Video Clips! 6MT NA

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 50stangpower
whew... i dont know where to start.

first i never said anything about racing my mustang because its not even in the same league.

secondly it is a 347 with an eldebrock rpm2 intake (not a gt-40) solid roller, 4.56 spool, tko 600 trans etc. so you can make you judgement on its time slips.

third: the truck is a 7600 pound f-250 w/ custom burned sct chip, exhaust and intake. this is by NO MEANs a race truck but puts up 13.xx times consitanly

fourth: i have a 05 tl navi w/ aspec and cleared and smoked lights. i will be tinting the windows, remote start, an intake and maybe a pulley to it and thats it

fifth: my comment was stating that the tl is ment to be a luxuary car and not some honda civic(aka fart can exhaust on it) in my opinion it ruins the car but to each his own. i was just stating my thoughts as thats not a crime

sixth: im no fucking redneck hillbilly and i can promise you that i will not get beat up

p.s. i hate cars... you seem like a decent guy and i have a few frends with gn's... badass cars. but, i dont know why you think you are allmighty and rule everyone
:gheylaugh
Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for your useless post!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
i heart latin chicks

And yours had so much input, didn't it?

Hypocrisy is strong with you.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll beat you up!!!! bahhaha.

:gheyfight
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
i heart latin chicks

Scotterson, your avatar is hot. PM me n00dz
Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts

p.s. i hate cars... you seem like a decent guy and i have a few frends with gn's... badass cars. but, i dont know why you think you are allmighty and rule everyone
Not even close. There are many cars in my area that could take me just not many that are daily driven. Should be close to the 10.ohs now but I don't have the time or money to go to the track anymore.

Since we're talking normally now, what do you have under the hood? I'm assuming by the spool and gears this is primarily a track car? TKO shift ok? I have friends that have a hard time finding the gears with them.

I used to keep up with the Fox bodies and their mods because I've probably run a few hundred of them. Don't see them too much anymore.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 PM
10th Gear

underhood on old set up was fully forged eagle 347 stock block, afr 185's and a 548 lift cam. new setup is the same mostly except solid roller probaly 630 plus,

tko 2nd to 3rd grinds but i got a (new) part from tremmic that is supossed to fix the problem

i drive the spool on the street fine w/o many problems(just dont get cought in the rain)

btw the new notch should weigh about 2850 with me and an 8 point in it
Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 PM
A Black TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man Accuratein ill love ur car so much, and i love even more then ur breaking traction in 2 gear heee, can't wait to see other vid's, gotta clean up i "came" everywere
Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by TL|GTX
Man Accuratein ill love ur car so much, and i love even more then ur breaking traction in 2 gear heee, can't wait to see other vid's, gotta clean up i "came" everywere
btw spinin' aint winin' just remember that
Old 02-19-2009, 09:39 PM
i heart latin chicks

underhood on old set up was fully forged eagle 347 stock block, afr 185's and a 548 lift cam. new setup is the same mostly except solid roller probaly 630 plus,

tko 2nd to 3rd grinds but i got a (new) part from tremmic that is supossed to fix the problem

i drive the spool on the street fine w/o many problems(just dont get cought in the rain)

Quit hijacking, move it to car talk. or PM
Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts

first i never said anything about racing my mustang because its not even in the same league.

secondly it is a 347 with an eldebrock rpm2 intake (not a gt-40) solid roller, 4.56 spool, tko 600 trans etc. so you can make you judgement on its time slips.

third: the truck is a 7600 pound f-250 w/ custom burned sct chip, exhaust and intake. this is by NO MEANs a race truck but puts up 13.xx times consitanly

fourth: i have a 05 tl navi w/ aspec and cleared and smoked lights. i will be tinting the windows, remote start, an intake and maybe a pulley to it and thats it

fifth: my comment was stating that the tl is ment to be a luxuary car and not some honda civic(aka fart can exhaust on it) in my opinion it ruins the car but to each his own. i was just stating my thoughts as thats not a crime

sixth: im no fucking redneck hillbilly and i can promise you that i will not get beat up

btw spinin' aint winin' just remember that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojB7KkaR03I
Old 02-19-2009, 09:59 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by dan.....k
Sounds great, E. I really like your new wheels. WDP with Gold is so sick.
Thanks Henryk! I'm loving the gold. A guy with a blue Z on bronze te37s drove by my brothers house the other day and it made me miss them.

Originally Posted by jdmitr22
sick eric! haha im about to do a single exit with a buddyclub non-polished 2.5 and pre-cat deletes..my 3rd cat is already gutted...think i need a res? haha

you should kswap the TL haha. ultra weight reductionnn
Thanks bro! No resonator!

