Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
I can wait as well, still doing other mods/projects, ECU is at the end for me
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
who's Gary and Ryan??

KN_TL - Rodney told me you perfected a tune for a full bolt-on 6spd with the 440C injectors and fuel pump assembly. I might have to run this first before the supercharger install and i was wondering if this is true. I'd just need it to get around before the s/c tune.
Shoot me your email in a PM and I'll send you the msq. What version of firmware are you running?

The one thing that isn't tweaked are the dead time settings for the injectors. I need to find those numbers. The only ones I found were from an actual test and I don't know how far off they are from factory specs. Even so, my car is running VERY well on the RDX 440's.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ thank you for confirming....people have been saying RDX 410CC and i am like "hmm, i know i read somewhere they are 440CC" LOL

btw KN might need your tune as well....am getting the RDX injectors as well....
Old 04-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Safety Car

They are 410cc......

You all have to remember that my tune is set for about 8lbs of boost so the upper end is going to be rich for your application. But it should be drivable. Could give the VE table gen a whirl and see how that does.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 PM

^^^ I hate you man...i was getting all happy about them being 440's

Yeah as I mentioned with Rodney super busy, i might need your help with getting a map
Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Safety Car

np. PM me your email address and I'll send it over.

BTW, do you know what version of firmware Rodney is shipping? I'm at bleeding edge drop 20 but I wouldn't recommend people going there yet. I'm having problems with it and I'm going to back down one version.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM

^^^ I have no idea man....but yeah will let you know as soon as i get the ECU in....

about the firmware, it can be upgraded or restored to previous version using Tunerstudio right ?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by swoosh
about the firmware, it can be upgraded or restored to previous version using Tunerstudio right ?
No, it's a utility run in a command prompt session. Firmware is developed by the MS3 people. TunerStudio is a EFI Analytic's product.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM

^^^ what i mean to say is, I can upgrade the firmware at home right ? using a laptop...
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ what i mean to say is, I can upgrade the firmware at home right ? using a laptop...
Yes, I made a video of it for Rodney in a thread here. Very easy.
The following users liked this post:
swoosh (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 PM

Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
now what is the price ??
Old 04-28-2012, 09:26 AM

^^^ send you a PM !!!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:22 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by pass427
WOW COMING FROM YOU HI SPEED SERVES AS A BIG SURPRISE AS IVE BEND BACKWARDS WITH YOUR SHOP TO GET YOUR CAR GOING FREE OF CHARGE WHICH NO OTHER WOULD DO NOT EVEN YOUR OWN INSSTALLERS AFTER TWO WEEKS OF TROUBLE SHOOTING TURNS OUT ALL FAULT WAS THERE FAULT OF DOING INSTALL WRONG ,NUMEROUS 1-3AM NIGHTS FOR ME ON THE PHONE WITH YOUR SHOP FOR TWO WEEKS GOT MY TUNER INVOLVED COVER HIS FEES FOR YOU ,OVERNIGHT 2 DIFFERENT ECUS ALL FREE OF CHARGE AND WOW WHAT A PAYBACK ,YES I DID COLLECT ECU MONEY FROM YOU AND IT STATED WE WERE NOT EVEN SURE IF ECU WOULD WORK BUT WERE LOOKING FOR HELP WITH DEVELOPEMENT AT THE TIME SO ECU DID TAKE A WHILE ESPECIALLY MAKING SURE IT WORKED UNLIKE OTHER PLACES I TEST ALL PRODUCT ON ROAD NOT JUST DYNO SO I CAN ENCOUNTER ALL OR MOST OFF ISSUES NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED WHICH HAS PROVEN TO BE BEST WAY ....

I TOLD YOU ID BE MORE THAN WILLING TO TUNE YOUR CAR WITH ARRANGEMENTS AS YOUVE ALWAYS BEEN BELOW HP LEVEL WITH YOUR TUNERS AND STORIES OF RUNNING OUT OF INJECTORS IM DEEPLY SORRY YOUR TUNER COULD NOT HANDLE THE TASK AND I DID OFFER TO HELP SO PLEASE TELL THE WHOLE STORY AND NOT JUST BASH ME ,I THINK IVE LOST ENOUGH WITH TRING TO HELP WHICH I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT BUT IT DOES BOTHER ME WHEN IM BEEN BASHED FOR NO APPARENT REASON AFTER WHAT I WENT THRU WITH YOUR CAR AND YOUR CAR ONLY AND ISTILL HELPED EVEN SENDING TWO ECUS TO YOUR SHOP WITHOUT A DEPOSIT OR GUARANTEEE THAT I WOULD RECIEVE THEM BACK WHICH I DID ,BUT NOT FOR ONE MINUTE DID I HESITATE EVEN KNOWING THEYRE NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT ......

I would like to respond to this.

