Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jandrnextlevelperformance
got a pricing for you guys.

Note: The prices will include shipping and handling as well as paypal fees.

The ecu price includes:
Jandr plug and play ecu
ecu harness prewired onto jumper harness
base map preloaded into ecu

when ordering please include,
year of car ?
Auto or manual ?
Base or types ?
Upgades done to the car please include all mods this will help get the most accurate base map

paypal id: jandrnextlevel@yahoo.com

prices before jan 31st
ecu: 1225
knock monitor: 100
aem 30-4100 aem wideband uego gauge controller: 180
12" harness: 60
injectors: 265
pigtails: Am still working on a good price for those. Dont send in payment for those. If you need them, let me know and will pm you the price.

after jan 31st prices
ecu: 1395
knock monitor: 125
aem wideband: 190
12" harness: 75
injectors: 280

so in the gb you will be saving a total of $240

Edit: Mods can you please reflect the changes to 1st post ? Thank you.
Originally Posted by swoosh
ordered

1. Swoosh - 05 5at - payment sent - fully bolted on exhaust/intake/pnp mani/runners/bored tb got: ecu+longer harness + injectors + knock monitor + wideband aem
2. Justin myers - '06 6mt - justnspace - credit card ready
3. Justin rogers- '04 at - j-rogsuperstar
4. Champ - 06 at - thechamp531 - ready
5. Phatrick34 - 06 base mt - phatrick
6. Jack213 - 05 at supercharge
7. Fenda rolla - 07 base at - sure as heaven, bitches...
8. Infamous link - 06 6speed- ecu,injectors, fuel assembly
9. Bouncer07- 05 tl 6spd
10. R3devi7 - '04 at - debit card ready....ballin' !!!
11. Joey tl - 04 tl
12. Dstah - 07 tl-s 6speed
13. Sharksbreath - 07 tl-s at 100% good to go
14. Anon person- wanted to keep the mods under the wraps so pm-ed me to add his name on the list. Sure as hell via pm
15. Joe manteiga 06 at - sloppyjoe92
16. T0talacuratl - 04 tl 6spd - ready for sure
17. Noober - 07 tl-s 5at - ready pending price
18. Feji - fcvadi - 04 6mt
19. Black07tls - 5at (pcds, rv6 v3 jpipe, aem v2)- cash in hand

still waiting on rest of people on list .....we can go ahead and make a paid/money sent list

Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TmaX
@Rodney

Could we get a few of those Dyno's from the last batch of video's posted in JPG format.
I think the ones of most interest would be:

MS3 ECU 4th Gear VTEC @ OEM vs 5000 RPM
MS3 ECU 4th Gear VTEC @ 4800 vs 5000 RPM

I am and I bet others are really intrigued by the effect it has on the torque and want to analyze it in greater detail.
This shift to a later VTEC engagement is something that has sparked a lot of interest.

I am also anxious to hear the gains from a 6MT Type-S with all bolt-ons after what Boston's 5AT Type-S was able to achieve recently!

Im currently in ST PETES and will be able to get this info posted on saturday as i get back friday night .
Old 01-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
i believe swoosh has the list of everyone that has paid. please repost it when you can.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
What happened to the fuel pump and price?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
UA7 6MT

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks Rodney!
Enjoy your vacation as you deserve it.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by KN_TL
This is in no way contributing to this thread.

FUCK YOU. It's assholes like you that chase away real knowledgeable people like IHC and Opel. I know exactly what they mean now.

Mods, you can ban me if you feel inclined to do so.
I will do this only for Rodney's benefit.

I have almost next to nothing to gain by contributing here. It is all a service to J&R.

People making stupid assumptions, jumping to conclusions and then acting like complete dickheads are what screws up this community. If u think i'veheld back anything, especially information, then you have no idea.

If anyone thinks there isn't any discussion outside of this arena is kidding themselves.

