What Next?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Next?

So I have had my TL for a little over a month now, and I think it's time to do something else!

So far I have mostly done aesthetic mods (underglow, wheels, emblems, tint) so now I'm looking into some performance upgrades. I have already installed an air intake (which does nothing but make the car sound better lol) so my next item was going to be an exhaust system. I was looking into the XLR8 exhaust (seen it mentioned many times on this site) is that any good? Is there something with more bang for your buck out there? Also, would I need the J-Pipe to get that good sound? And is there anything else I can do to improve performance without spending major amounts of money? At 17 nitrous sounds fantastic, but I feel like it might be a bad idea to have that around, plus I think it would destroy my 170K mile motor.

That's all I have in mind for performance (for the time being) now I want to get into some more appearance stuff. I just got new rotors and calipers and the stock brakes (99% sure they are stock) are incredible! Only problem is, well, they don't look incredible. I don't want to be cheesy about this as I'm all for quality, so I was wondering if these caliper covers were any good:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-HOTTEST-NE...sories&vxp=mtr

I read that they were plastic, and glue-ons which raised some serious red flags, so is there anything better? I know I can get mine painted, but they still look weak. Also, are there any colors that stand out to you guys as nice, with the black rims I feel like black brakes won't look to good so I was leaning towards maybe blue, yellow, or red, any insight is appreciated.

I think that is about it for now but I will update this if I have more questions. If you have any other modifications that you think are awesome, PLEASE POST THEM!!! I could use all the help I can get!

Also, here is my car so far:

I apologize if this is the wrong section, this is my first time posting on here.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:20 PM
-Brandon

Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts

Welcome to Acurazine aka the money pit! You're off to a good start! Your car looks good man!

Obviously I recommend the A-Spec lip kit, but I'll leave that up to you as you use this site more. I personally would recommend having your lights properly tinted (with JnC or Ack) instead of using a film. After that, go for the XLR8. You will love it!
The following users liked this post:
acuraowner17 (09-16-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 406 Likes on 317 Posts
A nice little setup we be starting off with CAI, J-pipe, Mid-muffler delete, TB spacer, UR pulley.
A-SPEC kit, window visors, m3 roof spoiler, lowering springs.

It's not too much and its not too little.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Any type of caliper cover is straight up rice, so just live with what you've got or look into a BBK.

You've got a nice car for a 17 yo!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

^I was sneaking my parents TL out of the garage when I was 17 lol
Old 09-16-2012, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UA6~RBP

Welcome to Acurazine aka the money pit! You're off to a good start! Your car looks good man!

Obviously I recommend the A-Spec lip kit, but I'll leave that up to you as you use this site more. I personally would recommend having your lights properly tinted (with JnC or Ack) instead of using a film. After that, go for the XLR8. You will love it!
Is the A-Spec lip kit the little wing that goes on the trunk or something different, if so please link me. I had the wing but the paint began chipping so I just removed, as for the lights, thanks I will definitely look into that.
And thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Slot Machine Lubricator

No its a kit that goes on the front and rear bumper, and has two skirts.

As far as I know there's a base A-SPEC kit and a Type-S A-SPEC kit.
acuraowner17 (09-17-2012)