Who would like to help me pick out an exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
Both of you are retarded... I have done my research. And yes I know I don't want it to sound "exactly" like an sti but that's the general description of what I'm trying to go for as far as the throatyness and deepness of the sound. So go screw off. .. And as far as having a general idea of something is bs because a general idea isn't worth me spending a but ton of cash for something I'm not gonna like so I'm sorry I'm trying to be smart with my money and actually get something I like and not have to deal with returns or set telling for bs you faggots so go eat meat and get a life because y'all obviously don't have one if all you're gonna do is bash someone's thread like do you really go around the internet and think hmmm let's see what negitive dumb bs I can pull outta my ass today.

You're obviously dumb and can't read read. I've clearly stated some examples of different mods and also have said that you can't get a good feel for how they are from YouTube being there's a million different videos of the same setup but sounds completely different. So please go back to elementary school and learn to read you jackass
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n57xasmfat...5285466965.jpg
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The name calling...lol. Reminds me of my first year on forums. Yes, I'm an old man. Sorry, I can't really contribute much to this thread OP. But if there's one thing I learned on forums, it's how much people hate noobs who expects to be spoon fed the answers. Please keep in mind that some members have been around for years. Answering the same question over and over. MOST of the answers we (yes I'm a noob with TLs too) seek are in here. Hardest part is just looking for them. For what it's worth, I'm looking to open up my exhaust, lowering the car and having a flush wheel setup. And I know I'm going to be reading up on threads for the next 2 weeks. Especially this overly complicated exhaust on these 3rd gen TLs. I hope by now you have an idea of what you're looking for. Keep on pushing for answers and tone down the defensive attitude just a little bit. I did flunk kindergarten but I would have hated to be called a faggot on a forum. Personally, I like to think I'm much more charming than being compared to a piece of log.
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (02-14-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Mr. Detail

Received 198 Likes on 151 Posts
You might want to see if there is a shop in your area that specializes in high performance exhaust systems (both custom and aftermarket), the one around here, Kinney's Mufflers has sound clips from a lot of the systems they've built and installed.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:05 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok - read the first few posts and then saw it getting way off track... Skipped the rest.

Anyway - the STI / Subaru sound has to do with the unequal length header pipes from the boxer engine. I'm still new to the TL realm, since my TSX was just rear-ended and totaled 2 weeks ago, but I would bet you need some "oddly shaped J pipes" to get that unequal effect, but then again, you're faced with the dilemma of a 6 vs 4 cylinder exhaust sound.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by rideexileex
Ok - read the first few posts and then saw it getting way off track... Skipped the rest.

Anyway - the STI / Subaru sound has to do with the unequal length header pipes from the boxer engine. I'm still new to the TL realm, since my TSX was just rear-ended and totaled 2 weeks ago, but I would bet you need some "oddly shaped J pipes" to get that unequal effect, but then again, you're faced with the dilemma of a 6 vs 4 cylinder exhaust sound.
all you have to do is simply miss a shift and bend some valves.
compression in a cylinder will shortly go and then you can run around sounding like a Subaru.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM
KingKong_Dav

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts
single tip outlet with high polish finish. Sleeper.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
all you have to do is simply miss a shift and bend some valves.
compression in a cylinder will shortly go and then you can run around sounding like a Subaru.
No lie
Old 02-14-2014, 07:36 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
So I've seen all the posts about who thinks what is what and who thinks what's gay and stupid yes I've seen all the threads. What I'm asking is for more help towards what I'm looking for not what others are looking for so please don't bash my thread.

I've seen many different types of exhausts on YouTube but the thing is it's on YouTube. You can never really tell how it sounds. And I don't know anyone or have seen any other 3gen Acura TLs at meets around norther VA so I can't really see what sounds like what in real life you know?

I've seen some videos of the greddy evo2 exhaust on YouTube and that seems to be my favorite so far. I've also seen people just delete a car and muffler to make it a stage three or four stock system. But I don't really like how that's sounds. (The stage 3 isn't so bad) (the stage 4 just sounds stupid in a tl makes it sound like a shitty super car)

The sound I'm trying to go for is a deep raw strong throaty sound kinda like a modded Subaru sti.... I see people wanting to sound like a g35 and that's fine too but it's too weak for me. But I don't wanna sound like a super car screaming either just doesn't fit the TL personality you know?

Any anyone help?? I'm im the struggle please.

OP it seems to me that you should locate a greddy exhaust since that is the one YOU like. However, if you are looking for a "deep, raw, strong, throaty" sound; I will suggest the XLR8 Resonated Exhaust. So stop struggling and get what you want since its your TL. If its out of your price range, then save up. You have gone this far without an exhaust system, then little more patience will pay off if you wait.

Also, no offense, but you have come across as being a "lazyass" on this forum; so I see why someone would give you a hard time, but this time you did do your homework.........its just this has been ask by numerous members time and time again. Anyway, get what you like and have fun modifying.
The following users liked this post:
Eaglesfan9106 (02-15-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 AM
07ASM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
If you wanted that sound should have just bought a used Evo 8 for 15-20k. Problem solved.

If it wasen't for me having a led foot and getting tickets left and right I would have gone that route. Can't go wrong with AWD, 4 doors and turbo'd out the door.

In terms of the TL: It all depends on your pocket. You have to pay to play.

The best exhausts for a full set-up your gonna be looking at around 2k. Me personally I cannot come to pay that much for minimal gains. I went the 'cheap' route. Mid Muffler/Resonator delete and added Magnaflow mufflers. Much louder than any other exhaust you will pay 2k for and for the cost of about $300. Downfall is that you have a TON of drone between RPMs of 2-3k. Some people can't stand that, me personally I blast my music 24/7 so I don't hear it as much.

Last edited by PrimeTiime; 02-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.