To be perfectly blunt, if the self proclaimed expert on this would just shut the hell up and put down the pom poms then this would be much cleaner. The sideshow commentary is not needed and many times outright incorrect.
please dont count yourself alongside Inaccurate/IHC/OPEL/Gerzand....big assumption right there.....to be honest Bearcat/Justn/Sharky and myself have helped more members on here that you are possibly thinking.....

the GB which i brought to life was for no personal gain either....am paying exactly what others are paying....but i did this so that max people can benefit from it including Acurazine/Vendor(jnr)/members....and this is not the first vendor i have brought to Azine....Supercomputers/USR and am talking to couple other people to become vendors.....WHY ? am getting anything out of it ? no its coz everyone benefits from it.....

i did apologize earlier to you coz you were actually helping in the thread but you have constantly being making personal attacks....and bring stuff up each post.....i agree the amount of frustration you have when i asked Brandon to hold ur hand....but yeah knock it off and lets be harmonious.....

Originally Posted by ggesq
I've read through the past couple of pages. No one is getting banned. Only thing I ask is that restraint is shown *cough Anil cough* about making assumptions. Rodney, PM me on which posts you would like deleted. IMHO I don't think any of the posts should be deleted because IMHO all it shows is how good of a vendor you actually are in correcting mistakes.
is it me Anil or someone else Anil ?

ggesq: am sorry to say this you gotta see whats going on....just coz someone post something doesnt mean he is assuming....Brandon was cursing the harness, i spoke to Rodney and asked him what was going on (for Brandon's benefit).....as it might not seem like it but everytime someone's supercomputer door sill goes out, I GET A PM.....hell its not my product am just helping someone organize his stuff and get Azine a new Vendor....anyway when i spoke to Rodney i misinterpret "harness ordered" with harness "sent" and when Brandon posted his car is running fine, of course I thought the harness might have resolved the issue.....

so now you know....the only misinterpretation was "harness sent"....

Brandon could have just posted, hey i havent received the harness rather than going all out with "dont make assumptions" and stuff like that which got to me.....

Last edited by swoosh; 01-17-2012 at 10:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
the fenda rolla (01-17-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Noober
i believe swoosh has the list of everyone that has paid. please repost it when you can.
yeah i will post it up later tonight

Originally Posted by Hi speed
What happened to the fuel pump and price?
i think Rodney quoted the wrong post....as far i remember some mod updated the first post with the prices....

EDIT: yes ggseq updated the first post with the prices of the fuel pump and the Wideband controller w/o gauge option

Last edited by swoosh; 01-17-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:22 PM
The Track Terror

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
I for one find it unnecessary for the swearing and straight-up blatant disrespect being thrown at someone who might have just simply gotten something miscommunicated.

I don't want to get in the middle of this by any means, and of course I, like the vast majority of us, do not know what exactly just happened on page 19 of this otherwise very peaceful and productive thread. But I would hope people could conduct themselves in an adult manner and if someone has an issue with someone else, they can gladly PM each other civilly so we may all benefit from this great source of valuable information, like Swoosh said. And NOT clutter this space with filth, foul language, and vitriol...

And as much as I absolutely do not agree with allowing those hateful posts to remain, I have no choice in the matter...but I will voice my opinion...

swoosh (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Holy crap, wtf did I miss?

I dunno why any of you guys are arguing. All three of you made some childish and hypocritical post. Dunno why you guys are getting 'emotional'.

now smoke a blunt yo
Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Burning Brakes

would be interested in knowing where people are going to mount their a/f gauges. any ideas?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Ill get pics of some install ideas and dont forget about our gauge pod
Old 01-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
please dont count yourself alongside Inaccurate/IHC/OPEL/Gerzand....big assumption right there.....to be honest Bearcat/Justn/Sharky and myself have helped more members on here that you are possibly thinking.....

the GB which i brought to life was for no personal gain either....am paying exactly what others are paying....but i did this so that max people can benefit from it including Acurazine/Vendor(jnr)/members....and this is not the first vendor i have brought to Azine....Supercomputers/USR and am talking to couple other people to become vendors.....WHY ? am getting anything out of it ? no its coz everyone benefits from it.....

i did apologize earlier to you coz you were actually helping in the thread but you have constantly being making personal attacks....and bring stuff up each post.....i agree the amount of frustration you have when i asked Brandon to hold ur hand....but yeah knock it off and lets be harmonious.....

is it me Anil or someone else Anil ?

ggesq: am sorry to say this you gotta see whats going on....just coz someone post something doesnt mean he is assuming....Brandon was cursing the harness, i spoke to Rodney and asked him what was going on (for Brandon's benefit).....as it might not seem like it but everytime someone's supercomputer door sill goes out, I GET A PM.....hell its not my product am just helping someone organize his stuff and get Azine a new Vendor....anyway when i spoke to Rodney i misinterpret "harness ordered" with harness "sent" and when Brandon posted his car is running fine, of course I thought the harness might have resolved the issue.....

so now you know....the only misinterpretation was "harness sent"....

