Aspec suspension pic request

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Drifting

Received 171 Likes on 150 Posts
The front drivers side was 26 7/16" before the new a-spec springs and after it was still 26 7/16" when I set it down from the floor jack. But I just went for my first drive (only 5 miles) and came home and re-measured and it’s already between 26 and 26 1/16. So that's a difference of 6 - 7/16" lower. That's almost 1/2" drop in driving 5 miles. I can't tell about the Rear yet because I still have the back seat out. But it’s about the same situation as the front. It's clearly measurably lower. And the back seat and the back rest are pretty heavy together. So I’m pretty excited to see what happens this coming week. The reason I still have the back rest off is because the rear deck is removed and I'm leaving it off at least until tomorrow. I bought some carpet to put down between the rear deck and the cover panel. I’m going to try to subdue the rattling/vibration coming from the bass woofer. I'd really like to drop an 8" JL sub before I put it back together. So it may be disassembled for a week or so, unless I can find something in Dallas on Sunday(tomorrow). Anyway, I want to re-install the rear seat and drive it a week before I take pictures. Maybe it will drop some more? haha And, it drives great. I feel like so many more bumps than before.. But not in a bad way. Before, my shocks were bad and the right rear was not only bouncing all over the place, but when I took measurements, it was also the lowest out of all 4 corners.. Like something was wrong with that corner. Oh well, it’s all fixed now. And it even steers more predictable and I'm not all over the road like before. It was real floaty before. Like if you were doing a fast speed, you would feel like you have to hold on to your seat because it felt like there wasn’t much control of the car. I hated that feeling, especially coming from a 97 SS Camaro. I'll post some pictures when I get some decent weather in about a week.

Last edited by Chad05TL; 10-23-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Drifting

More pictures in my Garage. This is only 1/2" drop. The kit has been installed for a week now. The car is presently sitting between 26" and 26 1/16" on all 4 corners. It does seem to fluctuate depending upon if my wheels are turned or if i'm on a totally flat surface, but I have measured 3 times, and that is the average.

Another thing I noticed is the sun, and the way it hits the front tires verses the back tires. I think the wheel wells stick out more in the back, and the tires are more hidden, and some pictures can make the back look lower because of the shadowing from the sun. But as of right now in my garage, the rear is nearly equal to the front and its actually sitting slightly higher, like 1/16th.

I also wet sanded the trunk before I added the A-spec emblem. Making progress!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Drifting

I forgot one thing, in my album, where I parked and took most the pictures, by the house, and the handicap parking spot, the road there is slanted backwards. Its slanted toward the rear of the car. So if anything, it should have looked slightly lower in the back if you can possibly tell such a small difference anyway.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Drifting

Big picture. love it. Click it. Btw, see the blue specs inthe paint? That's the Pearl part in, Nighthawk Black Pearl. hehe

Last edited by Chad05TL; 10-31-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:33 PM
JustEnjoyThis.

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad05TL
More pictures in my Garage. This is only 1/2" drop. The kit has been installed for a week now. The car is presently sitting between 26" and 26 1/16" on all 4 corners. It does seem to fluctuate depending upon if my wheels are turned or if i'm on a totally flat surface, but I have measured 3 times, and that is the average.

Another thing I noticed is the sun, and the way it hits the front tires verses the back tires. I think the wheel wells stick out more in the back, and the tires are more hidden, and some pictures can make the back look lower because of the shadowing from the sun. But as of right now in my garage, the rear is nearly equal to the front and its actually sitting slightly higher, like 1/16th.

I also wet sanded the trunk before I added the A-spec emblem. Making progress!
damn it looks good! you went with the a-spec suspension?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
Tein SS the only way to go

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 11-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Looks are subjective but you'll never get great performance with the car sitting on the bumpstops. I had to do a ton of work modifying my Konis to get back the stock suspension travel from the Konis plus a-spec lowering.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by lovelifee
damn it looks good! you went with the a-spec suspension?
Ya, just the Aspec.. I actually needed shocks.. I didn't really need springs.

