!!! CHICAGO Sexiest TL !!! UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cTLgo
my TL was parked on the street infront of my gf's place and Chi PD ticketed it for no front plate and tint, who does that to a parked car?!?!

aw well...
That sucks man. Did u end up paiyng?
What about city sicker? Do u have it?
Old 11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by tihomirbg
That sucks man. Did u end up paiyng?
What about city sicker? Do u have it?

No city sticker, I had a street permit. I just got it this weekend. I'm thinkin about contesting the front plate, since I just got a new bumper a couple months ago. The tints I will have to pay.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cTLgo
No city sticker, I had a street permit. I just got it this weekend. I'm thinkin about contesting the front plate, since I just got a new bumper a couple months ago. The tints I will have to pay.
U got new bumper ? Why? What happened? Is it RJ's?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Involuntary Karatechopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN that's a sweet looking TL.

Hey, in this pic there's a very noticeable color difference:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9...ture021hg9.jpg

Did you get it painted by RJ or colormatched after you got the kit?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NumberFive
MAN that's a sweet looking TL.

Hey, in this pic there's a very noticeable color difference:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9...ture021hg9.jpg

Did you get it painted by RJ or colormatched after you got the kit?
I got the kit painted and the rear bumper was the worst. I ended up painting it again. The front shows difference from just a few angles. Most of the times doesn't show any difference. I might paint the front but not now. Probably next spring.
BTW, tanks for the comment.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Involuntary Karatechopper

Hey, you earned it - you did basically everything I want to do to my '05 WDP. Hmm, now I need to do something else to make it original. :P

And you said you got the kit painted, does that mean it was painted by RJ? Or did you have the kit painted afterwards? When I get a RJ kit, I don't want to run into any repainting issues.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard about the HotImportsNights but don't now how to enter there. Can we make a team u ur bro me and this guy with the RX8? Let me now when is the next time when they get around.

Well.... I was thinking about getting with a team like Deception Motorsports, or maybe Team Advancement etc. I dont want to enter with 3 or 4 cars; I want it to be at least 6 cars, so I dont think we will beable to get 6 cars on our team.

Check out these cars on there team:
http://www.daddiracing.com/teamadvan_home_revise.htm
Old 11-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned

shyan, who you know on teamadvancement?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NumberFive
Hey, you earned it - you did basically everything I want to do to my '05 WDP. Hmm, now I need to do something else to make it original. :P

And you said you got the kit painted, does that mean it was painted by RJ? Or did you have the kit painted afterwards? When I get a RJ kit, I don't want to run into any repainting issues.
WDP is the worst color to match. I don't know how well u know about WDP but this is a 3 stage color. The only way to match WDP entirely is to paint the entire car which is not worth it. The bumpers are plastic. Since this is a 3 stage color, when u spray the paint on plastic and metal, it will show difference somehow.
When I had my rear buper repainted, I was going to repaint the side panels as well. But, if the panels were painted then they might show difference with the doors. That's how you will end up painting the entire car.
Just my tought
Old 12-04-2006, 09:31 PM
OLD SOLDIER

Nice TL I love the way you set it up I was wondering do you have the TPMS in those rims? I have been looking at the RonJon kit for my 06 the rims are my only hold up
Old 12-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Retired 93LS coupe
Nice TL I love the way you set it up I was wondering do you have the TPMS in those rims? I have been looking at the RonJon kit for my 06 the rims are my only hold up
Thanks man.

Well, this an 05 model.

06 models came up with this TPMS. I as far as I remember some people here have the TPMS in there aftermarket rims. I might be mistaken as well.

Wich rims do u have in mind to buy?
Old 12-05-2006, 09:33 PM
OLD SOLDIER

Thanks man.

Well, this an 05 model.

06 models came up with this TPMS. I as far as I remember some people here have the TPMS in there aftermarket rims. I might be mistaken as well.