My post was in reaction to KN_tl's comment that people need to be patient, which angers me. I don't see why continued failures to meet deadlines and lack of professionalism is tolerated from Rodney regardless of his sucess in tuning the 3G TL. I viewed his help getting my car running partly as payback for deficiencies in his business practices,(multiple missed deadlines,selling, tuning and shipping ECU's while I waited for my product.) costing me $$$ and time and partly for deficiencies in the product sold to me.(ECU that was unable to hold a tune, another with a NA tune on it and the cost to ship these mistakes back to him)

I am bashing Rodney for the following reasons. First, forgeting about my ECU and continuing to sell and ship them to other customers, dispte my attempts to have him ship my ECU. Attempting to talk me out of installing the ECU once it arrived, again dispite knowing I intended to install it within days of it arriving. Sending angry emails blaming me and suggesting I was telling the tuner to go against his instructions when the ECU was rejecting the tune. Asking that I stay at stock boost levels dispite running meth, and lastly for sitting here suggesting he bent over backwards for me when I have expended both a large amount of money and faith in your business. To add insult to that faith you give new deadlines for shipping the ECU and ignore them, in addition to a tracking number for a package that didn't exist.

Your assistance in getting the product you sold me to work as advertised is nowhere near the amount of bending over backwards, that sending almost $6K for a turbo and another $1400 for the ECU, while watching you sell and ship the product I am waiting for and having to wait because I was not a priority. You already had my money and figured since I was patient that why not take advantage.

To blame the customer and his shop for issues clearly connected with your products ( defective ECU that required being sent back and forth express mail) is both unprofessional and a poor display of customer service. Unable to take on this project myself I found a shop I felt was best able to do the job and had them do it. I paid this shop a flat rate to perform the work, giving them no reason to deviate from the instructions given or take additional time to finish the work. The shop would be paid the same amount if the work was finshed in one day of the 5-6 weeks it took, giving them no incentive to take longer than needed.

In the end you have the audacity when asked for help to suggest that I drop more money flying you across the country to come out and tune the car in person. You must be kidding me. I have spend far too much having my car down all that time. You want to live up to the level of customer service you claim and the forum thinks you provide. Then fly out here on your dime, rent a shop and tune the car to the numbers promised. Your sucess in work with the TL doesn't entitle you to treat people poorly, act unprofessionaly or ignore responcable was of running your business.

I have been nothing but supportive until you began ignoring your customers priorities and servicing your own and it angers me to have you pretend this is not the case. The fact that you think you can do as you wish because you are the only game in town is both wrong and counter to the reputation you and others claim. Any other vendor would be in trouble with both the forum and it's customers if they acted in this manner. I know it''s common for specialty shops to feel the customer needs them more than they need the customer, but hoped you would not adopt this mentality. As far as the ECU's and the risk you took that I would not send them back, the risks I took with you far out weight any taken on me. Shipping the ECU's cost me money sending them back and forth and I returned your ECU within days of finishing my car, a courtesy you failed to extend to me.

So you want to conduct business this way go ahead, but don't expect quailty members like myself to support you. I spend money with people that show me respect and appreciation for my business, two things prior to the ECU deal I was getting from you.
Noober (04-29-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Safety Car

^ To be perfectly honest, there was a point where I got frustrated with Rodney and it happened to be with the ECU. But in the end, he did come through. It is true that I have the luxury of not needing my ride and after initially getting frustrated, I came to the realization that I am helping him develop a product and there will be questions that I need to figure out because he is trying to cover a wide base of variables. He is really pioneering a lot of areas for this car. Because of that, I have learned and continue to learn which was my intent from the beginning.

For people who want true plug and play without having to understand or find a COMPETENT shop, then you are working on the wrong car. Plain and simple.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Old 04-30-2012, 09:30 AM

I agree with you guys....I have paid back in december and am waiting on the product....

but here is the fact, as well all know Rodney is a small business and not many funds to stock 20 ECU's....when i spoke to Rodney for the first time back in Nov-Dec 2011 he came across as a stand up guy and I told him dude lets do a GB for the product and I will help you with setting it up and getting you 15 odd orders....

He wanted to buy 15 ECU's and keep it in stock, ready to ship....I asked him not to and learn from the Turbo thread !!! even if you go back and see, there are many people who backed out of the ECU's....not a lot of people understand what they are buying is an ECU....something that will completely control the way your car drives....this ECU is being sold with a semi generic tune/map to make it plug and play.....but honestly you do need to get it fine tuned and/or monitor knock and AFR....people actually do more research in buying rims than what I have seen them buying this ECU.....

I agree that Rodney has been a little behind of schedule but I as mentioned he has always come through.....in Hi Speed's case in Libert's case in Bymers case and in KN's case....and i bet he will come through for any of the others who have bought his products.....See any new vendor, RV6 or XLR8 (when he was new) or any new vendor on the forum.....they do ask you to make a $200 NON REFUNDABLE deposit to make sure they are seriously wanting to buy the product....which I asked Rodney not to start to avoid complications....

no one else has ventured into this and this is a stepping stone to something big....i would suggest everyone to just hold on....Noober if you want your money back, contact Rodney and he will be glad to give you your money back....also you can buy the ECU from other sources but be ready to receive a blank ECU and spend atleast 400-700 on getting in tuned.....

