Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by Joey tl
I'm still have the knock light flash, codes still there. I'm debating on taking the ms3 out because I feeling it's just going to cost more and more money. Not to happy about 250/221. The tuner said if the light goes on to go back and he will adjust the timing.
Sorry to hear that. I know some of you were somewhat misled by the "Plug and Play" notion, but you really should have known it wasn't going to just be spot on right out of the box. It's been said time and time again that this is not an easy platform to tune. Everyone is too hyped up on dyno numbers. If there is improvement, the satisfaction should be gauged on that.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KN_TL
Sorry to hear that. I know some of you were somewhat misled by the "Plug and Play" notion, but you really should have known it wasn't going to just be spot on right out of the box. It's been said time and time again that this is not an easy platform to tune. Everyone is too hyped up on dyno numbers. If there is improvement, the satisfaction should be gauged on that.
My ECU should he here soon, and I'm under the impression that tuning with live tune, it is nearly "plug and play". The only local tuner I have, will not touch MS3. Am I in for a rude awakening?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by baddboxer
My ECU should he here soon, and I'm under the impression that tuning with live tune, it is nearly "plug and play". The only local tuner I have, will not touch MS3. Am I in for a rude awakening?
Sure live tune can do a lot of adjustments for you, but you really should know what to look for during that process. Unfortunately it's not like a bullydog plugin where you pick standard, economy or performance, set and forget.

It's like having high blood pressure and tweaking your medications without taking readings to see if you've gone too far one way or the other.

It's unfortunate that people keep saying a wideband isn't needed. In my opinion, it and a knock monitor are the two most important gauges.

Last edited by KN_TL; 04-25-2012 at 08:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Intermediate

I think I can get my way around with some help from guys like you on forum..

Yeah, that seems pretty risky to run without. I have both coming with my ecu. Still debating on where to mount it, and what mount to use.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Safety Car

I think I can get my way around with some help from guys like you on forum..

Yeah, that seems pretty risky to run without. I have both coming with my ecu. Still debating on where to mount it, and what mount to use.
What make/model did you end up going with for a wideband controller?

I wished I had gone with an LC-1 but the AEM unit is serving it's purpose.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
ahh now you got me with buyers remorse.
I want to be like sharky and have the LC1!!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Should try and get a group buy on the Lc-1. I know I would be in.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Intermediate

QUOTE=KN_TL;13730389]What make/model did you end up going with for a wideband controller?

I wished I had gone with an LC-1 but the AEM unit is serving it's purpose.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I have read a lot of that lately! I went with AEM Eugo from Rodney. Based off user reviews, and the amber gauges match the Tl-S. I wonder if it's too late to have Rodney send me the LC-1.. Why is it that you dislike the AEM?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Safety Car

The fact that you free air calibrate it.

Mine is working fine and won't replace it unless it fails.

The AEM unit will do the job.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
from my readings LC-1 is more benficial to FI and even then when you are pushing it

LC-1 is rated as 1a and AEM is 1b.. it depends on how deep into tuning you want to go.. and when I say deep I mean getting to 110011001100 deep

again my two cents from researching for the past few months
Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Originally Posted by justnspace
ahh now you got me with buyers remorse.
I want to be like sharky and have the LC1!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by FCVadi
from my readings LC-1 is more benficial to FI and even then when you are pushing it

LC-1 is rated as 1a and AEM is 1b.. it depends on how deep into tuning you want to go.. and when I say deep I mean getting to 110011001100 deep

again my two cents from researching for the past few months
Eh? A wideband controller is a wideband controller. What would make one more applicable to one application or another. True you want to know when at full boost you are rich enough, but more importantly to me, I want to know I am in the correct range when just driving normally since that is where I am most of the time.

And what makes one over the other go "deeper". Almost all of the mainstream manufacturers use the Bosch sensor.

My feeling is that if you can calibrate it periodically, then there is an advantage. When I bought mine, I should have known that being grounded in a semiconductor reliability background. But my initial overload of information clouded my decision with matching gauges.....stupid yeah but that's how it went.

Last edited by KN_TL; 04-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Inaccurate (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Sure live tune can do a lot of adjustments for you, but you really should know what to look for during that process. Unfortunately it's not like a bullydog plugin where you pick standard, economy or performance, set and forget.

It's like having high blood pressure and tweaking your medications without taking readings to see if you've gone too far one way or the other.

