Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
He said he only found one harness so far. Not sure if he's shipping them separately or not though.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:22 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Mine your own business. You have zero idea who I am or what is going on. I will address your comments more completely at a later time.

Originally Posted by KN_TL
The key comment in your post is KEY PROFESSIONALS WHO KNOW THIS PRODUCT. In your case, you appeared to not have one of these.

It's like you going to the doctor for a cold and they're going to tell you that you need a vasectomy to cure it when you full well know that they are wrong.

I talked to Rodney and things your tuner was saying and the approach was totally wrong. If you had at least some knowledge under your belt, you would know that. This stuff is not marketed by ANYONE as a turnkey product.

It's the same thing over @ j32a. Someone's car burns up from the headlight short circuit and it's somehow the ECU's fault?

I'm not an expert by all means but I am doing everything I can to know that I am not going to damage or burn down my ride.

It's foolish to do this to something you rely on to get you to work everyday.

BTW, don't you think spending 3 weeks in the hospital awaiting a child to be born is a legitimate excuse?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Safety Car

EDIT:

NVM. Not going to waste my time.

Don't bother elaborating because I will not respond.

Last edited by KN_TL; 05-16-2012 at 03:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
swoosh (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 03:36 PM
The Track Terror

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
For Swoosh and Rodney...just a quick update, Swoosh you've said if we want a refund we just ask, but unfortunately I've asked about a month and a half ago and I'm still waiting...you know I've PMed both of you a bunch of times and I've even called Rodney two fridays ago. He said he was going to paypal my money that day (5/4) but I'm still waiting...

Y'all know I have nothing but respect for both of you and y'all have been great to work with, so there's no bad feelings at all, I guess I just would like my refund! I'm still definitely interested in the ECU but its just not the right time right now...thanks guys!!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
ok.. thank you. SIGH.
(Again, I'd need a refund if it's not here the first week of June. I'm leaving the country for 2months, just a heads up to Rodney. Nobody will be around to collect my ECU while I'm gone.)

Last edited by Noober; 05-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
He said he only found one harness so far. Not sure if he's shipping them separately or not though.
yes, he had 2 harnesses and he found 1....he was going to call the store which you had mentioned to him to see if they had any in stock....

initially i told him to ship everything together but recently i told him to ship whatever he has and the harness later so that people know when something is backordered no one can do anything about it

EDIT:

smart move bro....
Old 05-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
I, for one, would love to hear an elaboration Hi speed.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
For Swoosh and Rodney...just a quick update, Swoosh you've said if we want a refund we just ask, but unfortunately I've asked about a month and a half ago and I'm still waiting...you know I've PMed both of you a bunch of times and I've even called Rodney two fridays ago. He said he was going to paypal my money that day (5/4) but I'm still waiting...

Y'all know I have nothing but respect for both of you and y'all have been great to work with, so there's no bad feelings at all, I guess I just would like my refund! I'm still definitely interested in the ECU but its just not the right time right now...thanks guys!!
Peter....havent forgotten about you buddy....

when i spoke with Rodney today he was telling me about your refund....he has been having problems with Paypal and hence he asked me to take payments for the most recent orders and pay the for the ECU/harness/AFR/ vendors....

we were talking about how to get you a refund....he was saying you should have the $$$ by mid next week (latest).....

there was a lot on his plate and he is slowly but steadily tackling items 1 after the other....

on a side note, if you want the ECU, he will still offer you the GB price but once refunded and if you want the ECU you will be able to buy it only at retail price which is 1395.....just wanted to give you a heads up
the fenda rolla (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
The Track Terror

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
Peter....havent forgotten about you buddy....

when i spoke with Rodney today he was telling me about your refund....he has been having problems with Paypal and hence he asked me to take payments for the most recent orders and pay the for the ECU/harness/AFR/ vendors....

we were talking about how to get you a refund....he was saying you should have the $$$ by mid next week (latest).....

there was a lot on his plate and he is slowly but steadily tackling items 1 after the other....

on a side note, if you want the ECU, he will still offer you the GB price but once refunded and if you want the ECU you will be able to buy it only at retail price which is 1395.....just wanted to give you a heads up
Thanks a bunch Swoosh! I definitely understand he's a busy man! And thanks for the heads-up about the prices! If there's any other way he wants to send the refund, since Paypal might not work, just let me know...

