my fiance is having surgery Monday, so I don't think I will have much free time in the coming weeks.
Yeah, Buda did a thread on it about the thermoblock spacers. A mod that I am really wanting to do myself. Aside from the problems you guys had, was it really hard to do? Or just, excuse the pun, an open and shut case?

Good luck to you and your fiance!
Old 06-18-2007 | 06:04 AM
Racer

Thanks darksom1. In my mind it was a very easy install. Basically, if you can unplug some harnesses, use a socket wrench, and pull off some hoses, then you shouldn't have too much difficultly with the install. The hardest part in my mind is getting the front bumper off, without removing the Aspec lip, but Buda has his ways that make it pretty easy.

The best advice that I can give you, as with any install, is to take your time. If you ever plan on doing a mod to your car, make sure you don't have a time crunch. That's usually when something goes wrong, because you'll be rushing. Also, some prep time/work is always a good thing too.
Old 06-18-2007 | 08:51 PM
Starcraft II addict

Ok here are a few pics of the CAI installed.

A couple pics during the install:

A couple of pics with everything in:

This pic is to explain what I meant in the other thread about heading to open gym and tossing some girls around. Yep, that's me and it's not photoshopped.

Now if I could somehow work the TL into that shot.
Old 06-18-2007 | 09:06 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Nice Buda... you're the man...
Old 06-18-2007 | 10:25 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Nice with the blue, I did that too! Good taste!

Now if I could somehow work the TL into that shot.
Forget the TL, work one of the women with a skirt into that shot and then show another pic right behind that one of you dropping her! Do it for the fellas!! One for the team man!!
Old 07-29-2008 | 11:42 PM
Starcraft II addict

Talking Time for some pics

Last time I posted some pics of my car it was when I was living in MN. I'm way overdue and I'm going to take after Darksom1 and be a pic whore.

Here is what I've done since I've moved back to KS last July '07.
Color Matched Grill and both aspec lips
GReddy Exhaust
LEDs- Interior and reverse lights (white), rear turn signals (amber), front turn signals (switchback), and side markers (white).

Headlights are cleared, blacked out (color match), ZKW Replicas, Angel Eyes, and fog nipple painted.

Here are pics of everything but most of the LED.

Before headlight clearing and side markers, rest of mods done:

GReddy Exhaust:

Head Lights done:

What am I doing next? Hmm, was leaning toward this. lol
Old 07-29-2008 | 11:55 PM
邵樂百

Thumbs up Nbp Ftfw

Your car is lookin CLEAN!!!!!!!! Almost exactly how I want mine set-up
Old 07-30-2008 | 12:04 AM
Starcraft II addict

Post 67 has the new pics of my car with the cleared headlights but I just couldn't resist posting these.

Darksom1, since you like the previous stunting pic, here are some more. Sorry none of any girls in skirts falling. I really need to get a pic of a stunt by my TL!!!!

Does this qualify for girl on girl?

Old 07-30-2008 | 12:22 AM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

I like the new mods Buda, I have to stop by sometimes and check out the new mods to the whip and the house...i smell a KC mini meet coming soon!!
Old 08-06-2008 | 10:44 AM
BlAcKeDoUt

i noticed you got your headlights from JnC.
what kind of headlights did you get?
Old 08-06-2008 | 11:17 AM
Man of God.....

Cool Really looks great!

The TL I mean! Buda, you rock. Talk about bouncing back.... You, (it seems) just moved down there and...
Look at your car & life. Congrads on the transition
Sir!! We miss ya up here..... When Is the KC meet??
Old 08-06-2008 | 11:54 AM
Intermediate

Nice car Buda, you have given me inspiration.

Btw, how did you get your front side markers white? Do you slice em open or buy them like that?
Old 08-06-2008 | 01:56 PM
zaino'd

Can I see I close up of your headlights? I wanna see if I like the "fog nipple" painted black.
Old 08-06-2008 | 02:21 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by BlAcKeDoUt
i noticed you got your headlights from JnC.
what kind of headlights did you get?
I had purchased a new set of '06 headlights of the BM and sent them to JnC to be worked on. The end result is:
  • Cleared
  • Blacked out - NBP colormatch from paintscratch
  • Fog Nipple NBP color match
  • ZKW Replicas from retrofitsource
  • Umnitza Angel eyes - off of ebay
  • Switchback LEDs
  • Phillips 85122+ HID bulbs

JnC prefers to use the black paint he has as it comes out more glossy then the one from paintscratch. The paintscratch NBP paint is not nearly as glossy but it is thinner so it lays on better.

Originally Posted by Spiritman
The TL I mean! Buda, you rock. Talk about bouncing back.... You, (it seems) just moved down there and...
Look at your car & life. Congrads on the transition
Sir!! We miss ya up here..... When Is the KC meet??
I miss my peeps up in MN too. I'll be up there for a wedding that I'm in during Oct. Almost thinking about taking a week off work to go visit people up there. We have a couple KC meets coming up. A happy hour meet on Aug 14th and a big meet tentative for Sept. 7th. We had 40 cars show up to the meet in May!

Originally Posted by jmkiang
Can I see I close up of your headlights? I wanna see if I like the "fog nipple" painted black.
Let me know if this one works, if not I'll have to try to get another pic for you tonight or tomorrow.

Old 08-06-2008 | 02:48 PM
zaino'd

^ Yeah I can't decide if its the look I want. Kinda looks like a rubber knub... no offense. And to end on a positive note, your car looks great! Aside from your domed decals and your rims, our cars are extremely alike. I would LOVE to caravan with all the NBPs with NBP grills from AZ.
Old 08-06-2008 | 04:43 PM
blah

Didn't you have like a chrome grill? Or was it always painted black?
Old 08-06-2008 | 05:07 PM
Banned

What's with the angel eyes hype now days. lol
Old 08-06-2008 | 07:33 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by Vietnastee
Didn't you have like a chrome grill? Or was it always painted black?
Ahh, I think you are referring to the Black Chrome grill that I had done a little over a year ago. I ended up selling that to SteveP66 (RIP). I was going to do another set even darker but decided to get it painted instead. I still have a black chrome rear A that I need to put on the car and another one I need to sell.

Originally Posted by elkayem
What's with the angel eyes hype now days. lol
I love them on my car and the umnitza's are the brightest ones out there. I get a lot of turned heads with them.
Old 07-01-2012 | 09:52 PM
Starcraft II addict

Reviving my own thread from the extreme depths of inactivity. It's been a while (over 1 year) but I got to spend some quality time with my car today. I got an iSimple installed and love having the 3.5mm aux jack now. I didn't have problems getting the plug out of the radio like others have mentioned. It was an easy install.

I had also previously done some of my interior with the 3m DiNoc Carbon fiber vinyl but wasn't able to get apply correctly on the rear trim around the rear a/c vents. I just started playing with some plastidip as I saw what it could do at the KC Meet last month. I decided to try it out on that trim piece and loved the results. Let me know what you think.

5 coats of Black PlastiDip

5 coats of Gloss PlastiDip added in

Some pics of it mounted and then in the car

I had some extra time so I decided to play around and see if the Gloss PlastiDip could be used over the 3M Dinoc Carbon Fiber Vinyl. In short the answer is no and here's how it looks.

Quick Reply: Finally, pics of my NBP (Buda)