Brandon could have just posted, hey i havent received the harness rather than going all out with "dont make assumptions" and stuff like that which got to me.....
What was said was said regardless of any apology and my response was to that post. If you want to continue to do this, that is fine, go jack off by yourself.

Rodney, I'm sorry but I am not going to deal with this guy anymore. Everyone else here I could have helped will have to suffer because of him. I don't put myself in the same class as IHC and those guys, but I understand what it means to argue and deal with knowitalls.

Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
I for one find it unnecessary for the swearing and straight-up blatant disrespect being thrown at someone who might have just simply gotten something miscommunicated.

I don't want to get in the middle of this by any means, and of course I, like the vast majority of us, do not know what exactly just happened on page 19 of this otherwise very peaceful and productive thread. But I would hope people could conduct themselves in an adult manner and if someone has an issue with someone else, they can gladly PM each other civilly so we may all benefit from this great source of valuable information, like Swoosh said. And NOT clutter this space with filth, foul language, and vitriol...

And as much as I absolutely do not agree with allowing those hateful posts to remain, I have no choice in the matter...but I will voice my opinion...

Believe me, I don't like it either. But if you get annoyed enough, you're going to explode.

Good Luck everyone.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
2. Justin Myers (PAID IN FULL)
Old 01-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
folks, we are here to get an ECU that up until now is not available for our car.. Rodney is working hard to get it to us.. we are helping to get it as a standard offering... everything else needs to stop...

This is a GROUPBUY for ECU... there is enough information on this thread to help people make a decision.. if there are any other questions please search or start a thread on your question

Anil or Rodney, if you have the list of people who are interested and the list of people who have paid already that would be greatly aprpeciated to get this back to where we need it to be

Reminder to others, when we keep acting negatively we are affecting J&R business.. it might be indirectly but that is what you are doing.. and we need Rodney to be successful because he is going to bat for us in getting items that are extremely useful to the TL
Old 01-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
3. Feji (Paid in Full)
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM
The Track Terror

4. the fenda rolla (paid in full)

If it's even completely necessary to post this...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 AM

3. Feji (Paid in Full)
4. the fenda rolla (paid in full

Rodney had asked. and even tho there is a spreadsheet running around somewhere, we all saw what happened when 1 man tried to do everything.

if you paid, add your name to the list.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 AM

What was said was said regardless of any apology and my response was to that post. If you want to continue to do this, that is fine, go jack off by yourself.

Rodney, I'm sorry but I am not going to deal with this guy anymore. Everyone else here I could have helped will have to suffer because of him. I don't put myself in the same class as IHC and those guys, but I understand what it means to argue and deal with knowitalls.

Believe me, I don't like it either. But if you get annoyed enough, you're going to explode.

Good Luck everyone.
We will do just fine without you

plus NO one is going to suffer.....if thats what your thinking, stand on the sideline and witness it for yourself....there is a lot of stuff on this ECU on this website as well as on the MS3 website.....

i repeat again you were of great help until you decided to act childish....if you feel you wanna voice your opinion about the ECU feel free to post, if not and if you think your doing all of Acurazine a favor by posting please stay off.....

please dont think of this as an insult....all am telling you is think of this forum as helping yourself and not the other way around

Originally Posted by justnspace
3. Feji (Paid in Full)
4. the fenda rolla (paid in full

Rodney had asked. and even tho there is a spreadsheet running around somewhere, we all saw what happened when 1 man tried to do everything.

if you paid, add your name to the list.
1 man can do just fine Justn.....if people pay enough attention....there has been a discussion of where to install the AFR sensor atleast 3-4 times but i bet this will come up again and when it comes up, rather than saying go figure or am hurt since u didnt read my earlier post, if you just say where the fawk to put the AFR wideband sensor, it will help the overall play of this forum....

about the spreadsheet....the only reason i didnt post is coz am going off of this thread and some PM's to me.....i wanted Rodney to confirm who all paid and if the spreadsheet is accurate.....

i would hate for someone to PM me that "hey i paid for blah blah blah" something comes up and he doesnt pay.....i post the excel as paid, catch my drift ?

either way am gonna post up the excel and change it when i get a confirmation from Rodney.....