It's unfortunate that people keep saying a wideband isn't needed. In my opinion, it and a knock monitor are the two most important gauges.
Exactly what I told him.....

Justn, the LIVETUNE will go off the base map....and there are parameters like start livetune after coolant reaches certain temp or rpms pass a certain temp or something like that.....

now if we were buying a "new ECU" as in a "blank ECU" we would have had to take it to a tuner....

BTW i have heard good and bad things about both AEM and LC1....so well

if we get 10+ people for the LC1, I can push Rodney to do a GB....
Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Safety Car

For those waiting on your ECU's, the harnesses are back ordered at the factory. So this is delaying the shipments. He had contracted XLR8 to do them while he still awaits the arrival of his baby but in this situation, his hands are tied.

He told me he was moved to a different room in the hospital where the cell signal is even weaker so he won't get texts or messages immediately.

At this point, I keep telling him to concentrate on family. I hope you all support this position.

EDIT: A little more info. He does have 2 harnesses and ECU's being built. So the next two on the list will get theirs sometime next week. He is projecting sending them out on Tuesday.

Last edited by KN_TL; 04-26-2012 at 10:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by KN_TL:
justnspace (04-26-2012), SharksBreath (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM

Family first!

plus, i need my goodies from swoosh and sharky first.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 AM
BANNED

hey KN, if you talk to him...can you quickly ask him about lengthening the wires on my knock sensor if he has the time?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM

^^^ bisshhh i already told him that !!!

Thanks for the update KN.....

Rodney just text me that Ryan and Gary's ECU's will go out by Tuesday....he just needs to test em to make sure all the settings/harness/etc are good
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
BANNED

^ yeah but you never told me if he would or not.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Eh? A wideband controller is a wideband controller. What would make one more applicable to one application or another. True you want to know when at full boost you are rich enough, but more importantly to me, I want to know I am in the correct range when just driving normally since that is where I am most of the time.

And what makes one over the other go "deeper". Almost all of the mainstream manufacturers use the Bosch sensor.

My feeling is that if you can calibrate it periodically, then there is an advantage. When I bought mine, I should have known that being grounded in a semiconductor reliability background. But my initial overload of information clouded my decision with matching gauges.....stupid yeah but that's how it went.
so it is not the sensor it self which both are bosch.. it is what reads it.. the Lc-1 controller reads slightly different than the AEM.. sorry for not being clear on that... and when I say get deep into it meaning finding out everything an LC-1 controller can read versus an AEM controller... for this most part they both offer the same info in their controllers.. this is from what I remember of my research.. I could be wrong since it has been awhile I looked into it... stopped digging once I made the decision to go with AEM

not saying buy one over the other, everyone should do their research... but what I stated above is from what I think I remember
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
^ yeah but you never told me if he would or not.
because he never got back to me

because he is in the hospital

because he is awaiting a baby

i got you Aar...will let you know what Rodney tells me (when he tells me thow)....
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Safety Car

so it is not the sensor it self which both are bosch.. it is what reads it.. the Lc-1 controller reads slightly different than the AEM.. sorry for not being clear on that... and when I say get deep into it meaning finding out everything an LC-1 controller can read versus an AEM controller... for this most part they both offer the same info in their controllers.. this is from what I remember of my research.. I could be wrong since it has been awhile I looked into it... stopped digging once I made the decision to go with AEM

not saying buy one over the other, everyone should do their research... but what I stated above is from what I think I remember
Sure people should do their own research, but why post something that is incorrect? Your babbling shows that you aren't sure and shouldn't have said what you said in the first place.

In reality, the only difference between the AEM and Innovative solution is the logging capability of the LC-1. They both measure and interpret A/F data and have analog outputs. There is nothing more magical or deep about that data unless you consider A/F Ratio vs Lambda as being more information which also isn't true. It's like measuring in inches vs cm.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
if i don't receive my unit by the end of may, i want a full refund.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Burning Brakes

I do tend to babble, and it might show I am not sure.. but hopefully people read the part that says it is my opinion and hopefully people should do research

however there is a difference as you stated which is logging, LC-1 setup.. I am not sure if it is the cable or what technology allows more data to be logged and seen in their logworks software.. AEM UEGO does not get to all the level of logging offered by LC-1

as an example if LC-1 logged 100% of data available then AEM UEGO would do about 90 to 95 % available.. what I wanted to get across is that people need to decide if that extra % difference is worth getting the LC-1 versus the AEM UEGO

now I am still digging into tuner studio software to see if that might close the gap between the two but there is a technological differnce somwhere in the LC-1 cable (and/or logwork software) that allows more data to be available.. I do know from my research that logworks does not work with AEM UEGO.. but that is research and not my own hands on experience..

sorry for the lengthy response but I want to make sure that everyone knows there can be many facets to an opinion and if you are spending this much money and time on something that you dont take anyone's word here as truth and look into it on your own

also I am sorry if I confused folks with my opinions, my words are faster than my brain and I dont always fully grasp what I write when I do, I am just in a rush to respond
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Noober
You might as well get it now. If you can't be patient in the current circumstances......

