Omg! Aem = Awesomes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmahh
Desper - would you rather have the dealer plate or AEM plate?

Atleast with the AEM plate another TL'r might say "hey.. this guy did something to his car.. maybe he's on Acurazine!"

A SiQ TL has the comptech exhaust; im scheduled to listen to it in person on Monday to see if I like it
No plate frame ftw
Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I Also have the Comptech Catback....

I hate that cheapr ass plate... that is why i put on an aftermarket chrome plate that only says "TL" on the back.. I am painting the TL part to match my cars color this weekend.....

Please no AEM plate the black looking cheap thing does not flow well with the good look of the TL

Desper - would you rather have the dealer plate or AEM plate?

Atleast with the AEM plate another TL'r might say "hey.. this guy did something to his car.. maybe he's on Acurazine!"

A SiQ TL has the comptech exhaust; im scheduled to listen to it in person on Monday to see if I like it
Old 09-14-2007, 10:37 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ See, I hate that though =/

The car already says TL on the back of it; why get a plate that says the same thing, or one that says Acura.. again, we already know what the hell it is, I guess if anything i'll just have to get a blank one or something that says something funny

i blogged your girlfriend.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
^^ See, I hate that though =/

The car already says TL on the back of it; why get a plate that says the same thing, or one that says Acura.. again, we already know what the hell it is, I guess if anything i'll just have to get a blank one or something that says something funny

i blogged your girlfriend.
Come on man, if you gonna use a plate frame at least get something that looks good and isn't an ad for a parts company or a dealership.

May I recommend, South Park.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's some footage i took....u can actually here churps from intake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_sZgNjhu0w
Old 09-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Nah.. AEM has pretty darn good instructions; I followed them and had no problems.. I did NOT end up draining a gallon of coolant like the instructions say; I just had a small piece tupperware and caught what little (like... maybe 1/4 cup) coolant came out and poured it back into my reserve tank
I don't know if the Fujita is different from the AEM or if it's because I have an 07, but the instructions said to replace the factory coolant line with a supplied 8mm hose. I didn't do that because I couldn't figure out the purpose of this. I used a longer than the factory piece of 10mm hose for the breather line, but didn't touch the coolant line. Can someone explain the reason for changing the coolant line?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:01 PM
teegetl

aem cai option

i love my aem at WOT too, its sweet sounding and seems more responsive.
bty, did/has anyone done the 'optional power adder'? Moving the IAT sensor from the throttle body to the intake pipe is suppose to add 10hp. but I'm wondering if it will cause the engine light to come on? There isn't emission testing where i live so i could get away with it if it doesn't cause damage and/or engine light to come on...
Old 09-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by teegeus
bty, did/has anyone done the 'optional power adder'? Moving the IAT sensor from the throttle body to the intake pipe is suppose to add 10hp. but I'm wondering if it will cause the engine light to come on? There isn't emission testing where i live so i could get away with it if it doesn't cause damage and/or engine light to come on...

when i moved mine, the check engine light came on. I unplugged and replugged in the battery and its been off since.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by teegeus
It's been done by a few people on here. All it did was get them worse gas mileage.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:03 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Originally Posted by 1meand
I don't know if the Fujita is different from the AEM or if it's because I have an 07, but the instructions said to replace the factory coolant line with a supplied 8mm hose. I didn't do that because I couldn't figure out the purpose of this. I used a longer than the factory piece of 10mm hose for the breather line, but didn't touch the coolant line. Can someone explain the reason for changing the coolant line?

It gets changed out because you have to use a different setup for the breather tubing to reburn crank case fumes; if you leave it as is you just have an open tube.. i've gotten a ticket for "no smog device" because i had an open tube once; $90 + smog check @ state station + fix it ticket = not fun

I suppose you can leave it as is, but it looks weird with half of that item disconnected.. also note that i had like.. 1/18th of a soda can leak out and i just held a tupperware container below it and poured it back into the resevoir
Old 09-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Here is a link that is dedicated to discussing the pros and cons to moving the IAT sensor.
In the link provided below, be warned that some people called the IAT sensor as a O2 (oxygen) sensor. It is *not* an oxygen sensor. It is an Intake Air Temperature sensor.

AEM CAI low end torque? (click here)
Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
It gets changed out because you have to use a different setup for the breather tubing to reburn crank case fumes; if you leave it as is you just have an open tube.. i've gotten a ticket for "no smog device" because i had an open tube once; $90 + smog check @ state station + fix it ticket = not fun

I suppose you can leave it as is, but it looks weird with half of that item disconnected.. also note that i had like.. 1/18th of a soda can leak out and i just held a tupperware container below it and poured it back into the resevoir
I have both tubes connected. The breather tube is connected to the Fujita intake and where ever it goes to in the back of the motor. I just didn't touch the coolant line, because the length if the tube wasn't changing and I didn't see any other need to change it. I was just curious why everyone had to change the coolant line?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
^^u can leave it the way u have it. the way aem wants u to set it up will get rid of the now unused tube so u can get rid of the entire metal bracket that holds the tubes. it's a cleaner looking install and also i think the tubes that aem supplies are a little thicker if i remember it right.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:58 AM
2010 WDP TL Tech

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I was thinking about getting a C.A.I. Not sure if I should go with Fujita or AEM? Any ideas? Is anyone concerned about going through a puddle and sucking up water?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

The AEM sits up pretty high, you'd have to have the entire bottom half of the bumper submerged in water to get hydrolock i think.. fujita goes down lower
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Black Mamba

I just received my AEM CAI from Excelerate today and I'm going to install it tomorrow however, I can't figure out what kind of drill I need. I've never had to drill to remove the resonator when installing CAI's so this is a first. For those of you that have installed the CAI, what kind of drill did you use and is it absolutely necessary? Can I buy the drill at a autozone or Pepboys? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by WiLLrOx
I just received my AEM CAI from Excelerate today and I'm going to install it tomorrow however, I can't figure out what kind of drill I need. I've never had to drill to remove the resonator when installing CAI's so this is a first. For those of you that have installed the CAI, what kind of drill did you use and is it absolutely necessary? Can I buy the drill at a autozone or Pepboys? Any help is greatly appreciated.
You have to drill out the little rivets. You can use any drill. A unibit works well or you could even cut the tabs off or punch them out with a screwdriver. It doesn't require anything special.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Black Mamba

Originally Posted by Excelerate
You have to drill out the little rivets. You can use any drill. A unibit works well or you could even cut the tabs off or punch them out with a screwdriver. It doesn't require anything special.
So a drill is not necessary? Would it help if I removed the bumper to install?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by WiLLrOx
So a drill is not necessary? Would it help if I removed the bumper to install?
Yes you can remove the bumper for easier access to the OE intake but you don't have to.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:39 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
if u take the bumper off u don't have to drill out the metal rivets which hold 2 pieces of the stock intake together. after the bumper is off u can take the whole thing out as 1 piece. this will make putting the stock intake back in easier if u ever have to do that.

or, u can just drill the rivets out with any old drill or dremel tool and pull then pull the 2 separated pieces out separately. if u ever plan on putting the a-spec bodykit on yourself just buy a dremel tool and use it for both installs.