Thanks again Swoosh!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:51 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
good lord this is getting stupid. i just want to get my car tuned and never look at this thread again.

can't give a refund? sloppy.

sorry if that offends anyone but it's the truth.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Safety Car

I have to agree. There is no reason for not getting a refund promptly.

I'm gonna do the same....I spend too much time here and need to move on.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
good lord this is getting stupid. i just want to get my car tuned and never look at this thread again.

can't give a refund? sloppy.

sorry if that offends anyone but it's the truth.
lol u selfish bastid !!!

Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
Thanks a bunch Swoosh! I definitely understand he's a busy man! And thanks for the heads-up about the prices! If there's any other way he wants to send the refund, since Paypal might not work, just let me know...

Thanks again Swoosh!
I will let you know as and when i get more info....

I have to agree. There is no reason for not getting a refund promptly.

I'm gonna do the same....I spend too much time here and need to move on.
you bet KN....but since he does not have paypal anymore, refunding is a issue....we are working around it thow

and dont leave this thread until ALL ECU's are tuned LOL....i could say until my ECU is tuned but am not Aaron

Old 05-16-2012, 04:38 PM
04' tl 6 spd

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-16-2012, 04:51 PM

I like how your dyno always has torque available....you are at 214 at around 2500 rpm....

But I do see you are running a little leaner than the tunes that Rodney has been sending...his tunes are usually under 12.5 and yours are closer to 13
Old 05-16-2012, 05:22 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Very nice graph. Torque comes in early as Swoosh pointed out. What's the fuel cutoff set to? Please tell me you did a baseline.......
Old 05-16-2012, 05:55 PM
04' tl 6 spd

Originally Posted by Sonnick
Very nice graph. Torque comes in early as Swoosh pointed out. What's the fuel cutoff set to? Please tell me you did a baseline.......
No baseline pull. there was a lot of pinging with hard acceleration so he tuned throttle responses and continuing from their. once he fixed the pinging and felt safe for a full pull. Our first pull was 242/214
Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 PM
04' tl 6 spd

I'm going to remove my MS3 and go on the Dyno to find out what my car does. there are guy with less mods hitting what I'm doing with the MS3. just curious
Old 05-16-2012, 06:56 PM
04' tl 6 spd

do you guys think I will gain more with PCD then my HFC if so how much and if worth it?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
^ Every dyno reads differently. It's tough to not get hung up on final numbers, but unless you have a baseline, you can't really tell. You may have only put down 210 stock on that dyno, you never know.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
EDIT:

Don't bother elaborating because I will not respond.
Let me start by saying your comments regarding my situation are both misguided and unwelcome. Your comparison of the doctor patient relationship to mine is ridiculous and a pretty clear indication you are clueless as to what is going on. A more approprate comparison using your doctor patient scenario, would be a drug rep giving me some medication and directions on the dose and when I ask my doctor after having problems, he says the dose is harmful and should be reduced. Then some D bag (you) comes along and says "I have been taking that dose and I'm fine", you not jeopardizing your health is stupid. " you shouldn't take medication if you can't modify the dose yourself".

I have sat back and watched you blindly advocate for Rodney, while making excuses for him and shaming newer members into accepting that this is just the way it is. In addition, agruing that had his business practises been out in the open, that he would have made as many sales or the " you should have known this is how things would go " attitude.

I am proud of you for owning a second car, but this speaks to your confidence in both your tuning skill and faith in Rodneys product. I do DD my car because I believe in driving the car you put all this $$$ in and didn't mod the car to let it sit. I understand you may not have the confidence in your mechanical/tuning skills to make DD an option for you, but the vast majority of both those on the forum and who bought the ECU are driving their car and need any mods to allow DD to continue.

