RV6 V2 True Dual Exhaust for '04-'08 TL Type-S Quads Batch 2 Collecting deposits

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
The rasp is bad from the jpipe, not the pcd's IMO. I wrapped the jpipe with header wrap and it's much more tolerable and muted now.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:02 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ you dont even know what kind of rasp the PCD's produce....the jpipe rasp is nothing when compared...

Justn, can elaborate on that

Last edited by swoosh; 06-20-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
**The Catfish**

Received 549 Likes on 440 Posts
i wish i knew... with the wedding coming up i cant afford the pcd's! i would really love to have the hfpc but thats even more haha
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM

^^^woke up feeling froggy today, huh smart guy? Do you even have a jpipe?!

I distinctly remember you telling me that the jpipe doesn't add any rasp. Same day I decided I would stop taking your advice as gospel. I've done more research on this than you'd ever acknowledge.

Have you heard PCD's on a stock jpipe with the intact rear cat? Have you heard it with rear cat AND stock catback with 3rd muffler and resonator? It makes it worse, but the PCD or HFPC alone are NOT what make the rasp.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 AM

^^^ yes you stopped taking my advice when you were switching out your cats wait maybe it was before you got the intake filter or maybe when it was when you were gonna use the exhaust wrap to wrap your intake....

I have had the PCD's on a stock Jpipe/cats intact and yes there was RASP....when i opened up the rest of the exhaust (now before you find something sarcastic to say about that, when you have a free flowing exhaust and not a Stage 45356) the rasp got worse....

just but adding a 24" resonator or 2x18" resonator as you planned doesnt make your exhaust sound/flow better...if you looks closely at the Rv6 true duals you will notice only 1 small 2 inlet/2 outlet muffler which is no longer than 16-18 inches (assuming from the pix)....

again start your research and this time dont use exhaust wrap on your intake....
Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Me, Hey Anil, would wrapping the exhaust help with the rasp. Your response, it's not going to help because it's from exhaust pulses etc (I'm not sure you properly quoted whoever gave YOU that explanation). Then, 3 months later you come back and wrap your entire exhaust and claim your wife says your exhaust is super quiet now. So I followed suit and it did make a difference, to me too. So you're welcome for the idea then? I don't know?

You could flip a coin to try and figure out which one of us is more full of sh*t. The problem is you don't like when people take your advice under consideration (which IS appreciated) and then make their own educated decisions.

Paying $1500 for an exhaust, or $2000 for a custom setup to free up ~ 10 HP alone, isn't me so feel free to tell me I'm not welcome in this thread.

Hence my questions, which have remained unanswered:

1) when will the base tips that are being designed come out?
2) will there be a price drop once the product is easier to produce?

Until then, all I want is as little rasp as possible, and better sound or it's not worth it to me. And as far as you knocking the use of resonators, YES, they do change the sound and YES, this very vendor from this thread sells a particularly LONG Magnaflow resonator as a solution to any and all rasp from the PCD and or Jpipe.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 AM

^^^ there is exactly where you go wrong buddy....coz you dont give out the credit...

you exchanged a dozen PM's asking about how to go about installing the procats and no reference....then with the exhaust wrap, i told you to wrap the jpipe rather than selling it and no reference....then i told you not to sell the jpipe at the price you had marked it as it wont sell, same thing....

and about my exhaust....yes it was 1800 with taxes (9.5% KS tax doesnt help and damn state charges taxes on labor + parts and not parts alone...$150-160 was paid in taxes...either way) and i got 30 minutes of free dyno time ($100) which i have yet to use....finally,

Richie's Exhaust = 1450 + shipping = 1550 (lets say)
Richie's Jpipe = $450
Total = $2000

so I still came in $300 short for 10 more HP are you said....sounds like a hell of a good deal to me

EDIT: nothing is wrong with using your own brain....you are a smart person....i take advices from tons of people and device my own way out....sometimes its crash and burn and i learn my lesson...the other times its a new route which i device....but none the less, i never refrain from shouting out to people who have helped out....you tend to keep the credit and show it as you knew it all along....exactly the way you displayed with the exhaust wrap....

it doesnt bother me coz i really dont care is someone sitting miles away gives me credit for what am doing....i honestly do it coz i like doing it....even thow we had a rough patch couple weeks back, i reached out to you if you wanted that exhaust because its what I do here....i help out members and i get the same response...there are a ton of people who have helped me out and i owe it all to them....

