UR Stock Sized Lightweight Crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by legionofdoom
Thanks for the detailed reply, Jason. What is "cylinder walk"? So by replacing the stock pulley with this one, I'm going to risk causing more vibration to the engine which could cause problems down the road? Sorry if I'm asking a n00b question...
Cylinder walk is when a cylinder in a open deck motor moves slightly, causing some premature wear. That is why you will see block guards. This keeps that from happening. Open deck motors help to keep the motor cooler but have there own problems.

As for the pulley, I am interested in the stock size one. I already have a stereo system, so the underdrive would suck. Also ask them about a PS one and a alternator pulley to match(sorry to keep asking).

As for the vibration, you won't feel anymore then when you go start your car on a cold morning. The rubber ring on factory CP is cold, there for it is super hard. So you will feel more vibration at that time. I am just not looking forward to installing it!

As for my previous comments, I was not bad mouthing the pulley, as I have used them and put 20k on a set and never had any problem other then Stereo at idle. This is a great way to pick up a few horses, as would a true light weight flywheel and clutch set.

So, COUNT me in!!! We need as many things available as possible. Jason
Old 05-31-2006, 04:21 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. MugenR
2. blktl1
3. JOES05tl
4. lookinco
5. tmntmn
6. photopro30
7. againstallodds1
8. bklynpanman
9. dan.....k
10. MichaelBenz
11. Black_05_TL_6SP
Old 05-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Excelerate
This thread is about who wants a UR Ultra Sc crank pulley that does not underdrive the system like the current Ultra S crank pulley that most ppl. are using. You would get this pulley if you have a supercharger or a system over 600 watts RMS. This thread is not about "harmonic damper" and the theories behind it. That topic has been beat to death and has not been proven ever nor are the 04+ TL pulleys "harmonic dampers". Again this thread is here to gauge intereste so we can get a new pulley produced. Please create a new thread for your other questions.
Not to hijack the thread but the reason we're asking these questions is because we're deciding whether or not we want to participate in the GB...
Old 05-31-2006, 04:57 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Originally Posted by legionofdoom
Not to hijack the thread but the reason we're asking these questions is because we're deciding whether or not we want to participate in the GB...

You won't be dissapointed in the UR pulley. Great craftsmanship, real quality work.
Very reputable company and I've personally been running their UR pulley on my TL for 11 thousand miles with no problems and about 40 thousand miles on my last Accord v6.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Count me in.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:51 PM
300whp 237wtrq

1. MugenR
2. blktl1
3. JOES05tl
4. lookinco
5. tmntmn
6. photopro30
7. againstallodds1
8. bklynpanman
9. dan.....k
10. MichaelBenz
11. Black_05_TL_6SP
12. SparkAF
Old 05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Import and Domestic owner

Sorry for bringing up this about the dampener, I just heard negs and positives about the pulley. I still went ahead and got the other pulley, so I will do the same with the sc pulley. Just a concern about it. Again sorry.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:43 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
Sorry for bringing up this about the dampener, I just heard negs and positives about the pulley. I still went ahead and got the other pulley, so I will do the same with the sc pulley. Just a concern about it. Again sorry.

LOL, it's not a problem, I had some worries too when i first got it, but after using it I was sold. product is awesome. probably one of the best things i did except S/C.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
It's not a problem; no need to be sorry. I just was saying to open a new thread so you can get answers in a separate thread. Otherwise this thread will go to crap about ppl arguing about harmonic dampers.

Oh yea, once we get to 20 guys I am going to call Shawn and see where we stand and get some prices. Then, after that, I will start taking payments once we have some ETA's and definitive pricing.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:56 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MugenR
LOL, it's not a problem, I had some worries too when i first got it, but after using it I was sold. product is awesome. probably one of the best things i did except S/C.
Who is in charge of developing this project.....it appears that you started a worthy project and it and it has now been taken over? PS...is it 20 or 30 people needed...
Old 06-01-2006, 06:46 AM
8 second & 150 mph member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought this was mugenr's thread? i may have bought one then.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Racer

