Breezy's TL-S Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts
The jets were expensive! I bought 2 sizes for the main and 2 sizes for the slow. 3 carbs = 12 Jets were about $100.

My dumbass only purchased enough for 1 carb last week, so I had to place another order and eat $8 shipping again... Not sure what I was thinking when I hit submit order.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:10 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
maybe I should have kept mine then?

We'll see...at the time I wasn't sure I wanted to keep the V&H so I opted to send the kit back.
Oem exhaust makes the bike respond better down low...
Old 02-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Safety Car

From what I have seen, jets are roughly $8/piece for my bike.

Not sure where you originally bought yours from but check out Jets R Us mikuni, keihin, hitachi, holley, jets and carb parts. Good prices and fast shipping when they have them in stock.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:48 AM

Thanks man...will do.
I just want it to be a very simple remove carb, put in this jet and be done with it.
The other one is like oh install this or that and then figure out which jet works and then a ton of other carb "modifications" which I didn't know
which one I needed and which I didn't want to mess with.

Honestly, I kind of feel like the V&H is too loud for putting around residential neighborhoods...
it's like the bike only likes to be 1/2 throttle and above.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Safety Car

Well I think Spring is finally trying to make an appearance. Hit 60° today, but looks like it will be upper 30's the next few days. We are getting there! Boy has it been a fun few past weeks. Not much work has been made on the bike, but BIG RED gave me oil pressure issues and started pissing coolant. Decided to hang her up at 243k miles. Found someone to buy it for $2500 and I got to keep my wheels! Thought that was a pretty good deal. The new owner sent me a few pics of the oil pan when he dropped them. They explain the oil pressure issues!

So in the mean time while I was trying to find a buyer for the truck, I searched for a new one and had to bite the bullet and finance one that should last a long time. Bought it 2/27 and stretched its legs that weekend. Drove it up to my bowling tournament 200 miles away and parked it for the night. Next morning, no crank / no start but had power. Got a ride to the tournament and came back that after noon a little warmer up and it started up. Great, new battery and all was gravy. Next morning, no crank / no start but had all power again. Got a ride to the tournament again and called a friend who is a long time GM mechanic and pointed me to the fuse block in the engine bay. Said they go bad all the time and need to be replaced. Popped the cover and figured this was the issue. Told me to check the starter relay. Well it was corroded so I stole a relay from the rear defog to get me home. Text my buddy I made it home and he jokingly told me to let it idle all night so I can make it to work the next day! I should have listened to him, next morning same thing, no crank / no start... Completely fed up at that point. Called my salesman at 8AM Monday only to be told the manager isn't in that day and will have to wait til Tuesday morning. At 1pm I get a call saying a tow truck will be at my place to pick it up. Great! They then proceed to tell me I have to pay for the tow. I think not! Got the truck there and was told I had to sit around while they diagnosed it. I said hell no and they gave me a loaner for the night, 2019 Cruze. Don't ever buy one!!!! Get a call the next day at 4pm from service saying when they cleaned the motor with a pressure washer they got water on the fuse block which shorted stuff out. Told me to come in before 5 when they close to pay for it and get the truck. I told him to pound sand, I am not paying for this. After a couple days of this shitty loaner I decided to go get the truck. All seems fine now but man was I ready to strangle my salesman...

This was after cleaning it a little bit to make contact on some relays/fuses. It was pretty bad!

Here is the new Deer Hauler - 2010 Silverado LT Crew Cab with the 5.3L. It has a few things done to it already: exhaust, tint, rain guards and bed liner. I picked up a full set of Weathertech mats for $50 and getting a Tonneau this weekend for $60. I only plan on putting a 2.5" leveling kit on it and some different wheels/tires and be done.

The bike will get some attention in the next few weeks since it is a lot warmer than it was. Hope I can have it running by the time all the salt/sand is off the roads.

Last edited by BreezyTL; 03-14-2019 at 02:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Acura TL Builder (07-18-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
Nice looking truck!
Getting 2500 for your old truck sounds like a good deal...how much did you pay for initially though?