Last edited by swoosh; 06-20-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Old 06-20-2012, 10:43 AM
**The Catfish**

Received 549 Likes on 440 Posts
Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
In before mods!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 AM

I thanked you in about 3 different threads for the work you put in for the switchbacks...and thanked you for making the coupon codes for everyone. How do you respond?! Something along the lines of, "yeah, I'm pretty awesome, huh". I didn't give you credit for the exhaust wrap cause you shot down my question about wrapping it a few months ago claiming it wouldn't do anything for the rasp, then come back and wrap it and say it does work.

You're always contradicting yourself and never acknowledging it. Maybe it's a personal thing, or a cultural thing, I don't know. Even above, you say I never give credit then say that you don't do it for the credit and you don't care about it.

Like I said, we're both full of sh*t...just more some days than others. I don't hold it against you and clearly you don't either...

HENCE, my other 2 ON TOPIC questions to the vendor!

And for the record, I mentioned the custom setup, but wasn't knocking your decision to go that route rather than getting a prefab one. Was just mentioning that for it to only satisfy ONE of my desires, it wasn't worth the money for the HP for me.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ there is exactly where you go wrong buddy....coz you dont give out the credit...

you exchanged a dozen PM's asking about how to go about installing the procats and no reference....then with the exhaust wrap, i told you to wrap the jpipe rather than selling it and no reference....then i told you not to sell the jpipe at the price you had marked it as it wont sell, same thing....

and about my exhaust....yes it was 1800 with taxes (9.5% KS tax doesnt help and damn state charges taxes on labor + parts and not parts alone...$150-160 was paid in taxes...either way) and i got 30 minutes of free dyno time ($100) which i have yet to use....finally,

Richie's Exhaust = 1450 + shipping = 1550 (lets say)
Richie's Jpipe = $450
Total = $2000

so I still came in $300 short for 10 more HP are you said....sounds like a hell of a good deal to me

EDIT: nothing is wrong with using your own brain....you are a smart person....i take advices from tons of people and device my own way out....sometimes its crash and burn and i learn my lesson...the other times its a new route which i device....but none the less, i never refrain from shouting out to people who have helped out....you tend to keep the credit and show it as you knew it all along....exactly the way you displayed with the exhaust wrap....

it doesnt bother me coz i really dont care is someone sitting miles away gives me credit for what am doing....i honestly do it coz i like doing it....even thow we had a rough patch couple weeks back, i reached out to you if you wanted that exhaust because its what I do here....i help out members and i get the same response...there are a ton of people who have helped me out and i owe it all to them....

well, lets be honest. what you did, was take this exhaust idea, and copy it as closely as possible.

why would any of us listen to you?

YOU asked me all these questions, and had literally zero idea what you were doing until I pointed out things for you. Do you give me credit every time you pull out all this CFM math I laid out for you? When I gave you the building blocks? What about richie? You keep running around telling people to just get a custom built one at a shop. Is that not fair?

'hey guys, richie does all this for us, but go ahead and take the route around him, copying his work'

really? YOU talk about credit? Half the forum has more knowledge then you. You only regurgitate, and let me tell you, a LOT of it is completely incorrect. Notice, how I do not interject my knowledge at every turn...and I've read ~10 books on alllllllll this shit...

either way, anil, stop being a whiny bitch about it all. you don't get paid for this, stop acting like someone takes money out of your pocket.

Last edited by veggiemonster; 06-20-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: removed double negative
The following 2 users liked this post by veggiemonster:
justnspace (06-20-2012), rockstar143 (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 11:07 AM

^^^The points about the Richie stuff, I found ironic as I'd thought of that too. Even in the vendor's own thread he ended up outing the fact that he feels like a winner for NOT buying his product. And to think, he's telling people where they should have business posting in who's thread.

