XLR8 quad tip sound?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 PM
www.colradodetail.com

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
XLR8 quad tip sound?

Anyone in Colorado with this on their TL? I want to listen to it before i buy it and slap it on. really want to know what it sounds like at high speeds.... is it a nice hummmmmm or a whinning fart can noise? I cant really tell from these you tube videos. Little help please
Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondaforlife954
Anyone in Colorado with this on their TL? I want to listen to it before i buy it and slap it on. really want to know what it sounds like at high speeds.... is it a nice hummmmmm or a whinning fart can noise? I cant really tell from these you tube videos. Little help please
It is not whiny or high pitched. It has a deep throaty note to it. It can get louder if you do a non-resonated setup or more civil with a resonator.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
click on my youtube videos in my signature down below i have many videos of XLR8 Exhaust note.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 PM
www.colradodetail.com

Originally Posted by Lazer187
click on my youtube videos in my signature down below i have many videos of XLR8 Exhaust note.
your video on there was choppy but i think i get the gist of it. is it loud when driving on the high way? do you have a video of you in the car on the highway with everything closed?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
www.colradodetail.com

Was listing to the ATLP Exhaust on you tube and i think i like the sound of the XLR8 better!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 PM
www.colradodetail.com

Originally Posted by Excelerate
It is not whiny or high pitched. It has a deep throaty note to it. It can get louder if you do a non-resonated setup or more civil with a resonator.
I like the sound but i think ill go the resonator rout. I like loud but i also like to be civil.

Has anyone asked if you guys have sound bites of each type? That would be a cool idea to put on you site! Most likely be alot of work but it would be nice to be able to listen to them before you buy... just a thought
Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
i tell you right now that the res and non res sound about the same. ive taken the res off mine and added 2 resonators back to back. the res that came with it was just a bigger pipe with some bumps in it. did nothing to quiet down the exaust.

sound level wise my res xlr8 cat back was just as loud as a greddy evo 2. ATLP resonated quads come with a big resonator and has a deeper tone to it.

iver heard almost all catbacks for this car and res atlp quads prob sound the best IMO.

noise level wise i would say it goes
greddy evo 2
xlr8
atlp
comptech
tanabe

edit: heres a pic for you to see the dif between a magnaflow res that i added vs the one that came with the catback. the res on the cat back is TINY. and also the magnaflow pipe size is 2.5" ID where the cat back is 2.5" OD.... just to let you know so you can get a better understanding of the size.

here is my setup with a magnaflow and vibrant res added to the xlr8 catback. yes it was that loud that i added 2 resonators. added 1 then added another after the first didnt do the job. also performance wise i barely felt a diff by adding them. also sounds good to me. this is civil.... it sounds really good when i get on the gas tho.

Last edited by j1n; 06-15-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 PM
www.colradodetail.com

Originally Posted by j1n
i tell you right now that the res and non res sound about the same. ive taken the res off mine and added 2 resonators back to back. the res that came with it was just a bigger pipe with some bumps in it. did nothing to quiet down the exaust.

sound level wise my res xlr8 cat back was just as loud as a greddy evo 2. ATLP resonated quads come with a big resonator and has a deeper tone to it.

iver heard almost all catbacks for this car and res atlp quads prob sound the best IMO.

noise level wise i would say it goes
greddy evo 2
xlr8
atlp
comptech
tanabe

edit: heres a pic for you to see the dif between a magnaflow res that i added vs the one that came with the catback. the res on the cat back is TINY. and also the magnaflow pipe size is 2.5" ID where the cat back is 2.5" OD.... just to let you know so you can get a better understanding of the size.

here is my setup with a magnaflow and vibrant res added to the xlr8 catback. yes it was that loud that i added 2 resonators. added 1 then added another after the first didnt do the job. also performance wise i barely felt a diff by adding them. also sounds good to me. this is civil.... it sounds really good when i get on the gas tho.
Thanks for the info. It helped alot. In the end how much did it cost? did you do the work or did you have some one else to it.?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondaforlife954
Thanks for the info. It helped alot. In the end how much did it cost? did you do the work or did you have some one else to it.?
had a shop do the cuts and welds. i dont remmeber how much but prob like 250-300$ total parts and labor. i got the resonators for a good price online...

i hear the v2 atlp was made to be more quiet then the first one. atlp v1 prob is louder than what i have tho. i would look into the v2. i havent heard it yet tho.... and no1 around me has one.

Last edited by j1n; 06-16-2010 at 12:15 PM.