New Tsudo quad tip exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Well, I do love "real" wheels...but haven't been above owning "not real" wheels...so I understand the plight. When I was 22 with a looming overblown mortgage over my head, I was still into cars...but had to do what I had to do to be into them on a budget. Now...I have a little more to throw at them but I don't act like an elitist or talk shiet to other guys that are me when I was 22 NOW.

Anyway...peace y'all...live and let live as much as we can.
The following users liked this post:
smsTL (12-26-2019)
Old 12-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand perfectly. I'm no spring chicken either and I am pretty much like you in the sense that I love the "real" wheel. For me at this point it's not about the budget, but I've had my TL since new and it does not make much sense to me in pouring to much of the "real" wheel into it, as the day I sell it, and I don't have the OEM parts to put them back on, it's gone with the aftermarket parts! Now, when the new car comes along, I start my therapy and not being shy about what goes into it! Hope that makes sense!! Thanks again!!

Last edited by rwcanfield; 12-14-2015 at 02:13 PM.
rockstar143 (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
P

Originally Posted by Canadian3GTL
Basically it comes down to: most people buying this generation of TL now are a bit younger, have less money (price point of this cars resale is less), or are uneducated in the world of modifications. This car is quickly becoming similar to a Honda Civic in the sense that everyone buys one and wants to modify it, but doesn't want to actually "pay to play". They all want to spend minimal money on he actual mods but want the street cred/ Instagram likes, like they are a baller. This car is now affordable to a much lower democratic than it used to be, and with that comes a lot of people who don't realize or don't want to spend he money on proper modifications.

It's few and far between now to see quality builds with quality parts. Everyone is all about the list of mods they have and not the quality of those mods.

It takes a TRUE car enthusiast to purchase quality products that are manufactured by companies that do extensive research and testing to create a product to achieve maximum gains/looks/feel etc. No one can look at this tsudo or endlessrpm j pipe and say the terrible bends, non-fluid design, and bad welds (that look good but don't penetrate properly) don't effect exhaust flow, turbulence, and sound, in a negative manner.

All these companies have done is wait until other companies have created the perfect system, and then copied them, letting companies like tsudo produce a good "looking" product from a far, without spending any money on R&D. Don't think for a second the amount of money these knockoff companies are making is less than a company like xlr8 or ATLP. They probably make more, because they don't have to spend money on R&D, or on supporting local labour, or on quality material.

All people who buy these products are doing is undercutting the true companies dedicated to our hobby, and instead they are supporting companies that solely look for profit, selling a sub-par product made with lesser quality material, produced somewhere most likely not supporting North American jobs.

Good job, you people are the ones killing the "car scene".

Don't get me wrong I love my TL, and I'll continue to modify it with quality parts. What I don't love is seeing an inflation of fuckboys in this scene that think cheap replica parts, plastidip, and windshield stickers, is baller in their almost decade old semi luxury sedan.
So you've done thorough lab testing on the Tsudo exhaust vs all other TL exhausts, have you? No? So all you're going by is price point then? Ah, good to know about your educated shit talking.

While it is true the 3G TL is at a price point where pretty much anyone can afford it now, maybe you should give your head a shake if you think people NEED to spend $1,500 for an exhaust that may gain minimal more hp over this Tsudo exhaust, for a car that is barely worth $10,000. If you don't believe in something like this exhaust, don't come in here and be a dick to others and shit on someone else's thread. I for one think it's awesome the OP tried something different from the 3 exhaust brands circling around AZ.

There's plenty of room to shit on someone's car, but if you haven't noticed, OP has a very nice looking TL and isn't some random, slapped together piece of shit. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the car modification scene is a multi billion dollar industry. There is room for anyone and everyone at every price point. Last I checked, EVERYONE I know is always hunting for the lowest price for any part, whether the car is brand new or 20 years old, worth 100k or 1k.

OP was smart not to spend that kind of money on an expensive exhaust at this point. The gains would be minimal at best. It's a ten year old car. He likely won't own it for more than 5 years. The exhaust won't fall off in 5 years.

No good build threads anymore? How about you pony up some cash and make a solid build thread then? Since there is so little support for the 3G TL, everything out there has already been done unless you're going in a completely, one off, multi multi thousand dollar build. Guess what? It's a 10 year old car and at this point it's a waste of fucking money. Why bother and who gives a flying fuck.

