AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Performance Parts & Modifications (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/)
-   -   Type-S Brembo Brakes on Base 08 TL (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/type-s-brembo-brakes-base-08-tl-980804/)

Scott Salt 07-06-2019 11:56 PM

Type-S Brembo Brakes on Base 08 TL

I am currently installing the Type-S Brembo Brakes on to my Base Auto 08 TL. This is a how to...
Step 1: Purchase Auto,M/T Type-S or 04-06 M/T Knuckles/Spindles (All these models have the same wheel bearing, ball joint and axles as the Base 07-08 Auto)
Step 2: Purchase Brembo Calipers, Type-S Pads + Rotors + Brake Lines (The Base Model brake lines will not fit the Type-S Calipers)
Step 3: Swap current parts list onto your vehicle, ensure to lubricate the pads and slider pins, bleed brakes properly, replace any torn bushings, check ball joints for play, etc...
Step 4: Hope the 07-08 Base Model Wheels clear the Type-S calipers as I haven’t gotten there just yet!

Hopefully this helps anyone looking to do the swap if you have any questions feel free to ask me, and if anyone knows if the 07-08 Base wheels clear the 4 piston calipers that would be great! Thanks!

truonghthe 07-16-2019 01:11 PM

07-08 base TL wheel will clear Brembo caliper.

alanfury75 08-09-2019 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Scott Salt (Post 16449306)
I am currently installing the Type-S Brembo Brakes on to my Base Auto 08 TL. This is a how to...
Step 1: Purchase Auto,M/T Type-S or 04-06 M/T Knuckles/Spindles (All these models have the same wheel bearing, ball joint and axles as the Base 07-08 Auto)
Step 2: Purchase Brembo Calipers, Type-S Pads + Rotors + Brake Lines (The Base Model brake lines will not fit the Type-S Calipers)
Step 3: Swap current parts list onto your vehicle, ensure to lubricate the pads and slider pins, bleed brakes properly, replace any torn bushings, check ball joints for play, etc...
Step 4: Hope the 07-08 Base Model Wheels clear the Type-S calipers as I haven’t gotten there just yet!

Hopefully this helps anyone looking to do the swap if you have any questions feel free to ask me, and if anyone knows if the 07-08 Base wheels clear the 4 piston calipers that would be great! Thanks!

Hey how did your install go? I want to upgrade to a BBK and was wondering about all needed to get it setup on my 08 Base . Thanks in advance

horseshoez 08-09-2019 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Scott Salt (Post 16449306)

I have heard anecdotally the base wheels will clear the Brembo calipers; barely. Barely as in below minimum spec, but they still clear. I think there is a thread on this issue somewhere around here; you might want to do some searching.

Synchro 02-25-2022 03:18 AM

Old thread revival :zombie:

For anyone wondering, the 07/08 base wheels barely clear the Brembo calipers when cold. I don't know if the calipers expand too much when hot to be an issue.