Serive Light Reset/F350 Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:47 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Serive Light Reset/F350 Truck

I have 2 questions for all you budding TL owners.

1. My service light has come on the dash (approx 4000miles since last service) and I wanna reset it, but i have misplaced my onwers manual and can't remember how to do it. Can anyone help me?

2. I was sat at some lights the other day when this dude in a new Ford F350 supercab wanted to race. I thought I'd smoke him in a TL. Damn, he was off the mark.. I only cuaght him at about 80mph. You think he had a supercharger.?? I think its time to upgraded and obtain more power.. Can't have a truck winning me..!!
Old 02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Received 1,015 Likes on 577 Posts
Here's the MID reset info. For your second question, I should move this to Racing, but I'll move it to Parts & Performance if you really want info about upgrading.

Here’s the full procedure to reset the MID display, and also info at the bottom about other service reminders when you manually reset the MID yourself.

(The procedure on page 196 (of the 2004 owner's manual, and probably for later models also but if anyone has a later model with the correct procedure please let me know) of the manual is incorrect. In paragraph 3a of the manual, the requirement to hold the button for 10 seconds the second time it is pressed is omitted. If this is not done, the display will not reset.)

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON

2. Select Trip A or Trip B (You can use either one, so if you are using one to record data for something, use the other one to reset the Oil Life Indicator).

3. Press the < or > button repeatedly until the oil life is displayed.

4. Press and hold the Select/Reset button for 10 seconds. The Multi-Information Display will ask for a confirmation.

This will explain what happens to the other services items when you reset the MID before the service due message appears.

From the service manual, page 3-6: (NOTE: This information is not in the owners manual.

NOTE: If you are resetting the display when the oil life is more than 15%, the maintenance message "Service Due Soon" will be displayed. Make sure the maintenance items requiring service have been performed before resetting the display.
      So this means if you change your oil before the 15% Service Due Soon is displayed, and you go to reset the display, if there are other items to be serviced, they will show up on the display, and if you clear the display the MID will take this to mean that you performed the required service.

To clear the display:
      After you get that service screen hold the reset/select for another 10 seconds.
      It will then ask you if you want to reset.
      Press the reset/select or the YES button (I forget which), and the MID will be reset

The statement from the service manual is a little vague, and I think they meant to say that if other items require service, the message "Service Due Soon" will be displayed, since if there is nothing else requiring service there would be no need for the message.

There is an explanation of how the MID works in the Acura Service News for September 2005 http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/B050900.PDF
      Old 02-14-2006, 05:13 PM
      Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
      Not sure of which F350 you were up against, but read 'em and weep...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/s...eatures/specs/
      Old 02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
      Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
      Originally Posted by chill_dog
      Not sure of which F350 you were up against, but read 'em and weep...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/s...eatures/specs/
      Ha Ha.. about 2/5 down the page on the supplied link in the Engine Specifications section it says "Not Applicable" for Fuel Economy for all 3 available engines..

Even if it's poor, how can it be "Not applicable"?
      Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 AM
      Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
      Originally Posted by Scribesoft
      Ha Ha.. about 2/5 down the page on the supplied link in the Engine Specifications section it says "Not Applicable" for Fuel Economy for all 3 available engines..

Even if it's poor, how can it be "Not applicable"?
      Because only passenger cars and light trucks have to disclose fuel economy. Large trucks/vehicles (based on weight) don't have to, so of course, they don't. I'm guessing they're viewing it as "not applicable" because they are not required to report it. This is why you can't get the mileage of an H2 from GM.
      Old 02-15-2006, 03:29 PM
      Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
      am i blind? i didn't see anywhere on that link that would indicate a stock f350 could take a tl. now, i have seen some seriously fast diesels with only chips, intakes and exhausts that could put a hurtin' on a tl. in 4 wheel high, those things just lunge forward and you have to fight to overtake them.