Your salesman story sounds so similar to my experience with the infinity dealer, at least you got yours cleared up. I had to leave the car on their lot and go directly to the GM for reimbursement.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
So not only do we both own a type s but we both bowl also?! I bet youre a 2-Hander Haha that's a nice truck man hopefully the dealership will get their heads out of their you know what. What happened on the old truck? Looks like a lot of material on the bottom of oil pan
Old 03-14-2019, 03:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MyGuti
Nice looking truck!
Getting 2500 for your old truck sounds like a good deal...how much did you pay for initially though?

Your salesman story sounds so similar to my experience with the infinity dealer, at least you got yours cleared up. I had to leave the car on their lot and go directly to the GM for reimbursement.
Thanks! I picked it up for $3000 and put about 1500 into it (both UCA assys, 4 calipers, 2 front rotors, front pads, both hydraulic brake lines, all new brake lines, passenger CV axle, tonneau cover, tailgate lock, license plate light housings). Lasted me 2 winters (roughly 1.5 years) and I kept my wheels/tires (about $1000 value)

Trust me, the dealership probably hates me.

Originally Posted by 90foxnotch
So not only do we both own a type s but we both bowl also?! I bet youre a 2-Hander Haha that's a nice truck man hopefully the dealership will get their heads out of their you know what. What happened on the old truck? Looks like a lot of material on the bottom of oil pan
Yes sir, and don't get me started on that two hand crap! I was at the WI State Tournament. Did horrible for singles/doubles but my team we were sitting in 12th when we finished.

My old truck had a coolant leak that I couldn't find but was low on coolant every other month. I knew I had sludge in the pan so we tried changing out the filter 2x per oil change to help flush the shit out. Well the last time we changed the filter I lost all pressure which left me lost as to how a filter change would cause this. I checked the pressure with a mechanical gauge to prove it wasn't a faulty reading. Came back at 5psi while running. WAY too low! I didn't want to stick money into that truck due to mileage and other issues it had (coolant leak and trans slipping sporadically). Was time to move on but now, the TL will have to sit as is for a bit... I will get my remaining parts on it and drive it. The idea of letting the TL go has crossed my mind but can't come to terms and sell it to some goon off the 3G facebook page that thinks it is worth $6500...
Old 03-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Also trying to juggle a bathroom remodel while working a part time gig 2-3 nights a week...

Linoleum over linoleum is so much fun to tear up... NOT! Taking it down to the subfloor and starting fresh. So much work but will be worth it in the end. I let the girlfriend choose the color. Its going to be a white with a hint of purple. In the store I didn't like it one bit but when we got it home and taped the swatches up on the wall it was the best out of the 8 we chose. We want bright and I believe that we will get that. Can't wait to get this done so we can move on to the next room.

Put some 1/4 turn valves on so we can shut off the water if needed instead of shutting it off to the whole house.

I see subfloor repair... Was hoping this would be straight forward and quick.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

That’s a bummer about the truck but hopefully the new one serves you well. I just had to put a new motor in my 04 F-150 now that was fun. I’m a little curious on what you consider is a bad score in bowling lol
Old 03-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Safety Car

That’s a bummer about the truck but hopefully the new one serves you well. I just had to put a new motor in my 04 F-150 now that was fun. I’m a little curious on what you consider is a bad score in bowling lol
Well I average 228 in my league on Thursdays so anything less than that is not acceptable!!! I'd say 660 or better and I will be happy.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Haha wow yeah that's awesome man, Im just on a ma n pop league twice a month so not as serious. I was pretty happy with a couple 700 series this year though. Enjoy that bathroom remodel, Before we moved in we took 11mos remodeling our 2nd house. Now I just found out it needs a roof this year. Awesome!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Safety Car

Some people say I have a problem. I don't know what they are talking about...

mongold88 (05-09-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Bro wow are you serious?! Lol that looks like my brothers collection. I just reuse his old ones and have them redrilled. I’ve procrastinated on getting a plastic ball for spares the last 2 seasons and still haven’t bought one
Old 03-15-2019, 10:42 AM
Safety Car

If you bowl on dry conditions I would recommend getting a Urethane ball for spare shooting. That way it can be used on really dry conditions and go straight when there is oil. Plastic goes straight on dry and oil for the most part unless you crank it and are slow. Urethane will be more versatile.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Safety Car

Not a whole lot happening yet. Bathroom is still incomplete due to me traveling for work and having little time otherwise. Hopefully it will be done soon. Car is still in storage.... Was going to get it last weekend but the guy was not home when I had some time. The only good thing about it was we just had a snow storm come thru and drop about 2-3" but its raining now and should be gone by Saturday. There is an opener to Car season Saturday as well, but I don't think I will be attending.

