Blue LED Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nevermind my last message, I was helped by Brian and he had helped me every step of the way. He is very helpful and a very nice and useful person. have a good day guys.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:01 AM
9th Gear

I hope I don't get in trouble here for posting this since I have not became a Vendor here yet but I just wanted to clarify my pricing with everyone to clear up any confusion!

ALL members of this forum are given the exact same pricing if they purchase directly from me (Not eBay or my website). I have not raised my prices any and will not ever raise them for the members. The pricing basically breaks down like this: $5.00 per 9LED bulb, $4.00 per 6LED bulb, $1.50 per Single LED bulb (for the glovebox and center console), and $3.00 shipping for any amount of bulbs (US or Canada).

The Complete Package I have been offering members runs $71.00 shipped and contains 15 lights total. Here are the lights that are included: 2 Door Lights, 2 Front Map Lights, 2 Vanity Mirror Lights, 2 Rear Overhead Lights, 1 Glovebox Light, 1 Center Console Light, 1 Trunk Light, 2 License Plate Lights, and 2 Reverse Lights. All the bulbs are 9LED except the glovebox and console Single LED bulbs and are available in any color(s) the buyer chooses.

I apologize for any confusion perceived but wanted to clarify this for everyone.

As always, email me anytime you like for any reason at Brian@Tec-Toyz.com ! I am always here to help whether it is new sales, problems, issues, etc! Just please be patient with replies as I am a one man show and average 75+ emails daily now.

Hopefully one day when time allows I will be able to become a Vendor here! I greatly appreciate everyones business and it has been my pleasure to serve you all. Thank you Acurazine for all the referrals!

Brian "Tec_Toyz"
Old 06-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Ricer! :p
Old 06-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
than the new lexus is and gs must be ricer too.... cuz they come standard whese these lights.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ckya
not to hijack the thread...but here's a pic of my car with white LED @ the front and blue @ the back...and the white balance setting of the cam can realy change the color of the blue and white....but i've changed to another blue now. this blue u c is a bit more cyan-ish.

here's just the front in white
Which of these 2 pics would be accurate of hyperwhite? This is driving me nuts. No one can seem to post accurately colored shots of the blue vs. hyper. And I don't think I've ever seen one on ebony. Still don't know which I should buy.

Clearly, the top pic looks plain white, the bottom more blueish. But I'm thinking the top is more accurate? Yes?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by meagain
Which of these 2 pics would be accurate of hyperwhite? This is driving me nuts. No one can seem to post accurately colored shots of the blue vs. hyper. And I don't think I've ever seen one on ebony. Still don't know which I should buy.

Clearly, the top pic looks plain white, the bottom more blueish. But I'm thinking the top is more accurate? Yes?
No actually you are driving us nuts. It has been stated over and over again that the camera changes the hue of the color. I think the only question you should have is a personal question........do I want blue lights or white lights. I mean its fucking lights that cost $5 so buy one blue and one white and try it out.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
fight fight!
Old 06-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lembowski
No actually you are driving us nuts. It has been stated over and over again that the camera changes the hue of the color. I think the only question you should have is a personal question........do I want blue lights or white lights. I mean its fucking lights that cost $5 so buy one blue and one white and try it out.
The question is - which of the 2 above pics is more accurate? It's a reasonable question! Further, if I posted the pics I would have commented on which one is more true. They are totally different. Not even in the same realm. Unless this is merely an example of how different cameras react - I'd like to know which one is accurate.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The question is - which of the 2 above pics is more accurate? It's a reasonable question! Further, if I posted the pics I would have commented on which one is more true. They are totally different. Not even in the same realm. Unless this is merely an example of how different cameras react - I'd like to know which one is accurate.
Look at it this way.....

1) the top picture is in a darker environment
2) the bottom in a more lit environment
3) the top picture is more vibrant, because its closer to you and the camera in the shot.
4) color is descibed differently from everyone.

So if you care what my opinion is the top picture looks more like the hiperwhite........ but I suggest you get neither so your not angry after spending $70 on leds that you thought would be more white than blue. Stated by Brian at tech-toys the hyperwhite has a twinge of blue to it, this is why the second pick looks the way it does because its at a different angle.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Advanced

OK, just to add more to the argument...or discussion, take a look at the pic of my WDP in the same config https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/door-panel-trim-replacement-137937/ .

The photo is pretty accurate and after using it like this for a while, I loike it. I can actually read stuff with the map light now! (OK, I may be getting older too!).

As an aside, I can also say that Brian from Tec-Toyz stands behind his LEDs 100%. I had a problem with one, but he replaced it very quickly and without the least bit of difficulty. I would do business with him again...but I can't convince the wife she needs LEDs inside her MDX!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 AM
9th Gear

Thumbs up Great pics, please send me some everyone!

Wow ckya, those are some nice pics! Would you mind if I used them on my website under the Customer Rides section? I am trying to collect pics of various customers' rides for example pics on the sight and I am having trouble getting submissions. If anyone else out there would like to have the rides added or wants to send pics, PLEASE send them my way at Pics@Tec-Toyz.com and I will gladly post them! Include your name or nickname and location if you like, but please blur out any license plate info if sending license plate pics! Thanks again everyone for your business!