But sure, judge the "fuckboys" for being smarter than you and having the common sense to not spend a metric fuck ton of money on this platform.
The following 3 users liked this post by TacoBello:
maxxyboy97 (12-14-2015), odmoht (04-10-2016), rwcanfield (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Thumbs down

Basically it comes down to: most people buying this generation of TL now are a bit younger, have less money (price point of this cars resale is less), or are uneducated in the world of modifications. This car is quickly becoming similar to a Honda Civic in the sense that everyone buys one and wants to modify it, but doesn't want to actually "pay to play". They all want to spend minimal money on he actual mods but want the street cred/ Instagram likes, like they are a baller. This car is now affordable to a much lower democratic than it used to be, and with that comes a lot of people who don't realize or don't want to spend he money on proper modifications.

It's few and far between now to see quality builds with quality parts. Everyone is all about the list of mods they have and not the quality of those mods.

It takes a TRUE car enthusiast to purchase quality products that are manufactured by companies that do extensive research and testing to create a product to achieve maximum gains/looks/feel etc. No one can look at this tsudo or endlessrpm j pipe and say the terrible bends, non-fluid design, and bad welds (that look good but don't penetrate properly) don't effect exhaust flow, turbulence, and sound, in a negative manner.

All these companies have done is wait until other companies have created the perfect system, and then copied them, letting companies like tsudo produce a good "looking" product from a far, without spending any money on R&D. Don't think for a second the amount of money these knockoff companies are making is less than a company like xlr8 or ATLP. They probably make more, because they don't have to spend money on R&D, or on supporting local labour, or on quality material.

All people who buy these products are doing is undercutting the true companies dedicated to our hobby, and instead they are supporting companies that solely look for profit, selling a sub-par product made with lesser quality material, produced somewhere most likely not supporting North American jobs.

Don't get me wrong I love my TL, and I'll continue to modify it with quality parts. What I don't love is seeing an inflation of fuckboys in this scene that think cheap replica parts, plastidip, and windshield stickers, is baller in their almost decade old semi luxury sedan.

Dude calm down man. You are sounding exactly like the type of people you are describing in your comment. Unless you want to sound like an immature fanboy.

This Tsudo exhaust looks good, and it seems like it drones less than my ATLPs. As long as the thing doesn't break and explode while driving, and for most of us who gets it is for the sound and looks, then this is a good option in my opinion. You can put that extra $1000 in other mods like a Jpipe or PCD, etc.

But of course everyone should do their research before buying because it is YOUR money and that is YOUR responsibility.

I never understood people who bash other people's mods like it is their money.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
looks like Tsudo is a great exhaust for the money!
Old 12-14-2015, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 190 Posts
What's really funny is all the haters on the "quality of welds". I've seen a Chinese person do good welding, and an American do crappy welding.

Are any of these 'brand name' exhausts fully American made? By that, I mean, designed, sourced, and fabricated stateside. Most are probably designed here, but then for mass production they are fabbed in China and shipped back.

I'm all for supporting U.S. companies, but I'm particular in what I deem 'worthy' of my hard earned dollar. To be honest, I WISH WISH WISH one of these brand name companies would come out with an aluminized exhaust. I can get a full 5in turbo back exhaust for a 6.0L Powerstroke for $200 bucks, but ours costs a grand or more?

Sorry guys, even of the same year, the Powerstroke is worth more than our cars, and they use aluminized exhaust. "But damn yo, it won't have dat bling doe" as the kids say.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by screaminz28
What's really funny is all the haters on the "quality of welds". I've seen a Chinese person do good welding, and an American do crappy welding.

Are any of these 'brand name' exhausts fully American made? By that, I mean, designed, sourced, and fabricated stateside. Most are probably designed here, but then for mass production they are fabbed in China and shipped back.
I believe the well known exhaust brands here on AZ are manufactured in the US. I believe. Not 100% certain.

I don't care if it comes from China or the US though, since I'm in Canada. Like you said, shoddy work can happen in the US also. I think what is most important is the level of QA/QC on a product, regardless of where it comes from.

If these US brands are outsourcing fabrication to China, that's fine, but I would expect a high level of quality control on the product to make sure it is built to the US brands standards.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Confusing Name Guy

Received 299 Likes on 249 Posts
For what its worth, I'm very happy with my EndlessRPM catback.

The workmanship on the exhaust was so-so (quality welds but less than ideal tolerances on one of the muffler pipes forcing me to do some cutting), but sound wise I think it sounds better than the ATLP and is on par if not better sounding than the XLR8 exhaust, and for (at the time) about half the price. I'm willing to bet that the gains are the same as the other 2.5 inch catbacks. Plenty of compliments on it from several people that have heard the other 2 major players (XLR8 and ATLP).