PS: for the people who PMed me with the love.....thanks fellas....really mean a lot
Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Take the private conversations/ bickering/ debate whatever the hell you want to call out of this thread and to PM. This is a warning to both swoosh and KN_TL.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Noober
would be interested in knowing where people are going to mount their a/f gauges. any ideas?
damn missed this post....

yes look at the gauge pod by JnR.....lemme ask Rodney if he will do a GB price on that (of course pending some interest).....

but yeah i know couple of the Turbo folks are running the gauge pods....it can hold 3 gauges and comes wrapped in the color of your interior
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Swoosh, I had PM'd you regarding the wideband. I don't think I'm going to need it at this point. I have some interest in my clutch and will be selling the FIC if all goes well .....catch my drift?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:18 AM

^^^ hahaha thats cool bro....

as i said, i take care of my own....holla at me when your ready and will get you the wideband for a good deal....

PS: i did reply to your PM with the price right ? my memory has been playing tricks on me....
Old 01-18-2012, 11:23 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Yea you did. If all goes well I hope to be rockin' the JnR hehehe. Not sure if I will make the group buy though, so I'll keep my distance for now.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Well we are still waiting on remainder of people on the list please pm me or email me at jandrperformance45@yahoo.com ill be more than happy answer any questions or concerns..
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sonnick
Yea you did. If all goes well I hope to be rockin' the JnR hehehe. Not sure if I will make the group buy though, so I'll keep my distance for now.
Let me/Rodney know when your ready

BUMP lets get some more payments in and couple more sales

Last edited by swoosh; 01-18-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Burning Brakes

how many payments are we waiting for till the first order gets ordered?
+ are there anyone on the list that's going to flake out? whats taking them so long..
Old 01-19-2012, 06:21 AM

close it up and ship em out!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:58 AM
The Track Terror

^^^ this +infinity...
Old 01-19-2012, 08:51 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
hey swoosh, can you update my mod list on that spreadsheet just to make sure i get the correct base map. (*i have intake, lightweight pulley, rv6 v3 pre cat deletes, rv6 v3 jpipe, xlr8 quad exhaust*) also, i hope rodney will confirm with each one of us BEFORE sending out our ECU's and make sure we all have the correct map. lastly, is there any way to show us the map were getting...or we are just taking his word for it?

oh...and i'm with the others...who else are we waiting on? at this point, you're either buying this thing or your not. and if you haven't gotten a response from the people on the list by now, my guess is you won't hear from them by 1/31.

we all knew this would happen, only 1/2 the people would actually stick to their word and purchase this. it's the way it goes with everything around here. people sign up thinking "oh yeah i'm gonna get this ECU and make some power...i'll add my name to list!"...when in reality they have $300 in their checking account and no way to actually purchase this when it's time to.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
Am I the only one getting all of this for a s/c build?

PAID . A LONG TIME AGO!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 AM
TimmieT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
s/c

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
Am I the only one getting all of this for a s/c build?

PAID . A LONG TIME AGO!
im going the S/C route also, but not till next year. i want to see how much N/A power i can get before i go the F/I route. i plan to order the ecu next week. plan to have the heads built along with port/polish sometime this year. im on full bolt-ons as of now. i subscribed to your build thread. best of luck
Old 01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
The Track Terror

How about this: Rodney sends us the ECU with ALL OF THE MAPS that he has and we can pick and choose which one we want?? Of course each MAP would be labeled according to the mods it supports. ALSO, include a completely stock MAP (that is, a MAP of all the stock parameters, with NOTHING altered for any mods).

