2008 TL Base WDP (68k Miles)-Brian's Tron Car build - Page 3 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

2008 TL Base WDP (68k Miles)-Brian's Tron Car build

Old 02-09-2019, 11:47 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
What about a meet is illegal or prohibited? Loud exhaust or something on the vehicle itself? Or having a gathering is just illegal "just because"?

The usual WTF regarding Cali car laws, I guess.
Meets are supposed to be legal in my opinion, its literally just a group of people meeting up (in this case, for the common interest of cars) . However, law enforcements have actually taken advantage of these gatherings due to the repetitive outcomes after the meet.
TLDR: Sorta, california doesnt like cars.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:06 AM
WTF?

Originally Posted by Brian Le View Post
Meets are supposed to be legal in my opinion, its literally just a group of people meeting up (in this case, for the common interest of cars) . However, law enforcements have actually taken advantage of these gatherings due to the repetitive outcomes after the meet.
TLDR: Sorta, california doesnt like cars.
Is this everywhere, or in certain hot spots? Also, what do they do, what is the crime committed?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

Is this everywhere, or in certain hot spots? Also, what do they do, what is the crime committed?
As Brian mentioned, the police are using the meets to profile tuners. Parking isn't an issue, it's when you leave they catch you for exhaust, fogs, no front plate, tint, whatever they can get go for. This isn't about violations or anything it's to send a message that tuners arent welcome here in their city.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:37 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by DesertMistTL View Post
As Brian mentioned, the police are using the meets to profile tuners. Parking isn't an issue, it's when you leave they catch you for exhaust, fogs, no front plate, tint, whatever they can get go for. This isn't about violations or anything it's to send a message that tuners arent welcome here in their city.

Don't go to that city then.

It's ironic because 25% of the tuner cars in the U.S. are in California.

Here in Mississippi, we don't even have an annual inspection anymore. You can do anything and no one will care.

Man, I'm sorry to hear they're that way then.

I remember reading Long Beach has a law stating that people can drive past the same spot more than twice in 4 hours. That's straight up communism.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Here in Mississippi, we don't even have an annual inspection anymore. You can do anything and no one will care.

I remember reading Long Beach has a law stating that people can drive past the same spot more than twice in 4 hours. That's straight up communism.
Yep, it's for sure working when police raid meets like that. The area cools down on meets

As for Long Beach, I live there. The rule is called "cruising" you cant past a certain spot more than 2-3 times in an hour or something. Basically it's to weed out gang affiliated folks from driving by and looking to harass someone. Long Beach has a history of gang activity so this one makes sense.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM

Thanked 5,717 Times in 4,583 Posts

Your ignorance is showing
Old 02-12-2019, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

I'm assuming the cops aren't too concerned about car meets, its the takeovers that cause problems and give the community a bad image.

Theres people on youtube that film these takeovers. Admittedly they were entertaining at first but not so much anymore.

Anyways the car looks great with the wrap, I really want to wrap mine haha.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Here some visual aid for the messes California deals with. Some of these events occur more than once a week.
They literally block traffic and on some cases the shoot fireworks at police helicopters.

Last edited by 1black_seven; 02-13-2019 at 10:10 AM.