Granted when it comes to the jpipe, I went with the RV6 because I feel like Richie's is the most innovative / proven of the bunch, so take from that what you will.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by P1zzaman
As long as the thing doesn't break and explode while driving
speaking of that, I've heard of incidents where the XLR8 (oh what? a big "3" brand?) muffler has exploded.

just saying
Old 12-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Confusing Name Guy

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
speaking of that, I've heard of incidents where the XLR8 (oh what? a big "3" brand?) muffler has exploded.

just saying
A number of them have. Followed by some pretty unpleasant dealings with XLR8.

I mean it should also be pointed out the XLR8 exhaust mufflers aren't even made in house. They're made by Billy Boat Exhaust afaik.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:58 PM

Richie RV6 is the truth though...I'll just say that.
Although I didn't pay nearly the $1700 it costs to have it...at the time, he had the only equal length runners that killed rasp in rasp city.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:11 PM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

You're funny. You'll come in here and make stupid claims about people who don't buy $1,300 exhaust systems for their 7-11 year old overpriced Accord's ruining the scene. Looks to me like you're running overpriced chinese imitation coilovers. You might want to remove those, proceed to eject them into the garbage and invest $1,500+ on a set of KW Variants, H&R, or have Bilstein or Ohlins make you custom dampers before you continue to make more dumb comments .
Old 12-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by n3o
You're funny. You'll come in here and make stupid claims about people who don't buy $1,300 exhaust systems for their 7-11 year old overpriced Accord's ruining the scene. Looks to me like you're running overpriced chinese imitation coilovers. You might want to remove those, proceed to eject them into the garbage and invest $1,500+ on a set of KW Variants, H&R, or have Bilstein or Ohlins make you custom dampers before you continue to make more dumb comments .
I see what you're getting at, but I thought BC coils are no joke
Old 12-14-2015, 10:20 PM

Meh...
I'd buy some H&R Street Performance Coils for teh TL if my Tein weren't holding up so fucking well after 70K miles...(more, actually)...

@overprice accord!

Not everyone paid full price for one, mmmkayYYY!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Meh...
I'd buy some H&R Street Performance Coils for teh TL if my Tein weren't holding up so fucking well after 70K miles...(more, actually)...

@overprice accord!

Not everyone paid full price for one, mmmkayYYY!
I hear they're awesome, I just have the box

Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 PM

I should buy them and list my Tein SS for sale...
I bet they'd still sell for a decent amount. I'm just really impressed with the H&R Coils I put on the S2000
Old 12-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Confusing Name Guy

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
I see what you're getting at, but I thought BC coils are no joke
You pay a premium for the build quality with BCs, but they don't have the performance heritage or pedigree that KW and H&R have (which is reflected in their price - significantly cheaper than either of those while offering way more adjustment), albeit I think that BCs with Swift springs would be just as potent as those two
Old 12-14-2015, 10:35 PM

in what sense?
comfort? ease of adjusting?

I just went on ebay for shits and giggles...I can't believe the Tein SA are under $700 now. You guys should just go that route and be happy. Unless you track your car...you should be taking a compliant ride into account. You could shove some well shaved two by fours into your upper control arms for pretty cheap...won't have the heritage but it'll ride stiff so you can hellaflush and be so cool.

That said...I dealt with BC when I thought they were Buddy club (trying to source some spanners) and they were super nice!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Confusing Name Guy

in what sense?
comfort? ease of adjusting?

I just went on ebay for shits and giggles...I can't believe the Tein SA are under $700 now. You guys should just go that route and be happy. Unless you track your car...you should be taking a compliant ride into account. You could shove some well shaved two by fours into your upper control arms for pretty cheap...won't have the heritage but it'll ride stiff so you can hellaflush and be so cool.

That said...I dealt with BC when I thought they were Buddy club (trying to source some spanners) and they were super nice!
Well I meant that with BC, you get dampening, preload, way more range in terms of height + you can choose to get the extreme low option + you have the option of custom spring rates and the option to get Swift springs as an upgrade, while with the KWs for example, you have ... nothing. Minimal height adjustment (less than Tein SAs), no dampening, no preload. Yes, the ride "quality" is probably better, but somehow I doubt the performance, whether street or track, is.