Last edited by rockstar143; 06-20-2012 at 11:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
veggiemonster (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I thanked you in about 3 different threads for the work you put in for the switchbacks...and thanked you for making the coupon codes for everyone. How do you respond?! Something along the lines of, "yeah, I'm pretty awesome, huh". I didn't give you credit for the exhaust wrap cause you shot down my question about wrapping it a few months ago claiming it wouldn't do anything for the rasp, then come back and wrap it and say it does work.

You're always contradicting yourself and never acknowledging it. Maybe it's a personal thing, or a cultural thing, I don't know. Even above, you say I never give credit then say that you don't do it for the credit and you don't care about it.

Like I said, we're both full of sh*t...just more some days than others. I don't hold it against you and clearly you don't either...

HENCE, my other 2 ON TOPIC questions to the vendor!

And for the record, I mentioned the custom setup, but wasn't knocking your decision to go that route rather than getting a prefab one. Was just mentioning that for it to only satisfy ONE of my desires, it wasn't worth the money for the HP for me.
makes sense and when you told me you didnt wanna drop 1500 on a catback i said go custom....

cultural thing ??? you being racist ??? and yes am the one who is going back and forth on my decisions of removing and putting back on my jpipe and the rear wing spoiler

i try different things and if 1 solution doesnt work, i try another....maybe you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results??? beats me....

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
well, lets be honest. what you did, was take this exhaust idea, and copy it as closely as possible.

why would any of us listen to you?

YOU asked me all these questions, and had literally zero idea what you were doing until I pointed out things for you. Do you give me credit every time you pull out all this CFM math I laid out for you? When I gave you the building blocks? What about richie? You keep running around telling people to just get a custom built one at a shop. Is that not fair?

'hey guys, richie does all this for us, but go ahead and take the route around him, copying his work'

really? YOU talk about credit? Half the forum has more knowledge then you. You only regurgitate, and let me tell you, a LOT of it is completely incorrect. Notice, how I do not interject my knowledge at every turn...and I've read ~10 books on alllllllll this shit...

either way, anil, stop being a whiny bitch about it all. you don't get paid for this, stop acting like someone takes money out of your pocket.
veggie....copy whose idea ??? Richie's ??? hahaha infact were went back and forth recently and i was asking him to help me make my exhaust sound better by tweaking the sound....

when people say they dont have 1600 to spend on an exhaust and have only 600-700, at that point i tell them to go custom....if you have 1500-1600, fuck yeah go with one of the vendors....

either way, where did the true dual idea come from:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/going-custom-exhaust-all-way-need-help-754624/

and everyone who helped me on this thread to decide were mentioned in my thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/acurazines-first-true-dual-exhaust-3g-tl-updated-vids-pg-4-a-829912/

i dont even think you were on that thread....2nd its not about money for all of us, particularly me....its more about respect....

finally, i never say i know it all....i say i know nothing and am here to learn...

either way, i think am pretty much done with both you guys....
Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM

Instead of reflecting on why you get the same reaction from other senior, nice, and helpful members. You took the approach that is true to your nature, unfortunately.

What do my mind changes on aesthetic, or sounds for my car have to do with whatever you're upset about? That was pretty left field.

First of all, India is not a race, it's a Country. Why are you sensitive about that? I'm from Switzerland and Mexico primarily...so have at it if you feel the need. I mentioned it because depending on where you grow up, who you grow up around and your cultural backround, it affects how you are. That was all.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
What the hell is going on here?????

Guys, guys, guys.....

What is all this stuff?

What was once a good thread has reduced itself to bickering amongst what I thought were friends and knowledgeable people.

Can't we all just get along here?

Let's shake hands, be friends again and act like gentlemen.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
But, but, but Stevennnnnnn. This is so much more entertaining
justnspace (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM

Steven, I couldn't agree with you more. I have no actual problem with Anil. Since you see him in person, please impress on him to relax, I feel like I'm not welcome to post my thoughts and ideas freely in this forum anymore and for someone like me, that is always looking to innovate and share...it's stifling as much as it is sad. I'm not saying I don't need to back off too, but I am saying I've tried many times to get through to him without avail.

J.

Anil, if all you were looking for was acknowledgment and thanks. Then you have that from me...for anything you've done that HAS helped me or given me new ideas. I'm sorry if you felt I didn't appreciate it because I didn't follow your exact advice or make my thanks clear enough.