But still it appears pretty low in person. And I took out that 4x4 appearance with the aspec.. But I've seen TL's on acurazine that are so low that they look "out of balance". Thats when the roof line is so tall and yet the bottom of the car is nearly sitting on the tires.. I think thats why you see so many owners putting those upper window louvers on their car. Its because their cars are too low. Those louvers have a tendoncy to bring the appearance of the roof line down .. But when you start putting louvers on the windows and rear glass, then your car looks like a different breed. Like 3rd world. just my opinion though.. But my car could be another 1/2" lower.. but I wouldnt want to go any further.. over all, I have a good handling car and it was affordable. And I killed 2 birds with one stone.. shocks and springs.

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-14-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Drifting

I was going to be nice, but the longer I think about it... I might as well say .... my car doesnt look like a trouble maker --> like a totally blacked out car that sits on the ground. I don't like attracting police at night and I'm not 21 and stupid. Plus, I like a Quality look.. Not like some "extreme" low rider. If I go any more than 1/2" lower, I'll have to start adding louvers and all that window crap to make it look balanced. And homie don't play dat. Louvers are ethnic related.. (sorta).. haha So yawl can put crappy aftermarket wheels on your car and lower it to the spindles like you live in mexico and I'll be lovin it as I toodle along in my factory setup lookin Rich for FREE... So yawl go spend more money to look like the best walmart has to offer. And I'll be laughn all the way to the frickn bank.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Team Owner

I was going to be nice, but the longer I think about it... I might as well say .... my car doesnt look like a trouble maker --> like a totally blacked out car that sits on the ground. I don't like attracting police at night and I'm not 21 and stupid. Plus, I like a Quality look.. Not like some "extreme" low rider. If I go any more than 1/2" lower, I'll have to start adding louvers and all that window crap to make it look balanced. And homie don't play dat. Louvers are ethnic related.. (sorta).. haha So yawl can put crappy aftermarket wheels on your car and lower it to the spindles like you live in mexico and I'll be lovin it as I toodle along in my factory setup lookin Rich for FREE... So yawl go spend more money to look like the best walmart has to offer. And I'll be laughn all the way to the frickn bank.
This is exactly why I like the a-spec drop. It's still classy and at 33yrs old I don't want to be associated with a certain Honda crowd. In fact I didn't want that when I was 17 lol.

My delima was when I installed the a-spec springs, I wanted to keep the shocks on the stock height. After doing so, the rear sagged due to the subs so I brought the front down 3/4" via the shocks. It's a little low for me but not too bad. Another reason I'll never do anything but stock rims.

The good thing yesterday is I had my TL at my so called father-in-law's house who has a TL-S. He's an older retired doctor. When he saw mine he commented on how it looks nice because some of them have too much of a gap but he couldn't tell it had actually been lowered. That's exactly what I was going for.

Chad, how are you liking the ride and performance?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Drifting

ya, I have seen some that have too much gap. I'm not sure why, like maybe Acura had more than one spring manufacturer domestically and abroad. (I know McDonalds has more than one hamburger MFG’r) And not all are identical even though the specs say they are the same from year to year / 04 to 08. I think my car was one of the higher ones. Not sure why. And from what I can tell, most 07 and 08's are a tad lower than what my 05 was sitting at before the new springs. But still, even then sometimes I would see an 07/08 that sat high like mine too. So, it's a bit confusing as to why some look higher than others on the common road.

But as far as factory wheels.. on my Z28, it had 16's and then I upgraded to the 17" SS SLP wheel. My opinion is that it takes a really great/expensive wheel to look better than what factory puts on the cars these days. It wasn’t that way years ago, but today, wheels are looking better and tire technology is high. My grandfather used to say, "Chad it wasn't anything uncommon to see someone pulled over and changing a flat tire". So rims are larger and tire speed ratings have increased. They only had Z rated tires in the 80's. haha And that was a fantastic thing to have a 16" rim and a Z rated tire. Wholey cow! (my first dream car was an 86 IROC)

Anyway, I definitely like the way my car rides now with Aspec spring kit. I even like my little emblem. Haha (extra $20) The performance is better and the steering is a little better. I think lowering the car changes the camber just a little bit toward the "better handling" side. When I used to post on LS1.com or dfwls1.com the opinions were that some negative camber helps the car handle better in the curves. I think it helps to stabilize somewhat too. So maybe that is why the steering changed just a little bit. But nothing drastic or exceptionally noticeable. Just a little better. Anyway, there is no “floaty” feeling now. But now that I finished the springs, I can judge the anti-sway bars.. And I think I want to add bigger front and rear sway bars. I'm just looking for the fattest solid bars I can find. Do you have a link or recommendation for that IHC?

