1st 3rd Gen Wdp Tl With Volk Gt-s

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007 | 09:01 PM

LOL...i was waiting for someone to say that. i was bascially at the edge of the drive way so i didn't think it would scrap...oh well, my plastic thing is jacked anyways =D
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:24 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Revolution SignWorks
some new pics...again..bad lighting cuz my house is covering the pics...also got some videos. I didn't lower the car more...got lazy after i helped my friend install shocks on his CL so we just washed our cars and that's it

CL-S & TL with Greddy EVO Exhausts

Videos don't do the sound any justice...it sounds way cleaner and NOT rapsy at all...
BTW...AEM CAI, 2.5 inch straight pipe w/ Greddy EVO

Reving Still

Driving away...looks like i'm too low scraping the drive way =D

Coming down the street at 70mph...lol

Brembo brakes + endless brake pads = whoa
Is the endless brake pad application for the Acura TSX?
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
it's all about the angles, son!
LOL, I told him maybe he should raise his car back up after he got out. I had the camera btw....

but after seeing the car/rims in person with the set up he has...I'll have to go on record and say this is one of the cleanest 04+ TL out there...especially with the greddys...and the sound clips do not do it justice...
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:27 PM
8AT > 6MT

uh...if the acura TSX comes with brembos...then yes. These are the same Endless Pads for the EVO/STi/G35/350Z, and others. They are Endless CC-A pads....by far MUCH better than the Project Mu NS pads i had before. Be ready for dust though =D
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:28 PM
I (don't) whine.

love the gold on wdp look!
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:34 PM
Safety Car

uh...if the acura TSX comes with brembos...then yes. These are the same Endless Pads for the EVO/STi/G35/350Z, and others. They are Endless CC-A pads....by far MUCH better than the Project Mu NS pads i had before. Be ready for dust though =D
Cool....I guess its time for me for a BBK upgrade.....
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:37 PM
8AT > 6MT

i'll take a video next week of my car braking from 60mph. you can buy my brakes if you like...oem brembos =D So i can go with a 6 piston setup =D
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:37 PM
Banned

wow
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:41 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
it's all about the angles, son!
LOL! I knew i would get shit for that!
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:41 PM
Safety Car

i'll take a video next week of my car braking from 60mph. you can buy my brakes if you like...oem brembos =D So i can go with a 6 piston setup =D
Actually, I'm planning on getting the brembo gran turismo front bbk and the rotora rear bbk.
Old 05-28-2007 | 10:04 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by dragonlord
Unfortunatley my edit time expired. I'm not trying to instigate anything. JD is trying to get more info, maybe his dealers aren't helping as much as our brothers on AZ can. So maybe if everyone helped instead of coming off as a know-it-all, more people would ask questions. Kennedy-you have helped me before and I along with others appreciate it, but don't get upset with our AZ brothers. We are all here to help each other. Thanks everyone, and sorry MODS for this response, but I felt I had to stick up for a friend who's learning, and a newb.
Dragonlord, please review the "Official Volk Racing Wheel" post. I answered his questions 3 different ways with informative and helpful responses. I provided links, I provided explanation, and I provided specifications.
He said he wanted GT-Cs, I gave him reccomended specs, based on folks with GT-Cs here.
He said he wanted GT-Ss, I gave him reccomended specs based on what I ordered.
He said he wanted a drop, I explained the difference between a spring drop and coils, and gave a reccomendation on setups.
I explained about TPMS, and how the bands are the only option for 2 piece wheels, and showed him how they're well adopted at this point (and have been in Nissan/Z community since 2003).
In the end, and 40 something posts later of asking the same questions over an over, Revolution Signworks, trancemission, and me gave up... Then he went ordered from Tirerack...
I can't help he called a bootleg dealer (AFTER we tried to answer his questions over and over) that don't know how to read the Ray's catalog, but as usual, he found the "enthusiast community" to know more than a vendor wanting to move product. I shopped Volks too, and never got a warm fuzzy that any knew what I needed... which is why I, and others, gave exact specs for what to order.

Now he continues to make posts as if we haven't tried to "educate" him on this topic, and I'm frustrated he makes stupid posts when we, and others, have told him how this stuff works.

