Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:46 AM
F-SPORT

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Looking Good!!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:29 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How was your experience with buying out of state? I'm considering doing the same thing, but wonder if it's a big hassle? Did you have it inspected by an independent mechanic prior to buying it? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Also, congrats on the vehicle - it looks awesome!! Seems like it was a good choice.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 AM
07 TL-S - MT - CBP

Originally Posted by acidstained
How was your experience with buying out of state? I'm considering doing the same thing, but wonder if it's a big hassle? Did you have it inspected by an independent mechanic prior to buying it? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Also, congrats on the vehicle - it looks awesome!! Seems like it was a good choice.
It really comes down to what you are looking for. If you can find the car you want locally, I would spend a little more and get it locally than to travel to the other side of the country. I was looking for a few months for this combo before I found it.

I bought it CPO, so I did not have it insected. But if you are buying it from a non Acura dealer/non CPO/private party, I would definately get it checked out by a mechanic before buying it.

Couple things to consider: If you are traveling out of state to buy the car, it does not give you much room to negotiate with. Do all the negotiations/financial arrangements before you go look at the car (I was able to make them come down $1,000 before I went there) Also, if you buy from a local dealer, it makes it much easier to talk to them about any issues that arise. I had to contact the dealer I purchased from for a few things that were not included that were supposed to. Although I was able to get the issues resolved, it was not a very good experience.

Good luck on your search...what are you planning on getting?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:44 AM
10th Gear

I'm looking for a NBP or a CBP 2008 TL Type-S with the black (two-tone) interior. Would like to find one with less than 25k miles, but nothing even close to that ever comes up locally. There's one with 15k miles in Minneapolis at the moment and another one with 28k miles in Vegas at the moment, but I would really like to buy in state if at all possible. I must admit that I'm starting to get pretty discouraged, though, after 15 months of looking....

Thank for your thoughts, I appreciate it. Glad everything worked out okay.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by acidstained
I'm looking for a NBP or a CBP 2008 TL Type-S with the black (two-tone) interior. Would like to find one with less than 25k miles, but nothing even close to that ever comes up locally. There's one with 15k miles in Minneapolis at the moment and another one with 28k miles in Vegas at the moment, but I would really like to buy in state if at all possible. I must admit that I'm starting to get pretty discouraged, though, after 15 months of looking....

Thank for your thoughts, I appreciate it. Glad everything worked out okay.
if i could chime in here...i understand your frustration with finding the TL of your dreams. one that meets all your specifications, paint, interior, mileage, location etc etc.

ideally, yes, you want to pick one up within your state. that way its more conveinent, you don't have to fly or drive out somewhere only to leave empty handed, and you can return to that dealership if you ever need service done.

if it were me, keep looking, a lot of 08 type-s' are coming off of 3 year leases right now, and i have a feeling one is bound to pop up in your area. keep looking, autotrader, ebay, craigslist, anywhere. you will find one at some point. don't settle tho, make sure it is the one you've been waiting for the past 15 months.

i know it sucks waiting all this time, and it seems hopeless at times, but before you know it, you'll have it. keep searching.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:48 PM
07 TL-S - MT - CBP

, do not settle for one that you dont want, you will regret it. This has happened to me twice in the past, so this time I stuck out and did not settle until I found what I really wanted.

But man, 15 months is a long time to you. I wouldn't have this patience .

Since you are not after a MT, I would of thought it would be easier to find one.

Anyways, if the one you want is available out of state and is in the price range you are looking for and is CPO...I say go for it. I realized it's much easier to get things done if it's a CPO, even from another dealer.

But man I could never do 15 months....