I do tend to babble, and it might show I am not sure.. but hopefully people read the part that says it is my opinion and hopefully people should do research

however there is a difference as you stated which is logging, LC-1 setup.. I am not sure if it is the cable or what technology allows more data to be logged and seen in their logworks software.. AEM UEGO does not get to all the level of logging offered by LC-1

as an example if LC-1 logged 100% of data available then AEM UEGO would do about 90 to 95 % available.. what I wanted to get across is that people need to decide if that extra % difference is worth getting the LC-1 versus the AEM UEGO

now I am still digging into tuner studio software to see if that might close the gap between the two but there is a technological differnce somwhere in the LC-1 cable (and/or logwork software) that allows more data to be available.. I do know from my research that logworks does not work with AEM UEGO.. but that is research and not my own hands on experience..

sorry for the lengthy response but I want to make sure that everyone knows there can be many facets to an opinion and if you are spending this much money and time on something that you dont take anyone's word here as truth and look into it on your own

also I am sorry if I confused folks with my opinions, my words are faster than my brain and I dont always fully grasp what I write when I do, I am just in a rush to respond
I give up......
Old 04-26-2012, 02:00 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
I totally understand where you are coming from and would go ahead and get the refund. I waited over a year for my ECU dispite having put down a depo and paying in full a yr before. This is to someone who supported him from the begining and was more than patient in all aspects of the project. These where promised long ago and delivery doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

As far as being patient, you are the customer and he needs to follow thru with the product as promised. I had to become aggressive with Rodney to get my ECU sent out to me. I understand he is busy with a new baby, but obligations are just that and need to be deligated to another person if you are unable to fulfill them. Rodney has done great things for this platform, but has also been given way too much leeway. Patients is one thing and not being a priority is another, when I asked about when I would get my ECU I was given date after date that would pass with no explanation. When I did get him to ship it, time after time I would get a tracking number only to find out he never dropped off the package in the first place. I have supported Rodney as long as I can.

If he can deliver on the promises he and his cheerleader have made than do it, if not refund peoples money and call it a day. This whole attitude of be patient and Rodney can do no wrong because he has done great things is BS. If you can have Rodney tune your car himself, go for it. If you are like most of us and this is not an option, cut bait and run. The ECU is great but not worth the trouble I and many of you will go thru to get it.

This is my opinion, it's not unfounded and I have had enough.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Hi speed
I totally understand where you are coming from and would go ahead and get the refund. I waited over a year for my ECU dispite having put down a depo and paying in full a yr before. This is to someone who supported him from the begining and was more than patient in all aspects of the project. These where promised long ago and delivery doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

As far as being patient, you are the customer and he needs to follow thru with the product as promised. I had to become aggressive with Rodney to get my ECU sent out to me. I understand he is busy with a new baby, but obligations are just that and need to be deligated to another person if you are unable to fulfill them. Rodney has done great things for this platform, but has also been given way too much leeway. Patients is one thing and not being a priority is another, when I asked about when I would get my ECU I was given date after date that would pass with no explanation. When I did get him to ship it, time after time I would get a tracking number only to find out he never dropped off the package in the first place. I have supported Rodney as long as I can.

If he can deliver on the promises he and his cheerleader have made than do it, if not refund peoples money and call it a day. This whole attitude of be patient and Rodney can do no wrong because he has done great things is BS. If you can have Rodney tune your car himself, go for it. If you are like most of us and this is not an option, cut bait and run. The ECU is great but not worth the trouble I and many of you will go thru to get it.

So on one hand you comment on how well your ride is running and on the other hand you bash him. I completely understand now.

I have a full time job and try and do work on my car after hours. I can't tell you how many times I said I would send something to him and couldn't do it. That shit happens when you do this on the side. If you can't accept that, then you shouldn't have kept going.

