Got AEM CAI and TB spacer installed...thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got AEM CAI and TB spacer installed...thoughts...

I got the AEM intake and TB spacer installed this morning. I was hell bent on installing the intake without taking the bumper off. I did it, but it wasn't easy. Everything came out flawlessly except the resonator box. There is a bolt holding it it toward the front of the box with the head pointing toward the fender. This bolt was a PITA, but I eventually got it out.

I took the car for a spin and I can feel a difference at highway speeds mostly....it definatly helps the car breath better. I was surprised how quite it is....I almost can't tell it's even there from in the cabin.

Now I just need to get the J-pipe and Pulley installed....
Old 03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the install. I pulled the bumper when I did mine and it was still a fight to get some of the stock piping out, can't imagine doing it with the bumper on but I know several people have. You getting much of the dreaded cai whistle? I actually didn't notice it when I just had the cai installed but once I added the exhaust system it's VERY noticeable.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by spinxt
I got the AEM intake and TB spacer installed this morning. I was hell bent on installing the intake without taking the bumper off. I did it, but it wasn't easy. Everything came out flawlessly except the resonator box. There is a bolt holding it it toward the front of the box with the head pointing toward the fender. This bolt was a PITA, but I eventually got it out.

I took the car for a spin and I can feel a difference at highway speeds mostly....it definatly helps the car breath better. I was surprised how quite it is....I almost can't tell it's even there from in the cabin.

Now I just need to get the J-pipe and Pulley installed....
Which AEM intake did you get? My V2 makes my car sound like a drag racer, and I can FEEL a difference.

I also took my front bumper off and I know about that bolt that was a pain to get off. I kept pulling like the DIY said to do, UNTIL I saw the nut/bolt holding in in. Not hard at all, just TIME consuming, PLUS I broke the rubber mount for the V2, I made one and its still working.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, i had my mind set on keeping my bumper on. haha i did it at night and ended up leaving my friends at 11 knowing i had to get up early haha. i was stuck on the resonator box and i ended up breaking the plastic. it was a PITA.