The insinuation that using a shop for installs is somehow inferior and I should have known, is another rediculous assertion that again demonstrates how out of touch you are with the majority of the forum, who need their cars for work each day and who's cars serve as more than a decoration for their garage.

In conclusion, your help with pulling the tune and other ECU related info is great, but it doesn't excuse wildly irrelevant and uninformed post regarding me or any issue I'm having. I don't understand you desire to defend Rodney regarless of if it involves you or is even needed. Like many members who post questionable things, I hold back on posting what I think of them and their posts to keep peace in the forum. You seem to like making snide comments regarding things that are none of your business so I'm going to make an exception today. Why you have chosen to call me out is beyond foreign to me, but it's a mistake on your part and one of many you have made in regards to sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. I come to this forum to help other members with my experiances and to learn from their's. If you look at my post, 95% or more are answers to questions, 2.5% asking questions and the remaining 2.5% is puting people like you in their place. Why Rodney is discussing my personal business is another mystery and why you feel you understand it well enough to make critical comments is beyond me.

Last edited by Hi speed; 05-16-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Noober (05-17-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
yes, he had 2 harnesses and he found 1....he was going to call the store which you had mentioned to him to see if they had any in stock....

I should be getting one. < statement, not a suggestion. its already mid may... I don't have any more time to give...
Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
^KN_TL, rodney told me yesterday that the knock monitor has a pretty long wire on it and that i should be able to mount it anywhere i want in the car.

i thought you guys said it was short tho?

second question.

i am doing some dyno runs this weekend. is it okay if i unhook the MS3 and do a few runs, then hook up the ECU and do a few runs to see the difference? or is there a relearn procedure that takes time or will it be immediate?
Sharky I have a long knock monitor and was able to wire it all the way on the driver side next to the VSA off button if that helps you give an idea on how long it is, if in fact it is same size as mine.....

As for issues with plugging and unplugging...you are fine to plug and unplug as you please. I have done this several times. One time for inspection and another time when I went to dealer for a warranty matter I didn't want to have the ECU plugged in....and I never have an issue and the relearn is very quick as far as stock ecu and the JnR unit once plugged back in is the same as before....Only thing I might say to you as just double check your connections because if a connection is loose you might get a weird fault and think something has gone bad.....so yeah double check connections and make sure they are fully pressed in with that click sound heard as you snap in the connections

damn. i really hope it's as long as he says it is.

so you think if i disconnect it now, and then do a dyno run. and then immediately plug it back in and do a few more runs back to back that it'll be ok?

i'm worried if i disconnect it and then reconnect it, it won't be accurate while on the dyno. idk why i feel that way, i just do. part of me just wants to leave it hooked up the whole time.
Again you are fine...do not worry so much!!

just wanted my quick 2cents in with this Rodney Ecu issue.....I for one have had great service from day 1 and I had to luxury to have it tuned by Rodney in Florida...which btw he more then worked with my time and I was able to go about my day in Florida and then at night I met up with him and got car dyno tuned and street tuned until I was satisfied with the way car felt.....all in all this was from 8pmish til about a little past midnight.....

I can't speak for others and their experiences so I only give what I went thru personally with Rodney and it has been all good. Even after I came up I sent his personal ECU back to him and he sent my own ECU back to me which when I was down there he felt I shouldn't leave empty handed so he let me hold his till mine had come in!!

roughly 6months and car is daily driven rain or shine or snow and she still drives beautiful and an occasional track trip!!!

Now if only I could get some time to mess with this tunerstudio and get familiar with it

IDK how some of you do it and stay motivated enough to keep up with forum and deal with all comments and such......

HiSpeed I will say this to you....when you do plan to bring the car to Rodney and have it tuned I am almost certain that you will finally be happy with the end result as the guy really knows his stuff when you talk to him in person and pick his brain some.......

