Luk Clutch do not come preset. Come inside - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Luk Clutch do not come preset. Come inside

Old 04-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HQTL6SPD View Post
Just set mine using a hydraulic press today. Definitely had to be super careful to not overstress the parts, as they can easily be crushed with too much pressure. I got lucky and found an old top hat laying around and used that as a die.

Here's how I did it:

1) Carefully mount the pressure plate on the surface that bolts to the flywheel (I don't recommend using the pressure plate-clutch mounting surface).

2) Inspect the springs to make sure they are properly seated and won't bind when you adjust.

3) Hold the screwdriver against the inner tab, and SLOWLY pull down on the press lever until the spring load becomes free to move. I would say it had to go down about 1/2" to release tension. (I used small sockets and other screwdrivers to catch any other tabs and prevent from extending the springs in case my screwdriver against the tab slipped; just for insurance)

4) Push on the inner tab to pre-load the springs/inner assembly.

5) Slowly release the press while holding the tab in place with the springs compressed using the screwdriver.

6) Double check that the springs are not binded or caught on anything

For pics or additional info, follow this write up Mr. Heeltoe provided:

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng86.shtml

Patience is the key, GL

OP, I hope you don't mind me posting this on here.
Hey man. Literally did the exact same thing today, but your post left me scratching my head. Why the extra care? I literally slapped the pp onto the flywheel, pressed on the pedals until the self adjusting mechanism was free to move (you see it start rotating slightly), then I took a screwdriver and with a single move just loaded the spring mechanism, releasing the press after that. The way you described it makes it seem like something really fiddly, when in fact it's pretty straightforward.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Glad this post is still helping people out. Clutch was holding close to 425whp and 350wtq , but would slip near the top. Boost power yo!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Glad this post is still helping people out. Clutch was holding close to 425whp and 350wtq , but would slip near the top. Boost power yo!