Need advice for new clutch kit / flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
Need advice for new clutch kit / flywheel

Well I noticed a couple weeks ago that when I get on the throttle my clutch pedal felt funny, well last night I was out and got on it a bit and next thing I know my pedal was half of what it usually is and hard as hell, took me about 5-6 pumps to get the feel back somewhat. After doing some research on here today it looks like this is a common thing and most people that have changed the clutch says no more issues, so I think instead of checking this and changing that I'll just bit the bullet and do the clutch. Question is who has done a different clutch than oem and if so which ones/stages? I plan on getting a CT supercharger sometime in the future and I already have intake/jpipe,exhaust. I do not want something that is going to kill me every day driving though, this is not a race car but I do want something a little stiffer. Also has anyone done a lightened flywheel? I cant really find too much info on any of this and when I search its buried in the middle of a twenty page thread.... any info/advice would be great. I think I still have a while that I can roll with my stock clutch as when I drive it normally (slow) it feels ok.