This would be the absolute ideal way to do this...This is what Cobb does, they provide the maps and you pick and choose according to your mods.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Rodney might have some good news for you fellas....might get the ECU earlier than we expected

Sharky: your excel has been updated
Alex: yes, yourself, swampy and I paid a long time back (mid december ?) btw ur ECU is almost ready to leave JnR premises

and about how many more people are we waiting for, i dont think this is the first time you guys are on a GB are you ? usually there is a list, a deadline...you make a payment by the deadline and then you get your products....

the reason there is a list and deadline is because if Rodney orders 15 ECU he gets a price break which he is passing onto us....(PS: that 15 ECU is just a number, it would be 10 or 20 or 50).....
Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 PM

How about this: Rodney sends us the ECU with ALL OF THE MAPS that he has and we can pick and choose which one we want?? Of course each MAP would be labeled according to the mods it supports. ALSO, include a completely stock MAP (that is, a MAP of all the stock parameters, with NOTHING altered for any mods).

This would be the absolute ideal way to do this...This is what Cobb does, they provide the maps and you pick and choose according to your mods.
Yes, Rodney can send you all the maps for big and small injectors and exhaust and intake and port and polish and bored TB ETC....

but if you pick the wrong map and blow the engine, ITS YOUR FAULT....you ready to accept that liability ?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
The Track Terror

Yes, Rodney can send you all the maps for big and small injectors and exhaust and intake and port and polish and bored TB ETC....

but if you pick the wrong map and blow the engine, ITS YOUR FAULT....you ready to accept that liability ?
Ha! Well...since you put it that way! I would actually like to see all the MAPS and see where they are altered for various mods...just out of blatant curiosity...

So yea, I'll be sure to pick the right MAP for my application...
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Also folks, please keep in mind that any "Stock" map that Rodney @ J&R (or any company for that matter) sends you its going to be tuned down with much safer fuel and spark timing parameters. You'll want to do your own tuning, even on a stock motor. Someone might get extremely lucky, but in general, no two motors are exactly alike. Take a map that ships with the unit/or is available from J&R with a grain of salt.

I tuned my fully bolted and cammed J-series myself, with excellent results. However, it is not something to take lightly. Most folks shouldnt mess around and should take it somewhere to get dyno tuned or street tuned at the very least.

The following 3 users liked this post by gerzand:
FCVadi (01-20-2012), Inaccurate (01-19-2012), swoosh (01-19-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
^ This
gerzand (01-19-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 PM

Ha! Well...since you put it that way! I would actually like to see all the MAPS and see where they are altered for various mods...just out of blatant curiosity...

So yea, I'll be sure to pick the right MAP for my application...
i know what you mean....lemme see what i can do for u....

just a reminder, say "can I get the maps" rather than "can WE ALL get all the maps"

as you might be knowledable about tuning but if someone is not and puts a fully bolted on map (with bigger injectors/pnp etc) on a stock car it will create problems....and you will see post flying up saying "JnR ECU blew my motor"

Originally Posted by gerzand
Also folks, please keep in mind that any "Stock" map that Rodney @ J&R (or any company for that matter) sends you its going to be tuned down with much safer fuel and spark timing parameters. You'll want to do your own tuning, even on a stock motor. Someone might get extremely lucky, but in general, no two motors are exactly alike. Take a map that ships with the unit/or is available from J&R with a grain of salt.

I tuned my fully bolted and cammed J-series myself, with excellent results. However, it is not something to take lightly. Most folks shouldnt mess around and should take it somewhere to get dyno tuned or street tuned at the very least.
Very well said Andy....been trying to say this myself for a while....

"you can run on the maps provided to you, but getting it tuned will be optimal for better performance and experience"....but had couple responses with "its getting expensive"

Rodney has paid the tuner a lot plus the dyno time, so the maps will be very close to a tuner "tuned" maps....it will not be very expensive as the tuner is not filling out the full map himself....but cant seem to get my point thro

Last edited by swoosh; 01-19-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:12 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
^rightio.

i'm planning on going to the dyno shop...getting stock numbers. then installing the ECU...getting new ECU numbers. and finally tweaking and making adjustments IF they are necessary.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
The Track Terror

i know what you mean....lemme see what i can do for u....

just a reminder, say "can I get the maps" rather than "can WE ALL get all the maps"

as you might be knowledable about tuning but if someone is not and puts a fully bolted on map (with bigger injectors/pnp etc) on a stock car it will create problems....and you will see post flying up saying "JnR ECU blew my motor"
Gotcha, no prob...I guess I need to leave my previous ECU experience (and with other car forum communities) out of this... It's just that what I'm asking for/suggesting is common practice on other forums...

I need to remember this is new territory for the TL...

Quick Reply: Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)