something is not right....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 AM
REDONDO RED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brownpakistud08
seriously only 220? is that will all hp readings that dealers give out for all cars then? so the accord really doenst have 244 on the ground or what is the case? reason i bought a Tl is because of the hp...
270 hp comes from a reading at the crank, not the tires. I have heard that the car loses about 30% from the crank to the wheels.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:40 PM
"Tantalizing Lilin"

yea i will be ordering the cai and p2r spacer soon then possible the ur pulleys but im actually thinking abt removing the 3rd cat all together since ill still have 2 other cats and the 3rd one is just reducing power as ive read
Old 03-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by VIP-A-SPEC
270 hp comes from a reading at the crank, not the tires. I have heard that the car loses about 30% from the crank to the wheels.
More like 15-18%.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Advanced

I have an 03 V6 accord coupe and an 04 TL A-Spec and yes the accord is faster
Old 04-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasRPh
I will put in my here.

When I had my 08 TL Type S at the dealer getting my A-Spec kit put on, they put me in a 08 TL BASE (non navi).........whoa.......what a "dog" compared to the Type S. Now, I know it's 286HP compared to 258HP, but the BASE TL just drove way different.......kinda felt "heavy n slow". Weird. (I did notice the TPMS showed 30 psi at all 4 corners, tho)

I am NOT knocking the TL BASE........don't get me wrong, it is still a VERY nice car...........but it drives totally different vs the Type S.

As far as the IS350.......that's a fast car.......no doubt. But it is SMALLER car vs the TL.

Honestly, I think a Honda Civic Si would give me & my TL Type S all I could handle.
Since he would have a 6sp manual and I am running a 5sp paddle shift auto that is pretty slow on the shifts......IMO.

But I think you need a Fujita CAI + P2R spacer and you will take that Accord.
Maybe smaller but not lighter.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 PM
The Darker the berry....

I agree that V6 Accords are probably a bit faster than TLs due to the weight discrepancy, but more HP was not the only reason I chose a TL over an Accord. Interior and exterior styling I think the TL wins hands down (although the new Accord coupes are pretty hot), but the biggest difference is in the suspension. IMO, the TL is the BEST handling FWD sedan on the market. I test drove a bunch and the only sedan I say handles as well or better is the Mazda 3, but that is a different class of vehicle and MUCH smaller/lighter. Try to get too frisky in a stock V6 accord coupe/sedan and you are liable to hurt yourself pretty badly. TLs on the other hand are rock-solid in the handling department right off the showroom floor but still delivers a nice ride over bumpy roads (like here in NYC). It's like having a bimmer that you don't have to leave at home when it's nasty outside (just a little exaggeration, but you get the point). JMHO.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:39 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jetblakTL
I agree that V6 Accords are probably a bit faster than TLs due to the weight discrepancy, but more HP was not the only reason I chose a TL over an Accord. Interior and exterior styling I think the TL wins hands down (although the new Accord coupes are pretty hot), but the biggest difference is in the suspension. IMO, the TL is the BEST handling FWD sedan on the market. I test drove a bunch and the only sedan I say handles as well or better is the Mazda 3, but that is a different class of vehicle and MUCH smaller/lighter. Try to get too frisky in a stock V6 accord coupe/sedan and you are liable to hurt yourself pretty badly. TLs on the other hand are rock-solid in the handling department right off the showroom floor but still delivers a nice ride over bumpy roads (like here in NYC). It's like having a bimmer that you don't have to leave at home when it's nasty outside (just a little exaggeration, but you get the point). JMHO.

can you enlighten me? i just dont see how, since they share the same chassis. besides sway bar sizes (most 7th gen accord guys swap them out for the TL-s bars anyways) what would be the other reasons why the TL handles better than the accord? its heavier by 300lbs to boot.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:30 AM
2006 Acura TL

don't you hate it though when ppl with there lil 4 bangers are drivin like there in a hurry?.... haha man... i drive a base... no mods no nothin ..(yet)... its just a lil funny when some1's tryin to test you...
Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 PM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
can you enlighten me? i just dont see how, since they share the same chassis. besides sway bar sizes (most 7th gen accord guys swap them out for the TL-s bars anyways) what would be the other reasons why the TL handles better than the accord? its heavier by 300lbs to boot.
The suspension for TLs is tuned totally different than accords. Stock rim/tire size is different. Accords are tuned to be comfortable and ride smoothly, not for aggressive maneuvers - just a touch sportier than Camrys. I've read several magazine articles that rate the TL the best-handling FWD sedan built today, but forget that - have you driven an Accord and then a TL - night and day, handling-wise (at least for sedans - I haven't driven a coupe but that's not a fair comparison). Can I get an AMEN? C'mon TLers - am I the only 1 who sees/feels this??
Old 04-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,426 Posts
Originally Posted by jetblakTL
The suspension for TLs is tuned totally different than accords. Stock rim/tire size is different. Accords are tuned to be comfortable and ride smoothly, not for aggressive maneuvers - just a touch sportier than Camrys. I've read several magazine articles that rate the TL the best-handling FWD sedan built today, but forget that - have you driven an Accord and then a TL - night and day, handling-wise (at least for sedans - I haven't driven a coupe but that's not a fair comparison). Can I get an AMEN? C'mon TLers - am I the only 1 who sees/feels this??
i have driven the 4 banger sedan and the ride is floaty and harsh. With the Tl, you can feel the road and get a much better driving experience. Also the accord is firm at the wrong times and soft at the wrong times, the TL has a perfect setup, firm when needed and soft when needed. I believe that the TSX and the accord share the same suspension, but the TL is somewhat a Frankenstein suspension with some accord/tsx parts and a few TL unique parts.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
i have driven the 4 banger sedan and the ride is floaty and harsh. With the Tl, you can feel the road and get a much better driving experience. Also the accord is firm at the wrong times and soft at the wrong times, the TL has a perfect setup, firm when needed and soft when needed. I believe that the TSX and the accord share the same suspension, but the TL is somewhat a Frankenstein suspension with some accord/tsx parts and a few TL unique parts.

ahh ic ic, i was just curious. they probably come with different spring rates and strut setups too, makes sense.

they did something simular to the 6spd accords too. my car comes with bigger factory brakes, oem 17 wheels, 4 point strut bar, stiffer spring/strut combo, dual stage intake manifold, over the auto's.