BLUE TE-37's . WHAT !?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 05:29 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw the title and was like "damn, somebody got the mags?!" haha. Looks like there would be a little too much blue going on if you actually got it.

Originally Posted by WhipGame

So FOR THE RECORD, unless already been discusssed. A 19in GT-7 in a +38 DOES NOT CLEAR THE BREMBO's lol ..
I'm pretty sure 19 +38 will clear if the disk is correct.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Advanced

lol dt made his first post to make a point .

& yeah ! "they offer that color" & they only offer them up to an 18 & its a different wheel all together than the regular TE series that I'd want to powder coat in a 19 .
I've been on here for a while just don't post much.

My dad had a '03 CLS, an '06 TL, and now a '07 TLS and when i was in the market for a new car I was considering a TSX but ended up with an '07 Si Coupe so i just lurk around.

And as for the TE37's there are two different versions. One which is still a normal forged aluminum TE37 in a limited edition Magnesium Blue color.

The other is a uber rare and super expensive TE37 Mag, which is made of magnesium and are easily recognized by casting marks on the center hub portion of the wheel.

Also, the way the spokes join with the perimeter of the wheel is different. The Magnesium wheel spokes flare out significantly towards the rim of the wheel. As opposed to the regular TE37s which do not.

Look at where the spokes meet the rim, the magnesium wheels have a wider taper of the spokes when they meet the rim surface. As opposed to the regular TE37s which do not do this.

^^ real magnesiums ^^
Notice how the ends of the spoke flare when meeting the surface of the rim.

^^ blue mag color TE37s ^^
On the regular TE37s the ends of the spokes to not flare out as aggressively as the real magnesiums

Hope that clears it up for you.

CLIFF NOTES: They Offer Magnesium Blue as a custom color option for both there TE37 and CE28.

Although the Magnesium Blue is a rare color and looks nice I wouldn't put it on a blue car. If you want a blue wheel I would probably just buy a regular set of TE37's in any non custom color in the size you want and then have them painted to match your car.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You mean dont post ever till now .. I was never confused to be cleared up, but for everyone else, sure ha . Thats what I just said, just not so detailed ha .. I work for a primarily import Performance Shop, so I know quite a bit about the products . My boss has been to SEMA the past 7 yrs I think.. Thats exactly what I would do tho. Get the cheapest color, or whatever I could find used, since Id be refinishing them anyway I dont care if they are used.. But wait, I didnt know you could get the regular TE's in that blue mag color from Rays ? I havent called em to talk about it, but Im sure they would paint a wheel if I asked em & payed for it .. I'd have that shit painted myself tho. Could get it done for just price of materials..
Old 12-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSXinHI
Saw the title and was like "damn, somebody got the mags?!" haha. Looks like there would be a little too much blue going on if you actually got it.

I'm pretty sure 19 +38 will clear if the disk is correct.
Welp, there's a picture & they didnt fit. I even put a 7mil spacer & it still didnt clear .. Now my GT-C's were ALSO a 38+ offset & they cleared with much room .. But the hub is totally different on the wheels. The GT-C has an extended hub that require extended lugs to where the GT-7 doesnt ..
Old 01-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Advanced

You mean dont post ever till now .. I was never confused to be cleared up, but for everyone else, sure ha . Thats what I just said, just not so detailed ha .. I work for a primarily import Performance Shop, so I know quite a bit about the products . My boss has been to SEMA the past 7 yrs I think.. Thats exactly what I would do tho. Get the cheapest color, or whatever I could find used, since Id be refinishing them anyway I dont care if they are used.. But wait, I didnt know you could get the regular TE's in that blue mag color from Rays ? I havent called em to talk about it, but Im sure they would paint a wheel if I asked em & payed for it .. I'd have that shit painted myself tho. Could get it done for just price of materials..
Thats what I was trying to clarify thats all. The fact that they do offer just the mag blue color as a custom color option for the regular non-magnesium TE's.

But I agree, refinish a used set or buy the cheapest new set possible.

Here is an example of what can be done with a beat up used set and a respray.

Here is how they looked BEFORE.

This is how they looked when they came back from the shop

FYI: In case anyone was wondering the Color is Glacier Frost Mica From the 2007 Lexus Line
Old 01-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Instructor

Damn can I get em ?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Advanced

Damn can I get em ?
They weren't mine but I thought they were a great example of how a TE can be brought back to life. The owner who refinished them and painted them white actually parted out his car and sold a few months ago.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Instructor

damn ! ha ! Hell yeah , you can save some pretty bad condition wheels .. Ive seen some bad ones get fixed up brand new ..
Old 01-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Advanced

Welp, there's a picture & they didnt fit. I even put a 7mil spacer & it still didnt clear .. Now my GT-C's were ALSO a 38+ offset & they cleared with much room .. But the hub is totally different on the wheels. The GT-C has an extended hub that require extended lugs to where the GT-7 doesnt ..
I'm saying your disk is probably the cause. You probably have regular disk or low disk (whatever rays calls it, O disk, R disk, low pad, etc, i dunno)...you need high disk to clear big brakes. The offset doesn't matter, it's the disk you are using. I looked at the picture, it looks like you have the wrong one. If you had high disk, the mounting surface of the rim/pad would be really thick, and your lugnuts would look sunken in to the wheel when mounted. Your lug nuts are sticking out, which i'm guessing is because you have a low disk wheel and your mounting pad is really thin. That "extended hub" you are talking about is probably because it's high disk, made to clear big brakes. The reason they were both +38 and one clears and one doesn't is because one is high disk, and one isn't. The rays sizing chart probably has something that denotes the wheel is a high pad and clears brembo/BBK. Just trying to help clear it up for other members so they don't think +38 gt7's are no good.