Tsudo J-Pipe Inital Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Tsudo J-Pipe Inital Review

Hi guys,

I just had a Tsudo J-Pipe put on to my '06 Manual TL. I've read a lot of threads where people dont recommend a Stage 3 exhaust with a Jpipe as it will introduce rasp, but i figured I'd try it and let you guys know how it is.

First of all the pipe is basically a copy of RV6's (Deletes the 3rd cat) but the quality is not the same. The welds on the Tsudo are decent, and the flex pipes are definitely cheap. Fitment was spot on so i'm happy about that.

I have drove with the exhaust on for only about 30miles so far, so im still getting used to it. I will continue to update to see if there was a "break in period". The power has definitely improved, it has a nice low end and I can really feel the car breathe. Even my girlfriend noticed the difference surprisingly. Im impressed with the power gains, especially cruising around 50mph and punching it. I have no idea what power gains I actually have, I know XLR8,ATLP,RV6 all have proven results in the 15-20whp/tq range. I can only speak from my previous experience with power gains but I feel a noticeable difference and you can absolutely feel the difference in torque. I'm impressed.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the sound, I cant tell if its due to stage 3 or the pipe itself. My biggest compliant is the flex pipe area. There is a noticeable "zing zing" sound almost like there is something spinning very fast (not rasp), but it is not coming from the tail pipes. Its a sound that comes directly from the flex. This noise happens upon deceleration only between 3k-2k. I found this thread today and will look into wrapping the pipe. This thread made some sense due to Tsudo basically copying the RV6 design. This thread explains what I think is a similar noise:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...-848262/page3/

As of now there is surprisingly no rasp with my stage 3. The stage 3 is more pronounced above 2.5k. Otherwise the idle is the same, and is quite up until 2.5k. Once you reach that 2.5k while driving you can feel the car grunt more and it sounds awesome. Again it feels more pronounced.

Overall, Im impressed with the gains. The noise is great except for this flex pipe issue. I'm hoping some exhaust wrap can solve the problem. I would HIGHLY recommend it if youre looking for budget Jpipe without concerns about sounds. Otherwise its a great buy for the price, no problems with fitment, just be aware of the flex pipe. I will post some videos tomorrow

Last edited by Mr. Showtime; 04-29-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Definitely some rasp at WOT between 3,000-4,000RPM. I did a few WOT runs. Power definitely feels great.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to your videos!
Old 05-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Here is a couple low revs and outside noise:

Highway run. Sorry guys it was wet but hopefully it gives you an idea:

Highway Pull:
Old 05-02-2016, 09:11 AM
04 Acura TL

Received 125 Likes on 89 Posts
Tsudo jpipe "flex replaced" with tsudo exhuast
Old 05-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought one off ebay new over a year ago. The buzzing from the cheap flex pipes they use sounded horrible. After having to buy two flex pipes, Vibrant turbo ones, and paying to have them replaced I could have gotten a RV6 one.

The rest of the exhaust was stock, excluding the PCDs, but the sound was still very very annoying.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
angry Bees!!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:17 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
They've addressed the flex issue with their new "v2" edition. I'll keep y'all posted when I see it.