I actually thought about a tsx motor in the TL, considering the hondata engine management is available.

Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
Agreed....he's done a lot of work, and it shows. FrankenTL!

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Sounds bad ass man!!
Thanks Jaber!

Originally Posted by msala524
that my honda video just made my day, hilarious
haha. I'm gonna shake his hand next time i see him.

Thanks brother! She needs wider tires. Plus that was wet traction so it's not nearly as bad when it's on dry pavement.

I'll have some more vids, no worries!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Pro

would it be hella raspy have that haha? rv6 precat-stock jpipe-stock 3rd cat gutted-2.5 pipe to 3inch buddyclub can haha
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

im so sad ... this vid makes me wish i had a 6mt looks like so much fun banging threw those gears lol love the vid
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car ('06 6MT) will break 2nd almost that much with the VSA turned off, and it's 99% stock (only mod is ATLP J-Pipe).

His car sounds much angrier, of course.

Accuratein- I don't read around much. Do you have a thread/site with a list of mods? I'm interested- mainly in what sort of jackass would put a rollcage in a $30k sport luxury FWD car. I'm kidding, I keeeddd...
Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 02-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
lol
Old 02-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
I didn't realize it was that loud until i watched the videos. I love it! Thanks Vinny. After studying the exhaust route of the evo8 I predicted the exhaust path on the TL will be about the same as the evo's.
showoff
Old 02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
get some AC-right

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eric i havent seen ur whip yet but im becomn impatient waitn on march 7th...idk about erybody else but i wanna see more!!!
lol
Old 02-20-2009, 03:11 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

Very nice, sounds mean....
Old 02-20-2009, 11:12 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by jdmitr22
would it be hella raspy have that haha? rv6 precat-stock jpipe-stock 3rd cat gutted-2.5 pipe to 3inch buddyclub can haha
Im not sure how that would sound. Probably will sound like my setup.

Originally Posted by milk man
im so sad ... this vid makes me wish i had a 6mt looks like so much fun banging threw those gears lol love the vid
haha the 6MT is fun man. Thanks!

Originally Posted by jizzleman
eric i havent seen ur whip yet but im becomn impatient waitn on march 7th...idk about erybody else but i wanna see more!!!
lol
hopefully the 7 will be here before we know it. I'm lookin forward to seeing everyone's whips.

Originally Posted by ssmtl2nv
Very nice, sounds mean....

Old 02-20-2009, 11:20 PM
get some AC-right

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
true!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,429 Posts
I'm tried of all of this BS. If you have nothing constructive to add, don't add it. If you can defuse a fight, defuse it and let it wither away. I'm tried of this and am ready to have the ban hammer brought down on anyone that makes another remark that's unnecessary.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Senior Moderator

BTW Eric, a few of us are having a mini-meet on March 8th near orlando in alamonte springs. Come on over and we can get a glimpse of your ride and some of the other rides in FL. PM me and I'll give you my number for directions, etc.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 AM
i heart latin chicks

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Videos of the track would be more meaningful because videos of the speedo are more subjective. I can tell yours is quicker than mine but by how much or how many carlengths you would beat me is not clear. I like cold hard numbers.

Stangman is an uneducated redneck troll but I had to lol at his first comment. He's wouldn't dare pick a fight with the GN hint hint..... but rather cars he knows he could beat. And I'm sure there are some TLs that could give him a run for his money, if only there were a supercharged/intercooled TL around.....
Let's not get too carried away here. Stang guy is an idiot but Mustangs are not total crap.

In stock form the TL will outcorner a stock GT. TL vs any of the NA Cobra versions and it's close.

Fully modded, the Mustang will destroy a TL on a roadcourse due to real track suspension setups available vs the TL junk that is mostly for show and RWD. FWD becomes more of a handicap as power levels increase.

As for bragging rights, a fast car in a staight line is much more fun for me since I can do it nearly anywhere. Taking corners fast can only be safely done with no one around and there's still much more risk. My TL and my GN are not in the same league as far as the fun factor goes.

And FWIW, my GN corners better than the TL especially at higher speeds but the transient response isn't as good.
I forgot to mention that I don't see a true track setup for the TL suspension wise. It's not the car's fault by any means. It just seems like other crowds perform suspension mods for performance while the majority of the TL crowd do it for looks and end up with something that in reality would be lucky to keep up with a stock suspension.

I find it amazing how well the TL handles for just a few hundred dollars and it will beat many more expensive cars. It's all I could ever want with the perfect compromise between street and race.