I'm also needing 2 new tires, but I may just buy 4 new ones if I can find a sale around black Friday. Like maybe this
Michelin PILOT SPORT PS2
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...42000P?prdNo=5

or this
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tire
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...4000P?prdNo=17

But I'm still undecided on both of these tires. My main objectives are cornering ability and appearance and tread wear. And I'm also undecided on Size. If I get a lower profile, like 235/40-17 (from 235/45-17) it may increase wheel gap. But a shorter tire handles better IMO. I’ve been looking at the tire section and all the pics.

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-14-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Drifting

by the way, when i was 17, I just wanted a Trans Am.. I never thought about lowering a car. I didnt even know it was possible. So let alone a desire to lower it.. I didnt know how anyway. Its like, just get the trans am and fix anything that is wrong with it. (like broken) It wasnt until 1999 when I had a 96 WS6 Formula with Ram air (black) that I decided to lower it.

That formula was by far the most aggressive and sporty feeling in any car I ever had straight from the factory. And even my 2000 WS6 Trans Am with ram air (pewter) didnt even handle as good as that 96. Even my brother in law commented last year on how aggressive that formula was. And I said "You Remember that?!" He said ya.. That's how good it was. It had flow masters too.. haha sounded like a beast. Shoulda kept that one.. But I was having many problems with it and I didnt know how to fix the problem nor did I have the time or the facilities to fix it.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
JustEnjoyThis.

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Ya, just the Aspec.. I actually needed shocks.. I didn't really need springs.

But still it appears pretty low in person. And I took out that 4x4 appearance with the aspec.. But I've seen TL's on acurazine that are so low that they look "out of balance". Thats when the roof line is so tall and yet the bottom of the car is nearly sitting on the tires.. I think thats why you see so many owners putting those upper window louvers on their car. Its because their cars are too low. Those louvers have a tendoncy to bring the appearance of the roof line down .. But when you start putting louvers on the windows and rear glass, then your car looks like a different breed. Like 3rd world. just my opinion though.. But my car could be another 1/2" lower.. but I wouldnt want to go any further.. over all, I have a good handling car and it was affordable. And I killed 2 birds with one stone.. shocks and springs.
nice! i'm getting the aspec in the spring..and i feel you on that i like how low your tl sits, its not like others i seen that the wheels start to bend in and it just looks stupid from behind..where did you buy your aspec suspension from?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Drifting

I ended up getting mine from DCH directly, even though I saw them on ebay. So I was in contact with them throughout the process. Much safer that way. A real dealership with a phone number.. So I contacted them about 3 things so they sent me the springs and shocks and 4 splash guards and the emblem for $55 shipping, plus the price of each of course. But they grouped the shipping together. Which was nice they didnt try to make extra money off that with separate shipping charges for each.
http://stores.ebay.com/DCH-Acura-of-Temecula

I bought the Automatic spring kit for my automatic transmission. Some people on here are installing the manual spring kit on the automatic but I didn't want to do that. And I got just what I wanted. Works great. I'm just moving on to my next project.. And I said I wasn't going to get in that trap. haha

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-14-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Team Owner

ya, I have seen some that have too much gap. I'm not sure why, like maybe Acura had more than one spring manufacturer domestically and abroad. (I know McDonalds has more than one hamburger MFG’r) And not all are identical even though the specs say they are the same from year to year / 04 to 08. I think my car was one of the higher ones. Not sure why. And from what I can tell, most 07 and 08's are a tad lower than what my 05 was sitting at before the new springs. But still, even then sometimes I would see an 07/08 that sat high like mine too. So, it's a bit confusing as to why some look higher than others on the common road.

But as far as factory wheels.. on my Z28, it had 16's and then I upgraded to the 17" SS SLP wheel. My opinion is that it takes a really great/expensive wheel to look better than what factory puts on the cars these days. It wasn’t that way years ago, but today, wheels are looking better and tire technology is high. My grandfather used to say, "Chad it wasn't anything uncommon to see someone pulled over and changing a flat tire". So rims are larger and tire speed ratings have increased. They only had Z rated tires in the 80's. haha And that was a fantastic thing to have a 16" rim and a Z rated tire. Wholey cow! (my first dream car was an 86 IROC)