You won't be dissapointed in the UR pulley. Great craftsmanship, real quality work.
Very reputable company and I've personally been running their UR pulley on my TL for 11 thousand miles with no problems and about 40 thousand miles on my last Accord v6.
All these little mods sounds really tempting. I personally am not that mechanically inclined though so I just like to fully understand what I'm getting myself into before committing to or purchasing anything. I definitely would like to make the car a little quicker but don't want to do anything that's going to cause potential problems down the road (especially anything that would void my warranty). Anyway, like I said, not trying to hijack the thread. Carry on...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor

This is MugenR's thread but Shawn from UR told me to coordinate this GB. Andrew took the initiative. I am just getting this thing organized b/c I deal a lot with these pulleys, UR, and Shawn, and it is easier and cheaper to distrbute through current channels than start a new one. If Andrew wants to do this himself just let me know and I'll bow out although the price will probably be cheaper through me and UR wanted me to do it. Let me know if you want me to do it. If so, I have pricing and updates.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Pro

Thats very noble of you, Excelerate! What updates, how much is the thing?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 PM
SC+TL= maddness

excelerate has one of the best prices out there rite now and i know that if he does this groupbuy for the pulley it would be alot cheaper.. i got a shit load of stuff off him
Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. MugenR
2. blktl1
3. JOES05tl
4. lookinco
5. tmntmn
6. photopro30
7. againstallodds1
8. bklynpanman
9. dan.....k
10. MichaelBenz
11. Black_05_TL_6SP
12. SparkAF
13. ussi
Old 06-01-2006, 01:05 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. MugenR
2. blktl1
3. JOES05tl
4. lookinco
5. tmntmn
6. photopro30
7. againstallodds1
8. bklynpanman
9. dan.....k
10. MichaelBenz
11. Black_05_TL_6SP
12. SparkAF
13. Ussi
Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I'm still trying to figure out if we need 20 or 30 of these bad boys to get this thing going....! If its 20...we are getting close!!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:50 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
I'm still trying to figure out if we need 20 or 30 of these bad boys to get this thing going....! If its 20...we are getting close!!

When i talked to Shawn over the phone he said 30 people, but I think Excelerate can get the project started with 20.

Honestly, Excelerate could probably get us a better deal through UR than i could since he's have previous dealings with them. Plus if i started a group buy here the Mods would probably shut it down because i'm not a Vendor and if Shawn came on the forums to start the group buy he's probably just tell Excelerate to do it anyway.

As long as I get a stock sized UR light weight pulley for a good price i'm happy
Old 06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

When i talked to Shawn over the phone he said 30 people, but I think Excelerate can get the project started with 20.

Honestly, Excelerate could probably get us a better deal through UR than i could since he's have previous dealings with them. Plus if i started a group buy here the Mods would probably shut it down because i'm not a Vendor and if Shawn came on the forums to start the group buy he's probably just tell Excelerate to do it anyway.

As long as I get a stock sized UR light weight pulley for a good price i'm happy
Saves you from having to become a vendor......you should get a free one or a heavy discount for the idea though! I also have bought things from Excelerate (waiting on Front/Rear BBK now from Fedex) and he is straight...I can attest to that. I also purchased my UR pulley from him too....so ya...he is already dealing with em and would be easier for you than you having to set up a vendor status.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok. Now we can move forward. Here is the update:

I spoke to Shawn today to get a little more specific on the details. If we can get 20 guys then this pulley will go into production. Shawn said it would take a maximum of 6-8 weeks to get these pulleys produced but he said it could be done before the end of the month if we get this thing going ASAP. I have to pay him up front for the cost of materials and production so once we get 20 guys I will need full payment. Just for this Groupbuy I am going to keep the price the same as the Ultra S crank pulley although this pulley will cost me significantly more. The tentative price will be $175 shipped to the continental US and I will cover Paypal fees too. It shouldn't be more than this but I won't know exactly until production beings. At most it might be $10 more but I will try my best to keep it at $175. Once we get 20 guys then I will require payment so that I can pay UR.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:25 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ok. Now we can move forward. Here is the update:

