Help!! Getting a custom Exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Help!! Getting a custom Exhaust!!!

Ok I already have a couple shops that I know can do the work necessary to do this.I want to build an alternative to the comptech cat back system, but I want to keep the OEM tips. I am having them chromed locally as well.

I wanted to use stainless steel mufflers from magnaflow and stainless steel pipes. I want to go dual of course, and I dont really knwo what I need, which pipes I need besides the magnaflow mufflers, and what sizes to go on everything. I'm doing this for sound and to keep OEM appearance, any and all help is appreciated. Once again I want stainless steel, and a full system, I am willing to spend up to $600 just in parts, and labor of course should be around $200. Thanks guys.

I also heared from GoBig about doing a J Pipe, what is that, and where can I get stuff like that
Old 08-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Team NightHawk VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loki...i have a magnaflow exhaust too, i prob would have just swapped you for the oem if you werent in CA

mine isnt stainless steel...but i used 2.5in piping... one resonator and 2 mufflers...

sounds nice but theres a drone inside the car up until 3k...i personally dont mind it. but some ppl hate it.

spent 180 on magnaflow parts and 250 for custom piping and welding

stainless will prob cost more

i kept the oem tips too but its not as perfect as it was when it was oem..just because the tips are angled up a little and the magnafloe point straight out...i guess it could be adjusted.

if you used the mufflers that i did, then the tips are smaller than the actual outlet on the muffler.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
If you're planning to go to dual exhaust, be prepared to spend some money. The TL doesn't have dual exhaust, so the fabricator is going to have to do some work to create a fit.

In my former car, a 2002 Altima SE, I had a full Mossy catback system installed. The mufflers were 14829 Magnaflows (Magnaflow mufflers are outstanding). But because of the droning, I had a 4X22 round Magnaflow resonator installed to drop the drone by 6 db's.

Good luck and let us know how you like it (sound, seat of the pants, etc.). Also some sound clips would be great.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Chief

LOKI- Check out a place called Spugen. I believe they are in Torrance or O>C cannot remember right now but they do a great job. I bought the Apex-i WSII mufflers that angle out to the right/left and will be having them do the custom exhaust. Do a search in Google for them.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Team NightHawk VP

they also make a nice exhaust for the s2k