Last edited by KN_TL; 04-26-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
BANNED

there are a lot of good points in the last few posts.

bottom line is, rodney IS running a business, right? if you tell someone that they will get their item on a particular date...then they should have it in their mailbox on that day.

i understand it is a small business, but it's still a business nonetheless. i support rodney and everything he is doing for us, but the wait time is a bit extreme. rodney needs to have other people helping him out, he cannot do it alone and i don't think anybody would expect him to.

lets face it, were not buying a fog light kit for $50. were spending A LOT of money and we (the customers) take it seriously.

it reminds me a lot of wheel companies. you pay them $2k for a set of custom wheels, and they say it'll take 4 weeks to get to you. fine. in reality, it takes 4 months. but nobody tells you that until after you've paid and after you've waited a month. people are on particular time schedules and we expect the product to arrive as advertised and on time. i realize things come up, family, illness, what have you...thats why you need more people working for you so they can help pick up the slack.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:41 PM

^^^ Aaron....i understand your point....but we need to understand one thing.....when the shipment is not in your hands, you cant do anything about it....

RV6 exhaust....the batch was more than 6 months late.....business right ? same price right ?
XLR8 coilovers....more than a month late

what am trying to say is he is trying to do everything.....I placed the orders for the ECU and the Harness....I have been collecting $$$ and sending orders....if the parts are in backorder, there is nothing you can do about it.....

now if he had 10K to start something up, he would have have 10 ECU's multiple patch harnesses and Knock Monitors in stock....but I told him not to order and keep in stock as a learning lesson from the turbo thread.....had 30-40 people interested and only 3 converted....

i told him i will setup up a GB and make sure you get orders (and am doing all this for FREE).....and once he gets the orders he can start ordering stuff and go that way.....
Old 04-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

all i'm saying is that this gb was totally misleading. i rather go to Dominican with the ecu money, since summer is a month away.
seeing as how joeytl and others are having many problems with their ecu, im seriously doubting this unit.
but i'll wait it out a bit longer, see if i can work and play with it.
i do however appreciate everyone's helpful posts on this thread, i've learn alot. there is no hatred here for rodney and whoever else is helping him, as a customer i'd just like promises made out to me to be fulfilled.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:40 PM
BANNED

seeing as how joeytl and others are having many problems with their ecu, im seriously doubting this unit.
it's not that were having problems with it. you'll get sent the ECU with the base map preloaded and you can plug it in and your good to go...BUT...you will want to live tune or take it to a shop to get it tuned properly.

everyones car is different so we can't expect a car that is tuned in florida will have the same results as one tuned in baltimore, kansas, or canada. it's that simple.

gotta get it retuned for YOUR car once you get it, and you'll be happy. it is a nice product.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:41 PM

tell me about it dude....i didnt know how much i will get involved in this....i paid back in december....

1 think i can assure you of is the customer service by Rodney....people have gone back to him and he has spend hours on the phone helping debug the issue if you encounter any.....
Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by Joey tl
That's it I got 250/221
Joey, can you post up your dyno? Is that SAE or STD corrected? Big difference between the two.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ bisshhh i already told him that !!!

Thanks for the update KN.....

Rodney just text me that Ryan and Gary's ECU's will go out by Tuesday....he just needs to test em to make sure all the settings/harness/etc are good

who's Gary and Ryan??

KN_TL - Rodney told me you perfected a tune for a full bolt-on 6spd with the 440C injectors and fuel pump assembly. I might have to run this first before the supercharger install and i was wondering if this is true. I'd just need it to get around before the s/c tune.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
I totally understand everyones point rregardless of my situation ive been still working on everyones order ...the major issue im having is not with the ecu or knock units i have them all but issue im having which id never think is aem patch harnesses has been on back order ive sourced these thru 4 different supplier they were all out of stock ,i reached out to excelerate for help aem told him same they had in stock so i went ahead and order but same thing there making a batch thou which should be ready ill check back on monday but not sitting around and wait i had excelerate overnight me one which they found there warehouse had ....

With that said ill have r3devi7 & laosthaha sent out as i just need to test them and off they go .....

After these are sent out tuesday latest

ill have justin space
feji
micheal
infamous already let me have it in a nice manner for everyone lol

im totallly dissapointed this happened as this would have been last thing on my thought aem ran out of harnesses but checking back looks like we bought most of them from aem days til now ....