Anyway, I definitely like the way my car rides now with Aspec spring kit. I even like my little emblem. Haha (extra $20) The performance is better and the steering is a little better. I think lowering the car changes the camber just a little bit toward the "better handling" side. When I used to post on LS1.com or dfwls1.com the opinions were that some negative camber helps the car handle better in the curves. I think it helps to stabilize somewhat too. So maybe that is why the steering changed just a little bit. But nothing drastic or exceptionally noticeable. Just a little better. Anyway, there is no “floaty” feeling now. But now that I finished the springs, I can judge the anti-sway bars.. And I think I want to add bigger front and rear sway bars. I'm just looking for the fattest solid bars I can find. Do you have a link or recommendation for that IHC?

I'm also needing 2 new tires, but I may just buy 4 new ones if I can find a sale around black Friday. Like maybe this
Michelin PILOT SPORT PS2
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...42000P?prdNo=5

or this
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tire
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...4000P?prdNo=17

But I'm still undecided on both of these tires. My main objectives are cornering ability and appearance and tread wear. And I'm also undecided on Size. If I get a lower profile, like 235/40-17 (from 235/45-17) it may increase wheel gap. But a shorter tire handles better IMO. I’ve been looking at the tire section and all the pics.
Check out the Nitto NT05. Wet traction is great. Dry is unbelieveable. They are very close to a race "R" compound in the dry. They are only average at channeling standing water away.

Turn-in and response is literally on the level of a full race tire. They are stiffer than stock but not as stiff as some regular summer tires. They can get away with this because of the very large treadblocks that don't squirm under cornering. No need on these to go with a lower profile, they will give you all of the response you could ever want at a reasonable aspect ratio. I personally would not go with a lower ratio for the street anyway. Besides the lack of rim protection, you end up with worse cornering over bumps but better on very smooth road.

Noise is almost non-existant. They are at least as quiet as the OEM tires.

The downside is a 200 treadwear rating but it's well worth the tradeoff. I believe full retail is close to $950 for 4 tires in the 255/40/17 size but I got them out the door installed for $850 the first time and after a little negotiation, $650 out the door mounted, roadforce balanced, and warranty for 4 tires. Not bad at all. Most shops seem to negotiate very easily on these tires.

As for swaybars, you have to be a little conservative on these FWD cars. If you have the money, the H&R kit is about the best out there. I'm running the 28mm H&R front along with the 24mm Progress rear. The H&R bar is stiffer than it's size would indicate. Must be the metallurgy. On street tire with these bars, a-spec springs, and Koni shocks, there's virtually no body roll while retaining acceptable ride quality.

You have to be careful of going too large on the front of this car especially with the relatively soft a-spec springs. Not only will you run into understeer but it will try and lock the inside front tire easier when braking into a corner and spin easier on exit. The 28/24 combo is as aggressive as I would go on these springs. This will give a nice handling balance with the front bar set in the soft position and the rear bar in the firm. You will still have some understeer but much less than stock and high speed stability will be greatly improved.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Drifting

Thanks for the info.. Its funny you said "relatively soft a-spec springs.." Because when I type that, I was a bit confused if they were firm or soft.. because as it is, my opinion is quickly changing about them. At first I thought they were firm, especially compared to the base TL springs. But maybe I am just getting used to it, but it seems now I don't think they are quite as firm as I thought before. It may be just that the shocks dampening rate is mediocre. I still like them of course, but it seems that maybe they are 1/2 firm and 1/2 soft. I think I am still getting some "extra" body movement partly from small anti-sway bars.. So, I'm hoping the sway bars will not only help cornering but also reduce some of the side to side movement even in a straight line over bumps and wavey surfaces.

As far as tires, I don't really want to go wider than 245. So far I have been very good about not parking close to curbs and going around the Wendy's drive thru =). As far as which tires, Nitto's sound impressive. I would be nice to find some pictures of the 245/40 17's.

Also a friend of mine has those All season bridgestone 235/45 17's on his car and they look bigger than my hankook 235/45 17's on my car. Like just the bulkiness of the tire. wierd.