Sorry for the rant, but please review the post history in the other thread. I can only lead a horse to water.

On Topic... RS, did you roll your fender with the Privats? Any rubbing with that wide of an offset now that you've dropped it?
and those Project Mu's are bolt ons for the TL? or are you going to "downgrade" to auto axles/spindles to be retrofittable?
Old 05-28-2007 | 10:22 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
Thats one of the MANY reasons I didn't get those Awesome wheels. I was dealing with 2 diff Volk Authorized dealers and they told me 2 differerent answers. AFTER they both called Mackin in Japan. I was told 19x8.5 +43 offset and +36. Plus the straps for TPMS IMO SUCK!!! And the 3-4 month wait is FCK'D UP. BUT your car is breathtaking Bra!!! I hope you don't have front end problems with such a large spacer
This is the ONLY comment I will make while the STEAM IS COMING OFF MY HEAD.
1. I called MANY dealers, I was going to order from 1 of 2 dealers.
2. I asked several questions because I am MORE of a perfectionist then YOU!
3. I thanked any and every person that helped. If I am treated like a child by other children, I DON'T take it very well.
4. I drove probably 500 miles to talk to people about TPMS, straps, ETC.....
5. Before I made any decision it was from HARD WORK and HUNDREDS OF PHONE CALLS.
6. I will stop now, as I could make the LIST MUCH BIGGER.
7. I DON'T WANT TO RUIN this thread on such a great car. I AM DONE, SAY WHAT YOU WANT, I DON'T CARE! DADDY
Old 05-28-2007 | 10:40 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Kennedy
On Topic... RS, did you roll your fender with the Privats? Any rubbing with that wide of an offset now that you've dropped it?
and those Project Mu's are bolt ons for the TL? or are you going to "downgrade" to auto axles/spindles to be retrofittable?
I did not roll my fenders, but i did have to raise the car a bit and run more negative camber in the back in order to not hit the fender. When i used Falken FK-451, everything was PERFECT, no rub, nothing. Then i needed new tires so i went with the Falken FK-452 and it just started to rub all over the place because it had a semi-lip protector. The sidewalls bulged out just a tad, i didn't want these problems so i went with 235s instead this time around.

I used 19x8 with the +30mm offset and it wasn't too bad...i'm sure if i had 235s i could go just as low as i am without any problems because i had 245s before with NO problems. So now with the 235s with a +35 offset (cuz i'm running a +43 with a 8mm spacer) it's perfectly fine so far...i might go lower next week, i might not, i dunno yet...still deciding...

On the topic of JD...i dunno, he just asks a lot of questions cuz he wants to get his shit right....but, i don't answer many of them cuz i got tired of doing so....plus everyone else was doing it multiple times so no need for me to...but hey, he's got rims now and he should be good cuz tirerack took care of him.

JD or anyone know how much he paid for those puppies? i'm surprised they actually had it in stock...most people don't stock 2000+ dollar rims.
Old 05-28-2007 | 10:59 PM
Safety Car

When I priced the Volk GT-C and GT-S, with ordering tires somewhere, then ordering wheels somewhere else, then going to Discount tire to get TPMS straps and sensors, and finding a place to tote all this stuff to be properly mounted and balanced, price was about $3700. The entire package from Tirerack with TPMS mounted normally, with shipping, mounted perfect, with lug nuts, lock nuts, Volk center caps, etc. To my door in 2 day sounded great for $3,999.58 And the weight of the Work Varanza 19" at 28.5# was too much IMO. When I was ready to get the Work wheel I was first told it was about 25#, which was my limit for weight. Unsprung weight is very important!