Wich rims do u have in mind to buy?
yes I have read that some are still able to use the sensors...right now I haven't decided on any type of rim yet trying to find something that jumps out at me yours look good I have a WDP as well but 06 and have already put a few items on it but I really want the RonJon kit its different and I like different but still have alot of acessories still sitting in my trunk ...door visors, BSMolding, wood steering wheel things like that I noticed that you have BSM on yours did it come with it or did you put it on after you had it awhile? even though I purchased them I am reluctant to put it on as well as the door visors
Old 12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

yes I have read that some are still able to use the sensors...right now I haven't decided on any type of rim yet trying to find something that jumps out at me yours look good I have a WDP as well but 06 and have already put a few items on it but I really want the RonJon kit its different and I like different but still have alot of acessories still sitting in my trunk ...door visors, BSMolding, wood steering wheel things like that I noticed that you have BSM on yours did it come with it or did you put it on after you had it awhile? even though I purchased them I am reluctant to put it on as well as the door visors
When I got the car it was completely stock. The only one they gave me for free was the mud guards. At that time I didn't know about Acurazine nor RonJon.

Then, after a few weeks for some reason I went to google to search for something and that is how I found out about Acurazine and then RonJon. That's how I began to modify my car.
When I saw the other members' cars and with RonJon kit, I said to my self I have to have this kit.

Sometimes I hate that I found about Acurazine because I spent so much money, but most of the time I LOVE it. I even got I buyer for my car who wants to buy the car the way it is for $35,000 But I said NO.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 AM
OLD SOLDIER

I understand how you feel....after alot of talking on my part I got the dealer to give me the all season mats, mud guards, sun roof visor when I purchased the car, before I picked it up I had the dealer install a Gold emblem package, rear wing spoiler, so that was over a thousand dollars alone. I was also trying to get the A- Spec kit, suspension and brakes but they told me I would have had to request it before I purchased my car so After that BS I ordered a trunk tray,wheel locks, door visors, bsm, wood steering wheel, wood shift knob, wood trim, full nose mask, all of those items from Honda world and those items are sitting in my trunk now. I am kinda glad they gave me the run around because I really like that RonJon Kit better than the A-Spec I guess when I find a rim that I like I will order them and tires and get the RonJon kit I just need to decide if I was to get it already painted or not
Old 12-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Burning Brakes

I just need to decide if I was to get it already painted or not
I don't know. If u want u could let the local shop do it for u.

Also, read my post #47 I think

Tim
Old 12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO Ron John on pearl white looks gheto fabulouse
Old 03-18-2007, 01:42 PM
2007 NBP TL

your car is sweet. love the look. where is chicago you at
Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hrglas
your car is sweet. love the look. where is chicago you at
Thanks. I'm by the HIP (Harlem & Irving Plaza)

Tim
Old 03-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Racer

tihomirbg, You have very sick TL,and BTW I am few minutes away from HIP to
Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
2007 NBP TL

i shop there all the time
Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Ok guys,
what would u say if I change the wheels with those Inspyres Raven Black
w/ Machined Face. Would they look better on WDP than what I have right now?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 PM
2007 NBP TL

should look hot...i'm ordering mine on thursday
Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

should look hot...i'm ordering mine on thursday
I hope it will. What color is your car? Let me know how much would cost you with shpping an all that. I'll get the wheels only because I have the tires already.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 AM
2007 TL Type-S

i just got my raven black inspyres on a couple of days ago; they are sick. My car is black but i think the contrast with the wheels on ur car would really set it off. If you go to a shop try out LP Motorsports their located near ashland and division(1130 N Ashland i think).
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:50 PM
2007 NBP TL

Originally Posted by TL1110
i just got my raven black inspyres on a couple of days ago; they are sick. My car is black but i think the contrast with the wheels on ur car would really set it off. If you go to a shop try out LP Motorsports their located near ashland and division(1130 N Ashland i think).
[IMG][/IMG]
where did you buy from. I emailed perfection honda (RonJon distributor) the other day. gotta call them back for a price on the complete package (to include the sensors)
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
2007 TL Type-S

where did you buy from. I emailed perfection honda (RonJon distributor) the other day. gotta call them back for a price on the complete package (to include the sensors)
LP MotorSports. They are located at 1130 N Ashland (near the intersection of
Ashland and Division) their # is 773-278-1022. Talk to Jose and tell him David Anthony sent you
Old 03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
2007 NBP TL

i went ahead and called rondog directly at ronjon.....had to order the tires seperately. ordered a seperate set of sensors from hondacuraworld as well. i should be rolling by the first week in april.......i cant wait.