I did the other day, when it was almost 70°, add a little plasti-dip to my front emblem on the truck. Cleans up the look a lot better. Will be doing the Rear emblem when the weather is above 65° again.

Hopefully I will have some Car/Bike updates soon. My buddy who is a Harley Tech is coming over on the 20th to help get the bike straight as far as electrical and hopefully get it turned over.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey hurry up bro! I already worked on/detailed a bike. Truck looks good btw
Old 04-22-2019, 08:49 AM
Safety Car

Nice bike!

Over the weekend I had my buddy come over and help with the bike. We have power, just not to everything... It's getting there! Still need to figure out the turn signals and brake light. After that, we can mount the carbs and gas tank. Its getting close, I can almost feel the bugs hitting my face!!!

On the other hand, she's home and in need of some detailing. I put her away kind of dirty so she will get some much needed love this week. Feels good to drive it again!

Old 04-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Mmmmmmmmm Nice update on the bike. Hopefully we get a start up video soon
Old 04-23-2019, 06:48 AM

If it's anything like my Shadow, the light circuits obviously run through a circuit and maybe a relay for the signals...
my headlight was out, turns out it was contacts on the starter switch...they said the high/low and indicator switch as well.
Just check those, because they aren't obvious.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Safety Car

Don't really have any new progress on the bike/car at the moment. My girlfriend is Graduating this weekend with her Masters and we are hosting a party. All focus has been on the bathroom which is still not done at this point... Hopefully tonight I can button it up. It is painted, just need to install the vanity/top, toilet, base boards and trim. Floor turned out great, but wish a couple tiles were a little more flush to one another. My next go at it will be using the leveling system instead of feeling the flatness with my finger.

Needed more room to use my sawzall to cut the pipe for a new flange. Opened up the floor a little more to achieve that.

Patched the floor up.

Then the fun part began. Measuring everything out and cutting with an angle grinder took some time. All the cuts were fairly simple. so it wasn't too bad.

Originally I had purchased white grout, but thought that would wash out the tiles too much so I returned that and picked up a lighter gray grout. Glad I did, makes the veins pop on the tile.

We wanted a brighter bathroom than before (dark blue) so we picked up a few swatches and the GF's color won. Not the color I would have chose at the store but it turned out great. A little more purple than I thought but it isn't bad. Worst comes to worst, it's paint and can be changed.

Putting the vanity in, we got lucky. The water supply line almost comes in contact with the brace. Should be fine where it is and is accessible but kind of difficult to reach to shut off the water. Won't be too bad though.

Put in a new P-trap. Just need to pick up an extension. (trip #1294319251 to home depot)

Vanity looked great in the store but didn't think about this. It can't be shoved into the corner due to the top and the drawers. They go to the edge of the cabinet so I will have to tack a filler piece to the side of the cabinet to keep the drawer off the wall. Works out great with the spacing of the top as well. Lucked out there since we are running out of time. Will be painted to match the cabinet.

I will post a finished pic once that is completed tonight or tomorrow.

For the TL I ordered some plug and play 5-6k DRL's. Shotta hooked me up with the info on them and says they are quality so I will give them a shot! Pics to follow when they are in.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:18 PM

dude, I missed the previous update before my last post.
Great new truck, congrats! and the bathroom looks great too...
keep on keepin on...don't run out of steam!
Old 05-07-2019, 03:20 PM
Burning Brakes

I have that same tile in my bathroom! Looks good man
Old 05-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Some people say I have a problem. I don't know what they are talking about...

