Secret Weapon Short Ram Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Empire of The Sun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secret Weapon Short Ram Intake

Just installed a short ram intake in my 05 TL by Weapon R, the product works great, extremely satisfy, noticable hp gain, and sounds dope. Took about 1 hour to install, easy as hell
Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds cool, any pics?
Old 12-23-2005, 07:42 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
There are two tradeoffs with short rams...one.....because it is so short....it intakes air that is somewhat heated or hotter than the CAI systems...therefore somewhat negating the benefit of the cold air....BUT....short rams are somewhat safer from the "somewhat unfounded" water threat that people perceive as it has a higher intake point than the CAI. Install would be about the same on both as you still have to remove the original.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:12 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

BTW...I am ALWAYS suspect of ANYTHING with "secret" in the name or "tornado",ect. I mean for real....how much of a secret is it? Who would you be fooling or hiding the "secret" from and how? You can hear these things a mile away and they are fairly visible to the naked eye and all when you raise the hood? With this mfg's criteria for "secret weapon" - I guess my engine under the hood would qualify as a secret weapon too, huh? Its just as visible and about as obvious isnt it?

Ok....enough for my smart ass review.....! Just messin with the mfg name a bit there. BTW...what made you choose the weapon intake anyway? Just curious....I am sure it works as good as any of the others.....just messing with ya! I would also be interested in seeing pics to make sure it installs like I think it does...never seen anybody with one of the weapon intakes installed.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:21 PM
mio
Police

Actually, there was a guy posted some pics of the weapon R installed about 2 yrs ago,

and he said he was satisfied too, but those pics doesn't work now...
Old 12-23-2005, 04:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by mio
Actually, there was a guy posted some pics of the weapon R installed about 2 yrs ago,

and he said he was satisfied too, but those pics doesn't work now...
Well...maybe if our buddy here will provide us with some pics we can check that baby out! I am truely curious....thinking it could be a good solution for you if water is a MAJOR problem in your area? I mean...water vs no water and cold air vs semi cool to heated air....like I said....water would suck big time, I just dont see it being a problem (at least in my area)....but things could be different for you totally. (unrelated...but damn...I've been fighting this god damned "touch mouse" on this laptop this entire post...I keep hitting it inadvertantly while typing which takes me to all over the page...making me have to look for where the cursor went and just what got messed up...so bear with me on the typos as it may have been a result of that)

Old 12-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Empire of The Sun

I will post pics tomorrow., Elected to go with the short ram instead of the cold air mainly due to the possibilty of flooding my engine since the streets and intersection of Los Angeles become rivers, had a cold air on 02 rsx, and use to have one of my integra before I turbo it and YES I flooded my 02 rsx. Extremely happy with the intake and yeah I also believe the secret is part is retarded. Post pics tomorrow, looks great
Old 12-24-2005, 12:48 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by ACER
I will post pics tomorrow., Elected to go with the short ram instead of the cold air mainly due to the possibilty of flooding my engine since the streets and intersection of Los Angeles become rivers, had a cold air on 02 rsx, and use to have one of my integra before I turbo it and YES I flooded my 02 rsx. Extremely happy with the intake and yeah I also believe the secret is part is retarded. Post pics tomorrow, looks great
Thanks Acer! Much appreciated......look forward to checking it out!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:14 AM
mio
Police

how did u flood ur RSX? drive into some deep puddle? and the engine was totaled?
Old 12-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Empire of The Sun

Originally Posted by mio
how did u flood ur RSX? drive into some deep puddle? and the engine was totaled?
Yupe, but the engine wasnt totaled just had to suck all the water out of the engine, but the engine didnt feel the same again.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:38 AM
mio
Police

Yupe, but the engine wasnt totaled just had to suck all the water out of the engine, but the engine didnt feel the same again.
I think that is because the RSX CAI is loacted pretty lower than TL,

and also without secure guard?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:29 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
BTW...I am ALWAYS suspect of ANYTHING with "secret" in the name or "tornado",ect. I mean for real....how much of a secret is it? Who would you be fooling or hiding the "secret" from and how? You can hear these things a mile away and they are fairly visible to the naked eye and all when you raise the hood? With this mfg's criteria for "secret weapon" - I guess my engine under the hood would qualify as a secret weapon too, huh? Its just as visible and about as obvious isnt it?
Actually they do have a secret hidden technology built into the intake itself....it has two air chambers directing air to the TB making use of different airspeeds creating a vacuum when the air hits the TB.

Old 12-27-2005, 05:10 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

^^^^^Hokie Dokie...err....I mean Okie Dokie!

Ah....just kidding man....to each his own! If you buy into the technology that is really all that counts! Was just ribbing you guys to some degree....although I dont think I would put one on my car...that is just my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions....
Old 12-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Hook up for ram air hose"
Now how does this work in our car?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Empire of The Sun

As I stated before very pleased with the intake and I will post pics Tomorrow.....