TL1110, did you use the stock lug nuts with yours
Old 03-21-2007, 06:31 PM
2007 TL Type-S

i went ahead and called rondog directly at ronjon.....had to order the tires seperately. ordered a seperate set of sensors from hondacuraworld as well. i should be rolling by the first week in april.......i cant wait.

Yeah i dd.

I just used my tpm sensors from my stock wheels, how much did u pay for ur sensors? im looking to get a second set so i dont have to be switching them back and forth every winter and spring.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think it is safe to put on wheels now? I have some wheels but, im a little worried that it might snow again. You never know, it is the windy city

You know what, I hear a calling for a meet?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Originally Posted by shayan
You think it is safe to put on wheels now? I have some wheels but, im a little worried that it might snow again. You never know, it is the windy city
I really dont think were gonna get another bad snow fall. but if we do i can always take the family SUV. Im not worried though.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
2007 NBP TL

Yeah i dd.

I just used my tpm sensors from my stock wheels, how much did u pay for ur sensors? im looking to get a second set so i dont have to be switching them back and forth every winter and spring.
with shipping it was $157...talk to Tim.

www.hondacuraworld.com

as for the snow, i doubt too that we will get anymore. i think its officially the rain season. but if we do i dont think it will amount to more than just an inch....if that
Old 03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Pro

HEY GUYS you might not want to use the stock acura lugs. they dont seat the same as the ronjon lugs. rondys are rounded off. acuras are flat.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Originally Posted by Hardtimes
HEY GUYS you might not want to use the stock acura lugs. they dont seat the same as the ronjon lugs. rondys are rounded off. acuras are flat.
does that mean they are less safe? the only reason i have the stock ones on right now is cuz rondy didnt send the lugs with the wheels. im just waiting for my shop to get them in. but what do u mean by they dont "seat" the same?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Pro

I don't think they are unsafe. I put roughly a thousand miles on mine before I changed the lugs.. (i didn't know anybetter either.) rjs wheels are concave where the lugs nut meets/seats up against the rim. his lugs match that concave patter. it just gives a solid contact patch.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Pro

I don't think they are unsafe. I put roughly a thousand miles on mine before I changed the lugs.. (i didn't know anybetter either.) rjs wheels are concave where the lugs nut meets/seats up against the rim. his lugs match that concave patter. it just gives a solid contact patch.

now that i think about it lets not hijack the thread..(sorry op) if you have any questions pm me..
Old 03-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Burning Brakes

LP MotorSports. They are located at 1130 N Ashland (near the intersection of
Ashland and Division) their # is 773-278-1022. Talk to Jose and tell him David Anthony sent you
Ok, I guees I'm too tired but what these guys do there? Do they have these rims there in stock?
Also, BTW you're car looks aweeeeeeeeesome , are these rims going to look good on WDP? As I said, I need good night sleep that's why i didn't get what u mean. Sorrrry.
Tim
Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 PM
2007 TL Type-S

lol. i was responding to "hrglas", he wanted to know where i purchased my wheels from. they dont have them in stock but they got mine in like 3 or 4 days.
Thanx for the compilment. i personally think the rims would look good on ur car. Your car already looks hot though.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:35 AM
2007 NBP TL

Originally Posted by Hardtimes

now that i think about it lets not hijack the thread..(sorry op) if you have any questions pm me..
naw bro, thats good info to know.....check PM

Yeah, i'm up at 0430 posting cause the hail out here in the burbs just woke me up........hope theres no damage to the car

.....no snow, but i forgot about the hail
Old 03-22-2007, 11:54 AM
2007 NBP TL

spoke too soon. that heavy rain with hail left some dings on the car.....

tihomirbg.....if you get those raven black inspyres on that white its going to look sick
Old 03-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Race Director

Nice TL!

Quick Reply: !!! CHICAGO Sexiest TL !!! UPDATE