I like the RE 30's ALOT, but really wish I didn't go through so much shit with the other wheels. The posts and questions you read on this forum was very small compared to the hundred phone calls and people I talked to. NO IDEA the shit I heard. I have a 50 page notebook full of notes, websites, phone numbers and names. I see all you people LOVING the GT-S and it makes me angry from all the bullshit to just get wheels for a car.. Unbelievable!!! Have a great day and go buy a set of GT-S Volks.
Old 05-28-2007 | 11:16 PM
Drifting

I'll stay out now. I'm just waiting for my RonJon's.
Old 05-28-2007 | 11:32 PM
8AT > 6MT

To my door in 2 day sounded great for $3,999.58

I like the RE 30's ALOT, but really wish I didn't go through so much shit with the other wheels. The posts and questions you read on this forum was very small compared to the hundred phone calls and people I talked to. NO IDEA the shit I heard. I have a 50 page notebook full of notes, websites, phone numbers and names. I see all you people LOVING the GT-S and it makes me angry from all the bullshit to just get wheels for a car.. Unbelievable!!! Have a great day and go buy a set of GT-S Volks.
HOLY SHIT...4 grand? wow...i saved a grip... You just gotta talk to the right people i guess. I TALKED TO THE IMPORTERS THEMSELVES and i still didn't get the right wheels, but hey, i'm the lab rat so now everyone knows they can get the B type with +33 and they should be okay. my rims fit fine so i just need a hubcentric spacer and i'm good!
Old 05-28-2007 | 11:59 PM
Shift Gears

The car looks great, I wouldnt go any lower.
Its seriously timr for me to step my game up
Old 05-29-2007 | 12:08 AM
Recently turned 18

HOLY SHIT...4 grand? wow...i saved a grip... You just gotta talk to the right people i guess. I TALKED TO THE IMPORTERS THEMSELVES!

Apparently you and a couple others are coming in at the "average-round-about-ballpark-figure" price somewhere near 560 per wheel, whereas I consistently see an Advertised price around 720 per wheel. Guess it pays to know who to talk to because I think I might've pulled the trigger on them sooner. With all the posts on approximate costs of just the wheel I'm putting the "magic number" somewhere around $2100 for the set of 4 not including anything else. The closer (or lower) the better. Haven't started my serious hunt yet, but it's with posts like yours and Deuce's it's getting very difficult to not click on the shopping cart button.
Old 05-29-2007 | 12:26 AM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Blitz
Apparently you and a couple others are coming in at the "average-round-about-ballpark-figure" price somewhere near 560 per wheel, whereas I consistently see an Advertised price around 720 per wheel. Guess it pays to know who to talk to because I think I might've pulled the trigger on them sooner. With all the posts on approximate costs of just the wheel I'm putting the "magic number" somewhere around $2100 for the set of 4 not including anything else. The closer (or lower) the better. Haven't started my serious hunt yet, but it's with posts like yours and Deuce's it's getting very difficult to not click on the shopping cart button.
when you're ready... call up SIX best pricing around

Mike, time to live up to the name and get a vanity plate that says 1SIK TL and then some volks!
Old 05-29-2007 | 02:20 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

I love the way the rear is sitting nice and low..

Your car sounds sick dude!!! I can hear the combination of the AEM and the exhaust at WOT. Nice..!!
Old 05-29-2007 | 04:51 AM
71Q

Sounds excellent, and looks even better. Those wheels look awesome on there, Nice choice!

take care
Mark
Old 05-29-2007 | 05:18 AM
Safety Car

I don't want to mess up a thread on another car, but if you compare the different its $300. I was quoted about $2300 for GT-S all over. The 4 grand was a total, with everything included. I paid $720 per wheel, but didn't have to find a quality shop to mount and balance, that was included, plus I got the center caps for $60 not $130. Plus I didn't have to tote all this stuff around. Overall I overpaid only a little for the total package. Plus I didn't have to spend another $100 MINIMUM on gas and hours of driving/aggravation putting everything together. I also got it ALL in 2 days. When I added up all the things I needed, and all the orders from different places, putting everything together, Plus the TPMS straps that ( IMO SUCK) I talked to several people who own shops around here and they hated them! They said they had people complain about them coming loose. I could spend 100 hours typing 500 pages about all the shit I went through. TIRERACK MADE IT ALL HAPPEN FOR ONLY A LITTLE MORE
Old 05-29-2007 | 07:46 AM
8AT > 6MT

very true....your time is worth more than what you saved period.
Old 05-29-2007 | 08:52 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

RS, remember though, you offset is wider on a 8.5 in rim. Compared to the 8" netz at +30 = 15mm wider than stock, the extra 1/2 in is worth 6mm of MORE offset. With a +43 offset you're 8mm wider + an 8mm spacer = 16mm wider than stock... these GTSs are riding 1mm wider than the Netz (even though you have an equvalent +33). The 235 we're probably a good choice.