Please bare with me and ill come thru like ive always done feel free to text me im not dodging anyone ............
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi speed

WOW COMING FROM YOU HI SPEED SERVES AS A BIG SURPRISE AS IVE BEND BACKWARDS WITH YOUR SHOP TO GET YOUR CAR GOING FREE OF CHARGE WHICH NO OTHER WOULD DO NOT EVEN YOUR OWN INSSTALLERS AFTER TWO WEEKS OF TROUBLE SHOOTING TURNS OUT ALL FAULT WAS THERE FAULT OF DOING INSTALL WRONG ,NUMEROUS 1-3AM NIGHTS FOR ME ON THE PHONE WITH YOUR SHOP FOR TWO WEEKS GOT MY TUNER INVOLVED COVER HIS FEES FOR YOU ,OVERNIGHT 2 DIFFERENT ECUS ALL FREE OF CHARGE AND WOW WHAT A PAYBACK ,YES I DID COLLECT ECU MONEY FROM YOU AND IT STATED WE WERE NOT EVEN SURE IF ECU WOULD WORK BUT WERE LOOKING FOR HELP WITH DEVELOPEMENT AT THE TIME SO ECU DID TAKE A WHILE ESPECIALLY MAKING SURE IT WORKED UNLIKE OTHER PLACES I TEST ALL PRODUCT ON ROAD NOT JUST DYNO SO I CAN ENCOUNTER ALL OR MOST OFF ISSUES NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED WHICH HAS PROVEN TO BE BEST WAY ....

I TOLD YOU ID BE MORE THAN WILLING TO TUNE YOUR CAR WITH ARRANGEMENTS AS YOUVE ALWAYS BEEN BELOW HP LEVEL WITH YOUR TUNERS AND STORIES OF RUNNING OUT OF INJECTORS IM DEEPLY SORRY YOUR TUNER COULD NOT HANDLE THE TASK AND I DID OFFER TO HELP SO PLEASE TELL THE WHOLE STORY AND NOT JUST BASH ME ,I THINK IVE LOST ENOUGH WITH TRING TO HELP WHICH I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT BUT IT DOES BOTHER ME WHEN IM BEEN BASHED FOR NO APPARENT REASON AFTER WHAT I WENT THRU WITH YOUR CAR AND YOUR CAR ONLY AND ISTILL HELPED EVEN SENDING TWO ECUS TO YOUR SHOP WITHOUT A DEPOSIT OR GUARANTEEE THAT I WOULD RECIEVE THEM BACK WHICH I DID ,BUT NOT FOR ONE MINUTE DID I HESITATE EVEN KNOWING THEYRE NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT ......
The following 4 users liked this post by pass427:
BostonSilverTypeS (04-27-2012), justnspace (04-26-2012), KN_TL (04-27-2012), swoosh (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM

gotta love all CAPS
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by pass427
I totally understand everyones point rregardless of my situation ive been still working on everyones order ...the major issue im having is not with the ecu or knock units i have them all but issue im having which id never think is aem patch harnesses has been on back order ive sourced these thru 4 different supplier they were all out of stock ,i reached out to excelerate for help aem told him same they had in stock so i went ahead and order but same thing there making a batch thou which should be ready ill check back on monday but not sitting around and wait i had excelerate overnight me one which they found there warehouse had ....

With that said ill have r3devi7 & laosthaha sent out as i just need to test them and off they go .....

After these are sent out tuesday latest

ill have justin space
feji
micheal
infamous already let me have it in a nice manner for everyone lol

im totallly dissapointed this happened as this would have been last thing on my thought aem ran out of harnesses but checking back looks like we bought most of them from aem days til now ....

Please bare with me and ill come thru like ive always done feel free to text me im not dodging anyone ............

True and true. Thanks for the answers. Hopefully you can get the last 4 out soon.
Who's micheal? And in what order just to confirm who's behind me.
Where's Anil's ecu? Lmao

Last edited by InFaMouSLink; 04-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM

^^^ thanks Alex....

i was thinking about the same thing....WhereTF is my ECU....maybe he forgot coz i paid back in December
Old 04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Burning Brakes

im michael, and im one of the last to receive my ecu. sucks.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 PM

im michael, and im one of the last to receive my ecu. sucks.
High Michael!
check out this thread!

How do you handle the waiting?

Jokes aside, I Dont need my ECU right away.
I dont mind being LAST.

Quick Reply: Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)