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-15-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Drifting

Dude your a fag,if you read the thread you would have noticed that he wanted pics of a car with Tein SS and a pic of a car with aspec suspension. No one posted a pic with Teins on so i thought i would contribute. No one asked for your smart ass comments about my car. None of my mods are from wal-mart retard. Thats where you bought your little half-shirt your wearin in that pic of your cars reflection So buying window visors are ethnic related huh? Explain that moron You make no sense attacking my car,I guess your mad u didnt get Teins yourself because your just looking rich and cant afford them. I have no problems with the law because of my car So why dont you toodle along and keep your dumb comments to youself
Old 11-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^^^damn
Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Italiano
Dude your a fag,if you read the thread you would have noticed that he wanted pics of a car with Tein SS and a pic of a car with aspec suspension. No one posted a pic with Teins on so i thought i would contribute. No one asked for your smart ass comments about my car. None of my mods are from wal-mart retard. Thats where you bought your little half-shirt your wearin in that pic of your cars reflection So buying window visors are ethnic related huh? Explain that moron You make no sense attacking my car,I guess your mad u didnt get Teins yourself because your just looking rich and cant afford them. I have no problems with the law because of my car So why dont you toodle along and keep your dumb comments to youself
well first of all fag... in the picture I was working for several hours on my car.. standing up and sitting down and stooping and all that.. I lost 4 pounds by working all day and not eating.. So Fu*ck you. You're probably a chubby "Italiano".. a? You like a little greasy garlic bread for dinner? haha

anywho.. maybe you dont have wal-mart modifications, in the literal sense.. but ... but.. *sigh*

no.. I don't want teins. (thats easy)

And I wasnt really attacking your car. Just cars *LIKE* yours.... so *W h a t e v*

And if you really want me to explain ethnic windows visors or louvers or whatever they are.. then..just look around.. thats alls i got to say...

and by the way, we can compare checking accounts if you want...but its not about money.. its about taste for me.. and how I represent.

And at least I dont use gay animated GIFs in my post to express my thoughts.

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-16-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Drifting

^ I figured u might like that smiley. What a Quinkie dink,(cars like yours) It was very obvious you were referring to my car shortly after i posted my car you start talking about my mods.I figured you would back peddle and play stupid. Im sorry you worked for hours on your car and you were up and down and stooping and broke alittle fag sweat that caused your shirt to shrink.:gheywave: Least i was trying to contribute not bash on someoneGet a life and when your in N.C let me know so u can try talking your to my face.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Drifting

dude.. your animated gifs are doing the wav... and the pom pom cheers.. so please stop... too much..
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Drifting

pom pom's and wav's = 2002
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Drifting

:gheylaugh:gheyhug: = Chad
Old 11-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Drifting

haha you crack me up..

but wait.. let me help you out..

can't read my poker face.. beeatch...

Gaga poker face JDB Club mix.mp3

now you know the business

so get rid of the louvers.. haha .. and I say that with acura brotherly love..

(I know.. I'm so full of it)

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-16-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL wow...first of all italino was simply replying to the forum the guy asked for pics of aspec and tein ss drops. Then you go on trying to bash on his car wow. Soo he was simply trying to help the guy out who started the thread and you want to turn on teenage insults.

1st of all sorry to inform you but your no where near LOOKING RICH driving a 05 TL with a bunch of little aspec shit. Try a 2010 RL, or im guessing your mom couldnt co-sign for that.

2nd you prolly cant afford 1/2 the mods italino has on his car.

Hmm lets see
AEM CAI
ATLP jpipe
ATLP race pipe
ATLP exhaust
Tein SS
xxr wheels
aspec lip kit

THATS ONE BALLER ASS WALMART IF YOU ASK ME.

Keep your stupid ass comments to yourself and dont bash on ppls cars.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:00 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

well first of all fag... in the picture I was working for several hours on my car.. standing up and sitting down and stooping and all that.. I lost 4 pounds by working all day and not eating.. So Fu*ck you. You're probably a chubby "Italiano".. a? You like a little greasy garlic bread for dinner? haha

anywho.. maybe you dont have wal-mart modifications, in the literal sense.. but ... but.. *sigh*

no.. I don't want teins. (thats easy)

And I wasnt really attacking your car. Just cars *LIKE* yours.... so *W h a t e v*

And if you really want me to explain ethnic windows visors or louvers or whatever they are.. then..just look around.. thats alls i got to say...

and by the way, we can compare checking accounts if you want...but its not about money.. its about taste for me.. and how I represent.

