Debadged WDP

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007 | 03:51 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Debadged WDP

So here is a teaser to my debadging that is currently in progress. Removed "ACURA" and "TL" from rear. Im also removing the Door Guards...only one problem... The passenger side guards came off with out any problem, and most of the double sided tape went with the guard leaving very little to rub off. The driver side is a totally different story. Maybe 10% of the double sided tape went with the guard, and not only that but it is two lines of tape instead of the passenger side which had one line of tape the width of the guard. This stuff is terrible too, the foam part of the tape will come off with a lot of rubbing, but the glue stays on the body and has to litterally removed with a finger nail. Ive been working at it now for about 2 hours, trying it all; Bug and tar remover, hot water, sitting in the sun (sun burnt now). Ive taken a break from it for a little while, but here are some teaser pics off my phone.

Gonna go try and finish up the driver side, wash wax, possibly clay, and snap some pics later on tonight.
Old 05-15-2007 | 03:54 PM
I'm in

^ Drivers side?

Looks clean! Remove that front license plate asap!
Old 05-15-2007 | 03:59 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Serisouly though buying a used comes with other peoples screw ups. The previous owner used pointed screws to hold the license plate in place, which means that ive got two holes in my bumper under license plate frame..sucks. big time. Maybe at some point i can fix it...where do you keep your front plate?

And im too ashamed of the way the driver side looks right now
Old 05-15-2007 | 05:17 PM
'07 NBP TL

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
Serisouly though buying a used comes with other peoples screw ups. The previous owner used pointed screws to hold the license plate in place, which means that ive got two holes in my bumper under license plate frame..sucks. big time. Maybe at some point i can fix it...where do you keep your front plate?

And im too ashamed of the way the driver side looks right now
I'm pretty sure there's two holes built the front bumper already for license plate. I think you can just buy plugs to cover it.
Old 05-15-2007 | 07:37 PM
Racer

back looks pretty clean now. oh, and those pictures in bridgeport were sweet.
Old 05-15-2007 | 09:03 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

ok after fighting with terrible glue sticking to my door i finally got it off..at 9:00pm. So i didnt get a chance to wash my car, but trust me it looks damn clean. Ill def. get it washed and waxed and snap some pics.

i also removed my front plate but without the plastic inserts to fill the holes it looks a off, but i got a appt at a dealership in a week so i will get them then.

pics tomorrow!