I understand the frustration and waiting months and months after putting $1300 down is a bit much....which is why if I had not gone down there personally and gotten the ECU from him and tuned by him I probably would not have bought this ECU right away...I would lurk and wait until things got completely sorted out and then made the purchase!

okay just my Good night!!!

and remember at the end of day we should all be in here to help each other and enjoy our TL's that we love so much or in Sonnicks case Accord and Honda's in general!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Is it just me or do other people also have a hard time navigating the J32A website? For those that are like me (non member) that can't see the "Next Page" hyperlink, below are links to each page in that thread.

Page 1 (click here)
Page 2 (click here)
Page 3 (click here)
Page 4 (click here)
Page 5 (click here)
Page 6 (click here)
Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
^Good find. You must have to be a member to get that access. Because I am not and there are no next page links/buttons. Only next thread.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 AM

^^^
Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Is it just me or do other people also have a hard time navigating the J32A website? For those that are like me (non member) that can't see the "Next Page" hyperlink, below are links to each page in that thread.

Page 1 (click here)
Page 2 (click here)
Page 3 (click here)
Page 4 (click here)
Page 5 (click here)
Page 6 (click here)
a year and no refund or contact? ouch. not liking where this is headed.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
I can see it (member)
Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Sooooo he tried to wire the ecu to the car using the harness and had to splice like 15 wires and the harness caught on fire and the ECU burned... his name is j32A3EG... j swapp signature... I don't blame rodney or the ECU but that's just me.. rodney send him back his shit and get that done and over with...
Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 PM

i think Rodney should stop his charity service....sell the ECU and charge for any kind of service....coz people fuck it up and blame him....
Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

If you are modifying a working product and it fucks up, its not the manufactures fault... end of story. Rodney should just sell th Ecu and harness and add a printout of what each wire is and call it a fucking day... let every TUNER decypher what's needed for each specific vehicle... its the way it has been done for ages... the civic is the most rewired car in history... my boy had a 98 shell with 96 gs-r that never ran right... took it to place after place and all that was found was the iirc IAT and MAF sensor plugs mismatched... he had a new 98 harness and 96 motr harness ready to swap everyting to new when I looked at... found injectors reversed and spark plugs wires on the distributor also reversed and a few bad connections. With this combination it let the motor actually crank and run but you could tell somthing was wrong... after that, car ran great.. but the fact is he must've took it to over 5 differet shops and none noticed these things... working on a MODIFIED system is not the same as an OEM thing... mislabels/miswires are all a possibility
Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Burning Brakes

whats his personal email? i don't want to look back through all the pages.. is it "jandrperformance45@yahoo.com"?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:38 PM
BANNED

tl20046speed@yahoo.com
Noober (05-17-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
anyone know a part # for the AEM harness? or how best to describe/detail? I ask because I can ask around some local speed shops who sell AEM products

Also do we have an update on who is left?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:09 PM

^^^ Feji, i told Rodney the same thing....gimme the part number and will start looking for it as well....

We have:
Ryan and Gary and Alex - Shipped
Feji
Justn
another Justn
Laurent
and myself left....so 5 more to go....
Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

waiting for fedex.....
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
thanks Anil!

For those who have the ECU how are you guys setting it up in the cabin? is it under the passenger foot well? or some folks keeping it up against stock ECU?

Pictures would be great
Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 PM
BANNED

yup passenger side behind the carpet on the floor. there is a "slight" bump but it's really not noticeable. i'm sure you could make it more flush if you cut out a small area where the foam backing is...but i didn't bother.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
mine is under drivers seat. Its beautiful there!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM

^^^ hahaha no wonder your butt dyno is accurate
Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^ Feji, i told Rodney the same thing....gimme the part number and will start looking for it as well....

We have:
Ryan and Gary and Alex - Shipped
Feji
Justn
another Justn
Laurent
and myself left....so 5 more to go....

...really? so im assuming im never getting anything.

Quick Reply: Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)