And my comment about the GN was made after thousands in suspension upgrades, springs, shocks, billet control arms, sway bars, non-factory mounting points, changed geometry, etc. The TL would blow it away stock for stock.
Not even close. There are many cars in my area that could take me just not many that are daily driven. Should be close to the 10.ohs now but I don't have the time or money to go to the track anymore.

Since we're talking normally now, what do you have under the hood? I'm assuming by the spool and gears this is primarily a track car? TKO shift ok? I have friends that have a hard time finding the gears with them.

I used to keep up with the Fox bodies and their mods because I've probably run a few hundred of them. Don't see them too much anymore.
I am saying this in the nicest possible way: Shut the fuck up about your GN

Originally Posted by csmeance
BTW Eric, a few of us are having a mini-meet on March 8th near orlando in alamonte springs. Come on over and we can get a glimpse of your ride and some of the other rides in FL. PM me and I'll give you my number for directions, etc.
You know me and Eric are taking a trip to FL for a GINORMOUS Southeast meet, check the meets threads for it, or I could PM you the link. I think CL-Slick or possibly Pure Adrenaline made it. March 7th were actually having our big Charlotte meet but I'd <3 to come to Florida
Old 02-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by erick3
Man, I've been debating a swap myself - there's a 6mt black on black TL at one of the dealerships with only 27k on it! they're asking price: 24k -_- certified and all...you = more motivation to do so lol
What year is it? 24K sounds a little steep, especially with the economy in its current state. I bought my '06 1/08 for 23,500 certified, albeit with kinda' high miles at 42K. Get them down on the price a bit and you'll be in good shape. Throw on the standard bolt-ons and you've got a grocery getter that will trap at 100mph. I had an '08 5AT loaner last month and that thing was a dog compared to mine. I did like the driving lights and it was nice not to have to shift for a few days though.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Senior Moderator

those pictures and posts were not needed... Ban hammer is being brought down
Old 02-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nbennettksu
I am saying this in the nicest possible way: Shut the fuck up about your GN

You know me and Eric are taking a trip to FL for a GINORMOUS Southeast meet, check the meets threads for it, or I could PM you the link. I think CL-Slick or possibly Pure Adrenaline made it. March 7th were actually having our big Charlotte meet but I'd <3 to come to Florida
I'm saying this in the nicest way little boy. I would knock your teeth down your throat if you talked that way in front of me.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 PM
i heart latin chicks

I'm saying this in the nicest way little boy. I would knock your teeth down your throat if you talked that way in front of me.
I'd just kick your fat ass in the shin and run away

Back on topic; Eric, when we left the mall the other day your exhaust sounded anything but Ross and I both commented on how nice it sounds

Last edited by nbennettksu; 02-21-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nbennettksu
I'd just kick your fat ass in the shin and run away

Back on topic; Eric, when we left the mall the other day your exhaust sounded anything but Ross and I both commented on how nice it sounds
You really are clueless. You wouldn't have a chance to get a kick off. And fat, not quite.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 PM
i heart latin chicks

Ok e-tuff guy, we can take it to PM or it can be dropped. You chose.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Sounds great, but it's missing something ...you know what it is...
Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 PM
i heart latin chicks

How are you on the interwebz on the weekend, Jack??!!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
After five years I gotz teh interwebz back up in da hizzy. Work is letting us work from home some now, so I had to take advantage of that.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Advanced

my new honda video is hilarious!!! whats a ricer?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by knavinusa
Not really - this guy has a damn roll cage installed in his car!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
To the OP, congrats on the swap!

You guys who don't have a 6mt, you are really missing out. After power adders, it is so much fun!!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
To the OP, congrats on the swap!

You guys who don't have a 6mt, you are really missing out. After power adders, it is so much fun!!!!
I wonder if a supercharged 6mt would beat supercharged 5at...

The only reason I say that is the manual becomes less and less of an advantage as power levels go up. Fun factor, 6mt all the way but for people like be that bought the car as a commuter, I prefer the auto.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
I wonder if a supercharged 6mt would beat supercharged 5at...

The only reason I say that is the manual becomes less and less of an advantage as power levels go up. Fun factor, 6mt all the way but for people like be that bought the car as a commuter, I prefer the auto.
I can't imagine driving anything other than manual. IMO the TL is the smoothest stick I've ever driven.

Not sure about a S/C, but I have given equally modded TL-S's a run for their money. As far as power levels, I had to adapt with every increase. Traction is a bitch without practice.

Quick Reply: Video Clips! 6MT NA