And at least I dont use gay animated GIFs in my post to express my thoughts.
*W h a t e v* ?? you have to be 16 or a girl...havent figured out which one yet.

ive met italino in person...could jack your lil ass up

Comparing checking accounts dont count if you still use your moms

and last but not least you represent a stock 05 TL with some aspec shit....job well done. Looks just like every other 05 tl you see at the dealership with the aspec package...
Old 11-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by akrapovic
LOL wow...first of all italino was simply replying to the forum the guy asked for pics of aspec and tein ss drops. Then you go on trying to bash on his car wow. Soo he was simply trying to help the guy out who started the thread and you want to turn on teenage insults.

1st of all sorry to inform you but your no where near LOOKING RICH driving a 05 TL with a bunch of little aspec shit. Try a 2010 RL, or im guessing your mom couldnt co-sign for that.

2nd you prolly cant afford 1/2 the mods italino has on his car.

Hmm lets see
AEM CAI
ATLP jpipe
ATLP race pipe
ATLP exhaust
Tein SS
xxr wheels
aspec lip kit

THATS ONE BALLER ASS WALMART IF YOU ASK ME.

Keep your stupid ass comments to yourself and dont bash on ppls cars.

ok so all I see is a rant here.. In other words a bunch of babbling..

as far as affordability.. I'm a Sr. Engineer and I have zer0 debt. Does that mean anything to you? I own my car 100%... no lien.. I have no credit card debt.. I have no student loans... no alimony, no back taxes.. no mortage... Imagine debt free and then with a high income... and thats what I am. You are seriously addressing the wrong guy regarding the income thing..

And I don't have a wife or kids. I won't even pay Verizon $20 for data on my cell phone. And I get a 23% discount through my company. I would tell you how much I am paid, but there is a such thing as privacy and I don't think you're worth it.

The weight of the world is heavy... but my burden is light. says the Lord of hosts.

So he is my only burden.. And I'll take that over anything you have, any day.

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-16-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:09 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

well mr. SR engineer if i were you i wouldnt be driving a stock ass TL go upgrade rich guy and leave us poor ppl to drive our little acuras around with our crazy wheels and suspension and walmart mods NONSENSE!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Drifting

ok I should probably appologize for the bad language.. I'm a man just like everyone else and therefore I tend to return the same for whatever is pushed at me.. cursing is not a good thing and not my general practice. any who.. bed time.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:31 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

Besides that OP i think you got your SS pics and a spec pics. I personally believe to go with the SS if you have the funds simply because you can adjust w/e height you want. If your looking for a simple drop not to much i would go with the Aspecs and avoid with additional wear on tires and camber kits. Im going for the walmart look so i went with the Tein SS's and EDFC controller for a 2 1/2in-3in drop.

whatever your choice may be always remember its best to KEEP your oem parts in case you change your mind or intend on reselling the car.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Drifting

well mr. SR engineer if i were you i wouldnt be driving a stock ass TL go upgrade rich guy and leave us poor ppl to drive our little acuras around with our crazy wheels and suspension and walmart mods NONSENSE!
I drive a TL because it's a good car and I don't drive a more expensive car because I am saving for a house.. And I hate taking out a large loan for a house. Being over leveraged is a bad thing. I have learned to be more conservative after the telecom crash in 2001. Besides, whats a stock TL? Most TL's are very similiar.. All have the same size engine except TL's have 15 more HP or so.. which is not that much.. And plus I have Navigation.. so.. Its not a cheap version.. So, just stick with the facts man.

but fyi... It's just a car.. In a few years we'll all be driving something else.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:16 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

FYI don't bash other members cars
Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Team Owner

ive met italino in person...could jack your lil ass up

You can tell that by looking at a person, huh? You have a lot to learn.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Drifting

Too funny Op now u can decide for yourself
Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Drifting

So to the guy that started this thread,what set up u going with?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Drifting

FYI don't bash other members cars

Acurazine is fair game to opinons. (see below) Opinions are part of the reason of why we post. Good or bad.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/what-hell-798563/

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-18-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Drifting

bump to a funny ass thread on this page...O.P never replied..too funny
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,600 Posts
hahaha
last log in 3 months ago

anyways
drop on AT Type-S with MT A-Spec susp looks pretty well
with 18"
Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Drifting

Guess I scared the O.P away....or maybe Chad's tight ass little half shirt he was wearing in his pic....
Old 07-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
Keep it going !

Two years later haha Italiano you win

Quick Reply: Aspec suspension pic request