XCELIRTL's Mods (what should I do next)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Modding my TL in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XCELIRTL's Mods (what should I do next)?

Just as the title says, the following is a list of my mods - what do you guys think I should do next?!

Modifications

Engine: Custom Straight Pipe Exhaust Painted Black, E3 Spark Plugs, Fujita CAI w/bumper cut for RAM-Air Effect, IM Spacer Add Mod (Custom modified hood and brackets for engine cover fitment), P2R TB Spacer, RV6 J-Pipe, RV6 Test Pipe, Sprint Booster, TB Bypass Mod

Suspension: Comptech RSB Painted Black w/Energy Suspension Bushings, RV6 Upper Front Strut Tower Brace, Tein Basic Coilovers

Brakes: ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, EBC Front and Rear Red Stuff Brake Pads, EBC Front and Rear Sport Rotors with Slots and Dimples, Excellerate Performance SS Brake Lines

Wheels: Summer = 18x8 MSW Type 16 Black w/Red Stripe Rims and 235/40R18 Dunlop SP Sport Signature Tires, Winter = 17X8 MSW Type 14 Silver Painted Rims and 235/45R17 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 Tires

Electronics: Alpine Subwoofer Under Passenger Seat, Big Rig Horn, Custom Subwoofer Enclosure, Custom Trunk Rack for Sub Enclosure and Pyle DVD Player, DEI Dual Piezo Bleeder Sirens, Doms TV and Nav 2 Go (DVD/Zune), Garmin Nuvi w/Toughskin Case Custom Mounted, Kicker ZX300.1 Mono Amp w/remote Sub Control, KUDA Mounting Base Black Leather (Zune), Lighter Based Voltmeter, Optima #34/78 Red Top Battery, Pie X3 (DVD/Zune), Pioneer TS-W301 12" Subwoofer, ProClip Center Mount (Customized for Cell Phone), Pyle DVD Player in Trunk w/Remote Sensor by Shifter, Radio Shack Dual Tone Piezo to Replace Stock Lock Door Piezo; Whistler 1750 Radar Dectector

Lighting: 1W White LEDs throughout Cabin and Trunk, 9005 3000K HIDS, 9006 Philips 85122+ HIDS, Acura TL Type-S Side Markers, Blue LED Strips in Foot Wells, Blue Security Light LED, Front Side Marker Flashing Mod, Modified Trunk Light, Pilot NV-120 and NV-534 Fog Lights with Custom Brackets and CATZ Switches

Miscellaneous: Acura TL CF Pieces, Black Roof Wing Spoiler, Cabin Filter Mod, Chrome Strips Door Edging (pulled black vinyl), Debadged Emblems, Rain-X Wiper Blades, Vinyl Tinted Tail Lights, Weathertech FloorLiner Mats 1st and 2nd Row, Weathertech Window Visors

Last edited by xcelir8TL; 07-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Get Brembos
Old 07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Modding my TL in

Originally Posted by Lazer187
Get Brembos
I just upgraded my brakes! Thanks for the rec though!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pre cat deletes. atlp roof wing. a spec kit. atlp v2 j pipe. oil cooler. tranny cooler? idk if the base 5at has one

Last edited by greco9885; 07-12-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey xcelir8TL,

may I ask one question about the test pipe. You know how the stock has cover around the cat, did you reuse this cover for the test pipe or you did not use at all and left the test pipe by its self.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Modding my TL in

Originally Posted by tihomirbg
Hey xcelir8TL,

may I ask one question about the test pipe. You know how the stock has cover around the cat, did you reuse this cover for the test pipe or you did not use at all and left the test pipe by its self.
Hey. The test pipe is not straight, it bulges out like a high flow cat. Therefore, I left it as is. If someone asks "it's a high flow cat".

I'm keeping my original cat with 51K miles on it. I cleaned it up and painted the outside heatshields. I might need it for next year's inspection (if I fail with the test pipe on). Luckily, there are no visual inspections where I go.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Modding my TL in

Originally Posted by greco9885
pre cat deletes. atlp roof wing. a spec kit. atlp v2 j pipe. oil cooler. tranny cooler? idk if the base 5at has one
Precat deletes, maybe.

