Please help, I'm stuck!! AEM CAI Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:12 PM
rm -rf *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help, I'm stuck!! AEM CAI Install

I poked around a bit but couldn't find anything specific to my dilemma.

Everything has gone smooth so far, but for the life of me I absolutely can NOT finish step K where it says "The next step will be to remove the metal tubing loom,
which will include the breather hose, coolant hose and a bracket holding the evap service port."

The metal bracket looks to just "slide" into the piece, but it sure as hell doesn't just slide right out. I've spent over 45 minutes on this one little thing, but it just won't budge.

Please help so I can get this badboy finished. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Basically it is 2 tubes joined together. One has coolant, one carries air (vacuum). Just remove that entire piece, metal and rubber hose alike.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:06 PM
rm -rf *

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about...

The bronze colored item up top is what won't budge. It is attached to the underside of the barrel shaped obect. Yes, it holds the tubes & hoses, but the barrel shaped object has tubes that need to stay in tact.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
rm -rf *

Well nevermind. That plastic barrel piece just broke apart, so now I need to find a new one...at 5:30 on a Sunday. Any idea what exactly that is?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
i know exactly what part that is. i can send u a link so u can buy it for 7$, but i gotta go wash my car before it gets dark. i'll come back to this post or pm u tonight sometime.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
rm -rf *

Thanks brother. You rock. You guys know of anyone in OKC that could help me out with this? I got to a breaking point because my tools suck worse than I thought they did. So now, my front end is in a hundred pieces and I can't finish the task...
Old 03-12-2007, 01:28 AM
My Garage not

ahhhhh cripes. sunnyside acura (acuraparts247.com) took their website down which used to have diagrams of all of the parts lists that make the TL so now i can't link u to show u exactly what it is. i hope u have an automatic cus the part number for the 6mt is different.

part# 36166-PAA-A01 purge joint ($10.78 at my rip off stealership)

it's a purge joint. as u can probably see it's a little plastic tube that connects hoses. the hoses run the burned gas and shit to the exhaust as part of the evap (evaporation) system in the car.

mine had a hole in it and it threw some generic check engine code indicating a leak in the evap system so i took my car to the stealership. they replaced the little plastic piece, replaced the evap storage cannister and reset the code light.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 AM
My Garage not

how did i learn about this...i did the exact same thing u did. what was a total flipping PITA was that i didn't know how the dealership would react if they saw a CAI in the engine bay and that the part was bad, so i just put the stock airbox in and they fixed it under warranty. i then re-put the CAI in. yea, how to take off that piece is not explained at all in the instructions but what it is, is a little metal latch on the wire loom. all u have to do is lift up the plastic hook on the purge joint and slide it out. like u, mine didn't slide out at all and i ended up breaking it. after i re-installed the CAI the latch slide right outta the new purge joint.

lemme know if u got any other questions cus nobody helped me (they were all smarter than me and didn't break the part) when i was an idiot and broke mine.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
rm -rf *

wasupdog, you are the man! It was $11 at my stealership. Had to do that cuz I couldn't overnight it from acuraoemparts.com. You will have PM shortly...