TL-S reflash or ECU???!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL-S reflash or ECU???!?!?!

What would it take for say hondata to put some time into creating a reflash for the 07-08 TL-S. We need one soooooooooo bad. especially for all of us that have intake/exhaust/jpipe.

How many people do we need to make this worth while for someone to do????

I dont understand how hondata has a reflash for the RDX but not out cars. There is much more of market for the TL-S.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:03 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
hondata deals with 4bangers civics teggys rsxs and tsxs... not surprised they have nothing for the v6s....

there is nothing available for the type s... you know this meng... only greddy blue or ultimate... I got the ultimate but no harness lol... so I am not ready for any experimental tuning lol
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
E55>>>TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
b/c it seems to be hard to crack the ECU in our cars...or atleast thats what they believe.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dr_brains510
b/c it seems to be hard to crack the ECU in our cars...or atleast thats what they believe.

yeah i think that is b.s. , too hard to crack a car ECU come on?!?!

we need to get some kind of thread going showing how many people would purchase a reflash for our beloved TL's. Look at how many people signed up for Jpipes!!! We could easily get 100 people on this site alone that would want a reflash and pay for one RIGHT THE F*CK NOW. I couldnt imagine that type-s ECU being much different then the base model.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well only a fraction would actually get it compared to how many say they would. Besides honestly a 100 people isn't that many for something like this. As far as it being to hard to crack I'm going to say BS. Because the Nissan GTR is suppose to be the hardest to crack and modify yet vinshu has done it and some others. What we really need is competition to Hondata. They basically have the market cornered aka monopoly and with no real competition they can pretty much do as they please. No competition ='s the suck.

D
Old 05-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Im not electrical engineering genius... but i do believe there is something hard about our ECU's... (closed loop system)

however, People have the Hondata Reflash.... locals to so.cal have gotten it done, and i believe Mr Lunecy is one of them (5AT s/c) and he got some impressive gains...

the only reason i dont like the idea of tuning with greddy emange is because you (or the tuner) could possibly damage the engine w/ an improper tune...

what we really need is for Hondata to offer a mail-in reflash or exchange for our ECU's.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
Im not electrical engineering genius... but i do believe there is something hard about our ECU's... (closed loop system)

however, People have the Hondata Reflash.... locals to so.cal have gotten it done, and i believe Mr Lunecy is one of them (5AT s/c) and he got some impressive gains...

the only reason i dont like the idea of tuning with greddy emange is because you (or the tuner) could possibly damage the engine w/ an improper tune...

what we really need is for Hondata to offer a mail-in reflash or exchange for our ECU's.
Are said people driving the 07-08 tls? I know that the 3.2 guys can get a reflash or supercharger but from my understanding there is nothing for us 07-08 tls people.

As far as the ECU is concerned I thought all cars were open and closed loop systems. From my understanding open loop happens when the car is first started or when it is not running off of the sensors such as the AIT sensor or O2 sensors. And closed loop happens when everything is warmed up and all the sensors are ready to go. This is nothing new or am I not understanding something?

D
Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
+100
Old 05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Surely you jest.....this subject has been beat to death. From what I understand they are having some major issues with their reflashes on TL's from time to time which is why it isnt released yet and from what I am hearing probably wont EVER be released widely to the general public at large throughout the US. This is why they only want to do it locally.....so they can actually do something about it when/if you have the issues arise. Doesnt sound like they are real confident on the reliability of the re-flash on the TL at this time IMO.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
its funny though. Vishnu had something for the 335i like 2 days after the car was released for sale.... the TL is going on 5 years old now and still nothing.

but it could also come down to the fact that these cars arent very "popular" for doing major engine work too... if only some of these companies really had an insight of how much their product could sell if they were to perfect it
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Pro

Honestly this thinking about this makes me want to cuss. Poo

D
Old 05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Take a look at the number of TL's out there and how many are bone stock and the age of the driver.

Now at first glance, I am in the old fart category but I am out of the ordinary where I am doing mods to my TL.

I'm in a very rural area and the amount of modded civic's, a4's, etc are very high. I'm the only modded TL I've seen anywhere from Canada to Delaware. I'm sure there are some out there, but I just haven't seen any yet.

So based on that and the point's Mr Benz stated, where do you think Hondata's effort will go. Having 100-TL's vs thousand of EACH other brand/model is no contest.