Yep, I paid $2300 for GT-Ss as well. Got the centercaps for cheap out of the BM, and have extra TPMS sensors (MB as well) and the TPMS banding kit. I'll set up the TPMS bands myself, and take the tires to the Toyota dealership for proper mount and balance (got a bud that's a sales guy there). All said and done, with a set of FK452, I'll have $3100 in mine... if they ever get here.

The RE's are a different kind of wheel, they don't use the billet machined centercap, hence the lower price.

RS, PM me the info on SIX if you don't mind. I used JLB in the past, and they we're great.
Old 05-29-2007 | 08:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Looking really good Tommy. Your ride has come a long way from when I first met you. I remember back then you weren't sure you wanted to mod the TL.

Time for you, Mike and me to do a photo shoot.

Maybe at the Crossings then grab a beer at BJs
Old 05-29-2007 | 10:27 AM
Recently turned 18

Time is money.

I just...I mean, for a little wait... No. You get....nevermind.

(sigh) (inhale) 19" GT-S
Old 05-29-2007 | 08:48 PM
8AT > 6MT

Time is money.

I just...I mean, for a little wait... No. You get....nevermind.

(sigh) (inhale) 19" GT-S
do it!

not GT-S though...i'm first...lol jk
Old 05-29-2007 | 09:24 PM
Shift Gears

Originally Posted by King of Pain
Looking really good Tommy. Your ride has come a long way from when I first met you. I remember back then you weren't sure you wanted to mod the TL.

Time for you, Mike and me to do a photo shoot.

Maybe at the Crossings then grab a beer at BJs
Lets do it!!!
Old 05-29-2007 | 09:34 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by SIK TL
Lets do it!!!
i'm down...when we gonna do this? tonight? tomorrow? actually i'm in shitty bakersfield wed/thurs for work
Old 06-03-2007 | 10:44 PM
8AT > 6MT

uh...so whatever happened to the beers? lol...MIKE I WANNA CHECK OUT YOUR CARPUTER!
Old 06-06-2007 | 01:00 AM
still dippin

nice wheels!
Old 06-11-2007 | 02:05 PM
tehLEGOman

I think my TL would engage in sexual intercourse with your TL if it ever saw it on the road.

...don't let this thread go anywhere!
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Those rims look super HOT

Although i would NEVER put spacers on my rims......

I have heard nothing but bad things about them, how are they working for you?
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

uh...so whatever happened to the beers? lol...MIKE I WANNA CHECK OUT YOUR CARPUTER!
Sorry bro,

I been working on my audio lately. My big JL Amp blew a circuit and I've been in the process of tearing apart everything in my trunk. It's a big mess in there. I just got the rest of the new stuff Ill be putting in today. Kinda sucks because I won't have time to do anything to it this weekend.
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:05 PM
Safety Car

What offset should they be? 19"x 8.5" A= +11,+24,+36. B= +21,+34,+46. C= +30,+43. What would the proper one be for no spacers with Brembo's? B= +46 ?
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:07 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

What offset should they be? 19"x 8.5" A= +11,+24,+36. B= +21,+34,+46. C= +30,+43. What would the proper one be for no spacers with Brembo's? B= +46 ?
You know the answer to that...
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:07 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
I think my TL would engage in sexual intercourse with your TL if it ever saw it on the road.

...don't let this thread go anywhere!
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....keep your nautie space shuttle from my baby!

Originally Posted by desper
Those rims look super HOT

Although i would NEVER put spacers on my rims......

I have heard nothing but bad things about them, how are they working for you?
so far so good...Mackin is actually giving me a set of Project Kics 15mm wide tread spacers and they're having it machined down to 10mm. They'll be Hub centric spacers....so far even with the 1mm or so of clearance i have, i've had no problems...nothing but looks from all the other import guys. When i had Privat Netz on the car before i used to get looks from EVERYONE. I still like those wheels A LOT! But with how low my car is, you have to run 235 tires. 245 was too much and with the +30mm offset, it just stuck too close to the fender.