Anyway, I think this is getting waaaaay sidetracked lol. Point is, just like exhausts, there are alternatives to the "big names" with coil-overs, and they aren't just cheap knock offs or junk - hell, just look at all the people riding around on Teins, which are, all things considered, a budget offering compared to everything else available for the TL...
rockstar143 (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 239 Posts
I posted pictures of my Hytech exhaust for my Integra just as reference for the other end of the spectrum. It's a work of art, they even beveled the manifold flange!

Here's a link to their website: HyTech Exhaust The Leader in Race Exhaust Technology

I wasn't bashing the TSUDO exhaust at all, it looks great for the price and it sounds pretty good. For full disclosure I have an RV6 exhaust and J-pipe. I absolutely this setup! Richie makes a top notch ENGINEERED setup, no complaints here.

Op's car looks and sounds fresh and I appreciate the sharing.

All this coilover talk! I say let's get enough interest in Fortune auto coilovers! Custom tailored for your car and application, racing, stance, street or whatever it might be.

lol do any of the current coilover companies for the TL ask these questions? ->http://www.fortune-auto.com/springselector.htm
rockstar143 (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 10:54 PM

oh...I know fortune from the S forums...they're really nice!
6spd-GERCO (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Confusing Name Guy

They are indeed very nice, highly recommended on a number of youtube channels I watch too. I really wish they made an application for the UA6/UA7 ... they have one for the earlier TL and for the later TL but none for the 3G
Old 12-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 239 Posts
oh...I know fortune from the S forums...they're really nice!
Yes! fortune currently only make coilovers for the 2nd & 4th gen TL's. I asked them about a model for the 3rd gen and they said they didn't have anything in the works but the 3rd gen was their favorite TL.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:21 PM
n3o
Pro

Hey so where can we actually get this Tsudo catback? I can't seem to find it anywhere online!?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by n3o
Hey so where can we actually get this Tsudo catback? I can't seem to find it anywhere online!?
You can try Speed Element Motorsports where you will find the catback in this thread. You can also try OBX.com.

Last edited by rwcanfield; 12-15-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:35 AM
04 Acura TL

Received 125 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by n3o
As of right now this is the only one.. not available until next year lol
n3o (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 10:44 AM

Holy crap...you have a custom made exhaust shotta, sell that baby!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

Yup, its true! They will not be available until April 2016.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:05 PM
n3o
Pro

Originally Posted by shotta
As of right now this is the only one.. not available until next year lol
Have they released a price? And how much bigger than the stock tips are these? Only reason I want to change mine is because it's getting rusty, and the previous owner put a cherry bomb on the catback so I just rather replace it. I'm not a fan of any others except the Evo2 which sounds perfect, but looks the most ridiculous.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by n3o
Have they released a price? And how much bigger than the stock tips are these? Only reason I want to change mine is because it's getting rusty, and the previous owner put a cherry bomb on the catback so I just rather replace it. I'm not a fan of any others except the Evo2 which sounds perfect, but looks the most ridiculous.

The system costs $500.00 and the tips are 3.5" as the original tips!!
Old 12-17-2015, 11:07 AM
04 Acura TL

lol yea plus mines is going to be different from the other ones
Old 12-18-2015, 10:39 AM

because prototype?
Old 01-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Just for clarity, does this catback fit the base model with Type S rear lip?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JDM RICe
JDM RICe, it fits perfectly!!
Old 01-06-2016, 11:23 AM
04 Acura TL

because prototype?
yea
Old 01-06-2016, 11:24 AM
04 Acura TL

Originally Posted by JDM RICe
yea
Old 03-30-2016, 10:04 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The exhaust looks great. They only seem to be selling it with a burnt blue tip now. where did you get his one without the burnt tip?
Old 06-04-2016, 01:56 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Bluetls07
The exhaust looks great. They only seem to be selling it with a burnt blue tip now. where did you get his one without the burnt tip?
I'm in Toronto and I'm looking for the one without the burnt tip too.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:12 PM
5th Gear

Where is everyone finding this exhaust?
Old 01-30-2017, 09:37 PM
2nd Gear

Ebay. Its a decent exhaust, welds are nice but the packing in mufflers are someone low quality. I have about 8000 miles on mine I got it in august and I have RV6 PCDs and ATLP 3rd cat delete with stock j pipe and over time it keeps getting louder and raspier when I hammer down.. maybe im blowing the packing loose? For the price they are good, no rust or anything on them, mine also have the burnt tips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1pOqqvIjQ

Quick Reply: New Tsudo quad tip exhaust