I already have a roof wing.

Aspec kit - yes, I agree.

ATLP V2 pipe - why, I just bought Richies (and I am very lowered).

Tranny cooler, possibly.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Did you tint the windows?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by xcelir8TL
Hey. The test pipe is not straight, it bulges out like a high flow cat. Therefore, I left it as is. If someone asks "it's a high flow cat".

I'm keeping my original cat with 51K miles on it. I cleaned it up and painted the outside heatshields. I might need it for next year's inspection (if I fail with the test pipe on). Luckily, there are no visual inspections where I go.
I know what you are talking about because I got the rv6 j-pipe and test pipe as well. I am planing to finish installation today and was not sure if I need to put the heatshields back on.

So, you are saying there is a chance of failing inspection. Where I go, there is no visual inspection at all and all they do is plug in the computer that if there is no check engine light, it is good to go.

Tim
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Modding my TL in

Originally Posted by alexSU
Did you tint the windows?
I had done so on every car I have previously owned except this one.

Mainly I didn't want to get pulled over and so far so good. Also, I keep reading/hearing of all the scratching/moleskin issues.

I'd like to - but am uncertain if there is a guranteed fix.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Modding my TL in

I know what you are talking about because I got the rv6 j-pipe and test pipe as well. I am planing to finish installation today and was not sure if I need to put the heatshields back on.

So, you are saying there is a chance of failing inspection. Where I go, there is no visual inspection at all and all they do is plug in the computer that if there is no check engine light, it is good to go.

Tim
Since I live down here in Plainfield Township near the Louis Joliet mall, they have an emissions facility there. I've taken my minivan I belive twice, and my car once. In all three times there is no visual inspection. They just hook up the OBDII cable to inside the car and that's it. There are no lifts, jacks, ramps or anything like it - so I can't see how there could be an inspection. I've heard others rumored the same thing.

Furthermore, if I do fail the inspection, I can drive home a few minutes away, let the car cool and swap the original CAT on and go back the next day or whenever deemed necessary.

Also, since my car is so low, it is near impossible to look under the car and see the exhaust (I painted it black) however now that the shiny shiny stuff is there, you never know.

I'm not worried about it. No MIL light is on, and our car doesn't technically need or have measurements on the third CAT - it's for California's ULEV standard.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Since I live down here in Plainfield Township near the Louis Joliet mall, they have an emissions facility there. I've taken my minivan I belive twice, and my car once. In all three times there is no visual inspection. They just hook up the OBDII cable to inside the car and that's it. There are no lifts, jacks, ramps or anything like it - so I can't see how there could be an inspection. I've heard others rumored the same thing.

Furthermore, if I do fail the inspection, I can drive home a few minutes away, let the car cool and swap the original CAT on and go back the next day or whenever deemed necessary.

Also, since my car is so low, it is near impossible to look under the car and see the exhaust (I painted it black) however now that the shiny shiny stuff is there, you never know.

I'm not worried about it. No MIL light is on, and our car doesn't technically need or have measurements on the third CAT - it's for California's ULEV standard.
Gotta ya. How is the spring booster? I am waiting for my exlr8 exhaust and then I will have to get me one of those sprint boosters to see how it can help me. LOL
Old 07-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, I keep reading/hearing of all the scratching/moleskin issues.
Tint Protector is having a sale right now. $25 for the TL acrylic Moleskin Kit.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Precat deletes, maybe.

I already have a roof wing.

Aspec kit - yes, I agree.

ATLP V2 pipe - why, I just bought Richies (and I am very lowered).

Tranny cooler, possibly.
atlp flows better, plus the v2 is meant for lowered cars. the v1 had to issues with scraping, but no the v2. when i went from rv6 to atlp, i noticed a huge difference

my next "major" mod will be an oil cooler, just gotta find one that will fit
Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Modding my TL in

Gotta ya. How is the spring booster? I am waiting for my exlr8 exhaust and then I will have to get me one of those sprint boosters to see how it can help me. LOL
I am very pleased with the Sprint Booster - before these last mods and definitely after. Makes a "world" of difference.