I spoke to Shawn today to get a little more specific on the details. If we can get 20 guys then this pulley will go into production. Shawn said it would take a maximum of 6-8 weeks to get these pulleys produced but he said it could be done before the end of the month if we get this thing going ASAP. I have to pay him up front for the cost of materials and production so once we get 20 guys I will need full payment. Just for this Groupbuy I am going to keep the price the same as the Ultra S crank pulley although this pulley will cost me significantly more. The tentative price will be $175 shipped to the continental US and I will cover Paypal fees too. It shouldn't be more than this but I won't know exactly until production beings. At most it might be $10 more but I will try my best to keep it at $175. Once we get 20 guys then I will require payment so that I can pay UR.
I was planning in getting the UR Crank pulley until this new thread was started. I am quite confused now in which one to purchase. Either this one or the Ultra S crank pulley which is smaller in size. Everyone seems to be very happy with the results of the current UR Crank Pulley. All I care about is performance. So which one of these 2 Pulleys will give me the best performance. However, I do like this new pulley because I am currently pumping over 1200watts into my aftmkt subs. So which pulley will give me the best result???? Plus how much would it cost to send one of these Pulley's over to Canada??? Sorry for this long rant. Thanks!!

ed
Old 06-01-2006, 03:28 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Originally Posted by ed99
I was planning in getting the UR Crank pulley until this new thread was started. I am quite confused now in which one to purchase. Either this one or the Ultra S crank pulley which is smaller in size. Everyone seems to be very happy with the results of the current UR Crank Pulley. All I care about is performance. So which one of these 2 Pulleys will give me the best performance. However, I do like this new pulley because I am currently pumping over 1200watts into my aftmkt subs. So which pulley will give me the best result???? Plus how much would it cost to send one of these Pulley's over to Canada??? Sorry for this long rant. Thanks!!

ed
Hey ed,

You'll probably want to get this pulley with your sound system setup. The Underdrive pulley only underdrives 15-20% but with that much power your are pumping through the sound system you don't want any underdriving. 85-90% of the power is made by the weight reduction anyway.

If shipping is going to be a problem, I can always have your pulley shipped to me and we can meet up.

-Andrew
Old 06-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Additional shipping to Canada will be about $10 and I will send through USPS for you guys to help avoid the brokerage fees that UPS charges.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:41 PM

Id rather wait till there out then have promises that we'll see it someday after we've paid for it two months ago.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
you don't have to worry about broken promises with excelerate, you can trust that if you pay him, you will see a product. besides, you have to wait for it to be made anyway, what's the difference? pay now, it comes to you as soon as it's done. i could understand if this was like a $500 set of headers not made yet, or a $1,000 body kit.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:20 PM

Its ok, just my preference. I know people who are waiting on other products, i just dont want to be one of them. If i pay for something it better be in the mail the next day. Thats how i do business, thats how business is run. I understand the wait to be made, but id rather pay for an item not a promise.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RYAN97812
Its ok, just my preference. I know people who are waiting on other products, i just dont want to be one of them. If i pay for something it better be in the mail the next day. Thats how i do business, thats how business is run. I understand the wait to be made, but id rather pay for an item not a promise.
He's friends with one of the other members who is waiting on a Comptech supercharger. That one is out of my hands. I can't control Comptech's production.

And to your statment that if you pay for something it better be in the mail the next and "Thats how business is run": That is not true. Maybe that is how you would like things to run or how you want to run your business (if you own one). Things like supercharger and turbo kits take time (I waited 3 months for my turbo kit). You are talking about a highly customized and involved product.

And manufacturers do fall behind. So to have to wait 4-8 is not uncommon if a product is back ordered. You should know that things take time to deliver since you're in the automotive service business. I'm sure there are times when products are out of stock and have to be ordered in and take time.

Also when Groupbuys are developed, like this one and the Comptech supercharger GB, it takes time to organize, to produce, and to deliver. On this GB it is even more involved b/c we're working to get a part produced that was not in production before. And you get a better price b/c you would be the first ones. The price will go up about $20 probably after this GB.

That being said, if you don't want to get in on the GB just remove your name from the list and you can purchase them after they have been developed. I will deliver the product; there's no doubt about that. It is not a promise to deliver. It is a guarantee. I can't guarantee the day of delivery but UR told me 6-8 weeks max and I can tell you that.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:20 PM

