Is there anyone with a '04-'06 TL 5spd AT getting the most of their cars through mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
thats why im keeping my car forever and not putting any more money into it, unless it's for maintenance
Speaking from a guy who has almost everything race car has lololol.

Originally Posted by gnuts
So you don't make a lot of money and live at home with your parents since you don't pay any bills. There's nothing wrong with that, been there, but I didn't waste the little money I made on silly things. I'm guessing you would love to have a supercharged TL. Well things like that don't happen by accident. You need to work your ass off to get nicer things and be smart with your money. I think the point everyone is trying to get across is that in your situation, spending $2,000+ on all those mods you want is a bad idea at this time in your life.
Bingo, I want to add some more into this, Mods properly by get it done right does not come cheap.

OP here is the what I spend on my accord.

Tokico blue struts $400
Tein S tech spring $300
Magnaflow full catback $800
AEM V2 $300
OEM front lip $350
Comtech header $900
05 TL wheel $250
4 tire + mount and balance $700
Light weight OEM size crank pulley $150
DDM HID kit $200 I got high and low beam ($400)
03 CL-S rear sway bar $90
Labor installation $1200
Alignment $115

Grand total $5955

Many mics item that I can't recall on top of my head, but you can see all of that money I could use to down payment on my TL-S. I was going CT supercharge but I figure the 4 speed AT suck ass which kill all the performance that gained so I just decide never mod slow car again. Now moving forward to present time my TL-S still stock just like the day I bought it 5 years ago except for LEDs upgrade, trust me with $6k you can down payment for a decent house. I guess my 5 years old son has calm me down a lot on the car scene, also you can never have fast car so save your money and be smart with it you got a whole future awaiting for you.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:56 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
YOLO beeeetches
RIGHT ON!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by llllBULLSEYE
Man lol me too lesson learned never again.
jkilla then get those mods and be happy but don't
expect the Tl to be even slightly faster.

it is what it is the TL is a beautiful fast enough car. That's the way I look at it.
Other cars can be modded cheap and go faster
like evo and Sti. Heck a 335i can gain 100hp for a few bucks.
I think that the gentleman in this video would disagree with you on that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_2RfDv8X8
Old 05-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Pretty funny; for every anecdotal, "I definitely feel the car is faster..." comment I've heard over the years, I've probably seen hundreds of slips from strips which suggest otherwise.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Get the JPipe, full catback exhaust and rear sway bar. And get some good sturdy suspension. And that's it.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Racer

So I find myself resurrecting this thread once again due to an unanswered question lol..The individual I was referred to I am unable to PM him so the only way he will be able to answer this question about removing the torque convertors from my transmission is of he happens to stumble across this thread, so I'm hoping that someone who has some sort of knowledge on automatic transmissions and torque converters will come forward and give an answer.

Last edited by jkilla369; 06-12-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by jkilla369
So I find myself resurrecting this thread once again due to an unanswered question lol..The individual I was referred to I am unable to PM him so the only way he will be able to answer this question about removing the torque convertors from my transmission is of he happens to stumble across this thread, so I'm hoping that someone who has some sort of knowledge on automatic transmissions and torque converters will come forward and give an answer.
Dude, a lot of very knowledgeable folks have given some very good advice regarding your car and you refuse to listen; it seems you only have ears for what you want to hear regardless of the folly.

At this point I strongly suspect the appetite for giving you any more advice is at a bare minimum, if that; do whatever the hell you want to do and be happy, or not.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Dude, a lot of very knowledgeable folks have given some very good advice regarding your car and you refuse to listen; it seems you only have ears for what you want to hear regardless of the folly.

At this point I strongly suspect the appetite for giving you any more advice is at a bare minimum, if that; do whatever the hell you want to do and be happy, or not.
I'm not refusing to take anybody's advice, I'mI'm asking for someone to answer a question that hasn't yet been answered yet, which is whether the swapping of torque converters are is a sound decision. This question was actually supposed to be for a user by the name of I hate cars but I am unable to get a hold of him, so I really don't see how I'm searching for advice that "sounds good to my ears".
Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by jkilla369
I'm not refusing to take anybody's advice, I'mI'm asking for someone to answer a question that hasn't yet been answered yet, which is whether the swapping of torque converters are is a sound decision. This question was actually supposed to be for a user by the name of I hate cars but I am unable to get a hold of him, so I really don't see how I'm searching for advice that "sounds good to my ears".
brotherman, you have to realize that NOT many people mod the TL in it's entire lifetime. it's still a teenager in terms of "have we done everything we can do to it?"
There is STILL a lot of innovation left. HOWEVER; that comes at a cost.
- your time
- your money
- reliability

it then comes down to your;
- aptitudeness and willingness to learn, pour money, and your left nut.
if you aren't willing to do any of these, like most people, you will just learn to be happy that you have a pretty and sexy looking car.

BUTT, on the off chance you are willing to learn and play and help the community by buying the torque converter and having it installed...YOU can be the HERO here. you can wipe away my tears. YOU can be my hero BABY!
Old 06-13-2017, 06:19 AM

I have gave you resources in the form of discussions with a turbo TL(lilbert) and a transmission builder(IHC).
you, not I, not any one else, BUT YOU...YOU have to go through these threads and read about the torque converter.

YOU HAVE TO LEARN about the torque converter, because well.. you want the fucking thing.
you also have resources like google.
all you have to do is type in..."What does a torque converter do?"
google makes it even easier by just asking it naturally with your voice....

"Okay, google...I want to learn about torque converters."
"what is a high stall torque converter?"

Old 06-13-2017, 06:21 AM

once you have the knowledge; you can then make a better informed decision on whether or not a torque converter is for you.
I dont want a torque converter or need one...
Horseshoez doesnt want a torque converter or even needs one.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who the hell cares about a torque converter, seems random. And unessesary if it's a first mod. Their are so many other easier things That could be done first for the stall converter to even be helpful. If theirs nothing wrong with the tranny leave it alone. My car has 185k miles, 3.7 intake and throttle, CAI, HFPC, jpipe with 3rd cat delete and 2.5 inch exhaust, mid muffler delete. Still no problems with the tranny, knock on wood. I pound on my car all the time, I love it and think it's pretty fast.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Latent car nut

I think the OP want's to fry his transmission; a high stall speed torque converter will help him do just that.