so you got cake or what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 03:09 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Who's bashing...?

You post a thread explaining symtoms of apocalyptic engine failure. You explain you have a SC, and I keep my ear to the ground for SC problems, as I'm blown too. I'm explicitly interested becasue of this...

Instead of addressing what was the diagnosis of the problems, you explain you're going to build a full front mount Intercooler and get a full tune...

Your car is not a lawnmower... These engines don't "flood", you COULD hydroclock if an injector fails, bu that's not what you described. I self installed my Supercharger, you don't have to touch a single vacuum line, other than the one that gets installed from the intake manifold to the vaccuum pump that governs the blower output... Not sure how your "vacuum leak" could have occured.
Judging by your suspicions of what's wrong with your car I'm beginning to wonder how mechanically inclined you are... especially given your propensity to "fix" engine damage with more bolt on power mods.

Accuratein, working with a pro fabricator, is the ONLY person I've ever seen do a full front mount intercooler, and he's never proven it added any performance benefits... but now you're just gonna throw one together in your garage... ?

And 04Accord is the only guy I've ever heard of doing a tune on the J32, and again, you can only tune A/F and timing with the piggybacks out there, and that takes a pro shop that really knows what they're doing... again, likely why 04accord is the only one... and see his comments on the tuning requirements and us of "blue".
Yet, you've now already done it, with a suspicious engine failure right behind you...?

Forgive me bud, you don't seem to know much about what you're dealing with, other than mentioning a few brand name products overused around here...
This forum is full of guys who know little about "mechanicin" (not sayin I do either), and a LOT of boastful children with big plans but no way to execute. You'll have to excuse my skepticism.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:35 PM
i R shehmir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i said i took it apart in my garage and put it back together, im actually not doing anything.

its sitting at SGP Racing, these guys are from cali and moved to texas awhile ago (for all the people who are in houston are more then welcome to go check it out and talk to them about it). ive been talking with 04accord this whole time, hes the one who got me motivated to tune my car.

im not saying i know all about cars and this motor or what not. im telling you what happend and what im doing to fix the problem. i personally installed my SC 6 months ago. my mistakes lead my car to be in the position its in right now. im not saying im doing all these other things to my car to fix the problem. now if i was back home id be able to tell you what they did to fix the problems that i had.

those guys are the ones who actually tuned my car just with the ultimate, not me. those guys are the ones willing to build a intercooler kit, not me. those guys are also masters with playing with greddy parts and known to custom fab things for people.

i dont mean to come off so rude or anything just dont sit there and tell me its not true when its just been done. if i had a way to prove it to you and make you believe trust me i would cause other wise id be no one to talk around here. cause i know as much as the dirt under my foot bout these motors.