My name isnt on the list or at least it shouldnt be. And yes that is how my business is run. And the supercharger kit isnt a custom order, i recieved mine three days after ordering it from cali, along with the other two that i have installed. I am not stepping on your toes just stateing my opinion. Everyone has their own right to make their own decision and i am not trying to pursuade anyones. Group buys are hard to organize and im sure many people are fond of you for doing that. I am not one to jump on that bandwagon. I havent seen any group buys that have saved money over doing a little research for the best price. And for raising the price after the gb thats your decision. My suppliers dont give me different prices whether i buy one or twenty, I get my % off of list and then pass whatever savings off to my customers that i can and still make money.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RYAN97812
My name isnt on the list or at least it shouldnt be. And yes that is how my business is run. And the supercharger kit isnt a custom order, i recieved mine three days after ordering it from cali, along with the other two that i have installed. I am not stepping on your toes just stateing my opinion. Everyone has their own right to make their own decision and i am not trying to pursuade anyones. Group buys are hard to organize and im sure many people are fond of you for doing that. I am not one to jump on that bandwagon. I havent seen any group buys that have saved money over doing a little research for the best price. And for raising the price after the gb thats your decision. My suppliers dont give me different prices whether i buy one or twenty, I get my % off of list and then pass whatever savings off to my customers that i can and still make money.
The supercharger kit does take time to assemble. Most places list 4-6 weeks before you are able to receive the kit. Some dealerships bought a bunch of stock when they first came out so that is probably how you got yours. I don't want to crap up this thread anymore with Comptech stuff. This is about UR pulleys so PM me if there is anything further to say.

In reference to the price, the price will go up after this GB and most likely it will be about another $20. UR is giving me an additional discount b/c I am buying in bulk and I am giving an additional discount on top of that b/c there will be multiple orders and b/c these will be the first guys to to make this happen. I have never dealt with a supplier who won't give you a further discount if buying in bulk. I'm sure if a guy comes to you and says he wants to install a header and an intake and an exhaust you give him a package price, one that would be cheaper than if done individually.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor

If we get 5 more guys I will cover the last few. So let's get 5 more guys so we can get this going.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:02 AM
300whp 237wtrq

If we get 5 more guys I will cover the last few. So let's get 5 more guys so we can get this going.

Awesome, thanks man!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:05 PM
300whp 237wtrq

alright guys, lets get 5 more people on this.

Any of your friends need a new Crank pulley for their TL or maybe your mom needs a new coaster?

Here is the current list.

1. MugenR
2. blktl1
3. JOES05tl
4. lookinco
5. tmntmn
6. photopro30
7. againstallodds1
8. bklynpanman
9. dan.....k
10. MichaelBenz
11. Black_05_TL_6SP
12. SparkAF
13. Ussi
Old 06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
321 whp SAE

get in touch with nitrotiger someone.. he'll jump all over it
Old 06-02-2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
get in touch with nitrotiger someone.. he'll jump all over it
I think nitrotiger doesnt like the fact that the pulley doesnt have a dampener on it. From when we were talking at the track he said he doesnt like issue of harmonic balancers. Only he can verify for sure though. I dont want to bring the whole topic on harmonic balancers back up, but from what he told me he doesnt like the UR pulleys. Long term issues.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

I think nitrotiger doesnt like the fact that the pulley doesnt have a dampener on it. From when we were talking at the track he said he doesnt like issue of harmonic balancers. Only he can verify for sure though. I dont want to bring the whole topic on harmonic balancers back up, but from what he told me he doesnt like the UR pulleys. Long term issues.
That's the internet hearsay that always kills these threads and potential users of the pulley. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but UR has been in business for a decade for a reason and I have run their pulleys on my own personal vehicles with no problems at all. I'm not saying you're saying that but I don't want anyone to get discouraged b/c someone believes something he heard and did not experience.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:11 PM

That's the internet hearsay that always kills these threads and potential users of the pulley. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but UR has been in business for a decade for a reason and I have run their pulleys on my own personal vehicles with no problems at all. I'm not saying you're saying that but I don't want anyone to get discouraged b/c someone believes something he heard and did not experience.
Understood, I know the CLs had their UR pulley out for a lot longer than ours and I havent seen any problems with them. So I think if there is any problems with the pulley they would see it first, and no one has any problems with them. So IMO they are OK. I checked it out when I put it on my car before. I dont think we will see any problems. That is why my name is up there.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Just get the pulley guys!!!!! It's great!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by JS + TL
Just get the pulley guys!!!!! It's great!
Yea we will once its produced
Old 06-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol

Quick Reply: UR Stock Sized Lightweight Crank pulley