I use to have that many bowling balls lol. I started bowling in the youth league then moved to the adult league at 18, just took the last 2 years off bc it's starting to get expensive at my alley. I do miss it though. Your type s looks amazing
Old 05-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mongold88
I use to have that many bowling balls lol. I started bowling in the youth league then moved to the adult league at 18, just took the last 2 years off bc it's starting to get expensive at my alley. I do miss it though. Your type s looks amazing
Yes it does get expensive, especially the new equipment now a days.... $175 and up for a new ball is ridiculous and each ball manufacturer spits out 10-15 a year! Was lucky enough I worked at an alley before getting my degree and getting out of there, but I would practice nightly and still help out to keep the free practice. Just don't have time anymore to practice so my 1 night a week league is it for me and the occasional tournament.

Well bathroom is usable again! Just need to clean up the holes in the trim and a couple touch ups on the paint. Also, need to figure out to hang a towel rack and get some drawer pulls. I am not satisfied with the vanity light so, I think I will return this one and get a different one. Something that doesn't have to be mounted on the box as it is a little off center from the sink. Will need to move the mirror and light over about 1", nothing major!

This was my first major reno project by myself with the help of a buddy for the tile, but I think it turned out great. Definitely have more confidence in my abilities to do more. On to the next project! Will be making a Home Reno thread instead of cluttering this with non car/bike stuff.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Safety Car

HOME PROJECTS THREAD

https://acurazine.com/forums/home-ga...thread-979415/
Old 05-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
shit can I fly you to Htown to do some home renovation? lol nice work on that BR.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by truonghthe
shit can I fly you to Htown to do some home renovation? lol nice work on that BR.
What you need done?
Old 05-13-2019, 09:15 AM
Safety Car

Small little update... Upgraded DRL's to plug and play 6K LED. Will have to try and get better pics but they look a lot better than the factory bulbs. Car is filthy as hell. She has been mistreated so far this year... Now that my bathroom is done, I can clean out the garage and get that back in order and get some work done to the car. Hopefully this week, I can do a wash, clay and wax. Followed by fresh fluids and check the filters. Might order some new GM fluid and change that out. Been about 20k since the last change.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:55 AM

Old 05-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Safety Car

I should give credit where it is due for the DRL's. I reached out to @shotta since his were what I was looking for. They look great, so lets hope they last awhile! Next is to figure out the fog lights. I hate the halogen bulbs, so any recommendations would be welcome. I do have some extra ballasts and some bulbs I may try to hook them up this week and see if I can get them to work.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Safety Car

Haven't been driving her lately and we are suppose to get a weeks worth of rain here starting tomorrow. Car will go up on stands again and time to finish the rest of the parts. SPC rear upper arms, modded slave cylinder and S.S. clutch line. I need to spray my A-specs and put some rubber on them.

Couldn't stand how dirty the girlfriend keeps her car... much needed wash. Next time I wash it, it will get some wax. Cleans up pretty well...

Old 05-20-2019, 10:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Nice Explorer, we have an Edge and its been great. I just bled my clutch after the cvd and ss line install, Cant wait to try it out
Old 05-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Safety Car

Nice Explorer, we have an Edge and its been great. I just bled my clutch after the cvd and ss line install, Cant wait to try it out
Was it difficult? I am not looking forward to it to be honest.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

I bought a new slave cylinder because I was worried about ruining my stock one when I did the valve delete. It was really easy to do BUT my fitting were so seized I had to buy a new line from the slave to the rubber line. I’m sure your car is a lot cleaner underneath than mine so you should be fine! Other than that it wasn’t too bad as everything is fairly easy to get to. The only other issue were getting those stubborn line clips back on the fitting. They look like horse shoes. Bleeding took like 15 mins. Just make sure you use a line wrench.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Safety Car

Just make sure you use a line wrench.
Talking about flare nut wrenches?
Old 05-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Yessir it’s a 10mm
BreezyTL (05-20-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey man just checking in and seeing how everything is going. Is that bike out?
Old 08-05-2019, 10:19 AM
Safety Car

This summer has been nothing but being busy every weekend... I haven't driven the TL in over a month and the bike is covered in 2 inches of dust! Hopefully in the next month I can enjoy the car and get back to working on the bike. I did move it out into the sun yesterday to clean the garage out. I may have some time this coming weekend to do something, but I have insulation and drywall accumulating so I may try to finish my garage walls. Need more vacation time!
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Havent driven the TL in over a month?! I hit Vtec at least 10x a day bruhhhh. Cant wait to see how that bike turns out

Quick Reply: Breezy's TL-S Progress Thread