Brian "Tec_Toyz"
www.tec-toyz.com
Old 06-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Instructor

Yatesd - Those 12's look quite bright! I assume significantly brighter than the stock bulbs? In your avatar - am I looking at the reflection of blue leds or the white?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Advanced

Yatesd - Those 12's look quite bright! I assume significantly brighter than the stock bulbs? In your avatar - am I looking at the reflection of blue leds or the white?
Well the white LEDs, which happen to be 12-LED bulbs, are bright...about the same as stock bulbs, but the color temperature is higher which gives it an almost fluorescent look as opposed to the stock incandescent. They appear really bright in the photo due to the longer exposure time on the camera. They are brighter than the 9-LED blues I had in there before.

My avatar is a photo of the car when I was using straight blue LEDs. I only switched to white in the front after my wife complained she couldn't read anything (not like she reads Tolstoy as we drive through town, however). I switched the fronts to white just to see what it was like and I stuck with the mixed white front /rear and doors blue look. Blue is definitely max on the sickness scale, but white can be still be sick while making things a bit easier on the eye.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:47 PM
B A N N E D

How do you change the vanity lights without bending the metal piece? is there a special tool you should use? let me know please.

2006 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL w/ Ebony 5A/T Non-Navi
Modifications
A-Spec Body Kit w/ Decklid Spoiler
Painted Brake Calipers Red
Tec-Toyz White 9LED Conversion
Debadged
Smoked Taillights
35% Tints Around

Upcomming Mods
Comptech Rear Swaybar
UR Pulley
Comptech E-Shift ProCats
Comptech Cat-Back Exhaust
Meshing Front Grills
Old 06-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Stay off my lawn!!

Hey yall quick question, has anyone else experience the blown fuse scenario mentioned above? I'm considering this mod and wondering if this is a common occurence. Any electrical wizzes out there who could give the lowdown on why or why not LEDs would blow your fuse?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:01 AM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLux
Hey yall quick question, has anyone else experience the blown fuse scenario mentioned above? I'm considering this mod and wondering if this is a common occurence. Any electrical wizzes out there who could give the lowdown on why or why not LEDs would blow your fuse?
Well I had this problem, but its not from the product... In my case I had to take out the entire rear headlight unit from the sealing to make it easier for me to get to the actuall light (I have fat fingers lol)

When I reinstalled w/ the LED lights, I messed up the connection

It really shouldnt be a problem for you, or anybody, I was just doing it in a hurry...
And if you do blow a fuse its prob. the easiest thing to fix (just buy new fuse's from your Acura dealership like I did or autozone...etc. ) hope this helps.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Stay off my lawn!!

Thanks brownie, i think i get what you are talking about. Another question for the masses: has anyone seen this done with the tan interior (i don't know what the official name is...camel?). I'm wondering if hyperwhite would be a good choice or if there is a better color that wouldn't be over the top. Its a dark emerald pearl 2000 tl-p by the way.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:43 AM
B A N N E D

hello, i know ive read information on this but I have no idea how 2 pry open the vanity lights, i am getting it inbetween the metal and the lens and I kinda bent the metal a little bit but its not very noticeable. If anyone can be very descriptive on how 2 remove the lens I would very much appreciate it.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
use a butter knife.. that's what I did.... pry from the bottom of the light (where you click it to turn it on) downward/backwards and its pops out easily.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by holybear
hello, i know ive read information on this but I have no idea how 2 pry open the vanity lights, i am getting it inbetween the metal and the lens and I kinda bent the metal a little bit but its not very noticeable. If anyone can be very descriptive on how 2 remove the lens I would very much appreciate it.
Sounds like you're in the right spot but you need to go in from the center of the car and push out towards the side. There's a fin on the plastic that clips into the metal housing.

It's not easy.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by yatesd
OK, just to add more to the argument...or discussion, take a look at the pic of my WDP in the same config https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137937 .

The photo is pretty accurate and after using it like this for a while, I loike it. I can actually read stuff with the map light now! (OK, I may be getting older too!).

As an aside, I can also say that Brian from Tec-Toyz stands behind his LEDs 100%. I had a problem with one, but he replaced it very quickly and without the least bit of difficulty. I would do business with him again...but I can't convince the wife she needs LEDs inside her MDX!
You said you replaced the blue bulbs with 12 LED lights from superbrightleds.com correct? do you recommend this over the 9LEDs that tec-toyz offer? I'm undecided on which one will look better. Also were they the 921 bulbs that you bought in the Miniature Wedge section? Thanks.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:55 PM
10th Gear

i read all the post but i still dont know which bulbs to buy for all the interior lights, back-up lights and the license plate lights
Old 06-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sammieboy
You said you replaced the blue bulbs with 12 LED lights from superbrightleds.com correct? do you recommend this over the 9LEDs that tec-toyz offer? I'm undecided on which one will look better. Also were they the 921 bulbs that you bought in the Miniature Wedge section? Thanks.
Hey Sammieboy...sorry it took so long to reply, but I'm in the middle of moving to Florida and sitting in a sea of boxes. Your question is difficult to answer because the 12 LED bulbs I have are white and my blue ones are the 9 LED from TecToyz. I can't do a side by side comparison because of the color difference. I would recommend you get one of each in the blue which would give you a good basis for comparison. The 12 LEDs do have a better light scatter to the side, which is good for the TL because of the way the reflectors are designed in the light fixtures.

And yes, the white 12's are the 921 bulbs found in the mini wedge section at Superbright.