Questions about exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:23 PM
A-SPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about exhaust sound

Can anyone here tell me the sound difference between these set up?

1. PCD + magnaflow resonator

2. PCD + magnaflow resonator + mid muffler delete

3. magnaflow resonator + mid muffler delete

If i'm not mistaken, #2 set up is the loudest?

while Jpipe does not change any exhaust tone, I'm trying for the following set up for my TL.

Jpipe + PCD + magnaflow resonator.

after PCD, maybe mid muffler delete is useless? or does it make sound better?

Last edited by simonsez; 08-26-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
looking for a magic bullet huh? well, it doesnt exist...no one can tell you sound differences from different set ups simply bcs theyre just words...the only thing that can tell you the difference is your own ears...thats the only way you will ever know, or ever be satisfied.

you can't ask anyone's opinion what sounds better and what sounds worse, bcs everyone's got different taste in sound. Ill tell you, myself, i dont like 99% of TL exhaust sounds out there. While some ppl love anything that just sounds, well, like anything.

so my advice to you is: pick what you want for power upgrades first, if thats what ur initially looking for. Do everything you want out of exhaust work for power, in other words get that free flowing exhaust that you want (with which comes loudness)...then work your way to archiving the quietness or loudness you want, with resonators, mufflers and what not.... you also will not know how certain mufflers sound by asking anyone bcs they will sound different depending on what's in front of them (what kinda modifications from the rest of the exhaust, piping size etc)
with resonators youll be able to clean up the sound, and get rid of any raspiness, at the same time still leave some growl to it or clean it out completely...which is entirely up to you.

tuning the exhaust to your own ears' acceptance takes a bit of effort of your own, and not just questions about sound.

I hope you dont take this the wrong way, bcs i wasn't trying to be an ass...i could tell you 100 ways to set up ur exhaust but i can't say you'll like it. Ultimately, i can only tell you what I like, and the same goes with other people.

Goodluck on whichever route you take