Hi Speed the reason Rodney asked you to keep the boost where it is so that you dont risk blowing the engine.....you dont wanna do a Libert....Rodney was telling me that he asked libert not to turn the boost up and we all know the results.....anyway i have only heard from 1 source which is Rodney so if the info is biased i do apologize for not understanding the full story before commenting on it.....

As for the customer service, we all know Rodney has come through for us.....I would suggest for him to keep couple things in stock going forward and sell the product and CALL IT A DAY !!! any addition troubleshooting/helping/calls with the shop will be charged at an hourly basis.....i would suggest him to do that.....which i only think is fair.....
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
a lot of the problem was also miss direction and Rodney taking too much upon himself to deliver the product. He wants evryone to be happy with it so with that said, it can't be plug and play. He needs to sell the ecu with basic generic tunes ( stock, mild modified, fully modified,turbo,s/c) and send everyone to a tuner just like if it was all other ecu's that don't come with a map. People need to know what they bought is not a true PnP call it day thing... I could've bought an FIC for 1/2 the price and get a tune and been running months ago but I went with the JR unit because the other features associated with the ecu. No matter what tune rodney can give us, they will all need tweeking. Some will do it themselves, others will go to a tuner and still spend another $500. Its like we're buying Rodney as well in this gb and expecting him to do all the work for free. THIS IS AN ECU NOT AN EXHAUST... Rodney's fault for advertising how he did but we know it was because he's a good guy and wants his product to work.. its just not that simple. Just sell tuning ecu's and get yourself out of the mix rodney so you don't have to deal with the extra stress. Imagine someone who bought a FIC calling AEM to say they are unhappy with the tune... LMAO, not their problem, go back to your tuner...
The following 2 users liked this post by InFaMouSLink:
BostonSilverTypeS (04-30-2012), KN_TL (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:40 PM
KingKong_Dav

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts
rodney must have a nervous breakdown!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Safety Car

It's a girl! Now if AEM would just get their harnesses shipped, the rest of you will get your units.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:21 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Woot WOOT! congrats Rodney!!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
Lol.congrats rodney. Thanks for the update kn
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
congrats, rodney!

and you thought you were busy and had no time before...have fun trying to manage now!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM

KN i hate you !!! LOL

anyway Rodney send me a pic of the baby girl yesterday....i want to post it but he asked me not to.....

Waiting on the harness as KN correctly said....all the ECU's and knock monitors and AFR units are in.....only waiting on the AEM Patch harness....
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
^woohoo knock monitor! lemme know about that extension, anil!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:58 AM

^^^ still waiting on him bro.....but yeah will let you know !!! also text/call me when you get a chance to talk about the Exhaust wrap !!!
SharksBreath (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 AM
TimmieT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
congrats on the babygirl, thats good news. is there any good news for me as well? i was told my ecu should ship out today.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM

^^^ yes....Ryan (r3devi) and you are next in line....everything is ready to get shipped out....it should go out today or tomorrow....
laosthaha (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
woohoo dead last!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how much ? updated price?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM

^^^ depends on your location....PM me what all you need and will give you a quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 PM
UA7 6MT

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Any updates on the Type-S 6MT tuning?

I keep checking Rodney's Youtube Channel for updates and instead just keep replaying older videos as I await to see how the JnR ECU transforms the mighty 6MT.

Last edited by TmaX; 05-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by TmaX
Any updates on the Type-S 6MT tuning?

I keep checking Rodney's Youtube Channel for updates and instead just keep replaying older videos as I await to see how the JnR ECU transforms the mighty 6MT.
Hey long time no talk! Add my channel too. Ive been slacking on getting a final tune, but this 6mt will show you a thing or two Check the sig below ---->
Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
UA7 6MT

Wicked Video Gerzand!
I am eagerly awaiting the outcome of your final tune as well.

Rest assured when the time comes I'll be headed south for your expertise
Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Andy so how much are you putting down ???

Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 PM
04' tl 6 spd

Can we control idle with the MS3 or the stock ECU does it? thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 06:31 PM
04' tl 6 spd

I have surging at idle and start up
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
04' tl 6 spd

how do we solve this issue?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Safety Car

One thing to check is what the coolant temperature is via TunerStudio.

The other thing to try is the following via TunerStudio:

Go to Tools, Unlock Calibration Settings. Set it to Unlocked and write it to the controller.

Then go to the Calibrate Thermistor Tables and enter the following:

Burn it to the controller.

Then go back to the lock/unlock selection, set it to lock and write it.

It's likely that the idle warmup enrichment is being thrown off by an offset coolant temp reading.

Did the tuner you took it to do any adjustments?

Last edited by KN_TL; 05-03-2012 at 08:31 PM.
swoosh (05-04-2012)

Quick Reply: Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)