Comptech is the same deal. When they actually owned a TL, that was good. But it was a clear sign when they sold it that their efforts were going elsewhere.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Pro

i think they said something also about how they havent seen any gains on the dyno, but they feel it off the dyno? i think thats what they said a while back.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Check out

LINK: http://www.hondata.com/flashpro.html

The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging of late model performance Civics. It includes Windows based software called FlashProManager.

The FlashPro connects from your laptop's USB port to your vehicles diagnostic port to provide 90 second programming with a variety of calibrations with extensive real time and stored datalogging capabilities.

Please do not call for additional information - this page contains all the information we have at the moment.

Supported vehicles

Vehicle ECU Part Number FlashPro Part Number
2006 + US Civic Si RRB-A01 through RRB-A14 FP-SI-US
2007 + European Civic Type R RSP-E01 through RSP-E03 FP-SI-INT
2007 + Japanese Civic Type R RRC-J01 through RRC-J04 FP-SI-INT

Important: Make sure that you order the correct FlashPro, and that FlashPro will work with your ECU. We recommend that your check your ECU is compatible by checking your ECU part number below.

ECU part number

The ECU part number is located on the ECU, which is located in the engine bay next to the battery. You will need to remove a plastic cover in order to see the sticker containing the part number.

Price and availability

$795 in June 2009

Caution: While Hondata is not taking FlashPro pre-orders, we have noticed that some individuals and organizations are taking money for FlashPro pre-orders. Many of these are not authorized Hondata dealers. Make sure you order your FlashPro through a Hondata authorized dealer so that you obtain the full benefits of the FlashPro, including warranty.

Features

FlashPro features

Programmable ECU interface.
Connects via OBDII diagnostic port.
USB 2.0 connection
Works with Laptop or Desktop
No ECU modification necessary.
90 second ECU programming time.
20 hours on board datalogging memory.
FlashProManager Windows software.
Check and clear diagnostic codes.
Custom laptop gauges.
Theft mitigation
2006+ Civic Si / Civic Type R tuning features

Choice of AFM or MAP based tuning.
Support for MAP based forced induction.
Support for larger injectors.
Ignition, fuel, cam angle table editing.
VTEC window.
Rev, launch and speed limiters.
Race vehicle sensor disabling.
Plus other compensation and trim tables.
Map tracing
What do I need to run the software?

Windows laptop or desktop
Windows XP, Vista or 7
USB 2.0 port
CD-ROM Drive
Training videos

We've put together a series of training videos to describe the function and use of the FlashPro. Note that the videos use pre-release software. Some displayed functions may change slightly before release. View the videos in High Definition Full Screen to view the screen shots.

FlashPro Introduction

Hondata's new generation programming tool for the 06 - 09 US Civic Si, the Japanese 06-09 Civic Type R and the European 07-09 Civic Type R. A brief introduction.

Race Calibration

Hondata has developed a Race calibration which allows you to tune with the MAP sensor and bypass the limitations of the AFM sensor. A look at the tuning principles for forced induction on a modern return-less fuel system.

Datalogging and Air fuel ratios

A look a the extensive datalogging capabilities of the FlashPro and the many ways in which to examine your engine data. We touch on the datalogging of the air fuel ratios and how you can use it to adjust your tuning.

The tuning process is similar to the K-Pro. For more detailed tuning videos specific to the K-Pro click here:

Will the FlashPro be available for other Hondas and Acuras?

The FlashPro has the potential to work with most new model Hondas and Acuras made since 2007. Our focus for the moment is for the Civic and will evaluate other models as time permits.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:15 AM
Instructor

Theory. What If somehow we could do a franking swap! C32B ecu into the TL Let's do some real investigating on this what if we could run the ecu from the nsx on our TL by simply wiring something crazy up? Anyone have NSX pin out from 2003-05 and pin out from 04-08? I really think that it could work. With a few engineers on this site and some manuals.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by beachexotic03
Theory. What If somehow we could do a franking swap! C32B ecu into the TL Let's do some real investigating on this what if we could run the ecu from the nsx on our TL by simply wiring something crazy up? Anyone have NSX pin out from 2003-05 and pin out from 04-08? I really think that it could work. With a few engineers on this site and some manuals.
yeah but how much would a nsx ecu cost and im sure there not available in large production scale.... but seems like it could work
Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Not really...The NSX setup is also a DOHC V6 not a SOHC like ours.
The following users liked this post:
WhyteLegend (02-24-2015)