Last edited by rockstar143; 06-20-2012 at 11:34 AM.
justnspace (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Guys, guys, guys.....

What is all this stuff?

What was once a good thread has reduced itself to bickering amongst what I thought were friends and knowledgeable people.

Can't we all just get along here?

Let's shake hands, be friends again and act like gentlemen.
Steven, as a friend of Jeremy's, I want to just say one thing. Over the past few weeks a few of us senior members have been trying to hold back on Anil for comments he's made, which we find offensive. If (since I don't really know) you know us, you know that we generally speak in a much harsher nature.

For some reason (maybe I missed it?) Anil has been 'picking wounds' and to me it seems like he's been hoping to start something.

I could not resist saying my piece about his attitude and views on credit though. For now, I will bow out.
rockstar143 (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
Leave Richie's thread alone. Take the cat fight back to the JnR thread. All garbage belongs there.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys, I appreciate everyone posting after my "observation". You guys are all friends on this forum. It should stay that way. Life is too short for bickering. Besides, all of you are too good of people to be doing this to one another anyway.

Like I said before, shake hands, wipe the slate clean, help each other out, have respect for one another.

And Noober, no-we are not trashing up any other threads. I know you're just kidding, even though there is no red text, but still......
rockstar143 (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:45 PM

With age comes wisdom...and no, no red text there.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 PM

Wow, Richie's ingenuity really knows no bounds! But honestly, that looks more like a one off setup and not something he'd be able to offer us with a group rate or anything. Shame, really.

J.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 PM

He's got a crush and figures the only way Richie will give it up is if he pulls his hair or calls him names.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
awh i go out for one minute, and miss the fun
Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
lamest plan ever.
rock the PCD's. Embrace the rasp.
never
Old 06-21-2012, 07:55 AM

Tackle the rasp!
Have you thought about having the Richie recommended Magnaflow resonator welded in?
Just an idea, although I've heard it doesn't get rid of it 100%.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

Tackle the rasp!
Have you thought about having the Richie recommended Magnaflow resonator welded in?
Just an idea, although I've heard it doesn't get rid of it 100%.
i dont wanna spend more money if hes going to finish the exhausts sooner then later.....but i might not have a choice were going into july already so i might have to do that.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 AM

let us know how it goes! or just don't turn your car on and rev at the meet!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 164 Posts
I hope we can hear some update soon~
Does anyone know if black chrome tips come with standard or you have to choose? Richie mentioned tips are available polished stainless and black chrome on first page. I kinda like black chrome.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
so if I'm not on that list, i cant buy your exhaust?

I really want a true dual, otherwise I would have went with XLR8
Old 06-21-2012, 06:18 PM

You can...but you'll have to be very patient and likely put down a 200 dollar deposit.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

You can...but you'll have to be very patient and likely put down a 200 dollar deposit.

very patient is right people have been waiting 5+ months for this exhaust system so if your in a super hurry to get exhaust this isnt the one for you. But quality takes time and i would rather wait to get best then settle for something else.

@rockstar, looks like i will be embracing the rasp !
Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
^it's not that bad you will live!
Old 06-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Still curious for any new progress updates!
Richie - any thoughts on the potential completion for the lower end of the list (i.e. #20)?
Pics are appreciated if you have the time... Need something to tide us over - thanks
Old 06-23-2012, 05:54 PM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

^ yea richie are all of them going out at the same time?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 491 Likes on 233 Posts
No real updates. We sent the mufflers and resonators out for some touch up polishing and Ling (RV6 Chick) be warping them up in a protective wrap early this week. The bends are due to be finished up before Weds. Once those get in we will start fabing up systems as fast as we can. There is another 600ft of tubing coming from Minnesota in the next 3-7 days that needs to be polished before being set out to bending. We are keeping very busy. The systems will be sent out in the order of deposit.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 AM

Any word on a unique base tip, or researching that?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by akrapovic
@rockstar, looks like i will be embracing the rasp !
Mission Accomplished
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM

^^^LOL...funny enough, I wonder if it's cause of the heavy rain on my exhaust wrap job, but my rasp seemed pretty minimal since yesterday.

Quick Reply: RV6 V2 True Dual Exhaust for '04-'08 TL Type-S Quads Batch 2 Collecting deposits